Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:28 pm

It’s in both Adazzio’s and BC’s best interest to part ways this year. Daz can go out a winner and get another job and BC can bring in a new coach to a program with a winning record.

There are huge factors that have to be considered in bringing back or god forbid extending Daz. How many donors, season ticket holders and single game ticket sales will BC lose by bringing back Daz? Will AJ transfer to get out of this pathetic offense? Will Daz ever get the program to the stated goal of top 25 every year? Who are the prospects for replacing Daz?
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:50 am

As Spaz’s extended tenure taught, the people that cut checks don’t care about records of teams that play with weird-shaped balls.

As for AJ Dillon, the idea that a RB would sit a year and delay his first NFL paycheck so he can go to a more dynamic, pass-centric offense... is among the dumbest comments ever made anywhere. It so outrageously stupid that I ended my self-imposed ban from responding to your nonsense.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:04 am

A ban of 7.5 hours? nice willpower, nospace
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:14 am

This season was "teed up" for Addazio, with a marquee player, and experienced OL, and as easy a schedule (especially in the weakened ACC) as he was likely to see, and by most accounts the talent level has been upgraded.

And yet, here we are, one game away from another 7-6 season.

The undeniable in all this, the lingering common denominator is this head coach. But, frankly the other elephant in the room is the ambivalence of this university's administration.

That is why I suspect that touting some thread like being a bowl team 5 of 6 years of his tenure, this administration will re-up this clown for some duration.

And recognizing his limitations in making independent decisions, I suspect Jarmond may soon be exploring a way out.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:52 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:...That is why I suspect that touting some thread like being a bowl team 5 of 6 years of his tenure, this administration will re-up this clown for some duration...

it's so frustrating hearing the talking heads tout this during every game. about what a great job the heinz hammer has done with the bc program, etc. etc. my wife asks me if i'm going to yell at the tv again when she hears them teeing up this subject but i usually miss what she is saying because i am yelling at the tv
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:56 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:...That is why I suspect that touting some thread like being a bowl team 5 of 6 years of his tenure, this administration will re-up this clown for some duration...

it's so frustrating hearing the talking heads tout this during every game. about what a great job the heinz hammer has done with the bc program, etc. etc. my wife asks me if i'm going to yell at the tv again when she hears them teeing up this subject but i usually miss what she is saying because i am yelling at the tv

That's MeatBaum doing his job
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:58 am

HJS {l Wrote}:As Spaz’s extended tenure taught, the people that cut checks don’t care about records of teams that play with weird-shaped balls.

As for AJ Dillon, the idea that a RB would sit a year and delay his first NFL paycheck so he can go to a more dynamic, pass-centric offense... is among the dumbest comments ever made anywhere. It so outrageously stupid that I ended my self-imposed ban from responding to your nonsense.

Mo J - I have an hypothesis that Jarmond cannot move on to his next job until he hires at least one revenue-sport coach, and that hire shows both promise and revitalization of a program (which takes a few years). Christian is doing his best to be create that vacancy, and I am sort of concerned that this volatility will create space for Daz to cling like a dingleberry to the bottom of the department for longer than he should be around.

Thoughts? Any chance Jarmond dumps two revenue coaches in two years, or would that create the appearance of excessive self-interest on his resume? FWIW, an ambitious AD looking to bigger jobs is a good thing; I hope Jarmond is a job-hopping superstar and that he makes his reputation here.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:06 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:As Spaz’s extended tenure taught, the people that cut checks don’t care about records of teams that play with weird-shaped balls.

Mo J - I have an hypothesis that Jarmond cannot move on to his next job until he hires at least one revenue-sport coach, and that hire shows both promise and revitalization of a program (which takes a few years). Christian is doing his best to be create that vacancy, and I am sort of concerned that this volatility will create space for Daz to cling like a dingleberry to the bottom of the department for longer than he should be around.

Thoughts? Any chance Jarmond dumps two revenue coaches in two years, or would that create the appearance of excessive self-interest on his resume? FWIW, an ambitious AD looking to bigger jobs is a good thing; I hope Jarmond is a job-hopping superstar and that he makes his reputation here.

I would agree with this.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:19 am

HJS {l Wrote}:weird-shaped balls.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Myles on Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:58 am

I think that if Jarmond interviews anywhere before 5 years are up he must be fired immediately.
Endless Myles
n00b

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:26 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

Pretty much agree with all of this.

I've posted this before, but what I found strange was the overwhelming support for Christian and the heavy-handed criticism of Daz... when I've talked to Development folks. In all fairness, Daz has done considerably more with the mess he inherited than Jimmy Mac. Moreso, I think that (while BC has a better football history than BB) it is significantly easier to rebuild a BB program (as you only need to recruit 5 starters). My take on this was that Jarmond was itching to make the big hire you reference. He also knows that FB drives the bus financially for the department (with regard to donations).

All that said, I think this year... in all its spectacular 7-6-ishness... makes it very difficult to make a move. First, we were ranked for the first time in forever. Second, we were ranked for multiple weeks. Third, we were picked up for a bunch of national games (many during which the announcers sang the praises of the ACC's most mustachioed program). Fourth, we have a great recruiting class already... and look promising for 2020. Fifth, youth and injuries. Finally, there is no obvious significant improvement available.

Without a layup hire, firing a mildly successful head coach at a "who the hell do they think they are?" program like BC would likely hurt Jarmond's rep more than help it. Unless... he hits an absolute home run on the selection. But, putting your career in the success of a FB coach usually isn't a good idea. The smart play for him is to bide his time. Right now, he isn't fully on the clock. He's still settling into the gig. He inherited these coaches with these contracts. These aren't his guys. He is getting zero pressure... that all changes when he makes a move. Next year, maybe the program takes a step back... maybe an obvious choice (like Bill O'Brien) becomes available. In the meantime, he can focus his efforts on a truly broken basketball program (where pretty much any change would be met with approval and patience).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:12 pm

half the reason i want a change is so there can be a running record of hjs' shortlist of candidates
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:35 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:half the reason i want a change is so there can be a running record of hjs' shortlist of candidates

This.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:53 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Without a layup hire, firing a mildly successful head coach at a "who the hell do they think they are?" program like BC would likely hurt Jarmond's rep more than help it. Unless... he hits an absolute home run on the selection. .

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:27 pm

daz was named new england coach of the year by the gridiorn club of boston
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:22 pm

Fuck this thread with a superaids infected dick.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:47 am

hansen {l Wrote}:Fuck this thread with a superaids infected dick.

good call. you’re just the man to do it. godspeed superaids infected broccoli penis hansen
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:43 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:remember that you are aiming your point at a dude that likes to look at pictures of an elephant walk that mark Cuban organized

https://www.engadget.com/2018/11/23/the ... yptr=yahoo
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:19 pm

MJ already addressed hoops by extending JC. I think he wants to get the new hoops practice facility built before looking for a new coach. That really makes no sense, because there are plenty of good coaches available and it’s his job to find one.

As far as Daz goes, it’s either a 5 year contract at this point or bring in a new coach. You can’t go year to year waiting for a losing season to make it easy to fire Daz. If Daz finishes 9-4 he will have options and hopefully takes one.

Pete Carmichael OC of the Saints would be a very good choice to replace Daz. He would attract better recruits especially at QB. Buffalo coach could be an option even though he is a MAC coach. There are much better options than Daz and it’s MJ’s job to find them.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:02 pm

Pack yer bags, pack yer bags.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:08 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Pack yer bags, pack yer bags.

Team needs a change but I’m not convinced it is going to happen.
When would we know by? Monday?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:38 pm

it will come together and it will be beautiful
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:40 pm

i think if this is going to happen it'll take a little time (week or so), not something where we have a report tomorrow

the early signing date is a curve ball to this as well
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby durkcal on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:24 pm

BC closing out this season so flat was a big surprise to me. I didn't expect players to quit on Addazio. In the deepest, most miserable periods of his tenure - late 2015 and late 2016 - I don't remember seeing players quit.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:09 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:BC closing out this season so flat was a big surprise to me. I didn't expect players to quit on Addazio. In the deepest, most miserable periods of his tenure - late 2015 and late 2016 - I don't remember seeing players quit.

This is revisionist history, I’ve seen these kids quit on numerous occasions (including today)
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:24 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:BC closing out this season so flat was a big surprise to me. I didn't expect players to quit on Addazio. In the deepest, most miserable periods of his tenure - late 2015 and late 2016 - I don't remember seeing players quit.

This is revisionist history, I’ve seen these kids quit on numerous occasions (including today)

I hadn’t seen it until today. What are you referring to?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:36 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

They've quit in previous seasons.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

They've quit in previous seasons.

2016 VT they laid down to die.

I could argue last year against ND they decided they quit
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:32 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'm sorry that i view uninspired and not impressive as synonymous with the reign of spaz. that does not make me pleased with the new coach.

as you were, always funny and fresh pedro. my apologies for ruining your groove on this website

Unimpressive was for an 8 win season in the ACC. Uninspired was compared to other possible hires. Other than a stache and Ital heritage, Addazio and Spaz are basically nothing alike from start to finish.

I'm just a prick - there's no groove for that.

offensive and defensive stats from the 2012 season would disagree with you. oh sure, temple was better than bc... but are the differences really negligable?

coordinators and assistant coaching rosters would disagree with you.

its going to take more than an over-the-top act at a press conference to convince me that this emperor is wearing clothes. sorry we have a difference of an opinion on that

Yep more than a press conference. I really am not sure how this is debatable. When you figure it out, I'll be here.

It's partially your own fault - you've built up expectations that are hard to match. Despite the ball washers guild giving it two cups and a squeeze, it falls flat.

it's time for my annual query about where pedro and notoriousorgane are and why they don't continue to support how superawesometacular t.s. slaughter is both on and off the field.

fuck this guy in his big dumb face, with a weener smothered in underwear and catsup (and not just any catsup, but hunt's catsup... the worst of all catsups)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:12 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:it's time for my annual query about where pedro and notoriousorgane are and why they don't continue to support how superawesometacular t.s. slaughter is both on and off the field.

fuck this guy in his big dumb face, with a weener smothered in underwear and catsup (and not just any catsup, but hunt's catsup... the worst of all catsups)

I've been waiting for this post since Saturday night.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium