2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:54 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:I’m a little disappointed no one has linked to this yet. It’s a coaching search, we’re supposed to be deranged.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJM ... /KBED/KCMH

CONTENT!

Rumor is that Jarmond was meeting with Urban Meyer for advice. I don't believe it but someone was posting that on the twitter machine on sunday.

didn't urban move to los angeles for his fox job
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:57 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:I’m a little disappointed no one has linked to this yet. It’s a coaching search, we’re supposed to be deranged.

CONTENT!

Rumor is that Jarmond was meeting with Urban Meyer for advice. I don't believe it but someone was posting that on the twitter machine on sunday.

Just check the flight trackers
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:58 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

CONTENT!

I thought he had some cushy gig at tOSU.

p.s. apparently, a mysterious poster that graduated sometime before 1975 but has been a stranger to this place for sometime now is now a blogger for SI. Why was I not made aware of this sooner?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:59 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

CONTENT!

Just check the flight trackers

SHOW ME THE FLIGHT RECORDS, TYRANTS!!!!!

P.S. who's on the twitter machine analyzing the metadata from MJ's posts. where is he now?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:05 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
p.s. apparently, a mysterious poster that graduated sometime before 1975 but has been a stranger to this place for sometime now is now a blogger for SI. Why was I not made aware of this sooner?

link please...asking for a friend
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:06 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

https://www.si.com/college/bostoncolleg ... mlNuC9fWA/

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:06 am

hansen {l Wrote}:p.s. apparently, a mysterious poster that graduated sometime before 1975 but has been a stranger to this place for sometime now is now a blogger for SI. Why was I not made aware of this sooner?

Wait... what? Fedex me the details, please.

nvm naturally you served huang first
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:12 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:p.s. apparently, a mysterious poster that graduated sometime before 1975 but has been a stranger to this place for sometime now is now a blogger for SI. Why was I not made aware of this sooner?

would have made more sense if I served you first then Huang 3 years later :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:13 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

would have made more sense if I served you first then Huang 3 years later :shrug

This doesn't happen often but wow, I have no response here. Well done, I think?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:15 am

Marcus Outlow {l Wrote}:[In response to Josh Keyes story about Daz] Absolutely unreal.... glad I was able to get outta there in a timely manner! I saw Adazzio for who he really was and it wasn’t in a good light at all. Absolute shame they would do such a thing to a guy like you Josh.. keep striving big bro!!

[On why he transferred] That and my position coach contributed greatly to my detachment from BC. Plenty lies, disrespectful comments, and disappointment was all I got from them both. I was sad and hurt to leave because I loved BC at the time but more so the relationships I built with my brothers there.

I was thinking maybe there was high risk/reward with Big Al getting a shot but now I'm thinking the risks are far outweighing the rewards. Not a good look when people don't want to transfer but no choice due to the way they were treated by Daz and his cohort.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Bumpers on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:56 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

"word salad excuse diarrhea"

I always thought salad was the cure for diarrhea. Can we move this link to the diarrhea idiom thread, please?
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:01 am

Bumpers {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

"word salad excuse diarrhea"

I always thought salad was the cure for diarrhea. Can we move this link to the diarrhea idiom thread, please?

I'm pretty sure rice is the go to move when you got the runs. Tonto is the poop expert though so I will defer to him.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:09 am

Bumpers {l Wrote}:I always thought salad was the cure for diarrhea. Can we move this link to the diarrhea idiom thread, please?

Diarrhea is just butt-salad. You know what I'm talking about - you barely make it to the bowl, hands shaking while fumbling at your belt, and throw your pants down just in time to salad-shoot burning chunks of what looks like a bass-boat motor churning out muddy millfoil, then have to flush eight times for the water to actually wipe the chipped mulch down from the porcelain sides. If you've already got diarrhea, the last thing you want to do is throw more fuel into the elk-bellowing woodchipper spinning in your colon.

Salad in point of fact cures constipation; works best if it's not full-on constipation, but rather, steakhouse-and-booze constipation where you ate too much meat, drank too little water, consumed no fiber, and you're a fatty who can barely haul your take-it-out-another-few-inches-mister--haberdasher sportscoat up a flight of steps without sucking wind. You know the guy in the next stall - groans like he's giving birth except instead of something the dimensions of a pineapple, he's like the alien queen squeezing out baby-facehuggers in little quail-egg-sized packages because he didn't eat his salad.

Eat salad until your butt makes salad, then stop eating salad for a while.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:52 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
Marcus Outlow {l Wrote}:[In response to Josh Keyes story about Daz] Absolutely unreal.... glad I was able to get outta there in a timely manner! I saw Adazzio for who he really was and it wasn’t in a good light at all. Absolute shame they would do such a thing to a guy like you Josh.. keep striving big bro!!

[On why he transferred] That and my position coach contributed greatly to my detachment from BC. Plenty lies, disrespectful comments, and disappointment was all I got from them both. I was sad and hurt to leave because I loved BC at the time but more so the relationships I built with my brothers there.

I was thinking maybe there was high risk/reward with Big Al getting a shot but now I'm thinking the risks are far outweighing the rewards. Not a good look when people don't want to transfer but no choice due to the way they were treated by Daz and his cohort.

Like I said, Outlow ended up at Coastal Carolina, not anyplace decent or comparable, so it may very well be that he just sucked or had an attitude problem. He is about the only person I have heard to date say something bad about Big Al. His guys at Michigan loved him--although they were upset he chose to leave for tOSU and his guys at tOSU love him. Williams and Keyes have no reason to lie about Dazzler and there is enough other smoke around Dazzler to think that the preponderance of the evidence suggests he is a petty little man. With Outlow, you have a guy who has every reason to be bitter and angry--i.e., he didn't make it at BC and ended up at a crap program significantly downstream from a P5 conference--and a guy who has an otherwise sterling reputation going all the way back to when he did what had to be done against the UVA meathead who cheap shotted The King of Africa. The preponderance of the evidence favors Big Al.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:00 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Like I said, Outlow ended up at Coastal Carolina, not anyplace decent or comparable, so it may very well be that he just sucked or had an attitude problem. He is about the only person I have heard to date say something bad about Big Al. His guys at Michigan loved him--although they were upset he chose to leave for tOSU and his guys at tOSU love him. Williams and Keyes have no reason to lie about Dazzler and there is enough other smoke around Dazzler to think that the preponderance of the evidence suggests he is a petty little man. With Outlow, you have a guy who has every reason to be bitter and angry--i.e., he didn't make it at BC and ended up at a crap program significantly downstream from a P5 conference--and a guy who has an otherwise sterling reputation going all the way back to when he did what had to be done against the UVA meathead who cheap shotted The King of Africa. The preponderance of the evidence favors Big Al.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:56 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Case desmithed.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:26 pm

Ron Rivera is available. Maybe Keeks can put in a good word?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Bumpers on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:57 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:I always thought salad was the cure for diarrhea. Can we move this link to the diarrhea idiom thread, please?

Diarrhea is just butt-salad. You know what I'm talking about - you barely make it to the bowl, hands shaking while fumbling at your belt, and throw your pants down just in time to salad-shoot burning chunks of what looks like a bass-boat motor churning out muddy millfoil, then have to flush eight times for the water to actually wipe the chipped mulch down from the porcelain sides. If you've already got diarrhea, the last thing you want to do is throw more fuel into the elk-bellowing woodchipper spinning in your colon.

Salad in point of fact cures constipation; works best if it's not full-on constipation, but rather, steakhouse-and-booze constipation where you ate too much meat, drank too little water, consumed no fiber, and you're a fatty who can barely haul your take-it-out-another-few-inches-mister--haberdasher sportscoat up a flight of steps without sucking wind. You know the guy in the next stall - groans like he's giving birth except instead of something the dimensions of a pineapple, he's like the alien queen squeezing out baby-facehuggers in little quail-egg-sized packages because he didn't eat his salad.

Eat salad until your butt makes salad, then stop eating salad for a while.

This makes me want to eat a bowl of kale.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:00 pm

Bumpers {l Wrote}:This makes me want to eat a bowl of kale.

Are you constipated? Or simply embracing your scientific spirit and want to use your own self as a sort of Doctor Poopenstein for conducting experiments?

Either way, for posteriority's sake, live-blog it. Since no one seems to have any updates on our coaching search, this thread is the new Mary Anne's until further notice.

Search term of the day: Daddy Poopbucks
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:34 pm

jarmond was on with acc net this am, for some reason it's linked in vimeo

https://vimeo.com/377185902

edit since we're in flight tracking szn, jarmond mentioned he's getting on a plane after the interview. at 10 AM a charter left from bedford for cincy: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/TWY ... /KBED/KLUK
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:50 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:jarmond was on with acc net this am, for some reason it's linked in vimeo

https://vimeo.com/377185902

edit since we're in flight tracking szn, jarmond mentioned he's getting on a plane after the interview. at 10 AM a charter left from bedford for cincy: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/TWY ... /KBED/KLUK

Fickell would probably do a good job, the AAC has been as tough as the ACC the past couple years, and he’s a hell of a recruiter. I think it’s a good idea to get someone that can recruit in areas other than NJ with Schiano back
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:47 pm

Fickel is not the answer. He loves to pound the rock, Daz style! His passing offense sucks. Watch him on Saturday v Memphis and report back.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:40 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Fickel is not the answer. He loves to pound the rock, Daz style! His passing offense sucks. Watch him on Saturday v Memphis and report back.

Go Eagles!

I don't care how we win games as long as we win.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby sonof81 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:54 am

That plane flew to Atlanta. Possible candidates there (with BC connections): Dirk Koetter, Dave Brock.

Overnighted in Savannah. Then is flying to Trenton this morning, before going back to Hanscomb this afternoon.
sonof81
n00b

Postby BostonCollege1 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:29 am

sonof81 {l Wrote}:That plane flew to Atlanta. Possible candidates there (with BC connections): Dirk Koetter, Dave Brock.

Overnighted in Savannah. Then is flying to Trenton this morning, before going back to Hanscomb this afternoon.

You’re assuming that this isn’t a shared charter, serving multiple customers.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:32 am

One of you large-corporation types with jet access please correct me if I'm wrong ... my understanding of the charter jet business model is that while the plane may have traveled from Cincinnati to Atlanta, that doesn't mean Jarmond was on it. Only flown small-charter a few times and they were all one-ways.

JARMOND COULD BE ANYWHERE.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:49 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:One of you large-corporation types with jet access please correct me if I'm wrong ... my understanding of the charter jet business model is that while the plane may have traveled from Cincinnati to Atlanta, that doesn't mean Jarmond was on it. Only flown small-charter a few times and they were all one-ways.

JARMOND COULD BE ANYWHERE.

You are correct. Unless you own the plane, the operator is going to try to keep it moving. The broker for BC can set up a series of flights on different planes.

Atlanta is a popular spot to hold interviews because it is easy for people to get to and they can do it without drawing attention. Chicago too.

Savannah and Trenton make little sense which has me believing Jarmond is on a different planes out of Ohio.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:58 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Savannah and Trenton make little sense which has me believing Jarmond is on a different planes out of Ohio.

Gulfstream is in both Ohio and Savannah - first thing that sprang to mind.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:48 am

Another huge indication that BC is small time football. We can't even flight track properly.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:50 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Another huge indication that BC is small time football. We can't even flight track properly.

I don't know... the board has already identified Dirk Koetter and Dave Brown as finalists. What other school would even remember who those coaches are?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium