Injuries

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Injuries

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:40 am

Before JC tries to pitch this line to save his job, ND played 6 players (minus their 2 best ones) and still beat BC.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: Injuries

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:34 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Before JC tries to pitch this line to save his job, ND played 6 players (minus their 2 best ones) and still beat BC.

In fairness to Christian, I don't think I have heard him make excuses like the Heinz Hammer.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:32 pm

Yeah maybe it's because I don't listen as much, but Christian at least seems like he takes responsibility. Seemed as surprised as we were that he got the job
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby sparky on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:10 pm

Ultimately I agree. You're right. But that game also featured that Mooney guy having the game of his life, and a sentimental subplot about that old Notre Dame guy that beat Lew Alcindor in high school getting his number retired with his Sister Jean era coach sitting beside him. It was like a Nicholas Sparks movie the way the announcers talked about it, and the refs seemed more than happy to play their roles. At least, that's the way I felt after watching the game on Saturday. To your point though, yeah, if you had exactly equal teams being coached by Brey and Christian, I think Brey is winning over 85% of the time. He's a phenomenal coach, and ND is very fortunate to have him. I have a feeling Christian is not quite a lame duck and will be back again, so I am still pulling for him and the kids. Does that mean I am guilty of being one of the fans who has over emphasized the injury situation. Absolutely, I have, and I kinda know I have. I know he turned things around a lot faster, but Skinner had some miserable seasons in the beginning. Who knows, maybe Christian catches a little lightning in the bottle with a couple of under rated recruits, the ball bounces the right way in a few key games, and next year brings us Jared Dudley level excitement. That's what I am hoping for.
sparky
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:21 am

sparky {l Wrote}:Ultimately I agree. You're right. But that game also featured that Mooney guy having the game of his life, and a sentimental subplot about that old Notre Dame guy that beat Lew Alcindor in high school getting his number retired with his Sister Jean era coach sitting beside him. It was like a Nicholas Sparks movie the way the announcers talked about it, and the refs seemed more than happy to play their roles. At least, that's the way I felt after watching the game on Saturday. To your point though, yeah, if you had exactly equal teams being coached by Brey and Christian, I think Brey is winning over 85% of the time. He's a phenomenal coach, and ND is very fortunate to have him. I have a feeling Christian is not quite a lame duck and will be back again, so I am still pulling for him and the kids. Does that mean I am guilty of being one of the fans who has over emphasized the injury situation. Absolutely, I have, and I kinda know I have. I know he turned things around a lot faster, but Skinner had some miserable seasons in the beginning. Who knows, maybe Christian catches a little lightning in the bottle with a couple of under rated recruits, the ball bounces the right way in a few key games, and next year brings us Jared Dudley level excitement. That's what I am hoping for.

If you’re about to be 14-60 in the ACC you should be dead man walking. Either way, unless they’re prepared to pay $2-3 million for a real basketball coach BC might as well just let this idiot stay and lose games cheaply.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:58 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
sparky {l Wrote}:Ultimately I agree. You're right. But that game also featured that Mooney guy having the game of his life, and a sentimental subplot about that old Notre Dame guy that beat Lew Alcindor in high school getting his number retired with his Sister Jean era coach sitting beside him. It was like a Nicholas Sparks movie the way the announcers talked about it, and the refs seemed more than happy to play their roles. At least, that's the way I felt after watching the game on Saturday. To your point though, yeah, if you had exactly equal teams being coached by Brey and Christian, I think Brey is winning over 85% of the time. He's a phenomenal coach, and ND is very fortunate to have him. I have a feeling Christian is not quite a lame duck and will be back again, so I am still pulling for him and the kids. Does that mean I am guilty of being one of the fans who has over emphasized the injury situation. Absolutely, I have, and I kinda know I have. I know he turned things around a lot faster, but Skinner had some miserable seasons in the beginning. Who knows, maybe Christian catches a little lightning in the bottle with a couple of under rated recruits, the ball bounces the right way in a few key games, and next year brings us Jared Dudley level excitement. That's what I am hoping for.

If you’re about to be 14-60 in the ACC you should be dead man walking. Either way, unless they’re prepared to pay $2-3 million for a real basketball coach BC might as well just let this idiot stay and lose games cheaply.

If we're not upping the budget quite significantly, firing Christian is just condemning us to another rebuild before we again level out to current levels of mediocrity

A place like BC needs to pay above market to get anyone with real options
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:16 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

If we're not upping the budget quite significantly, firing Christian is just condemning us to another rebuild before we again level out to current levels of mediocrity

A place like BC needs to pay above market to get anyone with real options

The above is why I don't attend BC Basketball games anymore.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:57 pm

I think it is funny that someone can use mediocrity and BC basketball in a sentence together with a straight face. A complete rebuild would smoke this shitty team.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think it is funny that someone can use mediocrity and BC basketball in a sentence together with a straight face. A complete rebuild would smoke this shitty team.

It's not that funny

I have way funnier posts
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:02 pm

Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Return to Conte Forum