2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:25 pm

Jesus other than Fuller, Smith and the Colts guard, ND NFL talent is weak. Tuitt, the corpse of Rudolph and Eifert.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:25 pm

De shone Kizer
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:44 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Their athletic department makes so much money they can include actual gold in their helmet paint.

This was something actually posted.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:06 am

Ryan Grant.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:26 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Their athletic department makes so much money they can include actual gold in their helmet paint.

Meaning what?

https://www.businessinsider.com/notre-d ... ly-2011-10
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:52 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Meaning what?

Meaning you saw the movie “Rudy”.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Texas isn't a top 20 job.

Neither is Florida or Florida State.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:02 pm

Marty not getting the USC job (and not being much of a candidate) highlights what we all knew... Jarmond needs to make a successful hire to graduate from BC. Will be interesting to see who he goes with. There isn’t an obvious choice his time around, like Whipple or Diaco.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:08 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Marty not getting the USC job (and not being much of a candidate) highlights what we all knew... Jarmond needs to make a successful hire to graduate from BC. Will be interesting to see who he goes with. There isn’t an obvious choice his time around, like Whipple or Diaco.

You guys are just setting yourself up for disappointment.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:56 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Meaning what?

Meaning you're an ND dick sucking starter jacket wearing dipshit
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Meaning what?

Meaning you're an ND dick sucking starter jacket wearing dipshit

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby lawrat on Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:25 pm

Marc Colombo??
lawrat
n00b

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:34 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Marty not getting the USC job (and not being much of a candidate) highlights what we all knew... Jarmond needs to make a successful hire to graduate from BC. Will be interesting to see who he goes with. There isn’t an obvious choice his time around, like Whipple or Diaco.

In one of the other threads, you've been professing your love for Schiano (again), but you seem to forget that a Catholic University is going to be oversensitive with anything that reminds people of their dark history with regard to pedophilia/molestation. Schiano may or may not have known Sandusky was molesting boys in the shower, but all that matters is that his name comes up in Google searches of those events. BC wouldn't touch him.

and Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:54 pm

Maybe Fr. Leahy can relate to Schiano being tainted for something he didn't do and wasn't aware of. I don't think Schiano will be getting the job. But, I think he would have done well here. I question what his deal is after turning down the Pats DC situation. He may have lost his fire at this point. I don't know.

That said, it will be real interesting to see what Marty does for the hire. He is well aware that his career is tied to this search. Unlike Bates, who just wanted to keep the job and listened to the Donor Class (whose prime motivation is no scandal and White Mountain Creamery), I get the feeling that Marty is about Marty. I think he wants this hire to be someone that he can point to on an interview as his ability to make a smart hire. Accordingly, I think he will look at known names (so retreads and top assistants). I think he will also look carefully at minorities (as he can talk about hiring the first minority football coach at BC). I think he will have some leeway as there is no real lay-up hire out there.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:06 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Maybe Fr. Leahy can relate to Schiano being tainted for something he didn't do and wasn't aware of. I don't think Schiano will be getting the job. But, I think he would have done well here. I question what his deal is after turning down the Pats DC situation. He may have lost his fire at this point. I don't know.

That said, it will be real interesting to see what Marty does for the hire. He is well aware that his career is tied to this search. Unlike Bates, who just wanted to keep the job and listened to the Donor Class (whose prime motivation is no scandal and White Mountain Creamery), I get the feeling that Marty is about Marty. I think he wants this hire to be someone that he can point to on an interview as his ability to make a smart hire. Accordingly, I think he will look at known names (so retreads and top assistants). I think he will also look carefully at minorities (as he can talk about hiring the first minority football coach at BC). I think he will have some leeway as there is no real lay-up hire out there.

I agree that Marty will probably have more influence in this process than Bates did. Of course football is much more important, but it also makes sense to take a look at the hires he’s made in other sports. It seems like he’s looked towards ACC country more than the traditional NJ, OH, NY areas, at least with Soccer and Basketball. I wonder if he breaks the mold and looks in a different direction than where we are all thinking.

Going with the old “hire the opposite of who you fired” young defensive mind would be the answer. Which does bring to mind the obvious Hafley.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:11 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:Going with the old “hire the opposite of who you fired” young defensive mind would be the answer. Which does bring to mind the obvious Hafley.

Hafley, Venables, Aranda, Elko all fit that mold.

Given this is the off-week, I was thinking of putting up a series of polls to let the EO Coaching staff pick the next coach.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:15 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:Going with the old “hire the opposite of who you fired” young defensive mind would be the answer. Which does bring to mind the obvious Hafley.

Given this is the off-week, I was thinking of putting up a series of polls to let the EO Coaching staff pick the next coach.

Yeah plenty to go after in that mold, but part of me thinks Marty will want to bring high flying offense here.

As always, the hard part with knowing what BC will so is that only 1 or 2 people’s opinion matter and we have no idea what they’re thinking because it’s either down to a reclusive president or an AD who won’t talk until the end.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:50 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

careful, 7 years ago the board coalesced around diaco
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:20 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

careful, 7 years ago the board coalesced around diaco

The board came together... and it was beautiful.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:23 pm

I’d rather have Clark Lea than Mike Elko. As I do not think we will end up hiring anyone inspiring, if Leahy even bothers to get rid of the Dazzler, I want Lane Kiffin. While his tenure as SC was obviously a train wreck, he did well at Tennessee and has done well at FAMU. More importantly, his Twitter game is strong to very strong and I could see him posting here if he got the job, which should count for something.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:22 pm

Added Kiffin and Lea (based on Dick's suggestion) which I think reset the polls (though only like 3 people had voted).
Expanded most the categories based on Hansen's request. Originally, I thought it a bit like rewarding Participation Ribbons. But, it makes sense with so many names to give folks an extra vote to see if a concentration of interest develops or the next level.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:29 pm

More options than less at the winnowing stage is probably better because there really isn’t a front runner this time around.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:37 pm

Hockeyrection posted another fire Daz article and a bunch of ESPN guys on Twitter are saying how dumb it would be to fire him. He must be really feeling the heat
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:46 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I’d rather have Clark Lea than Mike Elko. As I do not think we will end up hiring anyone inspiring, if Leahy even bothers to get rid of the Dazzler, I want Lane Kiffin. While his tenure as SC was obviously a train wreck, he did well at Tennessee and has done well at FAMU. More importantly, his Twitter game is strong to very strong and I could see him posting here if he got the job, which should count for something.

Not that my vote counts but seconded. Wife brings the high heat too.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:50 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I’d rather have Clark Lea than Mike Elko. As I do not think we will end up hiring anyone inspiring, if Leahy even bothers to get rid of the Dazzler, I want Lane Kiffin. While his tenure as SC was obviously a train wreck, he did well at Tennessee and has done well at FAMU. More importantly, his Twitter game is strong to very strong and I could see him posting here if he got the job, which should count for something.

Why Lea to Elko? I think BC would be culture shock for Lea, where Elko would understand how to win at BC and where and who to recruit.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:00 pm

I'm pretty sure we had Jimmy Mac posting in the basketball board and the usual dopes decided it was "funnier" to run him off with juvenile jokes than to enjoy inside access to the program

This place is awful
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:29 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

I'm pretty sure we had Jimmy Mac posting in the basketball board and the usual dopes decided it was "funnier" to run him off with juvenile jokes than to enjoy inside access to the program

This place is awful

If that dipshit was posting in the Forum and couldn't take the heat, he should pretty much take up knitting and quit coaching. I knew this alias was soft, but not this soft.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:39 pm

Clark Lea? Are you fucking kidding? ND sucks on D. They have gotten destroyed by any decent opponent they played. Michigan hung 45 on that defense. USC put up a bunch of 2nd half points on ND. Give me Don Brown any day over Bob Diaco part 2!

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

He divorced his wife in 2016... shortly after rumors were spreading that he was banging Kristen Saban (Nick’s then college aged daughter).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:56 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

He divorced his wife in 2016... shortly after rumors were spreading that he was banging Kristen Saban (Nick’s then college aged daughter).

Then we definitely have to hire him and offer him a big bonus if he can manage to fuck Dabo’s wife at Media Day.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium