New ACC Bowl Lineup

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: New ACC Bowl Lineup

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:38 pm

If BC gets to 6-6 we will go bowling. The only schools that really get squeezed out now are the lower level, sunbelt type teams.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:50 pm

https://watchstadium.com/news/college-f ... 3-05-2019/
Looks like there are some tweaks on the horizon for the ACC (mostly good). ACC picks up the Holiday Bowl (which is good for BC as it is likely San Diego will not be reliant on the ACC team for tix). We pick up the Gator as a full-time destination but lose Music City (which is a net loss for BC as the Gator will never take us while the Music City had no such issues). Belk now rotates between SEC and B10 for the ACC's opponent. The old Citus Bowl affiliation that the ACC had (where we replaced the B10 when they went to the Orange) now applies for the Outback Bowl (this is essentially a promotion).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:29 pm

Count me in for holiday bowl. Saw that bowl in 92 or 93. Great venue. Fantastic destination.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:17 pm

That’s great news about the Holiday and Outback bowls. I was always hoping, but never thought it was a possibility to get the Holiday Bowl! San Diego is an awesome city to visit. BC should travel very well to San Diego and we have a lot of alums in Southern California.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:44 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Count me in for holiday bowl. Saw that bowl in 92 or 93. Great venue. Fantastic destination.

You been to Qualcomm Stadium lately? It's literally falling apart.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:12 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Count me in for holiday bowl. Saw that bowl in 92 or 93. Great venue. Fantastic destination.

Guessing you haven't either because it is SDCCU (whatever that is) Stadium now. It is also very far from anywhere you would want to stay. My butler's footman wouldn't even want to stay in Mission Valley.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:30 am

Mission Valley isn't very far from downtown. You can be at the Del Coronado in 20 mins.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Bumpers on Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:37 pm

Just stay at 81's house and drive down to the game.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby mezmrin on Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:37 pm

New Bowl Game at Fenway between the ACC and Atlantic

Wonder who the ACC participant will be 4/5 years?

I would absolutely hate this, but what do yall think? :pontif
mezmrin
Clemson Ambassador

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:14 pm

mezmrin {l Wrote}:New Bowl Game at Fenway between the ACC and Atlantic

Hate it and would probably never attend. A bowl should not be in a cold weather city, I dont like being in Alumni in late November, let alone Fenway in late December.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:20 pm

Imagine FSU vs UCF in Fenway with 19 degree weather.

Does it draw 10k fans?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:09 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Hate it and would probably never attend. A bowl should not be in a cold weather city, I dont like being in Alumni in late November, let alone Fenway in late December.

I'd definable go, but I am a degenerate.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:19 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

and they will probably make it a night game.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:33 pm

Fenway Park isn't a good place for baseball after the novelty wears off. Slightly more comfortable than the Green Line between Park and Kenmore at 545 PM.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:39 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

can't wait to see what they name it, should be good for a few laughs.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:10 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

The Win All The Time Bowl.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:12 pm

In all seriousness don't be surprised if it is the Sam Adams Patriot Bowl sponsored by New Balance.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:13 pm

The Gilette Close Shave Bowl would be a good name for BC versus an AAC team.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:51 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Guessing you haven't either because it is SDCCU (whatever that is) Stadium now. It is also very far from anywhere you would want to stay. My butler's footman wouldn't even want to stay in Mission Valley.

I went to Padres games all the time from Mission Valley. It’s not far.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:15 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Is 15 or 20 minutes. This is dumb.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 01, 2019 7:53 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Is 15 or 20 minutes. This is dumb.

Our client was in MV, so when the hotels up by Torrey were sold old we'd stay in the Marriott there and take the little tram thing downtown.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed May 01, 2019 8:51 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Pretty sure there's a gas station chain that would love the exposureImage
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Los on Thu May 02, 2019 10:05 pm

BC fans are getting soft. Football is meant to be played in cold weather. I would not want this every year, but having a solid bowl slot that essentially amounts to an 8th home game against a semi-regional team the day or two after Christmas when absolutely nothing is going on anyway is 1000x better than a random bowl game against the MAC or Sun Belt in some chamber of commerce game in a flyover state.

Of course I'd rather play in a destination bowl, somewhere warm against a P5 team. Win 10+ games if you want that. There aren't that many power 5 teams that play college football in northeast weather -- BC, Pitt, Penn State, Rutgers. We need to be playing more cold weather games, not fewer.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby tallsy on Thu May 02, 2019 10:31 pm

Los {l Wrote}:BC fans are getting soft. Football is meant to be played in cold weather. I would not want this every year, but having a solid bowl slot that essentially amounts to an 8th home game against a semi-regional team the day or two after Christmas when absolutely nothing is going on anyway is 1000x better than a random bowl game against the MAC or Sun Belt in some chamber of commerce game in a flyover state.

Of course I'd rather play in a destination bowl, somewhere warm against a P5 team. Win 10+ games if you want that. There aren't that many power 5 teams that play college football in northeast weather -- BC, Pitt, Penn State, Rutgers. We need to be playing more cold weather games, not fewer.

Hard disagree. Part of the fun of bowl season is the potential for a team that BC would never schedule.

Memphis, SMU, Houston, and Tulsa are never coming here. (And if they do, it will draw 5k fans.) As others have said, I'm very skeptical of a Wake-ECU (who are an underrated annoying fanbase) game. This will turn into what the Military Bowl was at RFK but there's no option to move to Annapolis, because BC sure as hell won't be hosting a bowl at Alumni.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri May 03, 2019 8:30 am

tallsy {l Wrote}:
Los {l Wrote}:BC fans are getting soft. Football is meant to be played in cold weather. I would not want this every year, but having a solid bowl slot that essentially amounts to an 8th home game against a semi-regional team the day or two after Christmas when absolutely nothing is going on anyway is 1000x better than a random bowl game against the MAC or Sun Belt in some chamber of commerce game in a flyover state.

Hard disagree. Part of the fun of bowl season is the potential for a team that BC would never schedule.

Memphis, SMU, Houston, and Tulsa are never coming here. (And if they do, it will draw 5k fans.) As others have said, I'm very skeptical of a Wake-ECU (who are an underrated annoying fanbase) game. This will turn into what the Military Bowl was at RFK but there's no option to move to Annapolis, because BC sure as hell won't be hosting a bowl at Alumni.

Years BC is in it, may as well host, it would increase capacity and give a real football stadium. (I know it aint happening)

Yankee stadium is a cold weather bowl that works for a myriad of reasons. Still not going in the cold.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 03, 2019 6:44 pm

The Yankee Stadium bowl is trash. Yankee fans don't go to Yankee Stadium
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium