DePaul

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: DePaul

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:34 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Providence redux. Will he foul?

JC did it right this time.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:35 pm

tabbs is damn good

good win considering they couldn't hit a shot to save their lives
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:36 pm

Solid win. 1 more possible W before ACC play. Could we go 6-10 in conference play or is that wishful thinking?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:37 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Solid win. 1 more possible W before ACC play. Could we go 6-10 in conference play or is that wishful thinking?

At points during this game, I was wondering if they might go 0-18 again. 6 wins seems optimistic, but I think they miss Chatman more than I thought they would.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Bowman is fucking terrible.

He needs to stay another year, as he's been playing himself into UFA status.

He's allergic to defense.

Id rather he leaves.

After driving into a double-team in the corner late, and then throwing the ball up for grabs towards the half-court, I can't say that you're wrong.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:42 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

He’s doing a lot of defense for show 40 feet out on the perimeter but is getting abused close to the hoop and off the ball. He’s too good of an athlete for this. Effort or focus issue.

His turnover issues just kill this team at PG

Yup. Lots of bad decisions. The lack of a real pg has been a problem for years
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:42 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Solid win. 1 more possible W before ACC play. Could we go 6-10 in conference play or is that wishful thinking?

At points during this game, I was wondering if they might go 0-18 again. 6 wins seems optimistic, but I think they miss Chatman more than I thought they would.

At least he's helping to expand the BC brand in China.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:45 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

i think you're overestimating the bottom of the conf
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:47 pm

If Hamilton eats a few cheeseburger subs does he become Rakim Sanders?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:08 pm

We didn't play well, but I've watched BC lose that game for 10 years in a row now, so I'll take the win.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:39 pm

Dickey Simpkins had numerous Golden Eagles mentions. I would give him credit for trolling, but I don't think he actually knows the correct mascot.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:58 pm

What teams can we possibly beat in conference play?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:31 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

i think you're overestimating the bottom of the conf

The bottom of the ACC is every bit as crappy as BC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:33 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

He’s doing a lot of defense for show 40 feet out on the perimeter but is getting abused close to the hoop and off the ball. He’s too good of an athlete for this. Effort or focus issue.

He makes just horrific decisions most the times.

He’s played awful this year making me wonder if he’s hurt
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:45 pm

We played terrible, and Depaul is not a good team. But this BC team didn't quit late in the game so kudos to pulling off the win. :angrychicken
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:24 pm

I see we're doing the thing we did to Hanlan and Robinson to Bowman now
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:31 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

He makes just horrific decisions most the times.

He’s played awful this year making me wonder if he’s hurt

He didn’t look hurt today. He was getting a lot of double teams today. Think he is missing Robinson and the attention he got from opponents.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:06 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I see we're doing the thing we did to Hanlan and Robinson to Bowman now

In order for BC to make the NCAAs they needed those players to step up. Never happened with any of them
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:58 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I see we're doing the thing we did to Hanlan and Robinson to Bowman now

Never been a Bowman fan. Him handling the ball against good teams just confirmed it. Play SG.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eaglecaddy on Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:38 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Dickey Simpkins had numerous Golden Eagles mentions. I would give him credit for trolling, but I don't think he actually knows the correct mascot.

I do not know if someone or lots of people tweeted at him, direct messaged, BC media person said something or a BC grad working the telecast told him but he eventually apologized.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:51 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:We played terrible, and Depaul is not a good team. But this BC team didn't quit late in the game so kudos to pulling off the win. :angrychicken

+5 Matt. BC loses this game at anytime over the last 5 years. They get it done. Merry Christmas
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:53 pm

I don't think 6 is too much to ask. Maybe they win 8?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Primetime on Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:14 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

I think the 6-8 range is likely.

Hoping for more, but a lot depends on health...Chatman and Mitchell need to be full strength. If not, we're back to the same old treadmill that we're on year after year (last year with the Hawkins injury)...we just can't bring in AND develop AND retain enough talent to win consistently in the ACC.

Somebody mentioned NCAAs above...gonna be tough with the Providence loss, and we missed a chance for a road win at a very beatable Texas A&M team.
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:35 pm

Primetime {l Wrote}:

Hoping for more, but a lot depends on health...Chatman and Mitchell need to be full strength. If not, we're back to the same old treadmill that we're on year after year (last year with the Hawkins injury)...we just can't bring in AND develop AND retain enough talent to win consistently in the ACC.

Somebody mentioned NCAAs above...gonna be tough with the Providence loss, and we missed a chance for a road win at a very beatable Texas A&M team.

If we went 20-13 before Selection Sunday, would we be in the tournament or in the NIT again? i think it'll be difficult for us to get more than 16 wins total going into the conf tourney, since we only have Pop/Mitchell/HamiltonTheYounger in the frontcourt. i think our back court is set, we're ~5 guards deep: Ky Tabbs n' Chatman to start with HamiltonTheOlder and Herren off the bench? Means no more VBJ.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:43 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:
Primetime {l Wrote}:

If we went 20-13 before Selection Sunday, would we be in the tournament or in the NIT again?

Not-In-Tournament

The ACC has had teams win 22 and have been stuck in the NIT. It doesn't happen very often (maybe only once or twice) but it has happened. 20 wins? Meh. Not likely to get into March Madness with that Resume.

They have to finish 10-2 OOC and go (minimum) 8-8 in conf and win at least 3 in the ACC tourney or they can probably forget it.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Primetime on Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:00 am

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:
Primetime {l Wrote}:

If we went 20-13 before Selection Sunday, would we be in the tournament or in the NIT again?

Not-In-Tournament

The ACC has had teams win 22 and have been stuck in the NIT. It doesn't happen very often (maybe only once or twice) but it has happened. 20 wins? Meh. Not likely to get into March Madness with that Resume.

They have to finish 10-2 OOC and go (minimum) 8-8 in conf and win at least 3 in the ACC tourney or they can probably forget it.

Correct. Last year ND (21-15) and Louisville (22-14) were both in the NIT.

ACC pecking order probably matters as much as anything...need to beat the teams around you on the bubble since I don't think the ACC gets more than 9 bids.

Agree that .500 in conference (9-9) prob gets them in, maybe with just 2 tourney wins (would skip the first round, have to make the semifinal). Just sucks that a game like Providence could be the difference where the margins are razor thin.
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:43 am

Primetime {l Wrote}:
Not-In-Tournament

Correct. Last year ND (21-15) and Louisville (22-14) were both in the NIT.

ACC pecking order probably matters as much as anything...need to beat the teams around you on the bubble since I don't think the ACC gets more than 9 bids.

Agree that .500 in conference (9-9) prob gets them in, maybe with just 2 tourney wins (would skip the first round, have to make the semifinal). Just sucks that a game like Providence could be the difference where the margins are razor thin.

and IUPUI.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Bumpers on Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Never been a Bowman fan. Him handling the ball against good teams just confirmed it. Play SG.

The Bowman quandary: What do you do with a guard who can neither dribble, pass nor shoot well and generally plays out-of-control?

Answer: the NBA.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:26 pm

Bumpers {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The Bowman quandary: What do you do with a guard who can neither dribble, pass nor shoot well and generally plays out-of-control?

Answer: the NBA.

Play him at SG
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum