2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby eagletx on Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:32 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I don't think anything is coming out of BC today. I also think that, if it was Hafley, word would be out by now. Instead, I think this is going the way of all other Leahy searches where we wander in the wilderness talking to too many and relying too heavily on the one-time interview. But, to give folks some CONTENT until Fr. Bill tells Marty exactly with whom his resume will be saddled...

I certainly hope that

• A: the coach (whoever he is) has been offered by Jarmond and the BOT
  • B: that coach has accepted the offer and signed the contract and
  • C: everyone is playing it cool with the media until such time as an announcement will be made to the public

My fear is that no coach has been officially selected yet or (worse) that the coach they want turned them down for whatever reason. I don't know what the advantage is to waiting and waiting to make this announcement if they DO have a coach under contract, so I am suspicious that they do NOT have one under contract. Time is limited guys.[/q
You forgot to mention (yet again) the importance of that person being a recruiter....
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:32 am

I'm ok with them taking their time. If you rush you end up asking Urban Meyer for help and he tells you to hire Steve Addazio.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:39 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}: I also think that, if it was Hafley, word would be out by now.

Why do you think that? Given the rest of the post, this sentence was a real Spaulding doodie in the punch bowl.

BC has their process. They keep quiet so that process can run its course without interruption or outside pressure. I kept hearing Hafley, Fickell and Bielema linked to the search. Bielema's agent blabbing last night to the press means (a) he was a candidate and (b) was eliminated. That would leave 2. But, with BC... it's never that simple. There is always something to eff it up or someone wanting to hire Chip Kelly's QB Whisperer or flying to Daniel Island to see if a Bill Snyder-like return is in the offing.

I would think that, if it was Hafley... the leader pretty much tip-to-tip... it would have been announced so he could recruit this weekend for someone other than HCRD.
BTW... Bruce Feldman on The Athletic just wrote an article and is pretty much the first writer to realize the job is still open.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Los on Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:45 am

Have to think BC won't announce anything today. Just not good optics with the Frates funeral happening.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:21 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I don't think anything is coming out of BC today. I also think that, if it was Hafley, word would be out by now. Instead, I think this is going the way of all other Leahy searches where we wander in the wilderness talking to too many and relying too heavily on the one-time interview. But, to give folks some CONTENT until Fr. Bill tells Marty exactly with whom his resume will be saddled...

I certainly hope that

• A: the coach (whoever he is) has been offered by Jarmond and the BOT
  • B: that coach has accepted the offer and signed the contract and
  • C: everyone is playing it cool with the media until such time as an announcement will be made to the public

My fear is that no coach has been officially selected yet or (worse) that the coach they want turned them down for whatever reason. I don't know what the advantage is to waiting and waiting to make this announcement if they DO have a coach under contract, so I am suspicious that they do NOT have one under contract. Time is limited guys.[/q
You forgot to mention (yet again) the importance of that person being a recruiter....

Maybe its more important that you learn how to format your quotes/responses properly?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:25 pm

bates would have had this sewed up a week ago
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:48 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:bates would have had this sewed up a week ago

Bates was a great seamster, says my haberdasher .

TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:52 pm

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-boston-college-on-track-for-their-hire/

"Jarmond is still considering multiple candidates, sources told FootballScoop. At least two of them are sitting FBS head coaches, and one is Navy’s Ken Niumatalolo, sources said." :81

Sources said Jarmond interviewed another sitting head coach late this week. Sources tell FootballScoop if Jarmond winds up making this hire, everyone in college football would take notice.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:54 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:bates would have had this sewed up a week ago

Scott Loefler. MAC coach, BC connection. How could Bates pass him up?
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:08 pm

Perhaps, we are following the wrong breadcrumbs with regard the head coach at Cincy...
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:18 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-boston-college-on-track-for-their-hire/

"Jarmond is still considering multiple candidates, sources told FootballScoop. At least two of them are sitting FBS head coaches, and one is Navy’s Ken Niumatalolo, sources said." :81

Sources said Jarmond interviewed another sitting head coach late this week. Sources tell FootballScoop if Jarmond winds up making this hire, everyone in college football would take notice.

Ah yes the mystery candidate.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:22 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-boston-college-on-track-for-their-hire/

Let's pretend they are not making shit up.
Who's a sitting head coach that we could reasonably poach but a big enough name for people to talk about it?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:24 pm

TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:24 pm

Hey if a mystery candidate means that Hafley is the fallback, sure.

As long as it's not Monken.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:26 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Who's a sitting head coach that we could reasonably poach but a big enough name for people to talk about it?

While this is all flimsy and likely to never happened, it got me thinking as well. The only name (with any type of connection) is Chip. Morehead wouldn't elicit this alleged response, I cant really think of anyone else who you would consider realistic (and Chip isn't realistic unless those rumors about him being unhappy at UCLA are true)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle33 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:27 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

iirc a flight from columbus arrived late yesterday afternoon
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:29 pm

If they hire Niumatalolo, that would suck. I might even prefer Al Washington over him.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:30 pm

What if they hire Clark Lea?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:31 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

If they hire Niumatalolo, that would suck. I might even prefer Al Washington over him.

Al Washington > Niumatalolo & triple option football

And I actually like an offense that cracks the rock.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:42 pm

Niumatalolo will not happen and his faith has nothing to do with it, bizarre take by football scoop
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:44 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:What if they hire Clark Lea?

Dammit MoJ, how many Bob Diaco pics do you expect me to post here?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:45 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Who is this Mysterious Stranger?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:46 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

While this is all flimsy and likely to never happened, it got me thinking as well. The only name (with any type of connection) is Chip. Morehead wouldn't elicit this alleged response, I cant really think of anyone else who you would consider realistic (and Chip isn't realistic unless those rumors about him being unhappy at UCLA are true)

I had the exact same thought of Chip Kelly. With that said, the current roster construction is a mess for what Chip likes to do.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:50 pm

247 Ohio recruiting analyst Bill Greene {l Wrote}:After Jeff Haley had his second interview he flew out to Arizona for Ohio State. “There is optimism on the OSU side that this might not work out and OSU feels the 'second candidate' is just as strong” but nobody knows who No. 2 is.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby 2013CommAve on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:52 pm

2013CommAve
n00b

Postby BCEagles06 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:49 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I had the exact same thought of Chip Kelly. With that said, the current roster construction is a mess for what Chip likes to do.

So Chip isn't a fan of a roster of 15 tight ends and three functional wide receivers?
BCEagles06
n00b

Postby 25GeraldRd on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:15 pm

Dave Sheridan on Twitter with 3 interesting tweets:

1 - At a Christmas event for donors, Martin Jarmond reportedly said that Boston College's new head football coach will be announced on Tuesday and that alums will be happy. Delay in Process: Jarmond needed to convince the BOT to increase their financial commitment to football.

2 - Rumors are that B.C. athletic director Martin Jarmond has presented two finalists for Father Leahy's approval. New head football coach announcement could now happen on Monday or Tuesday.

3 - Further Unsubstantiated Info: The rumor is that one of the finalists presented by Martin Jarmond to Father Leahy is current Ohio St defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley.

https://twitter.com/toughdsheridan
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles06 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:29 pm

Who the hell is Dave Sheridan?
BCEagles06
n00b

Postby JesuitIvy on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:49 pm

BCEagles06 {l Wrote}:Who the hell is Dave Sheridan?

He's a tough guy - can't you read his bio?!
Retired as dogcatcher after random drug test proved use of performance enhancing drugs combined with Wade Boggs amount of beer in blood stream.

I saw another tweet of his where he mentioned coughlin was third choice of gladchuk (after Beamer and Jimmye Laycock)(. That guy lucked out on his back up choices. Remember when Mike Milbury was BC hockey HC before he bailed to a future of ruining the Islanders?
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:03 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
247 Ohio recruiting analyst Bill Greene {l Wrote}:After Jeff Haley had his second interview he flew out to Arizona for Ohio State. “There is optimism on the OSU side that this might not work out and OSU feels the 'second candidate' is just as strong” but nobody knows who No. 2 is.

That quote is from yesterday afternoon, I'm not sure it's very current.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium