Addazio fired

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio fired

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:56 pm

Lol at the BC alumni and "donors". Fucking embarrassing. Should stfu.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:12 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Hey at least we get to see Josh Keyes at BC games going fwd...

https://twitter.com/Josh__Keyes/status/ ... 7186774019

First Andre Williams and now this....interesting

Not to be pedantic but the Keyes tweet came before the Williams one.
Also, Chris Cameron, the former communications guy, is hinting he has a ton of stories about Daz. He so far has only mentioned that he was ordered to hunt down heights editor Michael Sullivan after Sullivan asked a tough question of him during a press conference.

Didn't daz summon some bc sports bloggers into his office only to have meatBaum perp-walk them out?
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:33 pm

I'm glad he's gone. I don't care if he cried on his way out the door. He was a horrible head coach and he put way too much ketchup on his fries. Good riddance.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:00 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Levy tweeted the same emoji 4hours ago.

Both of these guys know Al. Not sure if that means anything. :shrug
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:24 pm

one of the 5th yr transfer OL from UF, Matt Patchan, is going to bat for Daz.

Lukas Denis tweeted:
https://twitter.com/_LukasDenis7/status ... 6408639490
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:34 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Yea the tweets that are piling up from former players and former BC people is surprising. Keyes, Williams... Momah/Blackmon are more in discussion mode. Chris Cameron has been all over this tonight as well. I'm sure more tweets are coming.

I knew Daz was an unlikeable clown but I'm surprised by all of this.

Someone claimed that Andre's excitement was about Gunnell being named the interim. Not sure if that's true or not. I wouldn't think Andre would have much ill will considering Addazio came in and made him a Heisman finalist and got him some NFL money.

More from Andre. Definitely not an Addazio fan

https://twitter.com/drewill44/status/12 ... 36706?s=21
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:12 am

You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:39 am

Totally believe Keyes given what I have heard about Addazio. Good riddance.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:50 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

It’s becoming quite clear that Daz could be quite petty if you crossed him in even the slightest manner.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:12 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

It’s becoming quite clear that Daz could be quite petty if you crossed him in even the slightest manner.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17648&start=35

apology accepted, wallkicker/weenerlicker
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:18 am

Welcome back, TRE!

Calling hansen a wallkicker/weenerkisser makes me wonder ... who put the holes in fifth floor O'Neill? It had to be someone who was both a wallkicker and a weenerkisser.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:44 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

I still stand by original comment. He was petty but still no need to beat a horse while he’s down (even if what you are saying is correct).

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:46 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

I still stand by original comment. He was petty but still no need to beat a horse while he’s down (even if what you are saying is correct).

If the stories are true, the beating is earned.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:47 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Welcome back, TRE!

Calling hansen a wallkicker/weenerkisser makes me wonder ... who put the holes in fifth floor O'Neill? It had to be someone who was both a wallkicker and a weenerkisser.

Even if I kicked those holes in the bathroom, I had no idea what they would be used for. I grew up really sheltered. My mom was super religious. High school was eye opening for me etc. I didn’t even know what a gloryhole was until I came to this place right after college... I had honestly no idea such a thing existed no matter how much people here might say otherwise.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:52 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

That is some fucked up shit. Who was the smarmy halfwit lackey who picked up the phone to call the Falcons? Doubt it was daz himself.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:14 am

Does anyone have a link to this morning's press conference?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:14 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

That is some fucked up shit. Who was the smarmy halfwit lackey who picked up the phone to call the Falcons? Doubt it was daz himself.

Louie
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:18 am

Evan Stewart and Aaron Gethers are in the transfer portal

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:21 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Does anyone have a link to this morning's press conference?

This stream is wicked choppy:
https://twitter.com/bcfootball/status/1 ... 2546704386

I’m Hoping the post it on YouTube later.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:32 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Louie

Speaking of Louie, in one of the Patchan/DreWill convos on twitter, Andre made mention of a certain unnamed TE that had no business being on the field and pretty much fucked up every play he was a part of. Found it interesting.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:01 pm

There are few absolutes in the world, first of all. So while I’m in the camp that Addazio is largely a good guy, I do also think he can be petty and doesn’t appreciate doubt. It showed in his gameplanning. He did not often switch up his gameplan to react to what the other team was doing. Often if we won, it’s because whatever gameplan he rolled out pregame worked the whole time.

That said, I think he genuinely wanted to build his players into respectable men and cared for them. I think he wanted to be a BC man badly, and loved the culture. Clearly from his pressers, he’s an optimist (bigtime excuse maker too). He had genuine good intents for the university but his execution on it was simply poor.

As Louis CK once put it, “there was no decent sense of self-doubt.” Addazio was simply so barrel ass on what he thought was correct he never adjusted. If his gameplan failed, there was no adjustment, he just figured he had to do the original gameplan at 110% instead of just 100%. Fatal flaw. Just not an X’s and O’s guy.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:40 pm

Word on the street is that Notre Dame May be looking at the Dazzler as an OL Coach.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:51 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:There are few absolutes in the world, first of all. So while I’m in the camp that Addazio is largely a good guy, I do also think he can be petty and doesn’t appreciate doubt. It showed in his gameplanning. He did not often switch up his gameplan to react to what the other team was doing. Often if we won, it’s because whatever gameplan he rolled out pregame worked the whole time.

That said, I think he genuinely wanted to build his players into respectable men and cared for them. I think he wanted to be a BC man badly, and loved the culture. Clearly from his pressers, he’s an optimist (bigtime excuse maker too). He had genuine good intents for the university but his execution on it was simply poor.

As Louis CK once put it, “there was no decent sense of self-doubt.” Addazio was simply so barrel ass on what he thought was correct he never adjusted. If his gameplan failed, there was no adjustment, he just figured he had to do the original gameplan at 110% instead of just 100%. Fatal flaw. Just not an X’s and O’s guy.

Nice of you to close with a Louis CK post after we had to watch you jack off through the previous two paragraphs.

Daz was a hothead and a doofus. Good riddance.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:26 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:There are few absolutes in the world, first of all. So while I’m in the camp that Addazio is largely a good guy, I do also think he can be petty and doesn’t appreciate doubt. It showed in his gameplanning. He did not often switch up his gameplan to react to what the other team was doing. Often if we won, it’s because whatever gameplan he rolled out pregame worked the whole time.

Nice of you to close with a Louis CK post after we had to watch you jack off through the previous two paragraphs.

Daz was a hothead and a doofus. Good riddance.

He was here 7 years, sometimes that’s more than one sentence. I trust you can handle that

His firing is good (great) for the program to your point, but it doesn’t mean he wasn’t deserving of having some good words said. He was mediocre, but you seem to forget that Spaziani was several degrees worse as a head coach and a personality
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:39 pm

this

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:50 pm

It's unfortunate it ended this way, but it needed to end. The first two years were fun. "Be a dude" was fun. Beating USC was fun. Having a clean program we could all be proud of (at least off the field) was great, and he generally represented the school well in interviews, appearances, etc. For all those things I say "thanks" to Daz, and I wish him well. But it has not been fun for awhile, and mediocrity and losing every big game had become the expected. That sucks. Now let's go find the next guy who can recruit another NFL-caliber quarterback, and let's have some fun again.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:48 pm

Anyone remember Addazio's record when trailing at halftime? I can't seem to find it.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:52 pm

Heres Marcus Outlow chiming in re: the Josh Keyes situation ...

https://twitter.com/CoachOutlow/status/1201530697623785473
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Today is a great day to give to the Flynn Fund.

Tell them there's even more money coming when they can the zombie running the hoops program.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:39 pm

The Keyes & Williams stories have been picked up by the Globe: https://www.boston.com/sports/college-s ... e-williams
AW sounds a little butthurt. Maybe Daz's head was spinning trying to figure out what he was going to tell the media after another bad loss?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium