Addazio fired

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Addazio fired

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:11 pm

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Re: Addazio fired

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:11 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-boston-college-fires-coach-steve-addazio-after-seven-seasons-210735684.html

I’m actually shocked

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby jboston19 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:12 pm

Deossie says it’s Washington.

This smooths over the Disappointment of the Ravens winning quite nicely.
jboston19
n00b

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:14 pm

Wrong thread
Last edited by hansen on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:14 pm

Hé was fired at 4 pm and left the meeting in tears. While I’m glad he is gone he did give 100% to the program and he leaves with his head held high, 6 bowls in 7 years.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:17 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Hé was fired at 4 pm and left the meeting in tears. While I’m glad he is gone he did give 100% to the program and he leaves with his head held high, 6 bowls in 7 years.

Go Eagles!

I’m really surprised. I didn’t think they would actually pull the trigger.
I’m excited for BC’s future but I do feel bad for Addazio. He meant well and rebuilt the program from the dumpster fire that it was. Best of luck to him in future endeavors.

P.s. MJ is a Stone cold assassin, wow

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Good on Martin and good on the Board. Between the buyout for the Dazzler and the coaching staff and the new investment that will be required, there are always additional resources brought to bear on a transition and these are the same donors who actually have the power to influence the administration's position on a coach.

If it is Washington, I think that's pretty dumb, unless he's bringing in one hell of a support staff. New Jersey and PA are now going to be a lot tougher recruiting ground with Schiano at Rutgers. The talent will need to come from other areas of the country. Frank Wilson, who was just shitcanned at UTSA, would be a great recruiting coordinator. Could bring in some LA talent, that's for sure.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:23 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Hé was fired at 4 pm and left the meeting in tears. While I’m glad he is gone he did give 100% to the program and he leaves with his head held high, 6 bowls in 7 years.

Go Eagles!

I’m the above on Addazio. It was time, but he left it way better than he found it
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:23 pm

jboston19 {l Wrote}:Deossie says it’s Washington.

No way MJ makes this move unless he has his successor lined.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:25 pm

I doubt Jarmond did this/sold this without having his ducks lined up.

Thanks to Daz for lifting the team out of the Spaz depths but this is the right call. I don’t feel bad for Daz given that he’s taken home in excess of $10 million from BC.

On the down side (or up side for Hansen) this probably means TRE and his dic pics are back.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:25 pm

Obviously this needed to be done. I'm shocked BC actually acted like any normal functional institution/athletic department should.

That being said, Daz is a good dude in my book even though he is a below-average coach. It's really a shame he wasn't better because he got the BC thing to a large degree and graduated and molded some great BC men.

Just win.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:26 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:I doubt Jarmond did this/sold this without having his ducks lined up.

Thanks to Daz for lifting the team out of the Spaz depths but this is the right call. I don’t feel bad for Daz given that he’s taken home in excess of $10 million from BC.

On the down side (or up side for Hansen) this probably means TRE and his dic pics are back.

I’m happy enough about the news of Daz gone that I will gladly take that insult

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:26 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

I’m the above on Addazio. It was time, but he left it way better than he found it

You guys are a lot nicer than I am. He made a ton of money and making a bowl these days doesn't take much.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:26 pm

Hello
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:28 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

You guys are a lot nicer than I am. He made a ton of money and making a bowl these days doesn't take much.

He has his shortcomings, but he took over a 2-10 mess and got us back to the middle of the ACC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:29 pm

Rich Gunnell interim HC.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:31 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

He has his shortcomings, but he took over a 2-10 mess and got us back to the middle of the ACC

Not denying that and I was content the first 4 or 5 seasons but it has gotten old really fast.

Curious to see who Jarmond brings on board/

This also should mean TRE is back.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:33 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

Not denying that and I was content the first 4 or 5 seasons but it has gotten old really fast.

Steve DeOssie claims it will be al Washington fwiw.
I would say the guy is full of shit but he broke the firing before anyone else including feldman who first reported it

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Darren6 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:35 pm

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:Good on Martin and good on the Board. Between the buyout for the Dazzler and the coaching staff and the new investment that will be required, there are always additional resources brought to bear on a transition and these are the same donors who actually have the power to influence the administration's position on a coach.

If it is Washington, I think that's pretty dumb, unless he's bringing in one hell of a support staff. New Jersey and PA are now going to be a lot tougher recruiting ground with Schiano at Rutgers. The talent will need to come from other areas of the country. Frank Wilson, who was just shitcanned at UTSA, would be a great recruiting coordinator. Could bring in some LA talent, that's for sure.

Frank Wilson is an excellent assistant coach and great recruiter, and yes he has serious ties to LA, especially in New Orleans!
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:35 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

I would say the guy is full of shit but he broke the firing before anyone else including feldman who first reported it

Didn't Washington leave because he didn't get along with Addazio? Anyone know the backstory?
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:36 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

Many people within Yawkey could have tipped him on the meeting. I doubt any of the very few people that would know its going to be AW would have told DeOssie.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:41 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

Many people within Yawkey could have tipped him on the meeting. I doubt any of the very few people that would know its going to be AW would have told DeOssie.

can't believe Blauds didn't have the scoop
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby durkcal on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:55 pm

Daz will make an amazing : 1) OL coach at any major FBS program, or 2) FCS head coach. His approach would win a ton of games at a Rhode Island, Fordham or Stony Brook, to name a few.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:05 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

Third. Upgraded talent just couldn't land a QB and couldn't coach.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:07 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:Daz will make an amazing : 1) OL coach at any major FBS program, or 2) FCS head coach. His approach would win a ton of games at a Rhode Island, Fordham or Stony Brook, to name a few.

Yup, Daz did a lot of things very well.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:14 pm

Really, he might've been great for a few years following Jags with the talent there. isn't that when GDF wanted to hire him but Daz couldn't fly to Boston b/c of surgery?
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:21 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

Didn't Washington leave because he didn't get along with Addazio? Anyone know the backstory?

Said it was to be closer to home. Many of us thought that was just cover for not getting along with Addazio but being classy about it as the coaching world is a small world.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:42 pm

Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

Said it was to be closer to home. Many of us thought that was just cover for not getting along with Addazio but being classy about it as the coaching world is a small world.

Pretty sure Daz told him to find a new job and then called in a favor from Fickell.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:35 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:52 pm

As long as we don’t hire Turnkey
BC923
Merkert Hall