Cuse Game

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Cuse Game

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:31 am

Random observations:
- Way too many 'Cuse fans even for a midweek game
- Starting Herren Jr, who would be fine as the 9th or 10th guy on the team, is an inditement for this coaching staff in Year 5. He looked like me trying to cover an ACC level guard.
- Battle went crazy. The older Hamilton is a great defender but it didn't seem to matter. Watching Bowman try to cover him was unpleasant, he is a terrible defender. I had a couple of people mention to me Bowman is gone after this year.
- The Chatman technical was amazing & bizarre all at once
- BC would've won this game with Tabbs. We really miss him
- It'd really be nice if the end of the bench wasn't so useless. There's an alarming amount of scholarship players who contribute nothing to this team. I'd rather see Luka play than Reyes
- This season is more or less over at 2-5.
- Sitting behind the bench our fearless leader doesn't do a stellar job of in-game coaching.

I'm intrigued by a starting 5 of Heath, Tabbs, Hamilton, Mitchell, Pop next year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:22 am

yeah while herren was a nice story for the first half of the year, he's certainly not ready for acc play (not exactly unsurprising for a walk on who accelerated a year). regardless him and chatman on the floor at the same time means we might have the worst rebounding team in division 1.

there are so many whiffs on this team and i imagine we'll see some attrition IRregardless of a coaching change this offseason. i guess luka over jc because jc is in his 5th year here and still is what he is.

apparently ky is gone (if he has an opportunity to earn a living whether here or abroad good for him). that does bring us back to square 1 though with some nice pieces but a team ticketed for a tuesday game in the acc tourney.

marty j will have another opportunity to show how committed he & bc is to competing for championships in about 6 weeks.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:20 am

the recruits for next year appear to be acc caliber players based on offer lists at least. So even losing Bowman, I have to think the team will be deeper and more athletic. But there is a still a huge front court hole and JC is still not the answer at coach. All things considered, Jarmond should be working the back channels looking for a real coach who is interested in the job and if he can find someone JC should be canned.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:43 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:the recruits for next year appear to be acc caliber players based on offer lists at least. So even losing Bowman, I have to think the team will be deeper and more athletic. But there is a still a huge front court hole and JC is still not the answer at coach. All things considered, Jarmond should be working the back channels looking for a real coach who is interested in the job and if he can find someone JC should be canned.

So next year you're looking at:
- Starting 5: Heath, Tabbs, Hamilton, Mitchell, Pop
- Useful Bench Pieces: Hamilton (older), Felder (his energy & athleticism would be useful alone)
- Unknown: Rishwain, Williams

The above is intriguing, but is very thin and probably not very good in the realm of the ACC.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:44 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:mez not even dressing anymore? :laugh

I was mocked when I said this about Caudill (and I was right)

They're probably redshirting him so he can graduate from BC and play a 5th year at a place where he'll get on the court
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:24 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:the recruits for next year appear to be acc caliber players based on offer lists at least. So even losing Bowman, I have to think the team will be deeper and more athletic. But there is a still a huge front court hole and JC is still not the answer at coach. All things considered, Jarmond should be working the back channels looking for a real coach who is interested in the job and if he can find someone JC should be canned.

So next year you're looking at:
- Starting 5: Heath, Tabbs, Hamilton, Mitchell, Pop
- Useful Bench Pieces: Hamilton (older), Felder (his energy & athleticism would be useful alone)
- Unknown: Rishwain, Williams

The above is intriguing, but is very thin and probably not very good in the realm of the ACC.

exactly. IMO, not worth worrying about attrition from this collection as a basis to keep Christian. commit to a timeline to build new basketball facilities that the new coach can sell and hire a coach who can actually succeed in the ACC. it has been 10 years of absolute purgatory for this program.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:28 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

They're probably redshirting him so he can graduate from BC and play a 5th year at a place where he'll get on the court

I think he's actually injured.

Mez would be a useful piece for a mid-major.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:42 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

I think he's actually injured.

Mez would be a useful piece for a midmicro-major.

Fixed. You of all people should know that.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:58 am

i know it's nags hoops but seems like jarmond hired a good one for that program. more wins in acc than previous 3 years and january just ended with a team of no seniors.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:28 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i know it's nags hoops but seems like jarmond hired a good one for that program. more wins in acc than previous 3 years and january just ended with a team of no seniors.

She does seem to be doing a great job. Hopefully that gives him some confidence to move on MBB
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:35 am

Is Tabbs playing today?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:06 pm

Wasn’t he on crutches a couple of days ago?
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:56 pm

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:Wasn’t he on crutches a couple of days ago?

Yep

The issue with BC (and I didn’t watch yesterday) is they are easy to defend. 2 sometimes 3 guys on offense you literally don’t have to defend. How has Mitchell been on campus for almost 2 full years and have a shot that looks like that? The older Hamilton is throwing shots up there with side spin. Herren Jr has Bowman’s confidence and my jump shot.

The player development under both Beeker and JC has been terrible. Popovic has really improved, but that’s more about him putting in the work.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum