ACC Network

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

ACC Network

Postby hansen on Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:03 pm

Goes live today at 7pm.
Charter/Spectrum, satellite DirecTV, Verizon FIOS, Hulu with Live TV, Playstation Vue, Youtube TV are the only carriers currently supporting it.

I expect a lot of BC games will be on it as they will be unlikely to make it to bigger channels.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Re: ACC Network

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:07 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Goes live today at 7pm.
Charter/Spectrum, satellite DirecTV, Verizon FIOS, Hulu with Live TV, Playstation Vue, Youtube TV are the only carriers currently supporting it.

I expect a lot of BC games will be on it as they will be unlikely to make it to bigger channels.

There is one big timeslot - the 8 PM game on ABC. There's no difference between the rest of the channels anymore.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:19 am

on in tristate with optimum / altice as well

i look forward to it replacing espn3 as the official home of bc athletics
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:58 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

and most people in the Boston area won't be able to watch it.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:54 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

and most people in the Boston area won't be able to watch it.

Yup. ESPN3 was just like any ESPN channel if you had Chromecast or a similar device. I assume another network like NESN can't pick up an ACC network game? If not, maybe this will encourage Boston area people to get off the couch and go to Alumni. Doubtful, but maybe.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:57 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:on in tristate with optimum / altice as well

it's this, that's why Its imperative for BC fans to get it (for those that dont read the boxscores and actually watch the games).

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:35 pm

RCN which is not the biggest cable network but has a good sized presence in Boston, NY, MD and is usually at the forefront of adding these networks is not adding the ACC Network. In NYC I actually get NESN as part of my sports package with RCN.

They belong to a cable cooperative that signed an agreement to add the ACC Network at no extra cost but RCN has opted to not add it. Looking at the SEC agreement in 2014 they opted in with the cooperative. Very strange unless they have a renewal with Disney coming up and they are looking for leverage. It is my understanding in those cases Disney is cramming the ACC Network down the throats of different providers if they want to be able to stream the new Disney streaming service.

As we pointed out over the years BC football actually gets very good ratings in the local market so it is surprising that the local Boston cable companies are fighting hard against the ACC Network. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:29 am

Market forces should be at play. If tiny RCN competes only in major markets with tons of alternatives (Fios, ATT/Direct, Spectrum/Time Warner), it likely has to choose what it wants to be a premium provider of the best possible service or a discount shop for people a step away from cutting the cord. If folks don’t like the offerings or pricing for RCN, they should simply make a call and switch to any number of other vendors.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:03 pm

Direct TV's roll out is equally abysmal.

I get the BTN and SEC networks as part of my tier, but they want me to pay extra for the ACC network? F- that. I just through a fit and told them to cancel service. After waiting on hold to cancel, they gave me 1 year of $30/month credits, but not the channel??? I am still not happy.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:41 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Direct TV's roll out is equally abysmal.

I get the BTN and SEC networks as part of my tier, but they want me to pay extra for the ACC network? F- that. I just through a fit and told them to cancel service. After waiting on hold to cancel, they gave me 1 year of $30/month credits, but not the channel??? I am still not happy.

Had similar experience w optimum. I get sports pack but for some reason I didn’t get ACC, call them and say wtf. The saleswoman says it’s a different tier and it’ll be $10 more. I say direct me to the retention department, they give it to me and knock $10 off my bill.

Every 8 months or so they’re good for a call to the retention department to say I’m cutting the cord and hear what they can do
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:08 pm

I have xfinity so I called Fios this morning to switch over. After spending half an hour on the phone it was going to cost $30/mo more for a similar channel lineup to what I have now and they couldn't do the install for 2 weeks. I told them to forget it.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:20 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Direct TV's roll out is equally abysmal.

Had similar experience w optimum. I get sports pack but for some reason I didn’t get ACC, call them and say wtf. The saleswoman says it’s a different tier and it’ll be $10 more. I say direct me to the retention department, they give it to me and knock $10 off my bill.

Every 8 months or so they’re good for a call to the retention department to say I’m cutting the cord and hear what they can do

I did that last week, they screwed up my bill and then didn't want to give me credit so I cancelled, they put me through to retention and then they gave me a $30 credit per month for a year.

I am going to see what happens tomorrow and then if not either tell them i did a self move or lower my package to next to nothing and add the sports pack.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Darren6 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:56 am

I'm pretty pissed as well with DirecTV. I have the Choice package and currently get the SEC network (obviously since I live in New Orleans) and the Big10 network. I cannot get the ACCN. At first, they told me that I would have to pay more for the sports pack and I will receive it, but then came back and said no that I am not in the geographical limits set forth by the ACCN to get the channel. Louisiana is closer to more ACC schools than Big 10 schools so this doesn't really make much sense. If they are going to have geographical limits, than the ACCN needs to stop promoting DirecTV as a "national carrier" of their channel. As of right now, I am not sure if I will still be able to see BC games using the ESPN app for free, or if I will have to subscribe to ESPN+...
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:17 am

Somebody tell :shock to bring back Justin.tv.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:45 am

Darren6 {l Wrote}:I'm pretty pissed as well with DirecTV. I have the Choice package and currently get the SEC network (obviously since I live in New Orleans) and the Big10 network. I cannot get the ACCN. At first, they told me that I would have to pay more for the sports pack and I will receive it, but then came back and said no that I am not in the geographical limits set forth by the ACCN to get the channel. Louisiana is closer to more ACC schools than Big 10 schools so this doesn't really make much sense. If they are going to have geographical limits, than the ACCN needs to stop promoting DirecTV as a "national carrier" of their channel. As of right now, I am not sure if I will still be able to see BC games using the ESPN app for free, or if I will have to subscribe to ESPN+...

go to www.getaccn.com and put in your zip code to see who will offer the channel in your location.
I'm curious... does directv come up?

personally, I'm prob going to switch to Hulu with live tv for football season... 45/month and you get ACCN, ESPNs, FS1/2.
I was hoping sling would get ACCN but I dont think they are going to get it in time.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:26 am

I just signed up for the 1 week free trial for Hulu + Live TV. Next week I'm ditching Comcast and getting 1Gb symmetrical Internet from Fios for $80/mo. That includes free rental of the wifi router for the lenghth of the 3 year contract plus 1 free month of YouTube TV and a free Chromebook. So I'll cancel Hulu next Thursday and do the 1 month free YouTube TV, then compare the two and decide which one to stick with. Either way I'll end up saving about $20/mo compared to my current $140/mo Comcast bill.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:54 am

ACC Network was added to my package on Verizon Fios. Looking forward to watching more games on TV instead of the computer!
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Darren6 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:41 pm

go to http://www.getaccn.com and put in your zip code to see who will offer the channel in your location.

DirecTV, Hulu, Youtube, Playstation Vue

*DirecTV, haha, this launch has been one giant cluster*&$#

My issue now is, since I continually see DTV as a carrier (but not in my area), I am hesitant to switch to another provider that is listed as a carrier. I may try to find someone in the area on another provider and see if they get it or not .
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Postby Uptown Eagle on Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:15 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Darren6 {l Wrote}:I'm pretty pissed as well with DirecTV. I have the Choice package and currently get the SEC network (obviously since I live in New Orleans) and the Big10 network. I cannot get the ACCN. At first, they told me that I would have to pay more for the sports pack and I will receive it, but then came back and said no that I am not in the geographical limits set forth by the ACCN to get the channel. Louisiana is closer to more ACC schools than Big 10 schools so this doesn't really make much sense. If they are going to have geographical limits, than the ACCN needs to stop promoting DirecTV as a "national carrier" of their channel. As of right now, I am not sure if I will still be able to see BC games using the ESPN app for free, or if I will have to subscribe to ESPN+...

go to http://www.getaccn.com and put in your zip code to see who will offer the channel in your location.

personally, I'm prob going to switch to Hulu with live tv for football season... 45/month and you get ACCN, ESPNs, FS1/2.
I was hoping sling would get ACCN but I dont think they are going to get it in time.

I switched to Hulu live a few months ago and have not regretted it.
Uptown Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:34 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Sling was added tonight.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:59 pm

Hansen, can you spin up a google hangouts for the board and then livestream your tv from your phone camera? No one's going to care about bani's head bobbing up and down just off screen, we only want to see the game. Thanks.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:54 pm

Verizon FIOS has ACCnet channel 329. I'm in Metrowest.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby tallsy on Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:09 pm

ACC Network struggled with the down and distance all game.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:46 pm

More so with viewership.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bcaustin on Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:24 am

Just got Hulu live free trial and BC -Richmond game not listed on their ACC network schedule.

FSU, Pitt, GT, UNC/Miami games all listed but no BC. Am I missing something?
bcaustin
n00b

Postby eagle33 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:35 am

bcaustin {l Wrote}:Just got Hulu live free trial and BC -Richmond game not listed on their ACC network schedule.

the richmond game is on something called accnx. google tells me it is the "acc network digital platform available on the espn app". i don't know what that means. i assume your isp has to carry the acc network in order to use the app to watch the game.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:49 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
bcaustin {l Wrote}:Just got Hulu live free trial and BC -Richmond game not listed on their ACC network schedule.

the richmond game is on something called accnx. google tells me it is the "acc network digital platform available on the espn app". i don't know what that means. i assume your isp has to carry the acc network in order to use the app to watch the game.

Apparently this makes sense to someone but I really find it odd that there is an ESPN app and a WATCH ESPN app, two completely different and games are not offered on both. Apparently this game is NOT available on the WATCH ESPN app... but it is on regular ESPN app (assuming you have access to ACC network on your ISP).

edit - Apparently WATCH ESPN won't even work on ios and directs you to the ESPN app but still works on Windows 10 app and the BC game is not available there.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 am

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

Apparently this makes sense to someone but I really find it odd that there is an ESPN app and a WATCH ESPN app, two completely different and games are not offered on both. Apparently this game is NOT available on the WATCH ESPN app... but it is on regular ESPN app (assuming you have access to ACC network on your ISP).

edit - Apparently WATCH ESPN won't even work on ios and directs you to the ESPN app but still works on Windows 10 app and the BC game is not available there.

ESPN retired the WatchESPN app. All watching/casting is done through the ESPN app. Just make sure the ESPN app is connected to your Hulu account and not your normal cable account.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:26 pm

Anyone have success with AppleTV?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:41 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Anyone have success with AppleTV?

The Hulu TV provider signin wasn't working for me today; I tried repeatedly during the first half. Usually don't have to enter it per game but I recently switched providers. I had to switch to the tablet to watch the game (which already had the TV provider login BS entered in from earlier in the week) .

hansen
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium