Minnesota Game Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Minnesota Game Thread

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:23 pm

jimmy mac going deep into the bench early

ky just absolutely posterized some kid
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Minnesota Game Thread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:30 pm

Jordan Murphy's first time back on campus since he learned we don't have air conditioners, as the weirdos may remember
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:49 pm

Tabbs is a hell of a player
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:54 pm

Bowman needs to just slow down. These guys need to run some high IQ offense.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Uptown Eagle on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:23 pm

My first extended look at the team. Tabbs is a really good find. He looks like he belongs. Hamilton is very raw. He looks like he is accustomed to just being bigger than everyone else, but that won't work. The lack of one competent big will hurt this team once league play begins but the combination of Bowman, Chapman and Tabbs will make the team interesting.

Nothing genius in those observations, it's pretty obvious stuff. But I'd like to see the team play uptempo, up and down the court and press. That would play up to the team's strengths. Even Mitchell and Hamilton would benefit from a fast break mentality.
Uptown Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:41 pm

Jimmy Mac has done outcoached Pitino so far
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:44 pm

Luka is hot.
Love his hair.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:46 pm

Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:My first extended look at the team. Tabbs is a really good find. He looks like he belongs. Hamilton is very raw. He looks like he is accustomed to just being bigger than everyone else, but that won't work. The lack of one competent big will hurt this team once league play begins but the combination of Bowman, Chapman and Tabbs will make the team interesting.

Nothing genius in those observations, it's pretty obvious stuff. But I'd like to see the team play uptempo, up and down the court and press. That would play up to the team's strengths. Even Mitchell and Hamilton would benefit from a fast break mentality.

Our bigs situation is thin, but not so much lacking in talent in my eyes. I like Popovic as his game matures and things slow down for him. Luka kind of an intriguing player too. Reyes has flashed in the past, we’ll see.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:52 pm

A thousand ppl in attendance? Not super quiet, has been some life at Conte Morgue.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:52 pm

This coaching staff can find guard talent. JC’s offense needs more flow but the staff deserves some credit.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Uptown Eagle on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:54 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:My first extended look at the team. Tabbs is a really good find. He looks like he belongs. Hamilton is very raw. He looks like he is accustomed to just being bigger than everyone else, but that won't work. The lack of one competent big will hurt this team once league play begins but the combination of Bowman, Chapman and Tabbs will make the team interesting.

Our bigs situation is thin, but not so much lacking in talent in my eyes. I like Popovic as his game matures and things slow down for him. Luka kind of an intriguing player too. Reyes has flashed in the past, we’ll see.

Popovic making me look dumb at the moment, so you may be right and I wouldn't mind being wrong on this one.
Uptown Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:56 pm

team playing well, but the gophers are also playing awful. can’t tell which one is causing the lead

“we are bc” written on the court is the gayest thing on the heights since hansen graduated
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:57 pm

Popovic keeps improving, and his game when he's switched on is very solid at this point might be the Balkan connection clouding my view but I see no reason that Kraljevic couldn't develop similarly. Obviously he's got to get stronger like Pop has, but he has the same skill I saw from Pop when he arrived
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:01 pm

Hell of a game tonight for BC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:05 pm

Yeah winning like this when Ky is having an off night is pretty good for this team. I didn't see this coming
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:07 pm

You’re welcome ACC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:08 pm

I have no complaints about the effort or result. Minnesota has beaten three P5 opponents and Santa Clara, so they weren’t undefeated by feasting on total cupcakes. Liked Jimmy Christian’s adjustment to the zone. Pop was obviously superb. Ditto Tabb.

And Bobby Wischusen calling the game. Had an interesting evening with his girlfriend senior year. Can’t recall if Duchie was involved. Also like Fran Fraschilla taking a shot at Leahy (without mentioning Leahy by name) and his contempt for athletics.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:34 am

Two straight games I have nothing bad to say. Good things both.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2014 Eagle on Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:37 am

Good win on a night I don’t think the team necessarily played well. Minnesota looked lost when we switched to zone. Good for Pop, we will need more games like this from him come ACC play and less like the IUPUI one earlier this season.
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:05 am

agreed, outside of tabbs and pop i don't think they played well at all and the game was never in doubt in the final 15 or so against a borderline top 25 team, good sign. they still haven't shot the ball well from the line or 3s yet

steff is such a valuable player, would be in running for 2nd/3rd all acc teams if he could hit a jump shot or FTs

defensive effort last 2 games is night and day from ipuiipiupiu game
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:15 am

I still don’t see how they win more than 16 total games given the remaining schedule.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:37 pm

Reyes has 1 rebound in 41 minutes this year, which is in itself astounding but even more so when you consider who we've played
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:23 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:I still don’t see how they win more than 16 total games given the remaining schedule.

I had them with two losses at this point so they are exceeding my modest expectations. Also, Clemson, Cuse and A&M may not be as good as some thought. Tabbs is looking good. Just need Hamilton to improve and a winning record is realistic. He is not as ready as I expected.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:25 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:I still don’t see how they win more than 16 total games given the remaining schedule.

I had them with two losses at this point so they are exceeding my modest expectations. Also, Clemson, Cuse and A&M may not be as good as some thought. Tabbs is looking good. Just need Hamilton to improve and a winning record is realistic. He is not as ready as I expected.

I agree but he's one of those guys where it's going to click all of a sudden. Hopefully it doesn't take a year.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:00 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I agree but he's one of those guys where it's going to click all of a sudden. Hopefully it doesn't take a year.

Although his layup attempt was ultimately rejected, he had an eye opening spin move to the basket the other night. He'll be fine.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:25 am

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Although his layup attempt was ultimately rejected, he had an eye opening spin move to the basket the other night. He'll be fine.

If there's one thing he has it's absolutely top notch athleticism, which we haven't had from a big guy in a while. He also has skills. It's just a question of adjusting to a reality where the game isn't as easy as it was in high school. He has all the tools to be one of the best players to play here, just a question of when and hopefully not if he gets there.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:10 am

I can. After Minnesota, anything is possible.

5-1 so far. Say that they "split" with Texas A&M and DePaul (win one, lose the other) and run the table with the rest OOC. Okay so that is 11-2 to start ACC play. They go 9-9 in conference play, and roll into the ACC tourney at 20-11. They win the first two rounds before Duke/UNC/UVa butchers them and they limp into their March Madness bracket with a 22-12 record as a #12 or #13 seed.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:32 am

We can add another trophy to the trophy case this year. We just won 1/15 of a split of the ACC-Big Ten Challenge.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:37 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

5-1 so far. Say that they "split" with Texas A&M and DePaul (win one, lose the other) and run the table with the rest OOC. Okay so that is 11-2 to start ACC play. They go 9-9 in conference play, and roll into the ACC tourney at 20-11. They win the first two rounds before Duke/UNC/UVa butchers them and they limp into their March Madness bracket with a 22-12 record as a #12 or #13 seed.

DePaul is an awful team and an awful school that hasn't sniffed a whiff of success since they ran Joey Meyer out of town 20 years ago and were cursed by the ghost of Ray Meyer. We should beat them even without bringing our A or B game. As for A&M, if we play like we did against Loyola or Minnesota, we will win.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:12 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

DePaul is an awful team and an awful school that hasn't sniffed a whiff of success since they ran Joey Meyer out of town 20 years ago and were cursed by the ghost of Ray Meyer. We should beat them even without bringing our A or B game. As for A&M, if we play like we did against Loyola or Minnesota, we will win.

I think a similar argument can be made for PC. They are playing a lot of youth and have not been overly impressive to date
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum