2020 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:43 am

I'm ok with lower academic standards to win the ACC, just saying if thats what it takes, I am ok with it.

There is a blueprint out there for us to win and it starts with hulking offensive lineman and an accurate passer. We need to get back to that.
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9109
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1627

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:24 pm

DuchesneEast wrote:
There is a blueprint out there for us to win and it starts with hulking offensive lineman and an accurate passer. We need to get back to that.


I agree, but at the same time, that blueprint never got us to a BCS/New Years Six bowl. Arguably our best chance was with Chris Crane, who ran the read option. And then he got injured...That BC team was rolling and would have defeated VT in the ACCCG with Chris Crane.

Of course, one of the problems with option QBs is greater risk of injury.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3910
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 140

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:01 pm

This is why I have been promoting Don Brown for HC. He has won wherever he has gone, will work for 2.5 million and will give us 8-10 years. He is an excellent coach, from Massachusetts and has been successful at BC.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1060
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:45 pm
Karma: -311

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:35 pm

Eaglekeeper wrote:This is why I have been promoting Don Brown for HC. He has won wherever he has gone, will work for 2.5 million and will give us 8-10 years. He is an excellent coach, from Massachusetts and has been successful at BC.

Go Eagles!


This alias is great.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30500
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2428

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:18 am

Eaglekeeper wrote:This is why I have been promoting Don Brown for HC. He has won wherever he has gone, will work for 2.5 million and will give us 8-10 years. He is an excellent coach, from Massachusetts and has been successful at BC.

Go Eagles!


What evidence is there that Don Brown is a good Head Coach?
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15986
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -257

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby EagleNYC on Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:25 am

To the point about QB development, it’s been pretty awful under Addazio. Brown has the size and enough raw skill. The staff has to coach him up and smooth away the (considerable) inconsistency.
EagleNYC
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1941
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:11 am
Karma: 158

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:42 am

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:BC has been handing out a bunch of offers the last few days but one local one to keep an eye on ...

Jay Brunelle, 6'2/195lb WR from St. Johns in Shrewsbury. Michigan also offered him yesterday

What is that, 5 Mass kids Michigan has offered in this class?


Something like that. They offered Eamonn Dennis as well from St Johns. Doesn’t appear to have a BC offer yet but I’m sure he will get one (also makes me question how serious the UM offer is with him only having umass and Yukon to date)



Eamonn Dennis to Michigan. Why weren't we involved with him?
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 7784
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 121

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby NEUBCfan on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:25 am

eepstein0 wrote:
Eaglekeeper wrote:This is why I have been promoting Don Brown for HC. He has won wherever he has gone, will work for 2.5 million and will give us 8-10 years. He is an excellent coach, from Massachusetts and has been successful at BC.

Go Eagles!


What evidence is there that Don Brown is a good Head Coach?


More evidence that he is than he isn’t...

Plymouth State
During his last two years, he led the team to win the Freedom Football Conference championship and advanced to the Division III playoffs. Brown was named the Freedom Conference Coach of the Year all three of his seasons at Plymouth State.

Northeastern
In 2002, he led Northeastern to an 11th-place final ranking, the school's highest-ever placement. The Huskies' ten wins were also the most in school history. That season, he was named Atlantic 10 Conference Coach of the Year, New England Football Writers Coach of the Year, and American Football Coaches Association Region I Coach of the Year.

UMASS
During his tenure as head coach from 2004 to 2008, UMass posted the best five-year record in school history. In 2006, Brown led Massachusetts to the Atlantic 10 conference championship and a finish as runners-up to the national championship. That season, Brown was named the AFCA Region I Coach of the Year, Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year, and New England Football Coach of the Year.
NEUBCfan
n00b
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:16 pm
Karma: 20

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:31 am

NEUBCfan wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
Eaglekeeper wrote:This is why I have been promoting Don Brown for HC. He has won wherever he has gone, will work for 2.5 million and will give us 8-10 years. He is an excellent coach, from Massachusetts and has been successful at BC.

Go Eagles!


What evidence is there that Don Brown is a good Head Coach?


More evidence that he is than he isn’t...

Plymouth State
During his last two years, he led the team to win the Freedom Football Conference championship and advanced to the Division III playoffs. Brown was named the Freedom Conference Coach of the Year all three of his seasons at Plymouth State.

Northeastern
In 2002, he led Northeastern to an 11th-place final ranking, the school's highest-ever placement. The Huskies' ten wins were also the most in school history. That season, he was named Atlantic 10 Conference Coach of the Year, New England Football Writers Coach of the Year, and American Football Coaches Association Region I Coach of the Year.

UMASS
During his tenure as head coach from 2004 to 2008, UMass posted the best five-year record in school history. In 2006, Brown led Massachusetts to the Atlantic 10 conference championship and a finish as runners-up to the national championship. That season, Brown was named the AFCA Region I Coach of the Year, Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year, and New England Football Coach of the Year.


Haha
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15986
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -257

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby NEUBCfan on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:53 am

eepstein0 wrote:
NEUBCfan wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
Eaglekeeper wrote:This is why I have been promoting Don Brown for HC. He has won wherever he has gone, will work for 2.5 million and will give us 8-10 years. He is an excellent coach, from Massachusetts and has been successful at BC.

Go Eagles!


What evidence is there that Don Brown is a good Head Coach?


More evidence that he is than he isn’t...

Plymouth State
During his last two years, he led the team to win the Freedom Football Conference championship and advanced to the Division III playoffs. Brown was named the Freedom Conference Coach of the Year all three of his seasons at Plymouth State.

Northeastern
In 2002, he led Northeastern to an 11th-place final ranking, the school's highest-ever placement. The Huskies' ten wins were also the most in school history. That season, he was named Atlantic 10 Conference Coach of the Year, New England Football Writers Coach of the Year, and American Football Coaches Association Region I Coach of the Year.

UMASS
During his tenure as head coach from 2004 to 2008, UMass posted the best five-year record in school history. In 2006, Brown led Massachusetts to the Atlantic 10 conference championship and a finish as runners-up to the national championship. That season, Brown was named the AFCA Region I Coach of the Year, Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year, and New England Football Coach of the Year.


Haha


Laugh it up but what evidence is there that he isn’t a bad head coach?
NEUBCfan
n00b
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:16 pm
Karma: 20

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby NJM89 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:52 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:BC has been handing out a bunch of offers the last few days but one local one to keep an eye on ...

Jay Brunelle, 6'2/195lb WR from St. Johns in Shrewsbury. Michigan also offered him yesterday

What is that, 5 Mass kids Michigan has offered in this class?


Something like that. They offered Eamonn Dennis as well from St Johns. Doesn’t appear to have a BC offer yet but I’m sure he will get one (also makes me question how serious the UM offer is with him only having umass and Yukon to date)



Eamonn Dennis to Michigan. Why weren't we involved with him?


Mullings and Brunelle were with Dennis on a visit there this weekend
Image
User avatar
NJM89
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:18 pm
Karma: 42

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:53 pm

No. But there's no evidence he's a good head coach at the FBS level.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5177
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 621

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:12 pm

NEUBCfan wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
NEUBCfan wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
Eaglekeeper wrote:This is why I have been promoting Don Brown for HC. He has won wherever he has gone, will work for 2.5 million and will give us 8-10 years. He is an excellent coach, from Massachusetts and has been successful at BC.

Go Eagles!


What evidence is there that Don Brown is a good Head Coach?


More evidence that he is than he isn’t...

Plymouth State
During his last two years, he led the team to win the Freedom Football Conference championship and advanced to the Division III playoffs. Brown was named the Freedom Conference Coach of the Year all three of his seasons at Plymouth State.

Northeastern
In 2002, he led Northeastern to an 11th-place final ranking, the school's highest-ever placement. The Huskies' ten wins were also the most in school history. That season, he was named Atlantic 10 Conference Coach of the Year, New England Football Writers Coach of the Year, and American Football Coaches Association Region I Coach of the Year.

UMASS
During his tenure as head coach from 2004 to 2008, UMass posted the best five-year record in school history. In 2006, Brown led Massachusetts to the Atlantic 10 conference championship and a finish as runners-up to the national championship. That season, Brown was named the AFCA Region I Coach of the Year, Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year, and New England Football Coach of the Year.


Haha


Laugh it up but what evidence is there that he isn’t a bad head coach?


Other then never getting a real job as one?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30500
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2428

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:14 am

twballgame9 wrote:
NEUBCfan wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
NEUBCfan wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
Eaglekeeper wrote:This is why I have been promoting Don Brown for HC. He has won wherever he has gone, will work for 2.5 million and will give us 8-10 years. He is an excellent coach, from Massachusetts and has been successful at BC.

Go Eagles!


What evidence is there that Don Brown is a good Head Coach?


More evidence that he is than he isn’t...

Plymouth State
During his last two years, he led the team to win the Freedom Football Conference championship and advanced to the Division III playoffs. Brown was named the Freedom Conference Coach of the Year all three of his seasons at Plymouth State.

Northeastern
In 2002, he led Northeastern to an 11th-place final ranking, the school's highest-ever placement. The Huskies' ten wins were also the most in school history. That season, he was named Atlantic 10 Conference Coach of the Year, New England Football Writers Coach of the Year, and American Football Coaches Association Region I Coach of the Year.

UMASS
During his tenure as head coach from 2004 to 2008, UMass posted the best five-year record in school history. In 2006, Brown led Massachusetts to the Atlantic 10 conference championship and a finish as runners-up to the national championship. That season, Brown was named the AFCA Region I Coach of the Year, Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year, and New England Football Coach of the Year.


Haha


Laugh it up but what evidence is there that he isn’t a bad head coach?


Other then never getting a real job as one?


It's the above. Way to site Northeastern & Plymouth State as real experience.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15986
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -257

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby HJS on Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:45 am

7-wins... and lovin’ it
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13951
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 214

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby NEUBCfan on Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:15 am

eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
NEUBCfan wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
NEUBCfan wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
Eaglekeeper wrote:This is why I have been promoting Don Brown for HC. He has won wherever he has gone, will work for 2.5 million and will give us 8-10 years. He is an excellent coach, from Massachusetts and has been successful at BC.

Go Eagles!


What evidence is there that Don Brown is a good Head Coach?


More evidence that he is than he isn’t...

Plymouth State
During his last two years, he led the team to win the Freedom Football Conference championship and advanced to the Division III playoffs. Brown was named the Freedom Conference Coach of the Year all three of his seasons at Plymouth State.

Northeastern
In 2002, he led Northeastern to an 11th-place final ranking, the school's highest-ever placement. The Huskies' ten wins were also the most in school history. That season, he was named Atlantic 10 Conference Coach of the Year, New England Football Writers Coach of the Year, and American Football Coaches Association Region I Coach of the Year.

UMASS
During his tenure as head coach from 2004 to 2008, UMass posted the best five-year record in school history. In 2006, Brown led Massachusetts to the Atlantic 10 conference championship and a finish as runners-up to the national championship. That season, Brown was named the AFCA Region I Coach of the Year, Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year, and New England Football Coach of the Year.


Haha


Laugh it up but what evidence is there that he isn’t a bad head coach?


Other then never getting a real job as one?


It's the above. Way to site Northeastern & Plymouth State as real experience.


You asked for evidence of him being a good head coach. If you don’t like the answer, ask the question better.
NEUBCfan
n00b
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:16 pm
Karma: 20

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby eagle33 on Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:21 am

NEUBCfan wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
NEUBCfan wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
NEUBCfan wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
Eaglekeeper wrote:This is why I have been promoting Don Brown for HC. He has won wherever he has gone, will work for 2.5 million and will give us 8-10 years. He is an excellent coach, from Massachusetts and has been successful at BC.

Go Eagles!


What evidence is there that Don Brown is a good Head Coach?


More evidence that he is than he isn’t...

Plymouth State
During his last two years, he led the team to win the Freedom Football Conference championship and advanced to the Division III playoffs. Brown was named the Freedom Conference Coach of the Year all three of his seasons at Plymouth State.

Northeastern
In 2002, he led Northeastern to an 11th-place final ranking, the school's highest-ever placement. The Huskies' ten wins were also the most in school history. That season, he was named Atlantic 10 Conference Coach of the Year, New England Football Writers Coach of the Year, and American Football Coaches Association Region I Coach of the Year.

UMASS
During his tenure as head coach from 2004 to 2008, UMass posted the best five-year record in school history. In 2006, Brown led Massachusetts to the Atlantic 10 conference championship and a finish as runners-up to the national championship. That season, Brown was named the AFCA Region I Coach of the Year, Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year, and New England Football Coach of the Year.


Haha


Laugh it up but what evidence is there that he isn’t a bad head coach?


Other then never getting a real job as one?


It's the above. Way to site Northeastern & Plymouth State as real experience.


You asked for evidence of him being a good head coach. If you don’t like the answer, ask the question better.


Does he have experience at the HS level.
eagle33
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:29 am
Karma: 50

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:38 pm

NEUBCfan wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
NEUBCfan wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
NEUBCfan wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
Eaglekeeper wrote:This is why I have been promoting Don Brown for HC. He has won wherever he has gone, will work for 2.5 million and will give us 8-10 years. He is an excellent coach, from Massachusetts and has been successful at BC.

Go Eagles!


What evidence is there that Don Brown is a good Head Coach?


More evidence that he is than he isn’t...

Plymouth State
During his last two years, he led the team to win the Freedom Football Conference championship and advanced to the Division III playoffs. Brown was named the Freedom Conference Coach of the Year all three of his seasons at Plymouth State.

Northeastern
In 2002, he led Northeastern to an 11th-place final ranking, the school's highest-ever placement. The Huskies' ten wins were also the most in school history. That season, he was named Atlantic 10 Conference Coach of the Year, New England Football Writers Coach of the Year, and American Football Coaches Association Region I Coach of the Year.

UMASS
During his tenure as head coach from 2004 to 2008, UMass posted the best five-year record in school history. In 2006, Brown led Massachusetts to the Atlantic 10 conference championship and a finish as runners-up to the national championship. That season, Brown was named the AFCA Region I Coach of the Year, Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year, and New England Football Coach of the Year.


Haha


Laugh it up but what evidence is there that he isn’t a bad head coach?


Other then never getting a real job as one?


It's the above. Way to site Northeastern & Plymouth State as real experience.


You asked for evidence of him being a good head coach. If you don’t like the answer, ask the question better.


How was he on dynasty mode on Madden?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30500
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2428

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby plcatalano on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:57 am

Are we out on Kalel Mullings? On 247, it's listed as a Stanford or Michigan with us as cool. Anyone know if we're out?
plcatalano
n00b
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:31 pm
Karma: -5

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:07 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:BC has been handing out a bunch of offers the last few days but one local one to keep an eye on ...

Jay Brunelle, 6'2/195lb WR from St. Johns in Shrewsbury. Michigan also offered him yesterday



Verballed to ND.
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 7784
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 121

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:12 pm

Mullings is going to Michigan so let's take that into consideration as we have our substantive debate about Don Brown

Image
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -445

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby HJS on Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:38 pm

7-wins... and lovin’ it
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13951
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 214

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:46 pm

HJS wrote:https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2019/01/17/michigan-football-anthony-campanile-2-year-deal/2603098002


FHCAW
User avatar
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2576
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 pm
Karma: 292

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:08 am

semi siriuz question who has a better shot at being at his job in 3 years, daz or harbaugh?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17686
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3050

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:06 am

DuchesneEast wrote:
Oliver Closeoff wrote:It has been confirmed, BC is putting together perhaps their best class ever under the Dazinator.



I am sure the IPF has nothing to do with it. :roll: :roll:



We offered 7 kids from Mass this year. The Dazzler was able to land two. :koolaid
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 7784
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 121

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby Irishriviera on Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:58 am

Mullings specifically called out Don Brown in his twitter post. Said how great he's been and that Brown has been recruiting him since he was 14.
Irishriviera
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:06 pm
Karma: 33

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby Los on Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:08 am

claver2010 wrote:semi siriuz question who has a better shot at being at his job in 3 years, daz or harbaugh?

Daz after Michigan loses to Army this year.
- Los
User avatar
Los
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 am
Location: Here
Karma: 46

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby flakes on Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:36 am

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
DuchesneEast wrote:
Oliver Closeoff wrote:It has been confirmed, BC is putting together perhaps their best class ever under the Dazinator.



I am sure the IPF has nothing to do with it. :roll: :roll:



We offered 7 kids from Mass this year. The Dazzler was able to land two. :koolaid


This was the year for a game-changing class and we'll end up maybe 12th or 13th in the ACC rankings again. O-linemen are great, but wildly unpredictable due to weight/position fluctuations and injury. To me, it's looking like the 2018 class where we had a 4-star o-lineman and some solid 3 stars...and ended up being ranked #71.
flakes
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:57 pm
Karma: -27

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby bceagles24 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:21 pm

flakes wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
DuchesneEast wrote:
Oliver Closeoff wrote:It has been confirmed, BC is putting together perhaps their best class ever under the Dazinator.



I am sure the IPF has nothing to do with it. :roll: :roll:



We offered 7 kids from Mass this year. The Dazzler was able to land two. :koolaid


This was the year for a game-changing class and we'll end up maybe 12th or 13th in the ACC rankings again. O-linemen are great, but wildly unpredictable due to weight/position fluctuations and injury. To me, it's looking like the 2018 class where we had a 4-star o-lineman and some solid 3 stars...and ended up being ranked #71.


That’s a pretty awful comparison. This class already has as many recruits with P5 offers then that entire class did. That 2018 class had a 50% rate on other P5 offers. And BC is looking pretty smart on a couple of those guys already but that’s a different discussion. This class has 10 of 13 with P5s. Of the 3 1 is a kicker, 1 is a camp offer and another is a slot receiver with less then ideal size but played QB for a decent part of his season and went to zero camps. The quality on paper isn’t even remotely close.
Follow on twitter @AdamCoelhoTR
bceagles24
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:32 am
Karma: 190

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby flakes on Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:07 pm

bceagles24 wrote:
flakes wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
DuchesneEast wrote:
Oliver Closeoff wrote:It has been confirmed, BC is putting together perhaps their best class ever under the Dazinator.



I am sure the IPF has nothing to do with it. :roll: :roll:



We offered 7 kids from Mass this year. The Dazzler was able to land two. :koolaid


This was the year for a game-changing class and we'll end up maybe 12th or 13th in the ACC rankings again. O-linemen are great, but wildly unpredictable due to weight/position fluctuations and injury. To me, it's looking like the 2018 class where we had a 4-star o-lineman and some solid 3 stars...and ended up being ranked #71.


That’s a pretty awful comparison. This class already has as many recruits with P5 offers then that entire class did. That 2018 class had a 50% rate on other P5 offers. And BC is looking pretty smart on a couple of those guys already but that’s a different discussion. This class has 10 of 13 with P5s. Of the 3 1 is a kicker, 1 is a camp offer and another is a slot receiver with less then ideal size but played QB for a decent part of his season and went to zero camps. The quality on paper isn’t even remotely close.


We're already 9th in the ACC and can't imagine we're going to jump anyone as the top-tier QBs are mostly signed and we have missed out on the top Mass guys.
flakes
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:57 pm
Karma: -27

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Untitled document