UNC Game

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

UNC Game

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:00 am

BC got back to campus late last night due to the snow. Practiced at GT on Monday.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: UNC Game

Postby BC923 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:36 am

Gotta love how the ACC generally puts our biggest home game over spring break
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:44 am

steff looked pretty banged up, any idea what his shoulder injury is?

maybe tonight's the night tabbs comes bakc
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:10 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:steff looked pretty banged up, any idea what his shoulder injury is?

maybe tonight's the night tabbs comes bakc

Is this a new thing we do not get injury updates? :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:50 pm

no jairus, no tabbs

in the words of a certain mustachioed man, it could get ugly
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:57 pm

Why am I tuning in to this?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:08 pm

#3 team in the country visiting and there is nobody there
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:13 pm

What is it with UNC and annoying white offensive rebounding machines?
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:24 pm

Hunta518 {l Wrote}:What is it with UNC and annoying white offensive rebounding machines?

University of No Coloreds, at least in the old days
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:39 pm

Too much talent
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:45 pm

Coby White on Herren is not the matchup you want to see.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:03 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Too much talent

compared with zero talent

kudos to ky for not quitting on his teammates, half these players would get no run at other acc programs
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Manny on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:17 pm

I find Luke Maye unpleasant to look at. He gives off a kind of uncanny valley vibe. BC basketball is also unpleasant to behold.
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:18 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Too much talent

compared with zero talent

kudos to ky for not quitting on his teammates, half these players would get no run at other acc programs

There is a horrible talent deficiency here
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:06 pm

I’m willing to look past this game since UNC was comfortably in town before BC’s charter even got to Boston because of the snow.

With that said, there were like 75% Carolina fans there. Between the talent disparity and the turnout, the only word I can come up with is embarrassing.

This entire program needs to be reset top to bottom. A mid to bad recruiting class shouldn’t save a coach who just had to resort to playing Herren Jr 25 minutes against UNC. That’s an epic program level failure.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:16 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I’m willing to look past this game since UNC was comfortably in town before BC’s charter even got to Boston because of the snow.

With that said, there were like 75% Carolina fans there. Between the talent disparity and the turnout, the only word I can come up with is embarrassing.

This entire program needs to be reset top to bottom. A mid to bad recruiting class shouldn’t save a coach who just had to resort to playing Herren Jr 25 minutes against UNC. That’s an epic program level failure.

The people who only want to replace JC if we can land an elite coach are crazy. Dozens of midmajor guys could do what he is doing with the upside of maybe breaking through. Nine years as a P5 coach and JC has one winning season. I think he has shown what he can do.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:57 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I’m willing to look past this game since UNC was comfortably in town before BC’s charter even got to Boston because of the snow.

The people who only want to replace JC if we can land an elite coach are crazy. Dozens of midmajor guys could do what he is doing with the upside of maybe breaking through. Nine years as a P5 coach and JC has one winning season. I think he has shown what he can do.

The correct order of operations is:
1. Announce facilities improvements
2. Fire everyone associated with this basketball program. Everyone who has had anything to do with the last 10 years of this basketball program needs to go.
3. Hire high-end coach who's attracted by the low expectations here and the improved facilities

Replacing JC with some mid-major coach is just rearranging the chairs on the Titanic.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:16 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:The people who only want to replace JC if we can land an elite coach are crazy. Dozens of midmajor guys could do what he is doing with the upside of maybe breaking through. Nine years as a P5 coach and JC has one winning season. I think he has shown what he can do.

2. Fire everyone associated with this basketball program. Everyone who has had anything to do with the last 10 years of this basketball program needs to go.
3. Hire high-end coach who's attracted by the low expectations here and the improved facilities

Replacing JC with some mid-major coach is just rearranging the chairs on the Titanic.

This. However... if a facilities commitment is 5 years off (and it very well may be), then trying to catch lightning in the bottle with a young, unproven, yet promising coach isn't the worst strategy. Then, if we have a new president who cares about athletics, you can enact your 3-step process.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:22 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

even spinelli?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby sparky on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:04 pm

I think it makes sense to bring JC back next year. Understood that he's not an elite coach, but I don't think it's the right time to try and make a big splash with hoops (facilities mostly, but coach as well), because of changes coming down the pike with the NCAA and the G League. It might be a good idea to wait out the first couple of years of G League with elite players coming right out of high school to better assess the new landscape of college basketball. If it ultimately hurts the college game in general, maybe going all in on new hoops facilities isn't a good move at this juncture. I am just spitballing here admittedly, and part of the reason I am not all revved up on a potential new arena is because thinking about it after last night, I wonder if UNC fans really deserve a better facility to watch away games in at our expense.
sparky
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:05 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

even spinelli?

He and Cheeks are good coaches, but they both need to go. Total house cleaning.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:49 pm

sparky {l Wrote}:I think it makes sense to bring JC back next year. Understood that he's not an elite coach, but I don't think it's the right time to try and make a big splash with hoops (facilities mostly, but coach as well), because of changes coming down the pike with the NCAA and the G League. It might be a good idea to wait out the first couple of years of G League with elite players coming right out of high school to better assess the new landscape of college basketball. If it ultimately hurts the college game in general, maybe going all in on new hoops facilities isn't a good move at this juncture. I am just spitballing here admittedly, and part of the reason I am not all revved up on a potential new arena is because thinking about it after last night, I wonder if UNC fans really deserve a better facility to watch away games in at our expense.

If anything resembling a new arena is built, it would be for hockey, not hoops. Hockey would move to the new arena and the basketball programs would get the space in Conte formerly occupied by the hockey teams.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:23 pm

I'm not going to defend the performance last night. They should have slowed it down instead of trying to go up and down with Carolina. That said, they were without Tabbs and Hamilton, and Chatman and Mitchell are not 100%.

I still say you give him one more year with the class coming in and having Tabbs for a full season. If it's another sub-.500 season in the ACC then you let him go, but only if you are very confident in the replacement.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:29 am

seems like tabbs has been practicing this week so maybe we'll have a full lineup on saturday

appears we're locked into the 11/12 seed IRregardless which could mean a matchup with Wake, ND, or Pitt. If it's ND, no need for jimmy mac to pack a second suit
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:44 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:seems like tabbs has been practicing this week so maybe we'll have a full lineup on saturday

appears we're locked into the 11/12 seed IRregardless which could mean a matchup with Wake, ND, or Pitt. If it's ND, no need for jimmy mac to pack a second suit

11 would be ideal so we play at night.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum