Addazio fired

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio fired

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:56 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:As long as we don’t hire Turnkey

Amen
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby BCdee on Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:59 pm

Tastes like victory. :elephant

BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:30 pm

hell yeah, bon jovi bitches... halfway there.

you guys are being far too nice about the heinz hammer. this dickwashbowl embarrassed the school I once loved with his antics on a weekly basis. You win 10,11 games a year you can act like that. You fall ass backwards into .500, put that shit away.

You also all seem to forget that nothing was ever this guys fault. He was throwing people under busses faster than a board member and his culinary son. No qb over 7 years and a defense that rates in the 100s in most measurable metrics.

Good riddance to thin-skin slaughter. Let him frustrate the hell out of some other fan base like he has at his last three stops.

Based on the games against SLU and Richmond, I’m guessing I’ll see you kids in late March.

Peace out dickhole. Enjoy a bag of dicks smothered in hunts catsup
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:36 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:hell yeah, bon jovi bitches... halfway there.

you guys are being far too nice about the heinz hammer. this dickwashbowl embarrassed the school I once loved with his antics on a weekly basis. You win 10,11 games a year you can act like that. You fall ass backwards into .500, put that shit away.

You also all seem to forget that nothing was ever this guys fault. He was throwing people under busses faster than a board member and his culinary son. No qb over 7 years and a defense that rates in the 100s in most measurable metrics.

Good riddance to thin-skin slaughter. Let him frustrate the hell out of some other fan base like he has at his last three stops.

Based on the games against SLU and Richmond, I’m guessing I’ll see you kids in late March.

I think people are taking the high road. No sense of kicking a dog when he is down.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:47 pm

Eh, he was fine if you wanted 500. He was a douche though and that's fine at 10 wins.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:53 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

I think people are taking the high road. No sense of kicking a dog when he is down.

High road is how you wind up with spas for 5 years and slaughter for 7. Don’t say you want high caliber and then pussy around when the going needs to get tough. What happened to the days of PACK YER BAGS?

Go get a soy latte delivered to your safe place, Hansen
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:55 pm

You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:01 pm

One of my tailgate party was at Pitt and said Jarmond was not giving anything away, but everyone sensed something was up. I was not there, so I don't know if his sense is retroactive or accurate. People tend to re-remember things after an event. Before Notre Dame, Jarmond was clearly not acting like he was ready to make a change. If I had to guess, that debacle was what did it. The older donors were really unhappy with that performance.

Word is circulating with donors that they expect to have a new coach in two weeks.

Addazio was a genuinely decent guy. Like everyone, I guess, I put a premium on character in that position. We're BC, not a four year community college. I feel for Addazio, as he really did care about his job and what it meant to the community. He wanted to be one of us in the worse way. It was time for a change though. We should expect more and demand more.
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:07 pm

CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:

Addazio was a genuinely decent guy. Like everyone, I guess, I put a premium on character in that position. We're BC, not a four year community college. I feel for Addazio, as he really did care about his job and what it meant to the community. He wanted to be one of us in the worse way. It was time for a change though. We should expect more and demand more.

I am not so sure about this based on numerous factors, current players sentiments, Andre Williams Tweet from above and from a friend who is a pro scout. His exact words were "Addazio is an asshole and I just stopped dealing with him" this was in reference to when Addazio was at UF.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:09 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

High road is how you wind up with spas for 5 years and slaughter for 7. Don’t say you want high caliber and then pussy around when the going needs to get tough. What happened to the days of PACK YER BAGS?

Go get a soy latte delivered to your safe place, Hansen

No my point is that he’s already been fired. No sense of talking about how much he sucks as a coach any more. He’s gone, we’re all happy (until we make an inspiring hire), time to move on.

P.s. I’ve never had a latte before

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:13 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:Tastes like victory. :elephant

:chewbanka

Best thing I saw all day.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:13 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:

I am not so sure about this based on numerous factors, current players sentiments, Andre Williams Tweet from above and from a friend who is a pro scout. His exact words were "Addazio is an asshole and I just stopped dealing with him" this was in reference to when Addazio was at UF.

The current players, esp the OL, really liked him. Who cares.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Thornton Melon on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:22 pm

He refused to implement an offense that would have been used after about 1960. Got what he deserved. He had chance after chance to bring in offensive coaching that could have succeeded. It had to be his way and as such I'm glad he's on the street.
Thornton Melon
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:24 pm

Thornton Melon {l Wrote}:He refused to implement an offense that would have been used after about 1960. Got what he deserved. He had chance after chance to bring in offensive coaching that could have succeeded. It had to be his way and as such I'm glad he's on the street.

Funny thing is that the offense wasn’t what did him in this year.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:31 pm

Hey at least we get to see Josh Keyes at BC games going fwd...

https://twitter.com/Josh__Keyes/status/ ... 7186774019
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:34 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Thornton Melon {l Wrote}:He refused to implement an offense that would have been used after about 1960. Got what he deserved. He had chance after chance to bring in offensive coaching that could have succeeded. It had to be his way and as such I'm glad he's on the street.

Funny thing is that the offense wasn’t what did him in this year.

The O was terrible against Wake, KU & ND. He wins one of Wake/KU and not embarrassed vs ND and Daz still has a job. That said, he didn't get fired because of 2019.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:41 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Hey at least we get to see Josh Keyes at BC games going fwd...

First Andre Williams and now this....interesting
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:53 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Hey at least we get to see Josh Keyes at BC games going fwd...

Not to be pedantic but the Keyes tweet came before the Williams one.
Also, Chris Cameron, the former communications guy, is hinting he has a ton of stories about Daz. He so far has only mentioned that he was ordered to hunt down heights editor Michael Sullivan after Sullivan asked a tough question of him during a press conference.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby billyshelby on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:56 pm

Good riddance. Aside from his lame ole ballcoach schtick and archaic, bonehead strategies (thank god we'll stop recruiting 10 TE's a year), the real architect of his 7 win seasons is the cheesepuff OOC schedule that has never wavered since he took over (USC/ND, and that's it). Virtually any coach could have succeeded with the schedules we've been playing and even a moderately better coach would have stumbled into 8 wins with the decline of the ACC
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:59 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:

Small men need to be petty like this.
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:00 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Also, Chris Cameron, the former communications guy, is hinting he has a ton of stories about Daz. He so far has only mentioned that he was ordered to hunt down heights editor Michael Sullivan after Sullivan asked a tough question of him during a press conference.

I try to refrain from the personal attacks but you’re a dick. Clearly I was listing them as they were posted on this thread. And who the fuck cares which tweet came first.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:02 pm

CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:

Small men need to be petty like this.

Addazio, yes, you are correct.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:08 pm

Yea the tweets that are piling up from former players and former BC people is surprising. Keyes, Williams... Momah/Blackmon are more in discussion mode. Chris Cameron has been all over this tonight as well. I'm sure more tweets are coming.

I knew Daz was an unlikeable clown but I'm surprised by all of this.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:08 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

I try to refrain from the personal attacks but you’re a dick. Clearly I was listing them as they were posted on this thread. And who the fuck cares which tweet came first.

My bad, I was just pointing out a fact but I guess in the grand scheme of things, you are correct, it doesn’t matter.

* I respeck you

hansen
Gasson Hall

Re: Addazio fired see

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:09 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

My bad, I was just pointing out a fact but I guess in the grand scheme of things, you are correct, it doesn’t matter.

* I respeck you

I take back my comment!
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:20 pm

CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:One of my tailgate party was at Pitt and said Jarmond was not giving anything away, but everyone sensed something was up. I was not there, so I don't know if his sense is retroactive or accurate. People tend to re-remember things after an event. Before Notre Dame, Jarmond was clearly not acting like he was ready to make a change. If I had to guess, that debacle was what did it. The older donors were really unhappy with that performance.

Word is circulating with donors that they expect to have a new coach in two weeks.

I’m most shocked someone would travel to watch that Pitt game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:20 pm

You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Yea the tweets that are piling up from former players and former BC people is surprising. Keyes, Williams... Momah/Blackmon are more in discussion mode. Chris Cameron has been all over this tonight as well. I'm sure more tweets are coming.

I knew Daz was an unlikeable clown but I'm surprised by all of this.

Someone claimed that Andre's excitement was about Gunnell being named the interim. Not sure if that's true or not. I wouldn't think Andre would have much ill will considering Addazio came in and made him a Heisman finalist and got him some NFL money.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:30 pm

Levy tweeted the same emoji 4hours ago.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:36 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Levy tweeted the same emoji 4hours ago.

Out of all the current players, Levy could benefit the most from a coaching change.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium