Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby Los on Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:00 am

Thought it was a pretty entertaining brand of basketball. BC still likes to chuck it, but they actually play with energy on defense now, which is refreshing.

The one thing that still bothers me is the perimeter defense. At the end of that game you knew Wake was going to take quick 3's to get back into it and BC was just happy to sit back and give them uncontested.
- Los
User avatar
Los
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 am
Location: Here
Karma: 51

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby BC923 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:04 am

Los wrote:Thought it was a pretty entertaining brand of basketball. BC still likes to chuck it, but they actually play with energy on defense now, which is refreshing.

The one thing that still bothers me is the perimeter defense. At the end of that game you knew Wake was going to take quick 3's to get back into it and BC was just happy to sit back and give them uncontested.

Holding out to see if the letting three pointers go sticks around against other teams. I think most teams playing awake will let them shoot. I think they were last in the ACC in three point percentage last year.
BC923
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3054
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm
Karma: 415

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:07 am

BC923 wrote:
Los wrote:Thought it was a pretty entertaining brand of basketball. BC still likes to chuck it, but they actually play with energy on defense now, which is refreshing.

The one thing that still bothers me is the perimeter defense. At the end of that game you knew Wake was going to take quick 3's to get back into it and BC was just happy to sit back and give them uncontested.

Holding out to see if the letting three pointers go sticks around against other teams. I think most teams playing awake will let them shoot. I think they were last in the ACC in three point percentage last year.


Agreed. Let them shoot.

One time in three, Wake will hit it. Two times in three, BC gets an easy rebound, immediately hand off to the best shooting guard and get fouled. BC just needs to get better at the charity stripe. 63% is just not going to do it.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16494
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -472

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:18 pm

It wont hurt the program to have Marcus Camby as a superfan.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30769
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2423

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:20 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
BC923 wrote:
Los wrote:Thought it was a pretty entertaining brand of basketball. BC still likes to chuck it, but they actually play with energy on defense now, which is refreshing.

The one thing that still bothers me is the perimeter defense. At the end of that game you knew Wake was going to take quick 3's to get back into it and BC was just happy to sit back and give them uncontested.

Holding out to see if the letting three pointers go sticks around against other teams. I think most teams playing awake will let them shoot. I think they were last in the ACC in three point percentage last year.


Agreed. Let them shoot.

One time in three, Wake will hit it. Two times in three, BC gets an easy rebound, immediately hand off to the best shooting guard and get fouled. BC just needs to get better at the charity stripe. 63% is just not going to do it.


One time in three from three is one time in two from two, Costco.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30769
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2423

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:58 pm

twballgame9 wrote:It wont hurt the program to have Marcus Camby as a superfan.

Explain it to 2001eagle: how did this come about?

Camby was the best high school basketball player I ever saw.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 518

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:45 pm

2001Eagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:It wont hurt the program to have Marcus Camby as a superfan.

Explain it to 2001eagle: how did this come about?

Camby was the best high school basketball player I ever saw.


According to a comment under one of AJ Black's tweets, Kamari is his nephew. I have no idea if that's true.

https://twitter.com/AJBlack_SI/status/1 ... 9104458756
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3993
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 136

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:09 pm

As the people that actually watched the game can confirm, it is true. He is related to Walt. This occurred during the 10 minutes Camby was on the broadcast in a BC shirt and sweatshit while Malcolm Huckaby waxed prolific about Walt schooling him in the NBA, and Camby and Huckaby bonded as the only two good CT hoop players not named Vin Baker.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30769
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2423

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:11 pm

twballgame9 wrote:As the people that actually watched the game can confirm, it is true. He is related to Walt. This occurred during the 10 minutes Camby was on the broadcast in a BC shirt and sweatshit while Malcolm Huckaby waxed prolific about Walt schooling him in the NBA, and Camby and Huckaby bonded as the only two good CT hoop players not hamed Vin Baker.


This was also the same period of time that the NBA alumni team got 8+ minutes of run and squandered half the lead.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30769
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2423

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:16 pm

twballgame9 wrote:As the people that actually watched the game can confirm, it is true. He is related to Walt. This occurred during the 10 minutes Camby was on the broadcast in a BC shirt and sweatshit while Malcolm Huckaby waxed prolific about Walt schooling him in the NBA, and Camby and Huckaby bonded as the only two good CT hoop players not named Vin Baker.


I was at the game watching in person, not on my couch.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3993
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 136

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:17 pm

MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:As the people that actually watched the game can confirm, it is true. He is related to Walt. This occurred during the 10 minutes Camby was on the broadcast in a BC shirt and sweatshit while Malcolm Huckaby waxed prolific about Walt schooling him in the NBA, and Camby and Huckaby bonded as the only two good CT hoop players not named Vin Baker.


I was at the game watching in person, not on my couch.


That's too bad. You missed a good game.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30769
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2423

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:20 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:As the people that actually watched the game can confirm, it is true. He is related to Walt. This occurred during the 10 minutes Camby was on the broadcast in a BC shirt and sweatshit while Malcolm Huckaby waxed prolific about Walt schooling him in the NBA, and Camby and Huckaby bonded as the only two good CT hoop players not named Vin Baker.


I was at the game watching in person, not on my couch.


That's too bad. You missed a good game.


You missed Darryl Strawberry
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3993
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 136

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:21 pm

MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:As the people that actually watched the game can confirm, it is true. He is related to Walt. This occurred during the 10 minutes Camby was on the broadcast in a BC shirt and sweatshit while Malcolm Huckaby waxed prolific about Walt schooling him in the NBA, and Camby and Huckaby bonded as the only two good CT hoop players not named Vin Baker.


I was at the game watching in person, not on my couch.


That's too bad. You missed a good game.


You missed Darryl Strawberry


You missed the joke, but kudos, I hear he has good blow.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30769
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2423

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:23 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:As the people that actually watched the game can confirm, it is true. He is related to Walt. This occurred during the 10 minutes Camby was on the broadcast in a BC shirt and sweatshit while Malcolm Huckaby waxed prolific about Walt schooling him in the NBA, and Camby and Huckaby bonded as the only two good CT hoop players not named Vin Baker.


I was at the game watching in person, not on my couch.


That's too bad. You missed a good game.


You missed Darryl Strawberry


You missed the joke, but kudos, I hear he has good blow.


You just reused a 30-year-old joke.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3993
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 136

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:40 pm

Btw: why the fuck didn’t we hire mike Hopkins when we had the chance?
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 518

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:45 pm

MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:As the people that actually watched the game can confirm, it is true. He is related to Walt. This occurred during the 10 minutes Camby was on the broadcast in a BC shirt and sweatshit while Malcolm Huckaby waxed prolific about Walt schooling him in the NBA, and Camby and Huckaby bonded as the only two good CT hoop players not named Vin Baker.


I was at the game watching in person, not on my couch.


That's too bad. You missed a good game.


You missed Darryl Strawberry


You missed the joke, but kudos, I hear he has good blow.


You just reused a 30-year-old joke.


Still missed it. The Conte Ghost is not 30 years old. No idea what the fuck your joke is.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30769
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2423

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:50 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:As the people that actually watched the game can confirm, it is true. He is related to Walt. This occurred during the 10 minutes Camby was on the broadcast in a BC shirt and sweatshit while Malcolm Huckaby waxed prolific about Walt schooling him in the NBA, and Camby and Huckaby bonded as the only two good CT hoop players not named Vin Baker.


I was at the game watching in person, not on my couch.


That's too bad. You missed a good game.


You missed Darryl Strawberry


You missed the joke, but kudos, I hear he has good blow.


You just reused a 30-year-old joke.


Still missed it. The Conte Ghost is not 30 years old. No idea what the fuck your joke is.


I have no idea what you are talking about. Your reference to Strawberry and blow is dated.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3993
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 136

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:03 pm

MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:As the people that actually watched the game can confirm, it is true. He is related to Walt. This occurred during the 10 minutes Camby was on the broadcast in a BC shirt and sweatshit while Malcolm Huckaby waxed prolific about Walt schooling him in the NBA, and Camby and Huckaby bonded as the only two good CT hoop players not named Vin Baker.


I was at the game watching in person, not on my couch.


That's too bad. You missed a good game.


You missed Darryl Strawberry


You missed the joke, but kudos, I hear he has good blow.


You just reused a 30-year-old joke.


Still missed it. The Conte Ghost is not 30 years old. No idea what the fuck your joke is.


I have no idea what you are talking about. Your reference to Strawberry and blow is dated.


Your missing the Conte Ghost joke is timely, however.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30769
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2423

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:05 pm

PS just shut the fuck up. You'll be less stupid.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30769
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2423

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:05 pm

twballgame9 wrote:PS just shut the fuck up. You'll be less stupid.


This is boring
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3993
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 136

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:53 pm

MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:PS just shut the fuck up. You'll be less stupid.


This is boring


ME, Teddy always picks fights with everyone. He does it for his own amusement. Just put the troll on foe.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16494
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -472

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:50 am

MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:PS just shut the fuck up. You'll be less stupid.


This is boring


Agreed. Do better
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30769
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2423

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:58 am

2001Eagle wrote:Btw: why the fuck didn’t we hire mike Hopkins when we had the chance?



Because our AD listened to the wrong people and went with a MAC guy he liked.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 567

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby sparky on Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:01 pm

ATLeagle wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:Btw: why the fuck didn’t we hire mike Hopkins when we had the chance?



Because our AD listened to the wrong people and went with a MAC guy he liked.


I thought Hopkins said thanks but no thanks because he thought he was Boeheim's heir apparent at the time
sparky
n00b
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:13 am
Karma: 22

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:26 pm

sparky wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:Btw: why the fuck didn’t we hire mike Hopkins when we had the chance?



Because our AD listened to the wrong people and went with a MAC guy he liked.


I thought Hopkins said thanks but no thanks because he thought he was Boeheim's heir apparent at the time

No... wanted the BC job badly. When it was clear he wasn't getting it, Cuse gave him the coach-in-waiting title. He then took the UDub job when offered.
7-wins... and lovin’ it
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14103
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 229

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:51 pm

HJS wrote:
sparky wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:Btw: why the fuck didn’t we hire mike Hopkins when we had the chance?



Because our AD listened to the wrong people and went with a MAC guy he liked.


I thought Hopkins said thanks but no thanks because he thought he was Boeheim's heir apparent at the time

No... wanted the BC job badly. When it was clear he wasn't getting it, Cuse gave him the coach-in-waiting title. He then took the UDub job when offered.



Killer mistake. We would have been in tournament multiple times with Hopkins by now I suspect.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 518

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:19 pm

Hopkins turned down BC because he thought he was about to be Cuse's head coach. Cuse gave him the official coach in waiting title a year LATER when Boeheim recruited his own kid. There had been a belief Boeheim was about to step down and Hopkins would succeed, but Boeheim said he wanted to coach his son and that added 5 years to the clock. The coach in waiting tag was to try to convince Hopkins to stay. It failed as Hopkins was unwilling to wait Boeheim out, and Washington snatched him up. Would Hopkins have gone to BC if our opening was the year he moved? No one knows
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -415

Previous

Return to Conte Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Untitled document