Off Season Updates

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 24, 2017 12:21 pm

CONTENT IS KING!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles66 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:06 pm

Bellows bolting BU for the WHL is a nice outcome for us. Kid struggled to match his hype last year but was a prime candidate for a breakout season.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:33 pm

Kevin Stevens disagrees with your assessment of Bellows chances of having a breakout season.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1MNA0_n32Hc
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:30 pm

Rumor is Tuch is getting shipped to Vegas
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:21 pm

So BC Admissions denied Eeli Tolvanen admission, thereby turning what was a very good recruiting class into a meh recruiting class. It is amazing to me that having reduced football and basketball to smoldering ruins, the Leahy Administration is now looking to send Coach Champion out on a decidedly down note.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:55 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:So BC Admissions denied Eeli Tolvanen admission, thereby turning what was a very good recruiting class into a meh recruiting class. It is amazing to me that having reduced football and basketball to smoldering ruins, the Leahy Administration is now looking to send Coach Champion out on a decidedly down note.

It wasn't BC admissions. According to Mike McMahon who covers the college hockey world, it was an NCAA eligibility issue with the rumor being he didn't graduate from HS (with appropriate credits that NCAA requires).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 17, 2018 12:13 pm

there's a rumor that norm bazin will be the new coach at denver
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Fri May 18, 2018 12:59 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:there's a rumor that norm bazin will be the new coach at denver

He’s a damn good coach, even if I’m not crazy about his style of play, or recruiting methods. That would be a huge loss for Lowell.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Sun May 20, 2018 7:34 am

With Quinn to the Rangers, any early favorites to replace him? Wonder what the recruiting fallout may be.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun May 20, 2018 11:58 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:With Quinn to the Rangers, any early favorites to replace him? Wonder what the recruiting fallout may be.

I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing for BC. Great recruiter of 1st round talent that stays for a year, but a choke artist.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon May 21, 2018 6:37 am

He is a really bad coach. Brilliant recruiter of talent, but has no idea how to motivate it and use it, which makes hiring him to develop talent evidence that Gorton has been on a four week bender with Dolan.You give York Eichel and the talent on that team and you have a reprise or the 2010 BC National Champions. You give York the McAvoy, Keller, Bellows team and you have a repeat of 2012.

The bottom line is that the talent gap between BC and BU was about to close this year anyway, and all things being equal, York has to pay taxes on Quinn when that is the case.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 21, 2018 11:28 am

HJS {l Wrote}:With Quinn to the Rangers, any early favorites to replace him? Wonder what the recruiting fallout may be.

here are some names: http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehockeyjo ... eId1395933

Occupying the top office at Agganis Arena is one of the top jobs in college hockey. So, who will be the next head coach of the Terriers? Smart money is on Sacco or O'Connell.

Joe Sacco

The Medford, Mass., native just finished his fourth season as an assistant caoch with the Boston Bruins. He spent four seasons as the head coach of the Colorado Avalanche from 2009 to 2013, missing the playoffs three times. He played for the Terriers from 1987-1990 before embarking on a pro hockey career that included 738 NHL games. Sacco only played three seasons with the Terriers so it's unclear if he has a degree and his NHL pedigree would make him a flight risk to head back to the big time.

Jay Pandolfo

Pandolfo starred for the Terries from 1992 to 1996, one of the highest points in program history that included the 1995 NCAA Championship. Pandalfo played 899 NHL games and has been an assistant with the Bruins for the past two seasons and had served in a player development role prior to that. The Burlington, Mass., native would seem to be a good fit, but he has less coaching experience than many candidates.

Albie O'Connell

O'Connell has been an ace recruiter for several college programs, including the Terriers the past four years. Prior to that he was an assistant at Harvard, Northeastern, Merrimack, Niagara, Holy Cross and Colby. The Watertown, Mass., native played for BU from 1995 through 1999, including captaining the Terriers as a senior. He has the unfortunate burden of being labeled a "recruiter," but he'd be a great hire to help with continuity and continue the pipeline of terrific talent heading to Agganis Arena.

Clark Donatelli

The Providence, R.I., native spent three seasons playing for Parker's Terriers from 1984 to 1987 before spending the 1987-88 season preparing for the Olympics. He played a few seasons of pro hockey has been a head coach in the Penguins' organization for the Wheeling Nailers (ECHL) and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (AHL) since 2011-12. Donatelli has also served as a coach for the U.S. at the Ivan Hlinka and other youth tournaments in the summer.

Steve Greeley

The Scituate, Mass., native is destined to be a NHL general manager so this is unlikely, but it would be wrong to not include him as a candidate. The Buffalo Sabres Assistant GM left his role as an assistant coach at BU following the 2014-15 season to join the New York Rangers in a player personnel role. Prior to his stint as an assistant at BU, the 2004 Terrier alum had been a pro scout with the Los Angeles Kings.

Scott Young

The Clinton, Mass., native and former first round pick played in 1,322 NHL games after playing two seasons with the Terriers from 1985-1987. Young has been a head coach at the prep level with St. Mark's and was an assistant at BU from 2014-2017. He spent the past season as an assistant with the U.S. Olympic team and as the Director of Player Development with the Penguins.

Shawn McEachern

The Waltham, Mass., native played over 1,000 NHL games and played in the Olympics after a standout three-year career with the Terriers. He spent two seasons at each Northeastern and UMass Lowell as an assistant before being the head coach at Rivers the past eight years.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Mon May 21, 2018 4:09 pm

Anyone know if Albie O'connell had an older brother that was a BC guy but not a hockey player?
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 22, 2018 6:59 pm

bc is rumored to get a huge commit for this fall, oliver wahlstrom who is projected to be a top 10 pick next month (if he shows on campus, i have no idea on odds)

he went viral about 10 years ago:

6. Oliver Wahlstrom, RW, USA Under-18 Team-USHL

June 13, 2000 | 6-foot-1 | 205 pounds

GP: 62| Goals: 48 | Points: 94 | Shoots: Right

Skating: 55
Puck Skills: 60
Physical Game: 50
Hockey sense: 55
Shot Grade: 70

Wahlstrom has been one of the best snipers to pass through the USNTDP in its history and is the best pure goal scorer in this draft class. While everyone knows him for his shot and goal scoring ability, he has a very desirable combination of high-end skill and physical attributes to go with his shot. Wahlstrom has the capability to carry a line due to his skill and creativity, and generates a lot of clean entries. He’s more of a shooter than a playmaker, but he can certainly make tough passes when he needs to. Wahlstrom has an elite shot and can score from a distance, with a special instinct in terms of seeing shot lanes develop and knowing how to beat goalies. He puts himself in spots to get his deadly one-timer and wrist shots through. His shots on goal totals this season are off the charts and equal to the best snipers to ever play in the USHL and/or USNTDP at his age. He’s OK defensively, I’ve seen him be passable on the PK and, while he can be strong on the puck, he’s not going to throw his body around a ton. He can skate fine, although I think sometimes he plays slower than he should, but he can get around the ice without issue and push defenders back off zone entries.

USNTDP U18 coach Seth Appert said: “He’s a big, strong, explosive power forward who is a goal scorer. His combination of strength, power, speed and shot as a right shot is unique. He’s a world-class goal scorer. He’s got the one-timer or the snapshot to beat goalies from the perimeter. He’s adding the ability to drive to the blue paint to score goals to his game.”

https://theathletic.com/342438/2018/05/ ... aft-board/

A sensational scoring threat, Oliver Wahlstrom is a fierce competitor that preys on weak play. He exploits gaps in the neutral zone; his positioning allows him to carry the puck forward immediately or shift up and into stride off of an outlet pass. He promptly takes easy lanes away from the opposition along his own blue line, but could stand to be more proactive defensively. Offensively, he might be described as uncontainable: the confidence he has in his individual puck skill, paired with a high level of thinking, makes him a difficult cog to take out of alignment. He is able to create opportunities for himself, as well as teammates, out of nothing; this, in turn, translates to energy on the ice and in the building as a whole. All-in-all, Oliver Wahlstrom is an instinct-driven hockey player gifted with the size, skating, skill, and smarts that coaches yearn for.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/2 ... -wahlstrom
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:23 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:bc is rumored to get a huge commit for this fall, oliver wahlstrom who is projected to be a top 10 pick next month (if he shows on campus, i have no idea on odds)

he went viral about 10 years ago:

6. Oliver Wahlstrom, RW, USA Under-18 Team-USHL

June 13, 2000 | 6-foot-1 | 205 pounds

GP: 62| Goals: 48 | Points: 94 | Shoots: Right

Skating: 55
Puck Skills: 60
Physical Game: 50
Hockey sense: 55
Shot Grade: 70

Wahlstrom has been one of the best snipers to pass through the USNTDP in its history and is the best pure goal scorer in this draft class. While everyone knows him for his shot and goal scoring ability, he has a very desirable combination of high-end skill and physical attributes to go with his shot. Wahlstrom has the capability to carry a line due to his skill and creativity, and generates a lot of clean entries. He’s more of a shooter than a playmaker, but he can certainly make tough passes when he needs to. Wahlstrom has an elite shot and can score from a distance, with a special instinct in terms of seeing shot lanes develop and knowing how to beat goalies. He puts himself in spots to get his deadly one-timer and wrist shots through. His shots on goal totals this season are off the charts and equal to the best snipers to ever play in the USHL and/or USNTDP at his age. He’s OK defensively, I’ve seen him be passable on the PK and, while he can be strong on the puck, he’s not going to throw his body around a ton. He can skate fine, although I think sometimes he plays slower than he should, but he can get around the ice without issue and push defenders back off zone entries.

USNTDP U18 coach Seth Appert said: “He’s a big, strong, explosive power forward who is a goal scorer. His combination of strength, power, speed and shot as a right shot is unique. He’s a world-class goal scorer. He’s got the one-timer or the snapshot to beat goalies from the perimeter. He’s adding the ability to drive to the blue paint to score goals to his game.”

https://theathletic.com/342438/2018/05/ ... aft-board/

A sensational scoring threat, Oliver Wahlstrom is a fierce competitor that preys on weak play. He exploits gaps in the neutral zone; his positioning allows him to carry the puck forward immediately or shift up and into stride off of an outlet pass. He promptly takes easy lanes away from the opposition along his own blue line, but could stand to be more proactive defensively. Offensively, he might be described as uncontainable: the confidence he has in his individual puck skill, paired with a high level of thinking, makes him a difficult cog to take out of alignment. He is able to create opportunities for himself, as well as teammates, out of nothing; this, in turn, translates to energy on the ice and in the building as a whole. All-in-all, Oliver Wahlstrom is an instinct-driven hockey player gifted with the size, skating, skill, and smarts that coaches yearn for.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/2 ... -wahlstrom

Very disappointing this year, as he did not put in an effort commensurate with his talent. I will not be surprised if he leaves in the off-season to spend time in some God-forsaken bus league.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:29 am

no question. i'm not sure what the next step is for oliver

unsurprisingly, woll signed with the leafs.

we'll be turning to the best draft eligible goalie next fall spencer knight, projected to go 1st round
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:07 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:no question. i'm not sure what the next step is for oliver

unsurprisingly, woll signed with the leafs.

we'll be turning to the best draft eligible goalie next fall spencer knight, projected to go 1st round

Let’s not rule out Edquist, either. He just got stuck behind Woll.

Hopefully Cotton and McBain stay, and maybe Hutsko is cleared (I just hope the kid is healthy enough for a normal life). I’m looking forward to a new class coming in - this group needs a change in attitude.

Have you noticed the longer hair and unshaven faces? When did Jerry decide to let that slide? I don’t know if it really matters, but it was an obvious example of the discipline and professionalism he expected.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:38 am

I have, I'm not sure if there was a formal change in policy or not. Agreed regarding Edquist, I imagine it'll be a rotation to start the year.

Maybe Cotton pulls a Kevin Hayes and sticks around for one more year to dictate his FA.

Seems like Hustko is doing as well as could be anticipated, I would imagine he's cleared to play next year (assuming he wants to, I imagine Saturday put a pretty good scare into him especially given his history.

Next year, assuming they all show up. The team will have the influx of talent that people have been rightfully calling for:

Knight (#1 goalie)
Boldy (USTNDP, potential top 10 NHL pick):

6-foot-2 | 187 pounds

Boldy might not immediately stand out to you as this blazing speedster or a guy who is going to go end-to-end with a highlight reel rush, but his combination of puck skills and hockey IQ are among the best in the draft. I wouldn’t call him a natural playmaker; he prefers to play below the dots and around the net than to QB a power play. While he’s a great passer, Boldy has a quality shot and has often been used as a trigger guy from the slot for the USNTDP. His main weakness over the years has been his skating. I think it’s improved to an average level, but he’s not a powerful skater.

Newhook (BCHL, potential top 10 NHL pick):

5-foot-10 | 190 pounds

Newhook has been fantastic in the BCHL for the past two seasons. He’s not the biggest forward at 5-foot-10 but has a lot of offensive tools. His skating, hands and vision all get plus grades. He can push the pace with his speed, while also being able to pull up and make a play at pace. Newhook isn’t just a skill guy; he competes well, which, combined with his great speed, allows him to always be around the puck. I don’t know if he’ll be a true defensive center in the NHL, but I like that he battles and doesn’t get pushed around without taking penalties.

https://theathletic.com/785568/2019/01/ ... -rankings/

I have no idea what Oliver will do.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:37 pm

Seems like smoke regarding oliver leaving and cotton sticking around

i'd sign up for that

edit: CONFIRMED oliver is gone
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:13 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Seems like smoke regarding oliver leaving and cotton sticking around

i'd sign up for that

edit: CONFIRMED oliver is gone

Losing a guy who talks shit on the ice about his own teammates, while keeping your best scorer who’s been getting better every year, is a good day.

The description of Boldy having skill, but needing to work on his skating sounds like... Cotton. And the Hayes bros., and Boyle.

Possible extra incentive for Newhook to show up, and maybe stay for a few years - apparently, his sister committed to the BC Women’s team. He sounds more like a traditional York recruit.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:59 pm

this was posted today from this YouTube channel I watch. They normally focus a lot on the sneaker community but also have a series where they go to different NCAA FB & BB facilities, this was first college hockey video they made ...

https://youtu.be/gUo8-ZmKH4U

*sry forgot how to embed YT videos in thread*
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 06, 2019 10:20 am

nice update on hutsko:

https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/64798 ... y-injuries

Great concern gripped Logan Hutsko's family members in attendance, his Boston College teammates and coaching staff, as well as Eagles' fans early in the final period of Hockey East's championship game on March 23.

Players and coaches from opposing Northeastern also looked on with worry as Hutsko, who has suffered his share of major injuries in recent years, lay motionless on the TD Garden ice after becoming entangled with a teammate and a Huskies defenseman, taking a hard fall and smacking his head against the ice.

BC trainers rushed to the sophomore's side in the corner where he had come to rest against the boards following the collision. They soon signaled for paramedics, who carefully spent the next 15 minutes immobilizing Hutsko, securing him to a backboard and wheeling him from the ice on a stretcher.

In the meantime, a pair of Eagles' players helped coach Jerry York reach Hutsko, BC’s second-leading scorer during the past two seasons.

"Rarely do I go onto the ice, but this situation warranted it," York, a head coach for 47 seasons, said. "Seeing Logan crash into the boards was a very scary moment, but I was so relieved with the outcome."

Fortunately, the outcome could not have been much better for Hutsko, who had assisted on both BC goals in the 3-2 loss.

He was moving his fingers and toes upon arriving at Massachusetts General Hospital with his father, Todd, a four-year starting defensive back for Troy State University’s football team and a member of its 1984 Division II national championship team.

All tests came back normal, triggering a huge sigh of relief for the 20-year-old, especially given Hutsko's injury history.

He rebounded from a neck injury that nearly paralyzed him in 2015, as well as a significant, season-ending knee injury a year later and a concussion which kept him out of three games earlier this season.

"Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers," Hutsko tweeted two days after the incident. "I’m doing great, appreciate all the support!"

Having emerged from his latest injury scare unscathed, however, Hutsko has grown a little tired of the feel-good story narrative which has surrounded him in recent years.

That's because the 2018 Florida Panthers draft choice is feeling good and eager to experience what his final two seasons with the Eagles brings.

Hutsko would rather discuss BC's late-season surge and carrying that momentum into next year than coming back, time and again, from serious injury.

“I’ve been feeling pretty good, and I can say I’m 100 percent recovered from the injury I suffered against Providence,” Hutsko, who finished second on the team this season with 26 points (6-20), said. “I don’t feel any lingering soreness or anything. I’ve just been hanging with the guys, doing some non-hockey stuff. The friendships you make and bonding are one of the great things about college hockey. We are all excited about next year because we finished so strong.”

Despite concluding the regular season just 11-20-3, the Eagles stunned a pair of eventual Frozen Four teams to reach the Hockey East final.

First, BC upset Providence in a best-of-three Hockey East quarterfinal series, winning a pair of one-goal games after dropping the opener in overtime.

Hutsko caught up with a loose puck at center ice 23 seconds into overtime of Game 2, thwarted the efforts of second-team Hockey East defenseman Jacob Bryson to stop him before sending a forehand shot past Friars' goalie Hayden Hawkey to clinch a 4-3 win.

Needless to say, Hutsko picked the perfect time to end a 19-game streak without a goal. He also assisted on the Eagles' second and third goals.

More Hutsko heroics followed in Game 3 as he scored the eventual game-winning goal roughly 12 minutes into the third period. With scored knotted at 1-1, Hutsko skated along the boards before unleashing a wrist shot over Hawkey's right pad.

Hutsko then assisted on what turned out to be the game-winning goal in the semifinals as BC delivered a shocking 3-0 shutout of regular-season champion UMass, which later reached the national championship game.

"As a team, we really didn't totally figure how to be successful until the near the end of the season, but were really dangerous once we came together," Hutsko, who was named Hockey East Co-Player of the Week following the Providence series, said. "I don't think anybody would have wanted to play us if we had beaten Northeastern and made the NCAA Tournament."

BC's finish removed some of the sting of a disappointing season that began with the Eagles ranked 12th in the country, but ended with the program's fewest wins (14) since York's first season in 1994-95.

A total of five seniors must be replaced along with two underclassmen who signed professional deals, including three-year starting goaltender Joe Woll.

Still, Hutsko feels the Eagles have nowhere to go but up.

After all, the top line of Hutsko, Second Team All-American David Cotton, and Julius Mattila will return. They were also the team's top three scorers this season, finishing with a combined 85 points (38-47).

Cotton, Hockey East's top goal-scorer who tied for second in the nation with 23 goals, was recently named the Eagles' new team captain.

Also, four of BC's top six blueliners will be back in Connor Moore, Jesper Mattila, Ben Finkelstein, and Michael Karow.

Incoming freshmen include forwards Matthew Boldy and Alex Newhook, who are ninth and 13th among North American skaters in the latest NHL Central Scouting rankings. Warren Marshall is the No. 9 defenseman on the list and ranked 61st overall.

The Eagles have also landed No. 1 North American goaltender Spencer Knight.

"With the talent we have coming back and all the talent we have coming in next year, the future of Boston College hockey is good," Hutsko said. "Some of the new guys should help us from day one and none of us were surprised by the season David Cotton had. With his skills and work ethic, we knew he would break out this season and will probably be even better next year."

The 5-foot-10, 173-pound Hutsko was hoping to put up better numbers this season after finishing with a team-leading 31 points (12-19) as a freshman. He was named Hockey East Rookie of the Year and was the No. 8 freshman scorer in the nation while posting a plus-10 mark.

Hutsko did not start as fast this season, but finished well with 10 points (2-8) in BC's final 10 games. He also had eight multi-point games and his value to the Eagles was underscored by the fact that they were 11-5-2 when he recorded at least one point and just 3-17-3 when he did not.

"Individually, I don't feel I had a very great year and there are times when I just did not feel like myself," Hutsko said. "I'm not sure why, but, like the team, I found myself playing better down the stretch. Not the season I wanted, but it was fun at the end."

What Hutsko has accomplished through two seasons in Beantown is remarkable considering that his college hockey career nearly ended before it even began. Devastating injuries limited him to 22 games combined in his two seasons prior to joining the Eagles.

Hutsko could hardly have felt better about his hockey future after committing to Boston College in October 2015 as he was beginning his first season with the United States National Development Team.

Barely a month later, Hutsko was practicing faceoffs during a pregame skate when, somehow, his head collided with a teammate's chest after a draw. He immediately felt a crack, but an X-ray taken the next day did not reveal anything.

Hutsko took part in three more practices and the team's next game as answers were sought. Finally, a CT scan revealed a fracture of his C6 vertebra. That means he had been playing and practicing with a broken neck, coming dangerously close to paralysis.

Hutsko finally returned to the ice in March, healed physically, but not yet mentally. Would another collision leave him with permanent injury? Fear settled in.

It was not until the final game of the season that Hutsko felt he was completely back as he registered a hat trick against Youngstown.

Unfortunately, Hutsko's return to the ice was relatively brief.

In just the third game of the following season, he suffered a torn medial collateral ligament (MCL) and busted kneecap in his left knee. Hutsko began another long rehabilitation process following surgery.

He returned to the ice the following spring and began preparing for his nearly derailed college career.

Having lost its top-five scorers from the previous season, BC needed its newcomers to provide offense, and Hutsko seized the opportunity.

He started his freshman year on the fourth line, but began moving up after netting four points in the season's first four games. Hutsko was part of the Eagles' top line by season's end. In early February, he became the first BC player to score five goals in two games since Nathan Gerbe in 2008.

BC had been on Hutsko's radar since he watched the Eagles capture the 2012 national championship in his native Tampa, Florida.

"I remember Boston College being such a fun team to watch, and when I visited years later, it seemed like home with a family atmosphere," Hutsko said. "I could see how Coach York brings a team together and that's something I really wanted to be a part of."

Following his freshman season, Hutsko was taken 89th overall (18th American) in the draft and attended the Panthers’ development camp. He'll also be part of this year's camp.

"The development camp will be just part of me trying to get better in the offseason," Hutsko said. "I'll be working a lot on being a more consistent player. That's something I struggled with last season, and I want my teammates to know they can count on me."

York certainly feels he can count on Hutsko.

"Logan played at a much higher level the last month of the season," he said. "We expect a more mature Logan as he enters his third season in our program, a more confident and stronger version."

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:11 am

article on newhook:

https://theathletic.com/1683622/2020/03 ... oward-avs/

The fact Newhook ended the year with 19 goals, 42 points and the two-way prowess not often seen in true freshmen led to talk about him being a dark horse for the highest individual honor in college hockey. It also led to external discussions regarding whether he would leave school early to sign with the Avalanche. Newhook’s original plan was to spend at least two seasons at Boston College, which appears to be the case barring some unforeseen change.

Newhook said he remains in constant contact with Colorado’s development staff while adding he could not say enough about how often they communicate with him.

“I think the development part has been great and I learned a lot this year,” Newhook said. “I have developed into a more complete player and a more dynamic player. I think for me, the plan has not changed as of now. … The Avs are a really strong team and they have a lot of depth. I am in a good spot at BC, and to be in a good spot like this and have this position of not being rushed and not being forced out of a good spot makes my situation that much better.”

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:15 pm

@JeffCoxSports
Per sources, Florida Panthers prospect Logan Hutsko will return to Boston College for his senior year. As of now, all three 2019 first rounders, Boldy, Knight and Newhook are planning to return, as well.

giddy up
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:20 am

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby westcoastbernie on Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:57 pm

Title #6
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:40 am

jerry mining the portal:

starting goalie from bowling green, eric dop. started last 2+ years. last year: 2.16 GAA / .913 sav %
teammate brandon kruse, their leading scorer 11-23-34 in 31 games

colorado college Grant Cruikshank, captain last 2 years, led team in goals (8). cc was pretty shitty this year
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:38 pm

Matt Brown is transferring to BC from UML. They also got Wells from BG. 6’4” defenseman who will turn 23 in July. Kruse is also a very good defender in addition to being very creative offensively. BC is just waiting on Cruikshank to commit. It’s between BC and North Dakota. If BC gets him they have enough talent to win the NC next year at the Garden. The 100th year of BC hockey could be very special.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:14 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Matt Brown is transferring to BC from UML. They also got Wells from BG. 6’4” defenseman who will turn 23 in July. Kruse is also a very good defender in addition to being very creative offensively. BC is just waiting on Cruikshank to commit. It’s between BC and North Dakota. If BC gets him they have enough talent to win the NC next year at the Garden. The 100th year of BC hockey could be very special.

Go Eagles!

Lowell has seven kids in the portal; one was a senior, four juniors, two sophomores. Bazin is obviously unhappy. I'm very surprised by the amount of players, as Bazin has been running a winning program - seems a little fishy. Brown is the one who scored in 2OT vs. BC in the HEA playoffs. He was their leading scorer as a freshman (6-8-24), then tied for the team lead in goals with 8 as a sophomore. Had 4 in the 4 playoff games.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:47 am

Cruikshank to Minnesota, which was a complete surprise as people thought it was between BC and North Dakota. Back to the drawing board for BC in trying to replace the exodus of NHL-level talent.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink