2019 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 29, 2019 6:27 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:Seems like he was injured during most of the critical evaluation times. Decent type of kid to bring on as PWO

Menard is on scholly.

https://twitter.com/FloFootball/status/1130996371811651587

The shoulder injury explains why the ball had no zip on it.

He’s definitely worth a shot, Perry and McDonald were never going to amount to anything
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 29, 2019 10:01 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:Seems like he was injured during most of the critical evaluation times. Decent type of kid to bring on as PWO

Menard is on scholly.

He’s definitely worth a shot, Perry and McDonald were never going to amount to anything

Perry yes. But your opinion is soft.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 30, 2019 5:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:

Menard is on scholly.

I saw Perry enough to form an opinion of awfulness. Hard to tell on McDonald.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flakes on Thu May 30, 2019 6:37 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:

Menard is on scholly.

The QB recruiting situation has become a joke. This kid is 165 pounds and basically crow-hops to throw, but I get it, why would anyone want to come here and throw a few crossing routes? That's not the way to get NFL eyes on you. And it's not even a situation where we can hit the lottery with a Matt Ryan because I just don't think Daz wants to open up the offense anyway. So depressing.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu May 30, 2019 7:13 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:

Menard is on scholly.

The QB recruiting situation has become a joke. This kid is 165 pounds and basically crow-hops to throw, but I get it, why would anyone want to come here and throw a few crossing routes? That's not the way to get NFL eyes on you. And it's not even a situation where we can hit the lottery with a Matt Ryan because I just don't think Daz wants to open up the offense anyway. So depressing.

What are you talking about ? Perry was 1 of 2 QBs in his class who I think many here thought would get converted to the secondary at some point anyway. Do you honestly think Perry was offered with an expectation of starting here ? A year after they signed Brown ?

If you want to fault Addazio for his offensive philosophy, Browns development or how he handled wade that’s fine, but getting a local athletic kid is hardly something to get frustrated over. Wade, Brown and Johnson all had multiple high level offers in HS, so saying the QB recruiting is flawed isn’t entirely correct, and spinning your wheels over Perry seems a little silly.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu May 30, 2019 8:00 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:

Menard is on scholly.

What are you talking about ? Perry was 1 of 2 QBs in his class who I think many here thought would get converted to the secondary at some point anyway. Do you honestly think Perry was offered with an expectation of starting here ? A year after they signed Brown ?

If you want to fault Addazio for his offensive philosophy, Browns development or how he handled wade that’s fine, but getting a local athletic kid is hardly something to get frustrated over. Wade, Brown and Johnson all had multiple high level offers in HS, so saying the QB recruiting is flawed isn’t entirely correct, and spinning your wheels over Perry seems a little silly.

Said it before and will say it again. Perry could have a future as a starter... just not at QB. Extremely fast and athletic, there’s always room for that on the field. If I were him, I would redshirt and switch positions.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby flakes on Thu May 30, 2019 8:24 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:

Menard is on scholly.

Look at the QBs recruited each year under Daz. A good 3 or 4 years we didn’t get anyone. What’s even more absurd is that folks on here think Perry would ever see the field at any position for another D1 team. He’s a solid northeast high school athlete. That’s about it.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 30, 2019 9:22 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:

Menard is on scholly.

Said it before and will say it again. Perry could have a future as a starter... just not at QB. Extremely fast and athletic, there’s always room for that on the field. If I were him, I would redshirt and switch positions.

When did the narrative of him being fast or athletic start? I bet he runs a 4.7 at best.

He’s tough he proved that taking that beating in the Clemson game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flakes on Thu May 30, 2019 10:17 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:

Menard is on scholly.

When did the narrative of him being fast or athletic start? I bet he runs a 4.7 at best.

Agreed.
Just because we’re used to Dave Dudeks and John Fadules doesn’t make EJ Perry a super athlete
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu May 30, 2019 10:23 pm

The QB recruiting and on field performance is the worst in the modern era of BC football under Daz. MJ made a huge mistake by not getting rid of Daz last year. What’s worse will be keeping Daz for another year after he goes 5-7 or 4-8 this year.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri May 31, 2019 8:44 am

flakes {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:

Menard is on scholly.

Agreed.
Just because we’re used to Dave Dudeks and John Fadules doesn’t make EJ Perry a super athlete

Dudeck was a decent enough athlete to get a look in the NFL. I enjoyed having him as a punching bag, but he might've been a respectable player under a coach with a brain.

Having guys like Fadule and Perry on the team is fine, I just don't want them playing against Clemson.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri May 31, 2019 10:40 am

I have zero confidence in Daz and bringing in a new OC never works. It’s Daz’s Program and he will never change.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri May 31, 2019 11:02 am

flakes {l Wrote}:Look at the QBs recruited each year under Daz. A good 3 or 4 years we didn’t get anyone. What’s even more absurd is that folks on here think Perry would ever see the field at any position for another D1 team. He’s a solid northeast high school athlete. That’s about it.

?

There are many criticisms of daz but recruiting qbs isn't one of them imo. 5 out of 6 years he's brought in a QB with p5 offers

2014: Wade (RCC, Nebraska, Cuse)
2015: Elijah Robinson (i'll let the w31d0z chime in as to whether he was recruited as a QB or ATH here or at each school. i don't recall, it seems like he's been at the program for a decade. Mich State, Nebraska, Rutgres, UVA)
Jeff Smith
2016: Anthony Brown (Northwestern, Cuse, VT, Wake)
2017: Matt McDonald
EJ Perry
2018: Langnan (?) (Rutgres, Cuse)
Vallece (Pitt, Rutgres)
2019: Sam Johnson (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Mizzou, Cuse)

perry / fadule are fine as walk ons, practice squad guys but should never play (non uconn, umass, holy cross games excepted)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flakes on Fri May 31, 2019 11:18 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:Look at the QBs recruited each year under Daz. A good 3 or 4 years we didn’t get anyone. What’s even more absurd is that folks on here think Perry would ever see the field at any position for another D1 team. He’s a solid northeast high school athlete. That’s about it.

?

There are many criticisms of daz but recruiting qbs isn't one of them imo. 5 out of 6 years he's brought in a QB with p5 offers

2015: Elijah Robinson (i'll let the w31d0z chime in as to whether he was recruited as a QB or ATH here or at each school. i don't recall, it seems like he's been at the program for a decade. Mich State, Nebraska, Rutgres, UVA)
Jeff Smith
EJ Perry
Vallece (Pitt, Rutgres)

perry / fadule are fine as walk ons, practice squad guys but should never play (non uconn, umass, holy cross games excepted)

This is my point...2015, 17 and 18 were not good years at all. Robinson was never going to be a QB, he Only threw a few times a game in high school. If there’s one thing Daz has done ok with it’s getting some good athletes on the defensive side of the ball. I no longer feel like we’re completely overmatched in the ACC. Otherwise, once he leaves BC he’s going back to coaching the o-line somewhere.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri May 31, 2019 11:49 am

flakes {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

?

Jeff Smith
EJ Perry
Vallece (Pitt, Rutgres)

This is my point...2015, 17 and 18 were not good years at all. Robinson was never going to be a QB, he Only threw a few times a game in high school. If there’s one thing Daz has done ok with it’s getting some good athletes on the defensive side of the ball. I no longer feel like we’re completely overmatched in the ACC. Otherwise, once he leaves BC he’s going back to coaching the o-line somewhere.

2015 and 2017... I think we all agree. However, there is a whole Toughchester contingent on this board who think that 2018 landed us a QB whose statue should be placed on the other entrance to Alumni (perhaps of said player wearing a Fordham Prep uniform). Accordingly, 4 of 6 years Daz landed a highly sought-after QB. That really isn't half-bad.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flakes on Fri May 31, 2019 12:07 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

?

Jeff Smith
EJ Perry
Vallece (Pitt, Rutgres)

2015 and 2017... I think we all agree. However, there is a whole Toughchester contingent on this board who think that 2018 landed us a QB whose statue should be placed on the other entrance to Alumni (perhaps of said player wearing a Fordham Prep uniform). Accordingly, 4 of 6 years Daz landed a highly sought-after QB. That really isn't half-bad.

Valecce will never see a snap outside of injury. Wade and Brown were both outside the top 50 best QBs in their respective classes so to say they were highly sought after is up for debate.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri May 31, 2019 1:55 pm

Although I am from an era in which certain Toughchester private schools stocked with players from Yonkers, the Bronx Rockland and the occasional kid from the Dirty Jerz routinely humiliated the finest Catholic school talent of North Jersey (before those North Jersey schools turned the tables and began harvesting Rockland and Yonkers and the City), I am on the record as stating anyone who got crushed by Archbishop Kellenberg twice is not a legit D-1 talent. He’d start at HJS other alma mater, but the Puppies are not a legit D-1 school.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri May 31, 2019 2:11 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Although I am from an era in which certain Toughchester private schools stocked with players from Yonkers, the Bronx Rockland and the occasional kid from the Dirty Jerz routinely humiliated the finest Catholic school talent of North Jersey (before those North Jersey schools turned the tables and began harvesting Rockland and Yonkers and the City), I am on the record as stating anyone who got crushed by Archbishop Kellenberg twice is not a legit D-1 talent. He’d start at HJS other alma mater, but the Puppies are not a legit D-1 school.

Next year may be a lean year in North Jersey football, lot of losses to graduation the last few years.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:23 am

Interesting. I am of the opinion that North Jersey football will implode in the next 10 years or so. It is demographically unsustainable. Too much wealth combined with an increasing influx of Central Americans at the lower end of the economic scale as the current lower and middle classes (who made up the bulk of the North Jersey talent pool and have departed for more favorable economic situations in the South) means that the jig is almost up.

And it isn’t just North Jersey, there was a really interesting feature on ESPN a year or so ago concerning Pittsburgh Central Catholic, which has been an absolute factory in churning out football talent. It still churns out D1 recruits every year, but the coach noted that twenty years ago they carried close to 200 kids on the varsity program and that their second string “would be a top 10 team in the state”. Today they have a little less than 100 kids and the trend keeps going down. Combination of CTE concerns, Pittsburgh becoming more affluent in general and Central Catholic getting more affluent students in particular, combined with a demographic shift of working class whites and blacks moving south and Central Americans moving in.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:49 pm

That’s so great, Dick. Looking forward to your posts on phrenology and Jersey
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:57 am

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:That’s so great, Dick. Looking forward to your posts on phrenology and Jersey

I wish I could say I was interested in anything you had to say, but alas, you are a back bencher of no import. Demographics is destiny—why do you think the Democrats are so hot to let every Mexican and Central American that can hoof it up here into the country and onto the voting rolls? Despite the fact that we are moving towards a more automated future where low skill immigration is completely unneeded. Pro tip, it isn’t because they are kind people and give a shit about what happens to the new arrivals once they are reliably on the voting rolls—take a look at the black inner city and disabuse yourself of that notion.

The bottom line is that affluent people are increasingly keeping their kids out of football and the white and black working class where most of your talent is drawn from are moving south for better economic opportunities. The new arrivals, with the exception of a few outliers, are not big enough to make a good D1 talent pool. Take a look at the major decline of Pennsylvania, Illinois and Michigan as talent producers—they have fallen way behind Georgia, North Carolina and Louisiana and have even been eclipsed by Virginia and South Carolina—although I expect the level of talent playing in the DC Catholic School League and Northern Virginia to drop off as well. If you think Jersey will be immune to that inexorable pull, you are kidding yourself.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:40 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:That’s so great, Dick. Looking forward to your posts on phrenology and Jersey

I wish I could say I was interested in anything you had to say, but alas, you are a back bencher of no import. Demographics is destiny—why do you think the Democrats are so hot to let every Mexican and Central American that can hoof it up here into the country and onto the voting rolls? Despite the fact that we are moving towards a more automated future where low skill immigration is completely unneeded. Pro tip, it isn’t because they are kind people and give a shit about what happens to the new arrivals once they are reliably on the voting rolls—take a look at the black inner city and disabuse yourself of that notion.

In addition to getting votes, they also get foot soldiers (MS-13).
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:03 am

Looks like we have another commit incoming per a tweet from one of the recruiting staff guys.

247 was predicting Steven Mahar from upstate NY prior to the weekend, but not positive who it will be
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:22 am

I think we should prepare for a bunch of "who is that???" verbals coming in. Summer Camp season has started.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:52 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I think we should prepare for a bunch of "who is that???" verbals coming in. Summer Camp season has started.

I dunno, that kid mentioned above has a few P5 offers.

Even that QB from FL was well worth the risk given the situation with him.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:21 pm

HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:02 am

according to 24, bryce watts is visiting bc next weekend

VT's starting CB last year, 2 more years of eligibility. from tom's river
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:51 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:according to 24, bryce watts is visiting bc next weekend

VT's starting CB last year, 2 more years of eligibility. from tom's river

Watts committed to UNC today
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:18 am

Hey at least we are not #14 out of 14 again! We made it all the way up to 12th!

He's excited about that class. Good for you coach.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:21 pm

Not surprising but our fence around New England has come crumbling down. The Massachusetts Gatorade Player of the Year is headed to Michigan.

Mostly defensive guys, so its clear Don is responsible, but Michigan more than most seems to do well in what are our traditional recruiting grounds New Jersey, New England, etc.

So far guys we should absolutely be in on that have gone to Michigan:

Zak Zinter, OL - Massachusetts
Kalel Mullings, LB - Massachusetts (literally lists Boston as his hometown)
Will Mohan, WR - Brooklyn
Eamonn Dennis, ATH - Worcester
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium