Loeffler to Bowling Green

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Loeffler to Bowling Green

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:36 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:Were the run plays Loeffler's or Dazzoo's fault?

How about two TEs on 3rd-and-long?

On 3rd and 10 in the 4th Quarter against Syracuse we had 2 TEs in line and 1 more in the slot on one play...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:37 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Look for former WKU guy Mike Sanford to get a look.

He's young, so Sarge will feel more comfortable bullying him.

But does he like to crack the rock?

does it matter? loeffler didn't like to crack the rock but was forced into it by the heinz hammer. the next guy will run into the same brick wall and leave in a year or two after being overly frustrated and doubting that he still knows anything about the game of football.

and maybe loeffler is just a big fruit of the loom fan and wanted to move closer to their headquarters...

This is factually incorrect. The QB whisperer has always been a fan of cracking the rock himself and it drove VA Tech fans crazy. Basically all the stupid shit he did here (running always on 1st down, etc.) He did back there as well. Do a Google search and you can see all the Vitriol tech fans had toward him. I don’t believe this Heights agenda story whatsoever. I don’t think Daz ever took control of the offense Because in reality these two clowns are on the same page to begin with. The article was probably taken down because it was factually inaccurate. What’s that they say about the simple solution is prob the right one? But that doesn’t fit the Daz is to blame agenda. Daz has a lot we can blame him for but to make shit up and then push it as truth is fucked in my opinion. Bottom line is our OL sucked balls this year and Dillon had nothing after the injury. Had nothing to do with coaching ultimatums or whatever. That said, we should have won 9 games this year and for this reason, I am glad that Loeffler has found other employment. Shaking up the coordinators is the best we can hope for short of firing Daz.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:43 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

On 3rd and 10 in the 4th Quarter against Syracuse we had 2 TEs in line and 1 more in the slot on one play...

It’s not the number of TEs vs WRs... it is the predictability and failure to make adjustments. When you run on 1st down 90% of the time, it’s pretty easy to defend that regardless if you got 4WRs or 3TEs.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Bumpers on Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:26 am

I would just like to take this opportunity to make the case for Gary Tranquill.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:30 am

Bumpers {l Wrote}:I would just like to take this opportunity to make the case for Gary Tranquill.

Is he alive
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:53 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:I would just like to take this opportunity to make the case for Gary Tranquill.

Is he alive

was he alive when he coached for us?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:16 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

It’s not the number of TEs vs WRs... it is the predictability and failure to make adjustments. When you run on 1st down 90% of the time, it’s pretty easy to defend that regardless if you got 4WRs or 3TEs.

It's absolutely the number of TEs. An overwhelmingly number of them on our roster are slow, can't get open, and can do nothing with the ball after they catch it. A WR could at least conceivably make someone miss.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:24 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Is he alive

was he alive when he coached for us?

Yes because Spaz and Gene aren't clever or motivated enough to successfully "Weekend at Bernie's" for 2 years
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby NEUBCfan on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:29 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Another problem with using TE heavy formations is you need the QB to indentify mismatches pre-snap and create those mismatches via motion and audible when they don’t initially present themselves. Identifying and creating those mismatches in an up tempo offense is difficult.

I don’t see much of any of this pre-snap activity. Instead, we snap quickly and run bootlegs that take the inexperienced QB’s eyes/focus away from his reads and force him to make quicker decisions or force the ball to his first or second look.
NEUBCfan
n00b

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:39 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

First... it is never bad for BC to have a coach get a better job. It allows us to continue hiring quality folks.
Second... I think this is a loss. Daz had some comfort level with Loeffler and (for a time) seemed to have surrendered control. It is largely assumed that when the offense suddenly/inexplicably became stilted, it was Dazoo interjecting himself into the process. With a new OC and his job on the line, Daziani will be running the show offensively.
Third... if Daz stays on, it will be very difficult to replace Loeffler as EVERYONE knows that he is a lameduck.

The coach that needs to go is Reid. I would love for Dazoo to give his old friend DJ Durkin a lifeline to rehab his career. I also think the Trautwein promotion did not work and should end like yesterday. Finally, I question whether Antoine Smith is the guy who can tape together a competent DL next year. But, again, if Daz is here... it will be hard to hire assistants.

1. BC would never let Durkin happen. He’s way too hot right now (but not in a good way).

To err is human, to forgive is divine. We're a fucking Jesuit institution for Christ's sake. I say, bring him on.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:52 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

First... it is never bad for BC to have a coach get a better job. It allows us to continue hiring quality folks.
Second... I think this is a loss. Daz had some comfort level with Loeffler and (for a time) seemed to have surrendered control. It is largely assumed that when the offense suddenly/inexplicably became stilted, it was Dazoo interjecting himself into the process. With a new OC and his job on the line, Daziani will be running the show offensively.
Third... if Daz stays on, it will be very difficult to replace Loeffler as EVERYONE knows that he is a lameduck.

The coach that needs to go is Reid. I would love for Dazoo to give his old friend DJ Durkin a lifeline to rehab his career. I also think the Trautwein promotion did not work and should end like yesterday. Finally, I question whether Antoine Smith is the guy who can tape together a competent DL next year. But, again, if Daz is here... it will be hard to hire assistants.

1. BC would never let Durkin happen. He’s way too hot right now (but not in a good way).

To err is human, to forgive is divine. We're a fucking Jesuit institution for Christ's sake. I say, bring him on.

yeah, it's not like he killed any... wait a minute
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:01 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

1. BC would never let Durkin happen. He’s way too hot right now (but not in a good way).[/quote

If he goes to confession and does a few our fathers and an act of contrition he's all set.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:38 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

If he goes to confession and does a few our fathers and an act of contrition he's all set.

unlike sins of the quote function, which can never be forgiven
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:57 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

1. BC would never let Durkin happen. He’s way too hot right now (but not in a good way).[/quote

It's OK to kill someone if you're at a Catholic University. See Kelly, Brian.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby durkcal on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:10 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

But does he like to crack the rock?

does it matter? loeffler didn't like to crack the rock but was forced into it by the heinz hammer. the next guy will run into the same brick wall and leave in a year or two after being overly frustrated and doubting that he still knows anything about the game of football.

and maybe loeffler is just a big fruit of the loom fan and wanted to move closer to their headquarters...

This is factually incorrect. The QB whisperer has always been a fan of cracking the rock himself and it drove VA Tech fans crazy. Basically all the stupid shit he did here (running always on 1st down, etc.) He did back there as well. Do a Google search and you can see all the Vitriol tech fans had toward him. I don’t believe this Heights agenda story whatsoever. I don’t think Daz ever took control of the offense Because in reality these two clowns are on the same page to begin with. The article was probably taken down because it was factually inaccurate. What’s that they say about the simple solution is prob the right one? But that doesn’t fit the Daz is to blame agenda. Daz has a lot we can blame him for but to make shit up and then push it as truth is fucked in my opinion. Bottom line is our OL sucked balls this year and Dillon had nothing after the injury. Had nothing to do with coaching ultimatums or whatever. That said, we should have won 9 games this year and for this reason, I am glad that Loeffler has found other employment. Shaking up the coordinators is the best we can hope for short of firing Daz.

Even if the "cracking the rock" philosophy is unavoidable, we need someone that will use the limited practice time Daz allows for practicing throwing related skills to teach our QB's things like looking off the safety, throwing without the use of play action (after 15 straight run calls), and a two minute drill. And more than anything - CONFIDENCE!

Given that our QB's did not have these skills, I do not consider Loeffler a QB whisperer.

I think the job should go to Mark Whipple. Or a good candidate is this guy Ron Whitcomb at Old Dominion - some propaganda on him below:

https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/football/article_c8c93c6a-ce93-572c-affb-499e572d4cf0.html
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:38 pm

As far as retreads go, Mark Whipple would not be a bad hire for the offense coordinator position.

This was Daz’s Statement on loeffler:

This is bittersweet for me as Scot is a very loyal and close, personal friend and just a wonderful person. He has made a major impact on our offense and in our student-athletes' lives both on and off the field.

We are so happy for Scot and his family for this great opportunity to be head coach at Bowling Green back in his home state of Ohio. This is well-deserved for Scot and I know he will have tremendous success as a head coach."

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Uptown Eagle on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:52 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:So we're joining the kliff kingsbury sweepstakes?

Not on the Urban coaching tree...

Kinbsbury's offense with Anthony Brown pulling the trigger would not go well. It would also just about give Daz a heart-attack.

Would this heart attack happen before or after an extension was signed? Also, would it nullify any amount of the buy out?
Uptown Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:54 pm

It'll be someone Daz can trust. Note how loyal is how he compliments Loefflsr. It's a make or break year for him if reports are true, and he's not gonna branch out now.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:57 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:It'll be someone Daz can trust. Note how loyal is how he compliments Loefflsr. It's a make or break year for him if reports are true, and he's not gonna branch out now.

If he’s into self-preservation which I believe he is, then he should make a dynamic, outside the box hire even if it means less cracking the rock.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:08 pm

gonna assume a daz quote on the record ends the last ray of hope of him getting fired
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:12 pm

This is bittersweet for me as Scot is a very loyal and close, personal friend and just a wonderful person. He has made a major impact on our offense and in our student-athletes' lives both on and off the field.

We are so happy for Scot and his family for this great opportunity to be head coach at Bowling Green back in his home state of Ohio. This is well-deserved for Scot and I know he will have tremendous success as a head coach."

Now I see why GDF wanted Addazio back in the day.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:19 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:It'll be someone Daz can trust. Note how loyal is how he compliments Loefflsr. It's a make or break year for him if reports are true, and he's not gonna branch out now.

If he’s into self-preservation which I believe he is, then he should make a dynamic, outside the box hire even if it means less cracking the rock.

That makes a lot of sense, but sense is also something that Daz is lacking
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:44 pm

Guess who assisted in the search process?

The University was assisted by Turnkey Search and Managing Director Gene DeFilippo, a leading figure in intercollegiate athletics with more than four decades of experience heading Division I programs.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:06 pm

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/high ... um=twitter

Samuel Johnson III is taking his official visit to Boston College on Friday and expects to remain an Eagle, according to his father, Sam Johnson II.

Father and son aren’t going to let the departure of Scot Loeffler to Bowling Green deter their plans.

Loeffler was named Bowling Green’s head coach while Johnson was in class Wednesday.

The former Michigan quarterback was offensive coordinator and Johnson’s main recruiter. Loeffler was on hand when Johnson committed in May to BC.

Johnson said at least six schools called when they found out Loeffler was leaving BC, but in this instance relationships mattered.

“Scott had a lot to do with our decision, but Coach (Steve) Addazio built a relationship with Sam. He flew in and spent a couple of hours with him during his recruitment. He was sincere and didn’t come off as someone who didn’t care. We like coach Addazio and I haven’t had a chance to really sit down with Sam, but he said he’s still going. We’re Eagles and we’re still going.’’

The Walled Lake Western quarterback started for 2 years at Southfield A&T and 2 years as a starter at Walled Lake Western.

Johnson said Friday’s visit will do nothing but cement the relationship his son has built with Addazio.

“They want him, and I like the fact that he could be a big fish in a small pond,’’ said Johnson. “He’s going to play, and they expect him to make an impact. We are Eagles. We are all going on Friday and look forward to it.’’

Johnson, a 6-foot-4, 195-pounder is a 3-star prospect ranked as the 23rd pro-style quarterback in the class of 2019, and the 14th-best player in the state of Michigan, according to the 247 Sports Composite.

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:08 pm

good to know we're considered a small pond to a dude that lives in walled lake mi (population 7,000)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:13 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:Guess who assisted in the search process?

The University was assisted by Turnkey Search and Managing Director Gene DeFilippo, a leading figure in intercollegiate athletics with more than four decades of experience heading Division I programs.

Kit Hughes -- who got his start in sports under GDF and TOB at BC -- is one of the higher ups at Bowling Green.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:16 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

If Reid retires, your Jersey boy is getting promoted from Co-DC to full time. Durkin can never coach in college again. His rep will be used against him forever in recruiting.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:08 pm

His deal at BG is 5 years 2.6 million, so $520,000 a year
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:46 pm

Daz discusses the OC situation around 3:35:

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:07 am

Loeffler hired Brian VanGorder, last seen allowing 44 points a game at Louisville, to be his DC.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium