Other games thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Other games thread

Postby bcshater on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:58 pm

Army 10 Navy 7 with about 7 minutes left. Navy just scored. Always a must watch game.

North Dakota St. was ahead of Colgate 28-0 when I stopped watching that game. In another FCS playoff game Maine defeated Weber St. yesterday.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Re: Other games thread

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:41 am

I don’t think folks care much about the Heisman anymore. But, the idea that 2 Oklahoma QBs would win the award in consecutive seasons shows: voters only look at stats and Big12 doesn’t play D. At some point, it will boomerang... but, for now, Kyler Murray will secure his place in history as an oft-forgotten answer to a trivia question.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:43 am

As for America’s Game, I will forever believe that the ACC missed a massive opportunity when they chose Louisville over Army and Navy.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:37 am

Murray is a hell of a player that can make very tough throws. Sure the big 12 doesn't play defense, but it's not like he doesn't deserve the award at all.

Agree about army/navy. Monken has done a great job at West Point turning things around the past few years.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:44 am

As always, another great game between Army and Navy. Every American really ought to see it live at least once in their lives. As for the Heisman, does anyone care about it anymore? I can’t recall the last time I watched it and at the Christmas Party I was at last night—in a room full of sports fans—most couldn’t remember that Baker Mayfield won last year and no one could name the last five winners. Twenty-five years ago, I guarantee that would not have been the case.

The truth is the Heisman completely died when they started awarding it to flash-in-the-pan Freshmen running gimmick offenses and the Big 12 turned into a sad joke. The Heisman should probably have been retired when the Downtown Athletic Club died. Now it is just another one of the awful Home Depot/ESPN axis of irrelevancy awards. On a positive note, with Nick Saban having a month to break him down, it is going to be amusing watching Alabama break Kyle Murray. I think there is a very good chance he leaves on a stretcher and never plays college football again (resining hisbbaseball career).
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:05 am

In fairness, Mayfield was also the number one pick and is by far the best potential pro of this QB class.

Murray wouldn't have won if Tua didn't keep getting hurt at the end. Then this wouldn't have been an issue.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:51 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:In fairness, Mayfield was also the number one pick and is by far the best potential pro of this QB class.

Murray wouldn't have won if Tua didn't keep getting hurt at the end. Then this wouldn't have been an issue.

and mayfield put up 45 in regulation against georgia
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcshater on Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:59 pm

Anyone catch the end of the Patriots game? Gronk as the safety at the end of the game not the best of Belichick's decisions, even the best of coaches have mental lapses. Big loss by the Pats. Devastating defeat in the House of Horrors when they play in Miami.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:16 pm

bcshater {l Wrote}:Anyone catch the end of the Patriots game? Gronk as the safety at the end of the game not the best of Belichick's decisions, even the best of coaches have mental lapses. Big loss by the Pats. Devastating defeat in the House of Horrors when they play in Miami.

From a missed XP and FG, to an inexcusable sack at the end of the 1st half by Brady, to kicking the FG from inside the 5 instead of running it on 4th down, to putting Gronk in when the Hail Mary isn't an option, just a terrible performance and loss by the Pats. With all that said, the standings haven't changed. Neither has rhe fact that they're not very good and aren't going to the SB anyways.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:44 pm

Pat's are actually a lot better than their record for the first time in 20 years. They still aren't going to the Super Bowl. Josh McDaniels is stealing money at this point.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:15 pm

Troy just ran a perfect onside kick.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:18 am

ESPN pulling all the stops for their primetime broadcast of the Orange Bowl. Daz and Herm both in the Coaching Room for that game. That's ESPN's top analyst duo.
https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-rele ... emifinals/
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:24 am

HJS {l Wrote}:ESPN pulling all the stops for their primetime broadcast of the Orange Bowl. Daz and Herm both in the Coaching Room for that game. That's ESPN's top analyst duo.

That’s a good lineup for the orange bowl: Patterson, herm, Daz, and the Boise State coach.
It will be interesting if Daz and Harsin comment at all about the 10mins of play that happened in their game during breaks in play. I’ll def tune in to watch the film room; I find it to be an interesting way to watch the games.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:59 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:ESPN pulling all the stops for their primetime broadcast of the Orange Bowl. Daz and Herm both in the Coaching Room for that game. That's ESPN's top analyst duo.

That’s a good lineup for the orange bowl: Patterson, herm, Daz, and the Boise State coach.
It will be interesting if Daz and Harsin comment at all about the 10mins of play that happened in their game during breaks in play. I’ll def tune in to watch the film room; I find it to be an interesting way to watch the games.

Conversely, the Cotton Bowl has a miserable coaching room. Paul Johnson doesn't talk. Mack Brown was terrible when it was his actual job. Dave Clawson and Mike Norvell are non-entities.

ESPN clearly doesn't think much of the Clemson-ND match-up. They are supplementing their terrible coaches room with their B-list announcers. I kinda find that weird because I think the Cotton Bowl will be a competitive game (whereas Bama will be a blow-out as B12 teams don't know what to do against teams that have guys who play D).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:19 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Conversely, the Cotton Bowl has a miserable coaching room. Paul Johnson doesn't talk. Mack Brown was terrible when it was his actual job. Dave Clawson and Mike Norvell are non-entities.

ESPN clearly doesn't think much of the Clemson-ND match-up. They are supplementing their terrible coaches room with their B-list announcers. I kinda find that weird because I think the Cotton Bowl will be a competitive game (whereas Bama will be a blow-out as B12 teams don't know what to do against teams that have guys who play D).

This is true, but as far as ratings go heisman winner against Bama trumps pretty much anything because most people don't know anything
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:10 pm

Auburn is challenging USMA for worst brutalization of an opponent. 56-7 with 2 min left in the 2nd Q.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/ga ... =401032073
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:22 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Auburn is challenging USMA for worst brutalization of an opponent. 56-7 with 2 min left in the 2nd Q.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/ga ... =401032073

I believe Auburn is 8/8. Eight possessions and eight touchdowns. And amazingly, they've had the ball for less than 11 minutes. Purdue is winning the all important time of possession battle by about 8 minutes.

EDIT - 7/7 and a defensive TD.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium