Week 11 Other Games thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Week 11 Other Games thread

Postby bcshater on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:31 pm

As with everyone else looking forward to LSU vs. Alabama. Bama QB Tua Tagovailoa is listed as a game time decision, to me this means he will play.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Re: Week 11 Other Games thread

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:05 am

I think Tua won’t play and Bama will lose and will use his absence as reason to still make the playoffs.

As for the other big game, I’d love to see Fleck win.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:17 am

Minnesota's biggest game in decades and they get shafted with an 11:00 kickoff. Go Gophers!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Darren6 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:48 pm

Been looking forward to this one for weeks. We FINALLY have a QB that I think can beat Bama. Usually LSU has the skill players at WR and RB, and Bama bogs down the running game and we have no QB to get the ball to the talented wideouts...but this year is different. Tua is playing, I have no doubt about that. It's funny to see all of the Bama fans in and around New Orleans over the past ten years...it's not actually funny, it kind of makes me want to vomit. Geaux Tigers, I'll take a one point win but I'm hoping that Joe Burrow and Coach O stomp a hole in their A%$.
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:22 pm

This is what I hate about the older alums. First, Bosa sends his kids to Ohio St. now Tom Waddle sent his kid to Bama.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:12 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:This is what I hate about the older alums. First, Bosa sends his kids to Ohio St. now Tom Waddle sent his kid to Bama.

You expect these guys to send their kids to Daz, after the football alums said not to hire him?
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:59 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:This is what I hate about the older alums. First, Bosa sends his kids to Ohio St. now Tom Waddle sent his kid to Bama.

You expect these guys to send their kids to Daz, after the football alums said not to hire him?

Jesus. Lol.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:27 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Jesus. Lol.

That game really lived up to its billing. I have watched LSU 3 times this year and each time I think of the Dazzler stuck in the stone-age of college football. He must have been yelling at the TV during LSU's last TD drive: "up the gut! Get the D on the field to win the game!!!!"
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:14 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Jesus. Lol.

That game really lived up to its billing. I have watched LSU 3 times this year and each time I think of the Dazzler stuck in the stone-age of college football. He must have been yelling at the TV during LSU's last TD drive: "up the gut! Get the D on the field to win the game!!!!"

Ed Orgeron woke up this morning as the happiest man in college football. P J Fleck woke up as the second happiest man in college football.

Coach Lincoln Rlley saw the Penn State-Minnesota score, and was devastated.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Darren6 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:58 pm

I’ve said it before, watching BC with Daz is just like I watched Miles at LSU. They are old school stubborn coaches who think they win by antiquated schemes. Miles was told by the big dogs at LSU he needed to change his offense, he agreed and then didn’t change and ran the same “toss dive” BS play after play vs Wisconsin in season opener and took the loss, and that started him being fired. LSU has always had excellent skill players at RB and WR, but never ran a scheme to showcase them. Coach O realized that he couldn’t beat Bama by lining up in I formation and pounding the ball, so he brought in the transfer Burrow and went out and got the Saints’ Joe Brady to run his passing game.
It might not be possible, but BC needs to get a coach who loves the university and state as much as Coach O loves LSU and Louisiana!
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Darren6 {l Wrote}:I’ve said it before, watching BC with Daz is just like I watched Miles at LSU. They are old school stubborn coaches who think they win by antiquated schemes. Miles was told by the big dogs at LSU he needed to change his offense, he agreed and then didn’t change and ran the same “toss dive” BS play after play vs Wisconsin in season opener and took the loss, and that started him being fired. LSU has always had excellent skill players at RB and WR, but never ran a scheme to showcase them. Coach O realized that he couldn’t beat Bama by lining up in I formation and pounding the ball, so he brought in the transfer Burrow and went out and got the Saints’ Joe Brady to run his passing game.

College football head coaches are (typically) both very prideful and stubborn. They don't generally want to change their offensive or defensive schemes to accommodate the strengths/abilities of their players while (at the same time) minimizing their minuses and their possible deficiencies. They just want to stick whatever they have into what they KNOW come hell or highwater. In the 1990s, you knew the coaches who were going to run the "run-and-shoot" offense even if they didn't have a QB or receivers to adapt to that kind of offense.

I am glad Coach O is smart and proved (last night) that he is not stubborn/prideful. After the shit he went though at both USC and Ole Miss, I am very happy for him. I am glad Alabama lost. And I am happy for the people of Louisiana.

Darren6 {l Wrote}:It might not be possible, but BC needs to get a coach who loves the university and state as much as Coach O loves LSU and Louisiana!

That doesn't exist. The kind of people (one or two people really) who love BC and Massachusetts as much as Coach O loves LSU and Louisiana, those people have zero experience coaching football at any level. So no, its probably not possible. The best football coaches BC ever had, spent their career here eagerly waiting (and interviewing) for something better.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Addazio's offense is not his problem. He made a terrible DC hire and that is costing him. His problem with clock and game management is he either doesn't understand or loses his cool during the game and wastes opportunities. Pasqualoni was old school too but at least he had Addazio's ear during the games.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:33 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Addazio's offense is not his problem. He made a terrible DC hire and that is costing him. His problem with clock and game management is he either doesn't understand or loses his cool during the game and wastes opportunities. Pasqualoni was old school too but at least he had Addazio's ear during the games.

There is nothing wrong with the offense. We are scoring enough to win every non-Clemson game. The style is boring, but if we were 9-1 right now no one would care.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:51 pm

correct, it's actually a smart idea offensively that leverages bc's advantages (though having a qb who got a sniff at a p5 program in year 7 would be nice)

the defense is more backwards than the offense
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:07 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:correct, it's actually a smart idea offensively that leverages bc's advantages (though having a qb who got a sniff at a p5 program in year 7 would be nice)

the defense is more backwards than the offense

agree.

you can win with a running based attack see Alabama.
our problem is a consistent kicker that throws away points and a terrible defense that gives us too much points. also, think a QB is important for those games where you need to make throws (opponent stacking the box or an opponent with a good enough front 7 to stop the run without losing it). Grosel has been more than adequate so he's the least of our worries at the moment.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Los on Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:40 pm

The best thing you can say about Grosel is that he's not making many mistakes. 8 TDs to only 2 INTs. That's not bad. Gotta get his completion percentage up though. 50% won't cut it.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium