The king is dead. Long live the king.

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: The king is dead. Long live the king.

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:39 am

Could this be a way to nudge Daz out the door this year? Coaches are always moving to get more job security - he could go to UMass or UConn or some other rebuild (' growing up I always cheered fo4r UTEP when they made it on TV in Connecticut') and lock in another 5 or 6 years, vs his one max at BC. Probably wishful thinking. I should start calendaring my apple-picking for 2019 now.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:55 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:Blauds now saying 1 year extension "with buyout conditions" for Daz. Credit to him for making up something mildly interesting this time

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:57 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:That’s the most ridiculous contract extension anyone could come up with. It’s literally a lose, lose proposition. Daz gets less money, goes out most likely with a losing season and BC gets a program in worse shape next year versus this year. All over maybe 2 million BC might save in salary only to lose in ticket sales.

I want him out. You want him out. We all want him out. Assume the BOT will not let Jarmond pull the trigger because of $$$$$$$. What do you want Jarmond to do?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:07 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:That’s the most ridiculous contract extension anyone could come up with. It’s literally a lose, lose proposition. Daz gets less money, goes out most likely with a losing season and BC gets a program in worse shape next year versus this year. All over maybe 2 million BC might save in salary only to lose in ticket sales.

I want him out. You want him out. We all want him out. Assume the BOT will not let Jarmond pull the trigger because of $$$$$$$. What do you want Jarmond to do?

He could start by sticking a dead hooker in Daz's bed.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:01 am

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Could this be a way to nudge Daz out the door this year? Coaches are always moving to get more job security - he could go to UMass or UConn or some other rebuild (' growing up I always cheered fo4r UTEP when they made it on TV in Connecticut') and lock in another 5 or 6 years, vs his one max at BC. Probably wishful thinking. I should start calendaring my apple-picking for 2019 now.

I originally thought of this idea, because I asked "what would GDF do?" For all his considerable faults, he was adept at politically manuevering within BC admin.

Providing Daz an offer he can't accept allows MJ to go to Leahy and BOT and claim the coach is being unreasonable and wants money no one would ever pay him (whatever move made will be expensive). From a PR perspective, it gives BC a little cover for firing a "good guy" who was mildly successful winning the "right way" at a difficult program. It's a pretty smart play... unless Daz accepts it and your stuck with the Heinz Hammer for another year in a role that EVERYONE knows is a lameduck. Good luck recruiting.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:02 am

You ever crap out an entire geography? You go on vacation somewhere, and a day or two after you're back, you crap out something horrible and think: 'that was my vacation. I'm really back now'. This can be short durations or long - I once crapped out several months of my life in a third-world place where I spent some of my earliest 20s. It was a lonely, dusty, unforgiving, relentless place. There was a woman I hired to haul water and cook food, and she wasn't really skilled at either - every meal was horse sausage, yoghurt, and pilaf - but she was what passed for attractive in that part of the world and the steppe is a lonely damned place. Her bagina looked like a tarantula had a baby with a chia pet, but the steppe is a lonely damned place. I was worried she'd try something crazed at the end but when my ride out of town finally lifted its brakes, she bitched at me one last time for not appreciating the pilaf and leaving my stank-ass boots in the courtyard where they would attract thieves, then turned her back and went about her business.

When I crapped that place out, it looked like the way they made third-world cement: vague dusty polygons of sticky dung twisted together with long coils of grass. It was like pooping out a cow-trampled peat field. Awful, awful stuff. It had been months since I had crapped in a place with electric lighting and that awful dump in the Frankfurt airport, all that German in the air, felt like an interrogation. Or the way reenactments make UFO abductions look. Those Germans, man - they do pooping all wrong.

One day we will crap out the last ten years of Spaz and Daz. It will come together and it will be beautiful.

Until then, it's another year of this awful fucking pilaf.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:08 am

Believing anything the Internet gumshoe says is foolhardy. He has no idea what is going on and just throwing shit at the wall to see if it sticks.

My guess is if an extension isn’t announced then there is no extension. I also would not be surprised by considerable staff change over after Daz fucked this season up. But this is all speculation, we will have to wait and see what happens.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:33 am

Your position on this is as misinformed as to how things work as your position on recruiting. Some basic tenets you just inferentially leap right over.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:48 am

Gumshoes' source is Barry Gallup. I'm not worried. Yet.
Last edited by DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:57 am

the longer this drags on, the more bc it feels
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:13 am

I enjoyed reading the resurrected threads from when the daz hire was made. Now back to being unhappy with all things BC football.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby MrAwesomeII on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:29 am

He is not being fired or offered a fake extension. Sorry dudes.
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:18 pm

Bowl games in 5 out of 6 seasons. Isn't it time to consider him the next up and coming bowl king?
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:20 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Believing anything the Internet gumshoe says is foolhardy. He has no idea what is going on and just throwing shit at the wall to see if it sticks.

My guess is if an extension isn’t announced then there is no extension. I also would not be surprised by considerable staff change over after Daz fucked this season up. But this is all speculation, we will have to wait and see what happens.

If true, they are not announcing it because Addazio hasn't signed yet. Once he is back from his recruiting trip, he will sign and we'll get our kick in the junk, I mean announcement.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:49 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Bowl games in 5 out of 6 seasons. Isn't it time to consider him the next up and coming bowl king?

the bowl king won bowls
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:59 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:You ever crap out an entire geography? You go on vacation somewhere, and a day or two after you're back, you crap out something horrible and think: 'that was my vacation. I'm really back now'. This can be short durations or long - I once crapped out several months of my life in a third-world place where I spent some of my earliest 20s. It was a lonely, dusty, unforgiving, relentless place. There was a woman I hired to haul water and cook food, and she wasn't really skilled at either - every meal was horse sausage, yoghurt, and pilaf - but she was what passed for attractive in that part of the world and the steppe is a lonely damned place. Her bagina looked like a tarantula had a baby with a chia pet, but the steppe is a lonely damned place. I was worried she'd try something crazed at the end but when my ride out of town finally lifted its brakes, she bitched at me one last time for not appreciating the pilaf and leaving my stank-ass boots in the courtyard where they would attract thieves, then turned her back and went about her business.

When I crapped that place out, it looked like the way they made third-world cement: vague dusty polygons of sticky dung twisted together with long coils of grass. It was like pooping out a cow-trampled peat field. Awful, awful stuff. It had been months since I had crapped in a place with electric lighting and that awful dump in the Frankfurt airport, all that German in the air, felt like an interrogation. Or the way reenactments make UFO abductions look. Those Germans, man - they do pooping all wrong.

One day we will crap out the last ten years of Spaz and Daz. It will come together and it will be beautiful.

You need to write an autobiography.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BC96 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:40 pm

Is there any doubt that he will be coaching at UConn in 2 years; I'm pretty sure it's his dream job?
BC96
Carney Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:51 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:You ever crap out an entire geography? You go on vacation somewhere, and a day or two after you're back, you crap out something horrible and think: 'that was my vacation. I'm really back now'. This can be short durations or long - I once crapped out several months of my life in a third-world place where I spent some of my earliest 20s. It was a lonely, dusty, unforgiving, relentless place. There was a woman I hired to haul water and cook food, and she wasn't really skilled at either - every meal was horse sausage, yoghurt, and pilaf - but she was what passed for attractive in that part of the world and the steppe is a lonely damned place. Her bagina looked like a tarantula had a baby with a chia pet, but the steppe is a lonely damned place. I was worried she'd try something crazed at the end but when my ride out of town finally lifted its brakes, she bitched at me one last time for not appreciating the pilaf and leaving my stank-ass boots in the courtyard where they would attract thieves, then turned her back and went about her business.

This is phenomenal
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:47 pm

In home visits with verbals; new offers out today...
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:57 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:In home visits with verbals; new offers out today...

At the same time, if it were an easy extension for him to accept, then why not announce it and give him something positive to say to the recruits
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby bcshater on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:00 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Could this be a way to nudge Daz out the door this year? Coaches are always moving to get more job security - he could go to UMass or UConn or some other rebuild (' growing up I always cheered fo4r UTEP when they made it on TV in Connecticut') and lock in another 5 or 6 years, vs his one max at BC. Probably wishful thinking. I should start calendaring my apple-picking for 2019 now.

This is a good thought. Daz would be foolish not too accept such an offer if it ever came to fruition.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:16 pm

I keep coming back to the site only to be EJCon'd as I notice that the promise of "good news" just isn't going to happen.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:09 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Bowl games in 5 out of 6 seasons. Isn't it time to consider him the next up and coming bowl king?

the bowl king won bowls

But now we have a new, more socially enlightened type of bowl king. The participation bowl king, you don't have to win, you just have to get to a bowl.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:03 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Your position on this is as misinformed as to how things work as your position on recruiting. Some basic tenets you just inferentially leap right over.

Teddy, everyone is flying by the seat of their pants at the moment. Stop trying to make sense of something that we both know makes no sense.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:36 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Councilor, everyone is flying by the seat of their pants at the moment. Stop trying to make sense of something that we both know makes no sense.

Fixed
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:12 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Teddy, everyone is flying by the seat of their pants at the moment. Stop trying to make sense of something that we both know makes no sense.

There is a certain way extensions work in this business and you keep ignoring it. ADs do not fly by the seat of their pants, nor will the next recruiting class.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:13 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:I keep coming back to the site only to be EJCon'd as I notice that the promise of "good news" just isn't going to happen.

No one is talking about Houston here
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:16 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:I keep coming back to the site only to be EJCon'd as I notice that the promise of "good news" just isn't going to happen.

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:56 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Question I always wanted to ask: what's up with his chin?
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:06 am

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Question I always wanted to ask: what's up with his chin?

That must be where he poops from.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium