Virginia Tech Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Virginia Tech Week

Postby claver2010 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:26 am

Little early but let's get this started:

Fuente announced Willis will be their starting QB: https://www.dailypress.com/sports/colle ... story.html He played ok against us, lot of yards, not great accuracy.

I knew VT lost a ton of transfers in the offseason, I didn't know there was a full on mutiny inside the team: https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... tin-fuente
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Virginia Tech Week

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:38 am

Addazio coaches well against vpi. He's coached well against them since the day he's been hired. I know the team lost half the offensive line, quite a bit on the defensive line, and a little bit in the defensive backfield but I wasn't all that impressed with the defensive line last year. They gave up way too many rushing yards vs Wake Forest and Temple of all teams. Not impressive. So yeah, they lost a lot but... meh.

With a very healthy AJ Dillon and at least an adequate QB with so much colligate experience, I give the team a coin flip to win the opener. I think it comes down to time of possession. If BC has the ball for more than 35 minutes of the game, they win. Win the first one and they have a real shot at winning the first 5.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:11 pm

Probably one of the most interesting opening games in quite a while. The way this schedule rolls out, BC will be underdogs in the final 6 games of the year They will be favored over the 5 teams following VPI. So, whether we make a bowl could very well come down to next Saturday.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:57 pm

I assume Valecce will be the back-up? AB needs to improve the accuracy. I think it was AJ Black who mentioned on the podcast that in the last possession of last year's FSU game, AB made bad throws on 4 consecutive plays to put the final nail in the coffin. He needs to make a big jump in that area.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:25 pm

He needs to complete at least 60% of his passes. That’s the new floor for competent QB play
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:31 pm

historically, not many BC QBs have been able to complete 60% of their passes.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:35 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
I knew VT lost a ton of transfers in the offseason, I didn't know there was a full on mutiny inside the team: https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... tin-fuente

Did they ban Fuentes from the locker room?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Looking forward to seeing Zay Flowers. I hope he is involved in the offense and not just on special teams.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby mod6A on Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:09 pm

i think we win.

BC 24, Vatech 17

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:14 am

Is the game on ACCN? It isn’t showing up on my channel guide other than a replay on ESPNU...
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:06 am

The ACCN is going to effectively end BC football fandom. Sounds like all 6 of us either don't have it or won't pay for it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The ACCN is going to effectively end BC football fandom. Sounds like all 6 of us either don't have it or won't pay for it.

its on my directTV tier. i can post updates after every quarter for you guys. perhaps even still photos post-game.

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:35 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The ACCN is going to effectively end BC football fandom. Sounds like all 6 of us either don't have it or won't pay for it.

It’s on Hulu Live TV. I just subscribed yesterday. So far seems like great value for $45/month.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:58 pm

What cable do you have. Fios it’s 829
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:50 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Sorry, I have enough money to not have fucking fios
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:51 pm

PS don't give enough of a fuck about 7-5 to change.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:47 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Comcast.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:22 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

You're very old and angry.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:15 am

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:

It’s on Hulu Live TV. I just subscribed yesterday. So far seems like great value for $45/month.

I'm going to sign up for the Hulu + Live TV 1 week free trial. Looks like a really good deal, has all the live stations I want plus all the sports channels as well, no tiers for sports channels like comcast and fios. Time to cut the cord.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:26 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Whats wrong with Fios? I think about switching every so often.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Los on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:31 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Whats wrong with Fios? I think about switching every so often.

It's overpriced as fuck. I'm paying anywhere from $270-285/mo for cable, internet and phone depending on fees and I'm not using a fraction of the channel lineup.

Looks like Youtube TV is where I'm headed. I can get all the same channels (at least the ones I'll actually watch) for $50/mo. Just need to get an internet/phone plan for around $100/mo and I'll still be saving over $100/mo from what I was paying Verizon.

I was looking at Hulu Live, but they don't get NESN, so not being able to watch Sox and Bruins games was a deal-breaker for me.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:41 am

Los {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Whats wrong with Fios? I think about switching every so often.

It's overpriced as fuck. I'm paying anywhere from $270-285/mo for cable, internet and phone depending on fees and I'm not using a fraction of the channel lineup.

Looks like Youtube TV is where I'm headed. I can get all the same channels (at least the ones I'll actually watch) for $50/mo. Just need to get an internet/phone plan for around $100/mo and I'll still be saving over $100/mo from what I was paying Verizon.

I was looking at Hulu Live, but they don't get NESN, so not being able to watch Sox and Bruins games was a deal-breaker for me.

I'm pretty sure local channels in your area are included but it doesn't show on their channel lineup when ordering. Even though I hate the sox I'm hoping nesn is included. I'll find out when I sign up for the free trial.
Last edited by eagle33 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:43 am

Los {l Wrote}:

I strongly encourage you to spend an afternoon one day looking into your options and then make some changes, because at $270 a month you are lighting money on fire
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:58 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
Los {l Wrote}:

I strongly encourage you to spend an afternoon one day looking into your options and then make some changes, because at $270 a month you are lighting money on fire

That depends on how many monthly cell phone subscriptions are covered by that $270 a month Los is paying. My wife and I have 5 different cell phone numbers set up with Verizon (two numbers for her parents) and we just bundle them all together and collect a little bit of cash from my in-laws each month. Its incredibly efficient if you do it that way.

Sometimes is best to break up the payments and not bundle. For example, we pay an entirely separate bill for DirecTV. But that is mostly because we were able to shake them down via their retention department to an incredibly low monthly bill via threats to lose our business. And we've had DirecTV since 2002. Our monthly bill is so low that whenever we get accosted by DirecTV at Coscto, we just spend 30 seconds telling the guy what we have, what we are paying, ask him if he can beat it and they always say no. They say come back in a year when your discounts run out and we will switch memberships from one spouse to the other to save on the cost. Its comforting knowing that you are calculating enough to properly game the system.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Los on Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:25 am

Yeah, to be fair, I do have a couple add-ons that inflate the price a bit (HBO and the sports package), but that's maybe an additional $30/mo. Anything over $200/mo is way too much considering the other options available now.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby Los on Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:28 am

The other way the cable companies screw you is through the hardware rentals. I think I'm paying $36/mo just for the privilege of having Verizion boxes sit in my rooms.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:39 am

McDuffie listed as the starting SLB on depth chart with Sparacio. Otherwise, nothing surprising.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:17 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:McDuffie listed as the starting SLB on depth chart with Sparacio. Otherwise, nothing surprising.

Correction, CJ Lewis not on the 2-deep is surprising. Is he hurt? Dalton not on there either but I am sure we will see him in some of or 4 TE sets.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:29 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:McDuffie listed as the starting SLB on depth chart with Sparacio. Otherwise, nothing surprising.

Are they rushing him back from the knee injury?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:34 pm

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium