2019 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:54 pm

1. Ray Marten, our best blocking TE/FB, out for the year;
B) It sounds like our new OC shares Dazzler's TE philosophy (3 TEs on the 3rd & long when down by more than 8 in the 4thQ... ).
https://bceagles.com/news/2019/8/22/foo ... -ends.aspx
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:00 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:1. Ray Marten, our best blocking TE/FB, out for the year;
B) It sounds like our new OC shares Dazzler's TE philosophy (3 TEs on the 3rd & long when down by more than 8 in the 4thQ... ).

Still a lot of returning talent plus the addition of Dalton who I expect to be a big time playmaker this year for us. not worried about this group.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:06 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:1. Ray Marten, our best blocking TE/FB, out for the year;

Still a lot of returning talent plus the addition of Dalton who I expect to be a big time playmaker this year for us. not worried about this group.

The Bucs ran 12 personnel all season to the top passing offense in the NFL.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:01 am

This is the kind of unorthodox brilliance for which the Dazzler shall always be remembered. "7" .
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:25 am

There's a comedy skit waiting to be written where a 25 year old Daz sees some statistic that teams score more out of the goal line formation than any other, and draws the conclusion that running the goal line exclusively will lead to an unstoppable offense
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:39 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:B) It sounds like our new OC shares Dazzler's TE philosophy (3 TEs on the 3rd & long when down by more than 8 in the 4thQ... ).

That's what got him the job, it was a prerequisite.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:42 pm

Glines & Karafa elected captains.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby NJM89 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:58 pm

Depth chart is out. Zay and Debarry only true freshman on two deep. Glines and Levy at WR. Our offense will be the best its been since Matty Ice. Going to need our LBs to carry the defense, the most athletic its ever been. Strachan, Bletzer and Schwab were never as fast as these guys were the past couple years. The three transfer Oline are the back ups.

https://bceagles.com/documents/2019/8/26/2019_BC_Football_Game_Notes.pdf
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby flakes on Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:19 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Depth chart is out. Zay and Debarry only true freshman on two deep. Glines and Levy at WR. Our offense will be the best its been since Matty Ice. Going to need our LBs to carry the defense, the most athletic its ever been. Strachan, Bletzer and Schwab were never as fast as these guys were the past couple years. The three transfer Oline are the back ups.

https://bceagles.com/documents/2019/8/26/2019_BC_Football_Game_Notes.pdf

Glines and Levy at wideout give me zero confidence that we’ll see much vertical action in the throw game. I’d say the DBs will be fine if the line wasn’t so bad. DBs have a big task ahead of them with no pressure on the QB. Definitely interesting that none of the of the transfer OL are starting. Seemingly great depth.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:40 pm

Matt Valecce being unable to unseat Dennis Grosel is not a good luck for Fordham Prep fans.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:28 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Matt Valecce being unable to unseat Dennis Grosel is not a good luck for Fordham Prep fans.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:39 am

Did McStravick kick coach thin skin's dog?
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:29 pm

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:Did McStravick kick coach thin skin's dog?

Isn't he hurt?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby tallsy on Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:12 pm

Since Blog Boy turned off comments, I'm disagreeing with his Optimistic Take. If this team goes 10-2 (they're not), they are going to the Orange Bowl if the Coastal winner is a fraud because The Committe is making the decision. If the Coastal does have a legit winner, Champs Sports invited Cuse last year so BC will go to Orlando. Rick Catlett doesn't run that bowl.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby durkcal on Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:58 pm

Not sure what it says about our DE prospects that Yeargin can be retired from football, then come in and win the starting job. Hopefully he can make some plays. He and Valdez have to be able to make some TFL's and pressure the QB. The safeties are another huge question mark. El Attrach has been around for a while, but could never crack the rotation. Palmer did not look like he reacted quickly and strongly to the ball in the air last year to me. If Bennerman can just hold ground and occupy blockers, that will help our LB's a ton. The LB's can be really good if McDuffie is near 100%, and the DL can be somewhat stout. But I'm not optimistic about that last point. LB's with OL approaching fast downhill and with DL washing up in their feet 4 yards off the line - are pretty powerless.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby Los on Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:47 pm

Anyone else just get a notification on their phone that Brad Bates is stepping down as AD of Boston College? Nothing like fresh content.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:34 pm

Expanded alcohol selection at Alumni: https://twitter.com/JasonBaumPR/status/ ... 7575933953
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:41 am

Superfan shirts DOA? The student section was wearing every other type of BC shirt. Do they not hand them out anymore?

AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:56 am

AdamBC {l Wrote}:Superfan shirts DOA? The student section was wearing every other type of BC shirt. Do they not hand them out anymore?

Not sure if they still hand them out, but current students definitely think the shirts are uncool. Last season I heard a girl making fun of a group of freshmen girls behind their back for wearing the superfan shirts.

While the sea of yellow looked kinda cool on TV, I can't say I blame them. Mustard yellow is not our color and the fighting eagle was a blatant copy of the ND logo. Yellow used to be a part of our basketball/hockey uniforms as recently as the 80s, but it's a thing of the past.

While on the topic of BC attire, I admire the effort to bring back the old BC logo, but the gear that's being sold is not quality. It's cheesy Under Armour stuff with weird designs.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:22 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:Superfan shirts DOA? The student section was wearing every other type of BC shirt. Do they not hand them out anymore?

While on the topic of BC attire, I admire the effort to bring back the old BC logo, but the gear that's being sold is not quality. It's cheesy Under Armour stuff with weird designs.

Agreed, very uninspiring wrt the items themselves. Love the old logo.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:54 pm

I don’t get what people like about the old logo, it never looked good on hats. The kids do love the old logo though. I have a nice 3/4 length Reebok BC winter coat with the old logo and get asked where I bought it all the time. The old logo looks better in a large scale, just not on hats or polo shirts. I do like the old letterman sweater with the large B. That would look good on a hat as well.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby mod6A on Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:03 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Agreed, very uninspiring wrt the items themselves. Love the old logo.

thirded.

i want to buy old logo stuff but it is not good stuff. very annoying.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:06 pm

I do no know how it started, but the superfan shirt was one of the best thing that BC students have ever did for BC sports. All of the students wore them. The players loved and it looked great on TV. It started to die out, with the football program, during the Spaz years. But what really killed it was BC5-0. The super fans shirts had a different slogan on the back of the shirt for each class. Therefor, at tailgates, the police knew who was underage just looking at the shirt. The under 21 students (most FR, Soph & Jrs) realized this and stopped wearing the shirts.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:42 pm

The problem on D is the talent, or lack thereof. We lost 9 starters on D so I guess we shouldn't have expected much but I did not think it would be this bad. Brandon Sebastian is the only guy that looks like he should be starting on an ACC D. The other 5 DBs that have play have been atrocious. Hayes and Jones are young so maybe (hopefully) they will improve. We had no pass rush against KU and only pressured the VTech QB on blitzes and one play where they didn't bother to block Luchetti.

The offense is all on the Dazzler. We scored Zero points in the 2nd half against KU! This is unacceptable. We changed OCs but the O looks exactly the same as it did the last two seasons. We just make it so easy for the other team's DC. Our offense looks the same no matter the down and distance or the score. We line up almost every play with 1 RB, 2 TEs, Glines and usually White. Have White and Flowers ever been on the field at the same time? Why don't we aver play 3 WRs on 3rd and long?

The kicking game looks to be another dumpster fire. This would make it six years in a row. Daz must have them playing scared.

We were lucky to beat VTech as they really beat themselves with the 5 turnovers. Hopefully KU was a Purdue like hiccup and they can turn it around next week against Rutgers. :koolaid
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:55 pm

3 ex players from the Coughlin-Henning era are just straight ripping Daz.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:00 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:3 ex players from the Coughlin-Henning era are just straight ripping Daz.

Mutryn is on the twitter machine defending him.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:41 pm

I think the Kansas game was an aberration. I def think the team underestimated them and laid a egg. This reminds me of the old :Toby wtf losses we would have each year. Hopefully, we will get a wtf win later this year.

The defense isn’t great but it should be serviceable to get us between 6-8 wins especially with the way the ACC performed this weekend. I just think the overreaction here is unwarranted after one game. Yes, Kansas has been historically bad but I fully expect les miles will turn the team around and looks to be in the process of doing so already. They looked really good with the exception of that one pick the QB threw.

I guess we’ll know better in the next couple games for sure.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Bunratty on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:09 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:I think the Kansas game was an aberration. I def think the team underestimated them and laid a egg. This reminds me of the old :Toby wtf losses we would have each year. Hopefully, we will get a wtf win later this year.

The defense isn’t great but it should be serviceable to get us between 6-8 wins especially with the way the ACC performed this weekend. I just think the overreaction here is unwarranted after one game. Yes, Kansas has been historically bad but I fully expect les miles will turn the team around and looks to be in the process of doing so already. They looked really good with the exception of that one pick the QB threw.

I guess we’ll know better in the next couple games for sure.

Disagree. The defense flat out sucks.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Los {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:the path to another successful 7 win season will be dependent on Dillon running behind the ACC's best Oline

Does somebody actually believe we have the best offensive line in the ACC?

Actually yes.

i don't see us taking a step back at C or LT

The OL will be fine under Daz. I’m concerned the D may give up 40 a game.

Every team replaces players on defense. Hamp Cheevers was made to be all ACC in this defense. There are more players that come from where the others left, and they are often better than the status quo. Hamp Cheevers leaving early, for example, net plus. Buh, bye.

The above aged well
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:22 pm

Plenty of talent. Bad coaching and not showing up. This board is amusing, however, especially Eddie Odio Epstein being the resident spirit animal.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium