Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby bchockey04 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:48 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Most of the suits at MSG actually know the basic rules--something that eludes 95% of the attendees at Verizon Center and Joe B, for that matter. And that is fine, most of my friends are Caps band wagoners and I am happy to explain basic hockey concepts to them when I go to games with them (which I do every time the Rangers are in town and 2-3 other times per year). When I sat in the Caps family section a couple of times last year--my neighbor gave me his allotment--there was apparently a running gag amongst some of the Cap wives about how stupid the fans are at times with respect to understanding the game. And I am glad you admit that even decent Cap teams could not come close to selling out.

As for the Circiu reference, lets just say that Brooksie said the wrong thing to the wrong guy in Walsh Hall and took a beating for it that was apparently applauded by some of his teammates. With that said, I was told by a current Cap, who is a really good guy and the one I am actually happy for--that he, Orpik, is highly respected in the Caps locker room as evidenced by him getting the Cup after Ovie and Backstrom. Perhaps he has matured.

The bright spot in everything is that John Carlson will be gone after this year. On a roster of sandy vaginas, he was just fucking terrible. Maybe not as fajjety as Mike Green back in the day, but definitely in the same neighborhood.

Ah so many things to laugh at -- so little time

You literally lose all credence when you can find something wrong with Joe Beninati. Guy is a professional. Would argue Dave Goucher might be the only one in the business who's better. I will say that i don't understand my own fan base's love affair with John Walton. Listening to that guy call a game on the radio is like trying to figure out which EO poster is the most homo.

Orpik was good in the playoffs. He will have a miserable year next year though -- but with only one year left on his deal -- not orth buying him out.

And nothing like calling out the leading point scorer among NHL defensemen after he helps lead his team to a cup...gotta learn to pick your battles .
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:01 pm

I will tell you this in all seriousness—no one likes Carlson. Not the front office and not Trotz and he even exasperates his teammates. Did you notice the Orpik-Niskanen pairing was on the ice in every big defensive situation. Bet you didn’t because you are a Caps fan and utterly oblivious. Did you notice that Trotz hid him from Tuch’s line as much as possible because Tuch absolutely abused him? Because that happened as well.

And Joe B is a sad homer. Maybe not at the level of the ESPN reject who does Bruins games, but he isn’t in the top 20 of NHL play by play guys.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:24 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I will tell you this in all seriousness—no one likes Carlson. Not the front office and not Trotz and he even exasperates his teammates. Did you notice the Orpik-Niskanen pairing was on the ice in every big defensive situation. Bet you didn’t because you are a Caps fan and utterly oblivious. Did you notice that Trotz hid him from Tuch’s line as much as possible because Tuch absolutely abused him? Because that happened as well.

And Joe B is a sad homer. Maybe not at the level of the ESPN reject who does Bruins games, but he isn’t in the top 20 of NHL play by play guys.

Holy shit it's great when you try to be a know it all...

In fact, Carlson and Kempny played the MOST minutes of all Caps d-men against the Tuch line because Trotz had Niskanen/Orlov against the Marchessault line all series. And the "dominance" is also overstated...the Tuch line ended up with slightly more chances while on the ice, but a lot of that was score effects in the middle games because the caps were leading most of the time. Marchessault line was actually much more dominant than the Tuch line -- problem was Holtby was outstanding (and hitting a post with a wide open net doesn't help.

And a top offensive defenseman not playing the biggest defensive moments in a game is hardly a shocking development. He's not getting paid for his defensive zone prowess -- plus Trotz's love affair with Orpik also has a lot do with that. Most caps fans actually do see Carlson's limitations -- he's not super fast and he's also not the biggest most, physical guy. But his elite offensive skill is something you pay for.

Every single local play by play guy is a homer in some way. Especially when you've been with the same organization for 25 years.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:24 am

John Carlson is a goddamn American hero for what he did to Canada in the 2010 World Juniors. Nobody should besmirch his good name.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Sitting at the WGCC pool with Lars Eller right now. He’s laughing at you 04, not with you.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:15 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Sitting at the WGCC pool with Lars Eller right now. He’s laughing at you 04, not with you.

:blah

Of courrrse.

Well Tell him I said hi and thanks for the cup. But you both need to check the TOI stats for the final.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:37 am

Nice start for the B's last night!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:41 pm

highest paid coach in the nhl got worked these past 2 weeks
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:43 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:highest paid coach in the nhl got worked these past 2 weeks 8 years

Fixed. Has made it out of the first round once in 8 years and hasn't finished higher than 3rd in the division in any of those years.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:45 pm

Watching Brad Marchand cry is glorious to behold! Also nice to see Charlie McAvoy fail. Of course, he has walked on the Garden ice after losing so many big games, this is old hat for him. And Zach Stanford with the dagger.
Last edited by Dick Rosenthal on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:47 pm

Glad I skipped it. Been terrible hockey.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Los on Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:58 pm

The last two games in particular were dreadful. Seemed like both teams were content to concede the game after going down multiple goals and had no real desire to battle back.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:24 pm

An orange cone would have been more effective keeping the puck out of the net than Ullmark. I really thing he he and Lindolhom have money on Florida.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:33 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:An orange cone would have been more effective keeping the puck out of the net than Ullmark. I really thing he he and Lindolhom have money on Florida.

He's basically split duties all season long, and now he's played 8 or 9 (I'm too lazy to look it up) high-pressure games in a row and looks tired/off. That's on Monty. Swayman should have played at least one of games 4, 5, or 6.

I also question pairing Clifton with a traffic cone in Forbort. Both had disastrous nights. Gryz is a liability vs. a hard-hitting team, but Florida hasn't been that physical this series, and his ability to carry the puck was missed.

Krejci looked like an injured player out there; Frederic would have been a better choice.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:35 pm

Well, that was not expected. From my perspective the good news is that no matter how badly the Rangers shit the bed tomorrow, it will be but a small Hershey squirt of foulness in comparison to the spicy lamb vindaloo nuclear bomb of diarrhea that the Bruins just dropped. The only thing that could have made it more entertaining would be to have had Jack Edwards on the call.

Also hope Monty’s sponsor is on emergency duty tonight. There aren’t enough hookers and blow in the Greater Boston Metropolitan Area to dull Monty’s pain.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 01, 2023 7:09 am

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele