A Transcendant, Generational Talent

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

A Transcendant, Generational Talent

Postby BostonCollege1 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:09 pm

In the wake of one of their biggest blowout losses, they come up with this shit? Rubin wrote it, but Meat Baum must be involved; can't spell transcendent correctly.

https://bceagles.com/news/2019/10/31/eagles-unlimited-appreciation-for-a-transcendant-generational-talent.aspx
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Re: A Transcendant, Generational Talent

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:04 pm

Dillon is good but there is way too much knob slobbing here. I don’t think it’s deserved.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:09 pm

AJ is a great player, although I don’t think Daz’s “gain 20 pounds” S&C program did him any favors. His freshman year was electric, mostly because he was lighter and quicker.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:33 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:AJ is a great player, although I don’t think Daz’s “gain 20 pounds” S&C program did him any favors. His freshman year was electric, mostly because he was lighter and quicker.

I agree that he's too heavy, but that does fit Daz' system. Hansen may also be correct that it's over the top praise, but it's hard to know without a QB to keep defenses honest.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:56 am

rubin is absolutely embarrassing

not exactly unexpected from state run media but jfc they just set the record for most yards allowed in a game (breaking the previous feat from earlier this year)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:16 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:rubin is absolutely embarrassing

not exactly unexpected from state run media but jfc they just set the record for most yards allowed in a game (breaking the previous feat from earlier this year)

I have a feeling that record will be broken again before the season is over.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:22 am

I know everyone here wants to hate on anything involving BC football (much like the Dems to Trump). But, like the lesser political party, such hysterics foster to absurd statements. Complaints about an article highlighting Dillon making it the top of a impressive list is like Schiff/Pelosi/AOC complaints that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was not given Miranda warnings before exploding.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:56 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I know everyone here wants to hate on anything involving BC football (much like the Dems to Trump). But, like the lesser political party, such hysterics foster to absurd statements. Complaints about an article highlighting Dillon making it the top of a impressive list is like Schiff/Pelosi/AOC complaints that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was not given Miranda warnings before exploding.

Yeah I really don’t see the issue with this article. Of course state media is going to focus on the highlights. Giving Dillon his due is deserved
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:33 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I know everyone here wants to hate on anything involving BC football (much like the Dems to Trump). But, like the lesser political party, such hysterics foster to absurd statements. Complaints about an article highlighting Dillon making it the top of a impressive list is like Schiff/Pelosi/AOC complaints that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was not given Miranda warnings before exploding.

i guess my issue is more with the state run media and honestly the non state run that might as well be with their questions. daz wasn't asked a single question about the defense on monday, this has to be the lowest pressured job in p5

dillon is probably best non OL offensive player outside of ryan i can remember at bc. unfortunately, his accomplishment just coincided just on a week where we were howard
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:06 am

AJ just got the ball and sprinted forward recklessly every carry his freshman year because he had to compete for carries as the backup

Then he won the job and allowed himself to believe the next step in his development was to become "a complete RB" which meant being patient, dancing around behind the line, and so on

On net, this has made him less effective than he used to be

Now Bailey sometimes looks better than AJ because Bailey is the backup who has to earn carries and therefore just takes the ball and runs hard
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:12 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

i guess my issue is more with the state run media and honestly the non state run that might as well be with their questions. daz wasn't asked a single question about the defense on monday, this has to be the lowest pressured job in p5

I truly do not understand why anyone cares what the media does or doesn't do any more. The institution devolved into irrelevance over a decade ago. If someone in the media was to call out Daz, it would (a) be done incompetently, (b) engender support for the coach from the administration and (c) otherwise go unnoticed. While I guess I can understand the cathartic release that comes with validation from fellow sympathizers, I am surprised that folks still cling to the fiction that media pressure drives decisions.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:16 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I truly do not understand why anyone cares what the media does or doesn't do any more. The institution devolved into irrelevance over a decade ago. If someone in the media was to call out Daz, it would (a) be done incompetently, (b) engender support for the coach from the administration and (c) otherwise go unnoticed. While I guess I can understand the cathartic release that comes with validation from fellow sympathizers, I am surprised that folks still cling to the fiction that media pressure drives decisions.

I disagree, but only because it might get Coach Thinskin to assault a member of the media on camera and be terminated for that reason.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:35 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

i guess that's fair and even if questioned he'd revert to youth and inexperience. i would love to hear what his / sheridan's thought process was matching up sparracio against those WRs
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:27 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Respect his privacy. :laugh :lol:
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:21 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

i guess that's fair and even if questioned he'd revert to youth and inexperience. i would love to hear what his / sheridan's thought process was matching up sparracio against those WRs

Can't people call into Addazio's Monday evening show? Or you could ask on twitter...
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:53 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Can't people call into Addazio's Monday evening show? Or you could ask on twitter...

I remember dialing in to a similar show when :spaz3 was running the show. Anyone who asked Spaz a challenging question, some "moderator" would interrupt the questioner asking who he was and if he was a member of the media that had the authority to ask that kind of question. And Spaz would never answer it. Spaz only ever answered softball questions. So basically, Spaz was never held accountable in those evening shows for his incompetence.

I can't imagine this would be any different with Addazio.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Los on Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:54 pm

Don't recall them ever taking calls on the radio show. It's pretty much just an hour of Meter tossing up meatballs to Daz.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:23 pm

Los {l Wrote}:Don't recall them ever taking calls on the radio show. It's pretty much just an hour of Meter tossing up meatballs to Daz.

Got it. I've never listened because of the potential cringe factor with those two.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:41 pm

Los {l Wrote}:Don't recall them ever taking calls on the radio show. It's pretty much just an hour of Meter tossing up meatballs to Daz.

Real meatballs? or metaphorical meatballs? THIS IS IMPORTANT
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:42 pm

Dillon is better than Bailey by a wide margin and deserves accolades. The article is still embarrassing because of when they chose to release it. It's worse than Farrell and the ginger on the faux great recruiting of the TOB era.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:59 pm

Cmon man, we have enuff crap as BC fans. Leave the political stuff out of it and go fantasize about Ivanka or something.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:22 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:

Cmon man, we have enuff crap as BC fans. Leave the political stuff out of it and go fantasize about Ivanka or something.

You didn't read the Podesta emails, did you?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Los on Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:04 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Real meatballs? or metaphorical meatballs? THIS IS IMPORTANT

I’d imagine the real ones only come out during the breaks.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:30 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

They don't want their creds pulled.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium