Official Gameday Thread - BC at Notre Dame - 11/23/2019

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - BC at Notre Dame - 11/23/2019

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:21 pm

I don’t see Daz getting fired for one losing season. They will wait until he goes 3-9 next year to get rid of him. He got a two year extension last year. I believe they agreed to give him a couple of years with the Fish Field House. Add in his QB went down and they lost most of their defense, yet they still won 5 and maybe 6 games.

If they do fire him it better be before the early signing period. Will they pay 4 million per year to get a D1 HC? Very doubtful especially given Jarmond’s low expectations for this program. I just don’t see BC stepping up because it would be a complete 180 from the way this program has always been run.

If they fire Daz it will be no later than a week from Monday.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:29 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I don’t see Daz getting fired for one losing season. They will wait until he goes 3-9 next year to get rid of him. He got a two year extension last year. I believe they agreed to give him a couple of years with the Fish Field House. Add in his QB went down and they lost most of their defense, yet they still won 5 and maybe 6 games.

If they do fire him it better be before the early signing period. Will they pay 4 million per year to get a D1 HC? Very doubtful especially given Jarmond’s low expectations for this program. I just don’t see BC stepping up because it would be a complete 180 from the way this program has always been run.

If they fire Daz it will be no later than a week from Monday.

Go Eagles!

you may be right. We'll see.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Eagle1999 on Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:44 pm

If Daz doesn’t make a bowl he is gone. Jarmond is well respected in the AD community as an up and comer. He knows football drives the bus in athletics. He knows his reputation is now linked to the football position at BC. If accepts mediocrity here it will limit his opportunities to move up. Winning 6 games is not hard. Neither is 7 (Daz did it for 5 years and he is a functional moron). So winning 5 is not acceptable. Even at BC. Not making a bowl game is not acceptable. Even at BC.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:15 pm

Jarmond has publicly stated his expectations are consistently ranked with a “pop” season every few years (i.e. this year with anyone else).

Aside from winning, this was the second best outcome for today. The whale pants will not abide a blowout like this. University advancement has already told Fr. Leahy and the Board that they cannot sustain the hit they’ve taken because of poor athletic performance.

Lastly, Jarmond will make a move if for no other reason than for himself. This is his audition for a major job. He knows this and knows his future prospects hinges on his management of the football and basketball teams.

I think we’re done. I think this was the final nail in the coffin. The timing of this game couldn’t have been better too because the whalepants will now have to endure the holidays with digs from their ND grad relatives for the next month and a half. Don’t forget ND was a worse off program ten years ago. Now they’re consistently ranked with a pop season every now and then.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:45 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Jarmond has publicly stated his expectations are consistently ranked with a “pop” season every few years (i.e. this year with anyone else).

Aside from winning, this was the second best outcome for today. The whale pants will not abide a blowout like this. University advancement has already told Fr. Leahy and the Board that they cannot sustain the hit they’ve taken because of poor athletic performance.

Lastly, Jarmond will make a move if for no other reason than for himself. This is his audition for a major job. He knows this and knows his future prospects hinges on his management of the football and basketball teams.

I think we’re done. I think this was the final nail in the coffin. The timing of this game couldn’t have been better too because the whalepants will now have to endure the holidays with digs from their ND grad relatives for the next month and a half. Don’t forget ND was a worse off program ten years ago. Now they’re consistently ranked with a pop season every now and then.

and, you may be right. We'll see.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:56 pm

The offensive game plan and play calling was as chicken shit as could possibly be.

Fuck addazio and GTFOMA.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:05 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Fuck addazio and GTFOMA.

"I felt great about it at halftime but we just had a poor third quarter," said B.C. coach Steve Addazio, who was an assistant under former Irish coach Bob Davie. "I think it was an execution letdown. We did not execute in the third quarter."

Then again he also thought that it was a one score game at that point. :81
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:09 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Fuck addazio and GTFOMA.

"I felt great about it at halftime but we just had a poor third quarter," said B.C. coach Steve Addazio, who was an assistant under former Irish coach Bob Davie. "I think it was an execution letdown. We did not execute in the third quarter."

Then again he also thought that it was a one score game at that point. :81

This coaching staff should be executed for some of these game plans
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:18 pm

I swear these fuckers who work in the athletics department intentionally post the postgame quotes/videos much later on days that we lose. It’s infuriating.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:42 pm

:74
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:58 pm

That was a completely terrible ND team they lost to. Wow that was bad. Worse than Kansas.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:22 am

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Thornton Melon on Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:47 am

I had to stop watching that because I was just getting pissed. The guy will say anything to spin responsibility away from himself.
Thornton Melon
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:20 am

Thornton Melon {l Wrote}:I had to stop watching that because I was just getting pissed. The guy will say anything to spin responsibility away from himself.

THIRD QUARTER

I honestly just laughed at the whole thing. how someone can be so delusional is entertaining. the only thing I agree with in the whole thing is that the defense has improved. however, what he is failing to point out is that it's still nowhere near good enough. definitely not good enough for an offense that goes missing against decent teams.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:05 am

yesterday played out as ideal as possible for a daz change. the whalepants are still bizarrely obsessed with nd, getting the score run up by a boston boy (that was some :puke story nbc plugged) right in front of the holidays.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:27 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:yesterday played out as ideal as possible for a daz change. the whalepants are still bizarrely obsessed with nd, getting the score run up by a boston boy (that was some :puke story nbc plugged) right in front of the holidays.

Jarmond should be decisive and pull the trigger today. Otherwise, you know we are gonna beat PITT and more Daz that we are going to have to suffer through. And seven more years of seven win mediocrity for everyone!

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:38 am

Thornton Melon {l Wrote}:I had to stop watching that because I was just getting pissed. The guy will say anything to spin responsibility away from himself.

His time here is coming to an end. He’s not going to go willingly. So long as he has a mic, he’s going to spin for himself.

The 3rd Q execution comments were a shot at Grosel (as was what happened at the end o he 2nd half). He’s setting it up to use not having AB as an excuse. The problem is that he had AB in losses against Kansas, Wake and Ville. Not to mention that he has been unable to recruit/develop anything at the QB during his entire time here. Grosel starting is just a symptom of the problem.

The other thing he is doing is setting Pitt up to be his Super Bowl. Win and that presser will be full of bowl rants... about how BC never went to bowls before he got here and we since have been to 6 of 7. He loses... that presser will be an epic meltdown where he blames every shortcoming on the shitty hands BC deals.

He knows that whatever happens next week doesn’t matter. So, every word spoken from here on out is going to be about preserving his reputation.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:48 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:yesterday played out as ideal as possible for a daz change. the whalepants are still bizarrely obsessed with nd, getting the score run up by a boston boy (that was some :puke story nbc plugged) right in front of the holidays.

Not that any of them saw it but Kelly did an interview for ESPN for the college football 150 (these little vignettes they’re doing. Matt Ryan did one). He said something like growing up Irish in Boston Notre Dame was everything. Wanted to put him in a cherry picker on a windy day.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:52 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

Not that any of them saw it but Kelly did an interview for ESPN for the college football 150 (these little vignettes they’re doing. Matt Ryan did one). He said something like growing up Irish in Boston Notre Dame was everything. Wanted to put him in a cherry picker on a windy day.

It’s not his fault that is true. Shit... Starter built an entire business model around this fact.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:17 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium