Current Scholarship status/positional breakdowns by class

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Current Scholarship status/positional breakdowns by class

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:03 pm

I think the OL of Palazzolo, Phillips, Petrula, Lindstrom and Johnson is pretty stout (or whoever replaces one of them like Ragan or Vrabel, etc.). The current unit was a huge disappointment. That could have been because they didn't have the right players. Or, it could have been because they lost their under-appreciated OL coach (who was poached by Chip Kelly).

White, Lewis and Glines is as good as it gets for a group of BC receivers. So, is that group as good as Clemson or FSU... no. But, it is about the high watermark for us.

As for LB, Richardson, McDuffie and Lamot is a damn good group. I think Lamot and McDuffie should have been playing over Strachan and Bletzer. I am of the belief that McDuffie will be the nexy star BC LB.

As for DB, they won't be as good as they were this year (and I still think they were very talented and were asked to play on a freaking island all game long). But, Cheevers and Sebastian at CB is very good. Safety will be less so (with a combo of Palmer and El-Attrach. I also expect that we'll see someone step up here from the young guys (perhaps Haynes or Muse).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:19 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Next year's team is very strong at DB, LB, OL, WR, TE, RB.
It is an utter dumpster fire at DL and K.
And... then, of course, there is QB.

we'll have 7 QB next year. i assume Johnson will be red-shirted is already being told he's next in line after Brown's time is up.

fwiw johnson is arriving in january

any idea as to who else is doing the early enrollment?
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:20 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I assumed Langan would get moved to LB, he was a beast when I saw him play. At QB he reminded me of a Chris Crane that could break tackles.

given the depth at LB i'd guess he's moving to the Bordner TE/WR hybrid position. plus he can take Jeff Smith's place in all of the gadget plays that involve throws from a skill position guy.

Do we know if he could catch?

https://youtu.be/XhrtwaC2pKM

Looked like a good tight end at the 3:00 mark im sure by year two he would be big enough.

good clip - thanks for sharing. i think that will certainly be the direction they go with him then.
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:22 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I think the OL of Palazzolo, Phillips, Petrula, Lindstrom and Johnson is pretty stout (or whoever replaces one of them like Ragan or Vrabel, etc.). The current unit was a huge disappointment. That could have been because they didn't have the right players. Or, it could have been because they lost their under-appreciated OL coach (who was poached by Chip Kelly).

White, Lewis and Glines is as good as it gets for a group of BC receivers. So, is that group as good as Clemson or FSU... no. But, it is about the high watermark for us.

As for LB, Richardson, McDuffie and Lamot is a damn good group. I think Lamot and McDuffie should have been playing over Strachan and Bletzer. I am of the belief that McDuffie will be the nexy star BC LB.

As for DB, they won't be as good as they were this year (and I still think they were very talented and were asked to play on a freaking island all game long). But, Cheevers and Sebastian at CB is very good. Safety will be less so (with a combo of Palmer and El-Attrach. I also expect that we'll see someone step up here from the young guys (perhaps Haynes or Muse).

Never understood Lamot and Jones not getting reps with Richardson at LB. Lamot is a beast.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:22 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I assumed Langan would get moved to LB, he was a beast when I saw him play. At QB he reminded me of a Chris Crane that could break tackles.

given the depth at LB i'd guess he's moving to the Bordner TE/WR hybrid position. plus he can take Jeff Smith's place in all of the gadget plays that involve throws from a skill position guy.

Do we know if he could catch?

https://youtu.be/XhrtwaC2pKM

Looked like a good tight end at the 3:00 mark im sure by year two he would be big enough.

Let’s not encourage Daz to move more people to TE. There is no reason a modern day college football roster should have this many anyway.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:23 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I think the OL of Palazzolo, Phillips, Petrula, Lindstrom and Johnson is pretty stout (or whoever replaces one of them like Ragan or Vrabel, etc.). The current unit was a huge disappointment. That could have been because they didn't have the right players. Or, it could have been because they lost their under-appreciated OL coach (who was poached by Chip Kelly).

Alligator Arms Lewis hasn’t shown me a whole lot at WR.

McDuffie is an awesome player.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:34 pm

Pre injury Lamot was the Defeni freshman of the year in the ACC. If he gets back to that, we will have a great lb group.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:28 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Pre injury Lamot was the Defeni freshman of the year in the ACC. If he gets back to that, we will have a great lb group.

You have to play him. Post injury Lamot was far better than post injury Strachan, who ran slightly slower than the goal posts.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:07 am

If Hamp Cheevers learned anything from the experience of his secondary mate, he'll understand that the odds of leading the country in interceptions 2 years in a row are virtually nil and strongly consider leaving for the NFL

The magnitude of grief I expect to get for this one...
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:16 am

25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Next year's team is very strong at DB, LB, OL, WR, TE, RB.
It is an utter dumpster fire at DL and K.
And... then, of course, there is QB.

we'll have 7 QB next year. i assume Johnson will be red-shirted is already being told he's next in line after Brown's time is up.

fwiw johnson is arriving in january

any idea as to who else is doing the early enrollment?

as of now:
sam johnson
ethon willams (wr out of md)
izaiah henderson (DE / potential DT, he's 260 as a hs sr.)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Tack this thread!!!!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:If Hamp Cheevers learned anything from the experience of his secondary mate, he'll understand that the odds of leading the country in interceptions 2 years in a row are virtually nil and strongly consider leaving for the NFL

I love Cheevers but there is no way he is drafted this year. He is undersized and not NFL corner fast. He takes a lot of risk and is smart, but another year will only help him. BC lists him at 165 which means he might weight 150.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:46 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:If Hamp Cheevers learned anything from the experience of his secondary mate, he'll understand that the odds of leading the country in interceptions 2 years in a row are virtually nil and strongly consider leaving for the NFL

I love Cheevers but there is no way he is drafted this year. He is undersized and not NFL corner fast. He takes a lot of risk and is smart, but another year will only help him. BC lists him at 165 which means he might weight 150.

If Day were coach he'd be at least 6'1" and 210.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:04 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

https://twitter.com/BCCoachJReid/status ... 3729671169
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:10 pm

Does that mean he's retiring? Backfill with Camp? I saw Will Blackmon tweet that he wants a coaching job. Wouldn't be the worst thing to happen
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:59 am

updating the incoming freshmen class for de-commitments and position (the Instagram feed had new positions for a few guys).

Departing Seniors: Strachan (LB), K. Bletzer (LB), Schmal (OL), Baker (OL), Sweeney (TE), E. Robinson (WR), Allen (DE), Walker (WR), J. Smith (WR), Harris (DB), Ray (DE), Denis (DB), Torres (DB), Monteiro (OL), C. Lindstrom (OL), R. Smith (DT), Lichtenberg (K), D. Jones (LB)

Seniors in 2019: Borgersen (DB), Glines (WR), J. Martin (LB), Karafa (DT), Knopfke (OL), Palazzolo (OL), Phillips (OL), Garrison (TE), Burt (TE) Cheevers (DB), Al-Attrach (DB), Idrizi (TE), Marten (TE)

Juniors in 2019: K. White (WR), Brown (QB), Richardson (LB), Palmer (DB), McStravick (WR), Lamot (LB), Barlow (DE), Korutz (OL), Fish (OL), Ragan (OL), Morais (DE), Carlson (K), Dillon (RB), Perry (QB), Lewis (WR), Levy (RB), McDuffie (LB), Petrula (OL), Rayam (DT)

Sophomores in 2019: Haynes (DB), McDonald (QB), Bra. Sebastian (DB), Muse (DB), Theobald (LB), Stewart (DB), Emer (OL), A. Lindstrom (OL), Long (TE), Jordan-Williams (WR), Brown (TE), Berry (DT), McQuarrie (DE), Valdez (DE), E. Johnson (OL), D. Bailey (RB)

Redshirt Freshmen in 2019: Valecce (QB), E. Jones (DB), Langan (QB), Days (DB), DeNucci (LB), Sparacio (LB), Gethers (DB), Maitre (DB), Luchetti (TE), Davis (LB), DePalma (LB), Stewart (LB), Shelmire (OL), Dirstine (OL), Vrabel (OL), Galloway (WR), Betro (DT), Bennermon (DT), Tessitore (K)

Incoming Freshmen in 2019: Johnson (QB), Garwo (RB), Henderson (DT), Sillah (LB), Conley (OL), Bono (DE), J. Williams (S), Bry. Sebastian (WR), Ness (DE), Rustemi (OL), E. Williams (WR), Burke (DT), Mungin (ATH), Lubischer (DB), DeBerry (DB), Grieco (DB), Flowers (DB)

for the below positional breakdowns I'll add a $ for who I think starters will be

Offense
OL
SR: Knopfke (OL), Palazzolo (OL) $, Phillips (OL) $
JR: Fish (OL), Ragan (OL), Petrula (OL) $, Korutz (OL)
SO: A. Lindstrom (OL) $, Emer (OL), E. Johnson (OL)
R-FR: Shelmire (OL), Dirstine (OL), Vrabel (OL) $
FR: Conley (OL), Rustemi (OL)

QB
JR: Brown (QB) $, Perry (QB)
SO: McDonald (QB)
R-FR: Valecce (QB), Langan (QB)
FR: Johnson (QB)

RB
JR: Dillon (RB) $, Levy (RB)
SO: Bailey (RB)
FR: Garwo (RB)

WR
SR: Glines $
JR: K. White (WR) $, McStravick (WR), Lewis (WR) $
SO: Jordan-Williams (WR)
R-FR: Galloway (WR)
FR: Williams (WR), Bry. Sebastian (WR)

TE
SR: Burt (TE), Idrizi (TE) $, Marten (TE), Garrison (TE) $
SO: Long (TE), Brown (TE)
R-FR: Luchetti (TE)

Defense
DL
SR: Karafa (DT) $
JR: Rayam (DT) $, Barlow (DE) $, Morais (DE)
SO: Berry (DT), McQuarrie (DE), Valdez (DE) $
R-FR: Betro (DT), Bennermon (DT)
FR: Henderson (DT), Bono (DE), Ness (DE), Burke (DT)

LB
SR: J. Martin (LB)
JR: Richardson (LB) $, Lamot (LB) $, McDuffie (LB) $
SO: Theobald (LB)
R-FR: DeNucci (LB), Sparacio (LB), Davis (LB), DePalma (LB), Stewart (LB)
FR: Sillah (LB)

DB
SR: Cheevers (DB) $, Al-Attrach (DB) $, Borgersen (DB)
JR: Palmer (DB) $
SO: Haynes (DB), Sebastian (DB) $, Muse (DB), Stewart (DB)
R-FR: E. Jones (DB), Days (DB), Gethers (DB), Maitre (DB)
FR: Williams (S), Mungin (ATH), Lubischer (DB), DeBerry (DB), Grieco (DB), Flowers (DB)

K/P
JR: Carlson (K)
R-FR: Tessitore (K)
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:27 pm

I'm looking at that D Line group right now and it's reminding me of the O Line in 2015
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:30 pm

removing Mungin, as he isn't on the signing day roster. Otherwise i think this should be final.

Departing Seniors: Strachan (LB), K. Bletzer (LB), Schmal (OL), Baker (OL), Sweeney (TE), E. Robinson (WR), Allen (DE), Walker (WR), J. Smith (WR), Harris (DB), Ray (DE), Denis (DB), Torres (DB), Monteiro (OL), C. Lindstrom (OL), R. Smith (DT), Lichtenberg (K), D. Jones (LB)

Seniors in 2019: Borgersen (DB), Glines (WR), J. Martin (LB), Karafa (DT), Knopfke (OL), Palazzolo (OL), Phillips (OL), Garrison (TE), Burt (TE) Cheevers (DB), Al-Attrach (DB), Idrizi (TE), Marten (TE)

Juniors in 2019: K. White (WR), Brown (QB), Richardson (LB), Palmer (DB), McStravick (WR), Lamot (LB), Barlow (DE), Korutz (OL), Fish (OL), Ragan (OL), Morais (DE), Carlson (K), Dillon (RB), Perry (QB), Lewis (WR), Levy (RB), McDuffie (LB), Petrula (OL), Rayam (DT)

Sophomores in 2019: Haynes (DB), McDonald (QB), Bra. Sebastian (DB), Muse (DB), Theobald (LB), Stewart (DB), Emer (OL), A. Lindstrom (OL), Long (TE), Jordan-Williams (WR), Brown (TE), Berry (DT), McQuarrie (DE), Valdez (DE), E. Johnson (OL), D. Bailey (RB)

Redshirt Freshmen in 2019: Valecce (QB), E. Jones (DB), Langan (QB), Days (DB), DeNucci (LB), Sparacio (LB), Gethers (DB), Maitre (DB), Luchetti (TE), Davis (LB), DePalma (LB), Stewart (LB), Shelmire (OL), Dirstine (OL), Vrabel (OL), Galloway (WR), Betro (DT), Bennermon (DT), Tessitore (K)

Incoming Freshmen in 2019: Johnson (QB), Garwo (RB), Henderson (DT), Sillah (LB), Conley (OL), Bono (DE), J. Williams (DB), Bry. Sebastian (WR), Ness (DE), Rustemi (OL), E. Williams (WR), Burke (DT), Lubischer (DB), DeBerry (DB), Grieco (DB), Flowers (DB)

for the below positional breakdowns I'll add a $ for who I think starters will be

Offense
OL

QB

RB

WR

TE

Defense
DL

LB

DB
FR: Williams (DB), Lubischer (DB), DeBerry (DB), Grieco (DB), Flowers (DB)

K/P
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:32 pm

25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:QB

langan transferring to rutgres

was actually looking this over thinking we don't need 6 qbs
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:37 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Damn... is that confirmed??? He was never really going to play QB for us. But, he was going to be a hell of a safety.

You also forgot (sigh): https://247sports.com/Player/Mike-Ciaffoni-46054593/
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:54 pm

i think you hit on the issue. bc was interested in a position change, he wasn't
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:58 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Damn... is that confirmed??? He was never really going to play QB for us. But, he was going to be a hell of a safety.

You also forgot (sigh): https://247sports.com/Player/Mike-Ciaffoni-46054593/

I figured they didn't bring in a TE in this class because that is were they were moving Langan to TE.
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:59 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i think you hit on the issue. bc was interested in a position change, he wasn't

I think that Valecce probably had more to say about Langan's need to change positions than anything.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:12 pm

oh and forgot ron dayne's kid at rb
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:12 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:oh and forgot ron dayne's kid at rb

He is not on scholarship.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:26 pm

oh ok. 4 scholarship rbs is pretty light then for someone who wants to CRACK THE ROCK as much as daz
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 25GeraldRd on Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:39 pm

removing Langan...

Redshirt Freshmen in 2019: Valecce (QB), E. Jones (DB), Days (DB), DeNucci (LB), Sparacio (LB), Gethers (DB), Maitre (DB), Luchetti (TE), Davis (LB), DePalma (LB), Stewart (LB), Shelmire (OL), Dirstine (OL), Vrabel (OL), Galloway (WR), Betro (DT), Bennermon (DT), Tessitore (K)

Incoming Freshmen in 2019: Johnson (QB), Garwo (RB), Henderson (DT), Sillah (LB), Conley (OL), Bono (DE), J. Williams (DB), Bry. Sebastian (WR), Ness (DE), Rustemi (OL), E. Williams (WR), Burke (DT), Lubischer (DB), DeBerry (DB), Grieco (DB), Flowers (DB)

Offense
OL

QB
R-FR: Valecce (QB)

RB

WR

TE

Defense
DL

LB

DB
FR: Williams (DB), Lubischer (DB), DeBerry (DB), Grieco (DB), Flowers (DB)

K/P
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:07 pm

82 total?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:11 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:oh ok. 4 scholarship rbs is pretty light then for someone who wants to CRACK THE ROCK as much as daz

Yup, really thought they should have brought in 2 in this class.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:30 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:oh ok. 4 scholarship rbs is pretty light then for someone who wants to CRACK THE ROCK as much as daz

Yup, really thought they should have brought in 2 in this class.

Maybe Davon Jones gets asked back for a fifth year? I would highly encourage this.

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium