Official Future Scheduling Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Future Scheduling Thread

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:08 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:@ ND 11/23/19

Tangentially related: ND moved their 2018 home game against Syracuse to Yankee Stadium. Shamrock series. For Syracuse I think this is clearly a win-win in a way the Fenway game wasn't for BC.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:07 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:For Syracuse I think this is clearly a win-win in a way the Fenway game wasn't for BC.

Huh?
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:10 pm

Would love to do a home-and-home with LSU!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:16 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:if you seriously think going to missouri is on the same planet as going to ole miss in terms of excitement & enjoyment, it's not even worth entering the conversation with you

Kelly Bryant transferring to Missouri.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:47 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:if you seriously think going to missouri is on the same planet as going to ole miss in terms of excitement & enjoyment, it's not even worth entering the conversation with you

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:10 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

ok
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:46 am

So it looks like we aren't playing any service academies in the forseeable future. That stinks.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:46 pm

why play service academies when you can play richmond, kansas, rutgers, ohio, temple, uconn and umass?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:48 pm

Does playing the Coast Guard Academy count as good for New England?
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Darren6 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:47 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Would love to do a home-and-home with LSU!

As an LSU season ticket holder with a son in the BC marching band, I would also love to see this. Unfortunately, LSU doesn't do many OOC home and homes often, and if scheduled it wouldn't be played for another 7-8 years. I'm all for getting these kids into some of the best atmospheres in college football and get some new experiences. They will be playing at Texas this year, at UCLA in 2021, Arizona State in 2026 and Oklahoma in either 2027/2028. LSU will also be doing a home and home with Clemson in 2025/2026 in the "Battle for Death Valley"
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Postby HJS on Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:07 am

BC-LSU will likely never happen. However, if it were to ever lineup, it would probably be now with Orgeron and Addazio both from the Paul Pasqualoni coaching tree (though I'm not terribly sure if they every overlapped at Cuse). Given the way scheduling works, it would likely have to be a thing where both schools would be looking for a replacement due to a sudden cancellation of a previously arranged series. Personally, I think BC holds up decently well in such games (though we'd still lose due to Daz playing to get the game in the 4th quarter). We usually play our best when we step up in competition. I'd expect the same at LSU. I've been to games in Tuscaloosa and Baton Rouge. There really isn't that much gameday difference between there and spots like Clemson and Tallahassee.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:46 am

HJS {l Wrote}:BC-LSU will likely never happen. However, if it were to ever lineup, it would probably be now with Orgeron and Addazio both from the Paul Pasqualoni coaching tree (though I'm not terribly sure if they every overlapped at Cuse). Given the way scheduling works, it would likely have to be a thing where both schools would be looking for a replacement due to a sudden cancellation of a previously arranged series. Personally, I think BC holds up decently well in such games (though we'd still lose due to Daz playing to get the game in the 4th quarter). We usually play our best when we step up in competition. I'd expect the same at LSU. I've been to games in Tuscaloosa and Baton Rouge. There really isn't that much gameday difference between there and spots like Clemson and Tallahassee.

The way it would happen is in one of those opening weekend showcase games. Something like BC/LSU at the SuperDome or JerryWorld
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:47 pm

home&home with Army and Yukon as well as a home game vs Holy Cross in 2023 just announced.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:48 pm

Supreme letdown.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:27 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:home&home with Army and Yukon as well as a home game vs Holy Cross in 2023 just announced.

:dildodog
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby Los on Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:54 pm

Not getting a 2-for-1 with UConn is an embarrassment.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle33 on Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:27 pm

:lame

jarmond should know by now nobody wants uconn on the schedule and the ones that want holy cross are all dead. you'd think he could get a couple of big 10 teams other than rutgres on the schedule.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:45 pm

New schedule bitch; same as the old schedule bitch.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:27 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}::lame

jarmond should know by now nobody wants uconn on the schedule and the ones that want holy cross are all dead. you'd think he could get a couple of big 10 teams other than rutgres on the schedule.

The UConn thing is pointless.

I thought people liked scheduling Army?

Holy Cross brought nearly a sellout. That’s why they’re on the schedule.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:44 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I have no problem with these games. Many of us have asked for Army to be on our schedule every year and it's a great road trip. As for UConn and Holy Cross, at least their fans will help fill up Alumni and we need some easy wins on the schedule. It's a requirement to have at least one P5 or ND on the schedule each year so when you factor that in, plus the ACC schedule, scheduling these types of games is not surprising. And Army is pretty good right now.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:05 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I don't think this HC game will be a novelty like the last one.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:10 am

Holy shit... people are really bitching about which FPS teams are on the schedule???
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:09 am

HC is fine as a FCS game, none of those games are worth my time anywyas

uconn was announced a while ago, just moving dates i believe. decent chance they don't have a program in 4 years and if they do, better chance they take $ to move that game away from storz like they did last time

army is good, bring back memories of the spaz meltdown in '12
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:35 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I don't think this HC game will be a novelty like the last one.

It'll still draw 20k more than the thrilling game against Richmond this season.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:07 am

Army is good now but will they be in 2023 and/or 2028? Odds are low.

Columbus day weekend is a good weekend to take a boat up the Hudson to visit West Point.

Halloween at the Rent I will pass on that.

Fordham law grads need to unite to get Fordham on the schedule. BC/FLS grads alone sell out Alumni! Let's make this happen. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Los on Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:03 pm

Shit, I hadn't even thought of that. The crazies will be especially out in force that day.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:17 pm

Los {l Wrote}:

Shit, I hadn't even thought of that. The crazies will be especially out in force that day.

I don’t think people care about Yukon FB anymore. Their move back to the Big East should’ve been self-evident. I’d expect the Rent to be as dead as it has been since HCRE left for MD.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:11 pm

I am fine with the home and home with Army. Incredible atmosphere and a traditional old eastern rival of long standing. Holy Cross is pointless. Sure it is an easy win, but now that the novelty has worn off I doubt you get much of a draw. If you are a BC fan under the age of 60, you have not witnessed a competitive game between the schools, the outcome is foreordained so why spend the time and money to show up. If you are a Holy Cross can why go and watch BC kick the ever living shit out of your team and have your face rubbed in the fact that BC has utterly eclipsed your school in every conceivable way—academically, athletically, etc.—and you are merely a poor, not particularly bright man’s low end NESCAC school at this point. Like Colby, Hamilton or Bates in a shittier location.

I would endorse a Fordham-BC game, but only if it was played on Thanksgiving morning at Jack Coffey Field so we can do away with the execrable Prep-Xavier game as—with apologies to our back up Toughchester Dago QB—there has not been a legit D1 athlete participating in that game since 1985.

Frankly, I wish we’d go back to the insane schedules we played under Cowboy Jack, Coughlin and Henning. Sure we’d take some lumps, but it would be fun to hold out hope for an upset and at least under such a scheduling regime a 7-6 team would actually be pretty good.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:28 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:BC-LSU will likely never happen. However, if it were to ever lineup, it would probably be now with Orgeron and Addazio both from the Paul Pasqualoni coaching tree (though I'm not terribly sure if they every overlapped at Cuse). Given the way scheduling works, it would likely have to be a thing where both schools would be looking for a replacement due to a sudden cancellation of a previously arranged series. Personally, I think BC holds up decently well in such games (though we'd still lose due to Daz playing to get the game in the 4th quarter). We usually play our best when we step up in competition. I'd expect the same at LSU. I've been to games in Tuscaloosa and Baton Rouge. There really isn't that much gameday difference between there and spots like Clemson and Tallahassee.

If we ever played LSU, I would show up wearing my nametag. Also, one person among you would be bedecked in Endymion gear and ritually sacrificed to the Atchafalaya skunk apes.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Uptown Eagle on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:58 pm

I would endorse a Fordham-BC game, but only if it was played on Thanksgiving morning at Jack Coffey Field so we can do away with the execrable Prep-Xavier game as—with apologies to our back up Toughchester Dago QB—there has not been a legit D1 athlete participating in that game since 1985.

What's the matter? You don't love the single wing offense?
Uptown Eagle
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium