Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby claver2010 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:26 am

was done several years ago

they're going to suck (just as they have), might as well play the kid
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:50 pm

Anyone who watched that abortion of a football game and is saying that Eli is the problem was not paying attention. The problem is the fact that the defense couldn't stop anything or anyone. The fact that they get zero pass rush and have a rookie corner and rookie nickel back who looked utterly lost.

Eli was fine. 30-44 for 300+ yards would be enough to win in most cases if the defense could stop an offense from putting up 35 points. As for Jones, I don't think you want to completely scar him by throwing him into the fire and forcing him to play in a series of shootouts.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:05 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Anyone who watched that abortion of a football game and is saying that Eli is the problem was not paying attention. The problem is the fact that the defense couldn't stop anything or anyone. The fact that they get zero pass rush and have a rookie corner and rookie nickel back who looked utterly lost.

Eli was fine. 30-44 for 300+ yards would be enough to win in most cases if the defense could stop an offense from putting up 35 points. As for Jones, I don't think you want to completely scar him by throwing him into the fire and forcing him to play in a series of shootouts.

I think it is quite plain that they are fine with losing every game while giving up in excess of 30 points so long as they don’t get Saquon killed (hence the offensive line investment and the lack of carries) and will happily accept another top 3-7 pick next year to get a top notch defensive end.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:45 pm

Didn't they invest a shit ton in the D like 3 years ago? What the hell happened.

Eli isn't going to make up for a bad D but agree he's good enough to win with a decent D.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:32 pm

I predict (conservatively) that the Bills will have 150 sacks against Eli this week. Further, Saquon Barkley will have fewer rushing yards than Matt Barkley will have passing yards (it will be 63-0 at halftime so there is no reason to put my beautiful baby boy Josh Allen at risk in the second half). I'm not afraid to say what everyone else is thinking.

I'm still taking the Giants and the points
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:21 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:I predict (conservatively) that the Bills will have 150 sacks against Eli this week. Further, Saquon Barkley will have fewer rushing yards than Matt Barkley will have passing yards (it will be 63-0 at halftime so there is no reason to put my beautiful baby boy Josh Allen at risk in the second half). I'm not afraid to say what everyone else is thinking.

Tommy Sweeney with a couple of catches in Week 1 and third leading receiver for the team. The only BC alum to catch passes in the NFL in Week 1 and will probably be the only one all year.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:37 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:I predict (conservatively) that the Bills will have 150 sacks against Eli this week. Further, Saquon Barkley will have fewer rushing yards than Matt Barkley will have passing yards (it will be 63-0 at halftime so there is no reason to put my beautiful baby boy Josh Allen at risk in the second half). I'm not afraid to say what everyone else is thinking.

Tommy Sweeney with a couple of catches in Week 1 and third leading receiver for the team. The only BC alum to catch passes in the NFL in Week 1 and will probably be the only one all year.

Fun fact: who was the last BC guy to catch a pass in the NFL from the WR position?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:43 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Fun fact: who was the last BC guy to catch a pass in the NFL from the WR position?

Tyler Murphy?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:10 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Tyler Murphy?

Yes, first game of the season against the PATS.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:23 pm

Fuck the jets. Fuck the jiants. Fuck new jersey in its ass. Bills. Lombardi trophy now. Engrave that ass.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:13 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Fuck the jets. Fuck the jiants. Fuck new jersey in its ass. Bills. Lombardi trophy now. Engrave that ass.

I stand by this very stupid drunken post. 8-)
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:33 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eli isn't going to make up for a bad D but agree he's good enough to win with a decent D.

Yes, Jones just got lucky. If Eli had been playing, they would have scored 60. Bring back Eli.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:38 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Yes, Jones just got lucky. If Eli had been playing, they would have scored 60. Bring back Eli.

The NYFG got very lucky that Arians took a penalty "to make it easier for the kicker" and that Winston also took a knee 1.5-2 yards back from the LOS when he tried to center the ball, otherwise we are mourning the fact that a great debut by Danny Dimes was wasted in a losing effort.

Not having Saquon for five weeks may actually be good for Danny Destiny and force Shurmur to not execute his Daz like offense. Notwithstanding, I expect to be 2-2 when Minnesota comes to town in two weeks.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:01 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The NYFG got very lucky that Arians took a penalty "to make it easier for the kicker" and that Winston also took a knee 1.5-2 yards back from the LOS when he tried to center the ball, otherwise we are mourning the fact that a great debut by Danny Dimes was wasted in a losing effort.

Not having Saquon for five weeks may actually be good for Danny Destiny and force Shurmur to not execute his Daz like offense. Notwithstanding, I expect to be 2-2 when Minnesota comes to town in two weeks.

As a Bucs fan, that was the most Buccaneers game ever. I thought Arians was supposed to be a good coaching?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:51 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Saving this premature emasculation. For posterity.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:07 am

So that went well. Cleveland is gonna Cleveland.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:38 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Saving this premature emasculation. For posterity.

Shepard and Engram both out for Thursday night. I did not think the Giants would win, but the only thing preventing a rocketshipping is Bill's respect for the Giants and Maras.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Feels like the right place for this...

I’m done with Jameis Winston. It’s been 5 years. Draft a rookie or sign Bridgewater
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:27 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Feels like the right place for this...
I’m done with Jameis Winston. It’s been 5 years. Draft a rookie or sign Bridgewater

Purely from a football perspective, Winston reminds me a lot of Jamarcus Russell. JRuss was pretty awesome in college and then in the NFL would flash moments or awe with incredibly stupidity. With JRuss, he quickly fell off (likely due to purple drank) and never recovered. Winston has been able to battle and had much, much more success. Ultimately, in today's NFL, he is way too inconsistent. You'd kind of hope that he was going to figure it out... but, it's a lost cause.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:47 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Feels like the right place for this...

Purely from a football perspective, Winston reminds me a lot of Jamarcus Russell. JRuss was pretty awesome in college and then in the NFL would flash moments or awe with incredibly stupidity. With JRuss, he quickly fell off (likely due to purple drank) and never recovered. Winston has been able to battle and had much, much more success. Ultimately, in today's NFL, he is way too inconsistent. You'd kind of hope that he was going to figure it out... but, it's a lost cause.

He reminds me of Ryan Fitzpatrick
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:58 am

Pat Shurmur is the Steve Addazio of the NFL. Does not take criticism well and plays not to lose.

Four times last night with the ball inside the 15 and the Giants come away with 12 points. Cowardly.

Kicking the field goal after intercepting the first pass of the game with the ball on the 11 is borderline treasonous.

You can tell John Mara went to Boston College because it takes him far too long to realize his head football coach is the wrong person for the job. I look forward to wasting at least another year of Saquon Barkley while Daniel Jones gets crushed into bolivian by every opposing defensive line.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:10 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Pat Shurmur is the Steve Addazio of the NFL. Does not take criticism well and plays not to lose.

Four times last night with the ball inside the 15 and the Giants come away with 12 points. Cowardly.

Kicking the field goal after intercepting the first pass of the game with the ball on the 11 is borderline treasonous.

You can tell John Mara went to Boston College because it takes him far too long to realize his head football coach is the wrong person for the job. I look forward to wasting at least another year of Saquon Barkley while Daniel Jones gets crushed into bolivian by every opposing defensive line.

This, except that on the rare occasions that he shows some courage it is invariably at exactly the wrong time and makes little strategic sense from a risk-reward perspective--see, the INT at the end of the 1st half.

Shurmur needs to go at the end of this year or sooner. Not sure who they'd go after, but Mike McCarthy is low hanging fruit and, whatever his shortcomings, is demonstrably better than Shurmur.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:55 am

Mike McCarthy would be perfect for the Giants personnel on offense. Assuming he can be convinced not to forget he has a running back.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:30 pm

Matt Rhule was on the Giants staff 7 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they went that direction.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:05 am

Groundhog day comes every Sept for me
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby basselope on Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:34 pm

Looks like Campion's jizz mopping company in NE Ohio massage parlors & strip joints will be looking for new apprentice applicants....
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:24 am

basselope {l Wrote}:Looks like Campion's jizz mopping company in NE Ohio massage parlors & strip joints will be looking for new apprentice applicants....

Are they still updating the Cleveland QB list in that store? :lol:
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:22 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:Looks like Campion's jizz mopping company in NE Ohio massage parlors & strip joints will be looking for new apprentice applicants....

No they retired it after Baker but looks like it is time to bring it back.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:07 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

No they retired it after Baker but looks like it is time to bring it back.

$250 million, all guaranteed, and trading away a few 1st rounders. Cleveland is betting everything on the next couple of years because they will have no cap space to do anything in two years. It’s a remarkable bet on a guy who objectively speaking, at his best, is a level behind Mahomes and Allen and possibly not as good as Burrow. Granted, KC is going to see some dissipation over the next couple of years and will have to do a retool, but I don’t think Cleveland as currently built is good enough with Watson and now that don’t have the cap space to fill in those gaps.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle33 on Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:21 am

eagle33
Campion Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium