2019 Offseason

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

2019 Offseason

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:23 am

Jimmy mac is staying, time to move on

Ky just announced he's leaving for the draft. Didn't mention whether he's hiring an agent or not (though i read that doesn't matter anymore?), the message sounded like he's gone IRregardless
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: 2019 Offseason

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:45 am

Our loss is Galatasaray's gain.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:07 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Jimmy mac is staying, time to move on

Ky just announced he's leaving for the draft. Didn't mention whether he's hiring an agent or not (though i read that doesn't matter anymore?), the message sounded like he's gone IRregardless

He signed with an agent. He's done.

With 4 kids coming in on scholarship that still leaves at least one currently eligible player that needs to go to make the schollies work. Ideally, with Chatman and Mez gone, Avery Wilson and Vin Baker Jr. would follow suit, which would allow for a transfer to help bolster what should be a young and raw but talented group of kids.

BC's roster is now loaded with Swings but really needs Bigs both now and in the next recruiting class.

Regardless of the transfer situation, BC will need two of the four incoming recruits to provide a Tabbs-like performance next year or this team will be shit. My guess is Heath and Felder are the best chances of that happening.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby cremins on Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:23 pm

loved watching ky and am happy for him but it was the worst case scenario for BC. he wasn't good enough to lead us to any postseason but he is still leaving early. same can be said for robinson. both great players but neither could lead us anywhere. ideally you want your early entry players to be on a couple of tournament teams with some building momentum. we have neither. think it shows that jimmy c is a bad coach and cant recruit enough talent to surround two good players
cremins
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:33 pm

As currently constructed, I'd be surprised if this team scored more than 60 ppg next season. I would imagine minutes would be something like this:

Heath - 30
Tabbs - 30
Herren Jr - 10
Jared Hamilton - 20
Risawin - 10
Jarius Hamilton - 20
Steph - 20
Felder - 20
Pop - 30
Reyes - 10

Unless they improve at offense, you simply cannot play Hamilton and Mitchell together. It'd also be nice if they found a guard so we don't need to rely on Herren Jr.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:37 pm

i just do not understand our program

the head coach just completed his 5th season with 0 postseason wins and the 2019-20 team looks like it wont win more than 4 acc games on paper
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:59 pm

I think there's a decent argument that Ky didn't fit very well into the team, but I also think that there's no one who can score other than Pop and Tabbs on the roster. Lots of pressure on the freshman class
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:38 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i just do not understand our program

the head coach just completed his 5th season with 0 postseason wins and the 2019-20 team looks like it wont win more than 4 acc games on paper

yup, it is this. recruits coming in may look/be decent, but roster management has been a total disaster.

build better facilities. the bullshit about not having enough recruiting budget or nutrition options is a slap in the face to real fans. :dildodog
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:40 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:i just do not understand our program

yup, it is this. recruits coming in may look/be decent, but roster management has been a total disaster.

build better facilities. the bullshit about not having enough recruiting budget or nutrition options is a slap in the face to real fans. :dildodog

The nutrition and budget won’t hurt, but has nothing to do with the gross roster mismanagement.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:28 pm

BC will be fine at guard and Hamilton needs to play a lot more than 20 minutes. Enough with Mitchell, 20 is way too much for a guy that can't play basketball.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Tabbs
Hamilton
Hamilton
Felder
Pop

This starting lineup isnt too bad. Mitchell should come off the bench as he can play 3-5 and Heath brings some much needed scoring off the bench that we havent had in a long time. Need Rishwain and the other kid coming in to be something decent. The rest of the returning team needs to pack it up and move on so we can bring in some 5th year guys to even have a chance. Wilson and Baker will get no burn here the next two years.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:00 pm

It's a decent starting lineup, but if anyone gets hurt it's all over, and there's very little proven scoring in there
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:33 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Tabbs
Hamilton
Hamilton
Felder
Pop

This starting lineup isnt too bad. Mitchell should come off the bench as he can play 3-5 and Heath brings some much needed scoring off the bench that we havent had in a long time. Need Rishwain and the other kid coming in to be something decent. The rest of the returning team needs to pack it up and move on so we can bring in some 5th year guys to even have a chance. Wilson and Baker will get no burn here the next two years.

That above lineup couldn't score to save their lives.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:35 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:BC will be fine at guard and Hamilton needs to play a lot more than 20 minutes. Enough with Mitchell, 20 is way too much for a guy that can't play basketball.

I don't disagree with you, but the staff loves him and he's going to play big minutes.

There's also the possibility he learns how to shoot this off-season.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:43 am

i'd be disappointed if they don't add a starting caliber guard, and they are thankfully pursuing transfers

steff's game has value but he can't play 25-30+ a night if he can't score

i think younger hamilton takes a big step forward this year
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:17 pm

Heath and tabbs getting 30 at guard works but who gets the other 20? Hamilton older.

Hamilton Pop Felder in front court with steph subbing at each.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:57 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:BC will be fine at guard and Hamilton needs to play a lot more than 20 minutes. Enough with Mitchell, 20 is way too much for a guy that can't play basketball.

I am admittedly one of the bigger Steff Mitchell fans.. but his on-ball defense, defensive IQ, toughness, motor and ability to snag a tough rebound puts him on the floor for as long as he likes in my book. If he develops a mid-range or three, bonus.

I also think you can play Jared Hamilton and Steff together, provided your other three players can score. Nothing wrong with having two elite defenders in the fold, but it has to balance. Let’s hope these other kids can score
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:02 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:As currently constructed, I'd be surprised if this team scored more than 60 ppg next season. I would imagine minutes would be something like this:

Heath - 30
Tabbs - 30
Herren Jr - 10
Jared Hamilton - 20
Risawin - 10
Jarius Hamilton - 20
Steph - 20
Felder - 20
Pop - 30
Reyes - 10

Unless they improve at offense, you simply cannot play Hamilton and Mitchell together. It'd also be nice if they found a guard so we don't need to rely on Herren Jr.

I see:

Tabbs 32
Jared Hamilton 24
Mitchell 30
Felder 28
Pop 32
—————
Jairus Hamilton 22-24
Heath 22-24
Herren Jr 5-8
Rishwain 3-5
Reyes 8

Looks like a 7-man rotation with some lite backup thrown in. Like somebody already said, an injury and we’re cooked
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:37 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

I am admittedly one of the bigger Steff Mitchell fans.. but his on-ball defense, defensive IQ, toughness, motor and ability to snag a tough rebound puts him on the floor for as long as he likes in my book. If he develops a mid-range or three, bonus.

I also think you can play Jared Hamilton and Steff together, provided your other three players can score. Nothing wrong with having two elite defenders in the fold, but it has to balance. Let’s hope these other kids can score

When we had 2 NBA players we could play 4 v 5 on offense. We can't play 3 v 5 on offense with no future NBA players.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:10 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I see:

Tabbs 32
Jared Hamilton 24
Mitchell 30
Felder 28
Pop 32
—————
Jairus Hamilton 22-24
Heath 22-24
Herren Jr 5-8
Rishwain 3-5
Reyes 8

Looks like a 7-man rotation with some lite backup thrown in. Like somebody already said, an injury and we’re cooked

that lineup would struggle to score 60
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:34 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I see:

Tabbs 32
Jared Hamilton 24
Mitchell 30
Felder 28
Pop 32
—————
Jairus Hamilton 22-24
Heath 22-24
Herren Jr 5-8
Rishwain 3-5
Reyes 8

that lineup would struggle to score 60

Couldn’t agree more. They may, however, hold a team below that. If we win next year, it’s via fistfight. We might wanna run the tight flex
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:36 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

When we had 2 NBA players we could play 4 v 5 on offense. We can't play 3 v 5 on offense with no future NBA players.

Not so simple I think. You can even run 2 on 5 offense, but if those two are a very good scoring guard and an adept big, you’re in business. Especially if others can hit an open 3. You can win games with pick and roll/pick and pop/pick and roll-drive and kick... especially if the rest of the team can guard IMO
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:58 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Not so simple I think. You can even run 2 on 5 offense, but if those two are a very good scoring guard and an adept big, you’re in business. Especially if others can hit an open 3. You can win games with pick and roll/pick and pop/pick and roll-drive and kick... especially if the rest of the team can guard IMO

We did this all year with Bowman and Pop. It worked miserably.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:07 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Yes but in fairness Pop doesn’t set great picks.. more of a one on one back to the basketball kind of scorer
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:25 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

He's also way overrated at defense and the other intangibles bullshit. He flat out sucks, but we want to like him like a puppy because he runs hard to his turnovers
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:26 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Jesus stop.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:27 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Yes but in fairness Pop doesn’t set great picks.. more of a one on one back to the basketball kind of scorer

Pop. Better than Turnovers Bowman
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:18 am

Pop is a rare example of this staff being competent. He came in raw and has improved every year. Makes it all the more frustrating that they can't do that with any other big
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby cremins on Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:24 am

not inconceivable that pop averages 18-19 a game next year and 8-9 rebounds without ky. hes going to get a couple of looks at g league and nba teams if he can do that. good for him.
on Christian, he has coached up three players who have improved a lot, ky, robinson and pop, but he just cant get the depth and his not a great in game coach.
cremins
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:47 pm

cremins {l Wrote}:not inconceivable that pop averages 18-19 a game next year and 8-9 rebounds without ky. hes going to get a couple of looks at g league and nba teams if he can do that. good for him.
on Christian, he has coached up three players who have improved a lot, ky, robinson and pop, but he just cant get the depth and his not a great in game coach.

I’ll argue Bowman and JRob were pretty good when they showed up.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum