Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:11 pm

Kliff Kingsbury is getting the USC job.

Daz is picking next year’s OC.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:27 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:Folks are delusional if they think we could even get a guy like Day or Carmichael. They have hitched their wagons to Meyer and Payton respectively and Day will eventually get a bigger name program and Carmichael will get a look from any NFL teams that fire their coach.

We're looking at a retread like Jeff Tedford or someone like that. Mike Norvell would be interesting but I think he's probably got his eyes on a better gig as well.

All that said...Daz is not going anywhere this year.

Jeff Tedford is a FBS head coach.
Why would he leave that job to become an OC?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:15 am

Matt Wells to Texas Tech

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25412562/texas-tech-red-raiders-hiring-matt-wells-utah-state-aggies

Not the least bit surprising he got a real gig. Utah State has been an absolute monster under Wells. Probably had the best team this year than they have ever had in Utah State history, including all the years with a certain actor from Little House on the Prairie.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby flakes on Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:33 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:Folks are delusional if they think we could even get a guy like Day or Carmichael. They have hitched their wagons to Meyer and Payton respectively and Day will eventually get a bigger name program and Carmichael will get a look from any NFL teams that fire their coach.

We're looking at a retread like Jeff Tedford or someone like that. Mike Norvell would be interesting but I think he's probably got his eyes on a better gig as well.

Jeff Tedford is a FBS head coach.
Why would he leave that job to become an OC?

I was talking strictly head coach. I am well-prepared for an incredibly underwhelming OC.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby 2014 Eagle on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:18 am

I remember the days when FHCRD was a joke because nobody wanted him
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:33 am

Don Brown remains the best and most logical choice to replace Daz. He can bring in Mark Whipple as OC. Both will work for salaries that BC is willing to pay. We can get 8-10 years of excellent coaching, build back the fan base and continue to improve the facilities. Both are a huge upgrade over Daz and SL.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:51 am

Mel Tucker (Georgia DC) looks like the next HC at Colorado.

This is a really lame coaching year.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:53 am

http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-s ... lege-2019/

They're confused as to what exactly is going on with the contract situation too, but this is about as good of a source as you'll get until we hear anything.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:05 am

I am certain that Daz is back (unless he leaves on his own). I’d be surprised with any extension. 1yr does nothing for recruiting. However, I do believe he will struggle replacing coaches.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:48 pm

In a nutshell what you are saying is that once again we have an incompetent AD, President and BOT.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:14 pm

Football Scoop reporting that Paul Peterson has been offered and will accept a DII HC job at Dixie State in Utah. Good to see a BC guy keep moving up the ranks
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:48 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I am certain that Daz is back (unless he leaves on his own). I’d be surprised with any extension. 1yr does nothing for recruiting. However, I do believe he will struggle replacing coaches.

He will be back and there will be no extension. He has two years on his contract and the $5.5 million he will be earning (in total) over the next two years have the very likelihood of being the last $5.5 million he will ever earn in his lifetime. This was his retirement job.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:52 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I am certain that Daz is back (unless he leaves on his own). I’d be surprised with any extension. 1yr does nothing for recruiting. However, I do believe he will struggle replacing coaches.

He will be back and there will be no extension. He has two years on his contract and the $5.5 million he will be earning (in total) over the next two years have the very likelihood of being the last $5.5 million he will ever earn in his lifetime. This was his retirement job.

Care to place a friendly signature wager on it, good sir?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

No sir.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:34 pm

With Purdue now paying 6 million per year, BC will not compete for coaches like Ryan Day. If BC is not willing to eat two years of Daz’s contract, that is a sign that they are not serious about winning the ACC. Whether Leahy likes it or not the new salary level to get top level coaching for mid tier programs is being set by Purdue. Others will follow over the next few years. This is why I have been suggesting Don Brown. He will take the 2.5 million per year and nobody will try to steal him due to his age.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:12 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

Place it with huang. He can change nospace’s signature. Huang got the password while balls deep in nospace’s belly button
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:14 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:With Purdue now paying 6 million per year, BC will not compete for coaches like Ryan Day. If BC is not willing to eat two years of Daz’s contract, that is a sign that they are not serious about winning the ACC. Whether Leahy likes it or not the new salary level to get top level coaching for mid tier programs is being set by Purdue. Others will follow over the next few years. This is why I have been suggesting Don Brown. He will take the 2.5 million per year and nobody will try to steal him due to his age.

and he will lose any big game he is favored, as is his history.

go back to talking about filling in the corners and licking windows. it’s more your speed
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:30 am

Loeffler hired Louie Addazio as TE coach
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:32 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:Loeffler hired Louie Addazio as TE coach

i'm trying to decide if that is funny or sad
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:35 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

I'm going with funny
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:01 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:

I'm going with funny

I’m going with predictable
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:14 am

Funny for us. Sad for Bowling Green.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:49 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:Football Scoop reporting that Paul Peterson has been offered and will accept a DII HC job at Dixie State in Utah. Good to see a BC guy keep moving up the ranks

It's official. He was 18-2 in his two years as HC at Snow. Even more impressive was his previous record as OC

Prior to his time at Snow College, Peterson spent five years (2012-17) as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at NCAA Division I FCS Sacramento State. As the offensive coordinator for the Hornets, Peterson helped produce some of the most impressive numbers in school history. The 2014 team set or tied nine school single-season records, including total points (458), points per game (38.2), touchdowns (60) and total yards (5,780).

But why get, a young, exciting, quarterback, offense oriented coach when there are so many boring, over the hill, old, experienced, grind it out retreads available?
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:56 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:Football Scoop reporting that Paul Peterson has been offered and will accept a DII HC job at Dixie State in Utah. Good to see a BC guy keep moving up the ranks

It's official. He was 18-2 in his two years as HC at Snow. Even more impressive was his previous record as OC

Prior to his time at Snow College, Peterson spent five years (2012-17) as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at NCAA Division I FCS Sacramento State. As the offensive coordinator for the Hornets, Peterson helped produce some of the most impressive numbers in school history. The 2014 team set or tied nine school single-season records, including total points (458), points per game (38.2), touchdowns (60) and total yards (5,780).

But why get, a young, exciting, quarterback, offense oriented coach when there are so many boring, over the hill, old, experienced, grind it out retreads available?

in fairness, paulpete probably doesn't want the heinz hammer greaseballing all over his very attractive wife
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:02 pm

Probably the highlight of TOB's time at the Heights...

From the where are they now addition...
https://snowbadgers.com/staff.aspx?staf ... obile=skip

They will be streaming the intro presser on Wednesday, 2pm Utah time.
https://dixiestateathletics.com/news/20 ... coach.aspx
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:28 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

From the where are they now addition...
https://snowbadgers.com/staff.aspx?staf ... obile=skip

she looks pretty good considering she's squeezed out 18 kids in the last 12 years
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eaglesmith on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:06 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:

I think the equipment managers at Alabama make more than Paul Pete is going to make as HC at Dixie State...

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/dixie/ ... edWindow=0
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:46 pm

Louisville hiring Satterfield. I think he'll do a good job there
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:31 pm

UMass hires FSU OC Walt Bell, well thought of in some circles, with no ties to the area at all. Will be interesting to see if he can do anything in one of the toughest jobs in the country.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:40 am

Urban officially retiring, Ryan Day to take over
BC923
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium