Thread where I post articles about BC football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

What is the etiquette for starting new threads?

Do not post links to articles about BC football.
5%
Post links to articles. Each article should be its own thread
14%
Post links to articles. Make one thread and then post all the articles there
41%
Delete your account.
41%

Total votes : 22

Thread where I post articles about BC football

Postby DrJackRyan on Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:17 pm

https://nypost.com/2018/08/29/boston-college-feels-all-signs-are-pointing-to-dream-2018-season/

“As I kept coming back and coming back again, I could just get that vibe from the players that something great was about to happen,” Dillon said. “It kind of sounds crazy, but it’s definitely just a feeling. You can feel it in the locker room, you can feel it talking to the coaches and talking to fans that we’re ready to take the next step. I feel like we’re there again.”
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Re: Thread where I post articles about BC football

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:37 pm

scrush2

pearl necklace
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Look out PAC-12, we're coming for you!

Postby DrJackRyan on Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:57 am

College Football’s Growing Problem: Empty Seats

Announced attendance dropped 3.2% in football’s top division last season, but schools’ ticket scans show even fewer fans in stands

By Rachel Bachman

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-footballs-growing-problem-empty-seats-1535634001
Last edited by DrJackRyan on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:44 am, edited 6 times in total.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby mod6A on Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:27 am

CONTENT!!!!!!

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:18 am

Probably belongs on a different thread...but any idea why I can't post an image? Suggestions I am using the IMG tag, but nothing shows up. Using Google chrome as a browser and IMUGR as image hosting.

I can put up the link but can't embed the image.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:14 am

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Probably belongs on a different thread...but any idea why I can't post an image? Suggestions I am using the IMG tag, but nothing shows up. Using Google chrome as a browser and IMUGR as image hosting.

I can put up the link but can't embed the image.

You have to paste the address within the Img tag and then delete the 's' in https.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:59 am

Forde-Yard Dash: 6 teams that could shake up the College Football Playoff picture

Pat Forde,Yahoo Sports•September 16, 2018

Chestnut Hill (3). Last time Boston College’s Alumni Stadium hosted a truly significant November game? That was 2007, when the Eagles were undefeated and ranked No. 2 and Florida State came to town to quickly restore ACC order. (BC lost that game and two others.) With that in mind, go ahead and circle Nov. 10 on your calendar, the date Clemson visits the Eagles. Maybe that game will matter.

Maybe throw some snow or cold into the forecast — things Clemson doesn’t deal with often — and see what happens.

While it very much remains to be seen what shape 3-0 Boston College will be in when the Tigers arrive, Clemson seemingly faces few legitimate challenges between now and then. A schedule of Georgia Tech, Wake Forest and Florida State on the road and Syracuse, North Carolina State and Louisville at home seems rather manageable.

https://sports.yahoo.com/author/pat-forde/

https://sports.yahoo.com/3497433-030254857.html
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:11 am

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Forde-Yard Dash: 6 teams that could shake up the College Football Playoff picture

Pat Forde,Yahoo Sports•September 16, 2018

Chestnut Hill (3). Last time Boston College’s Alumni Stadium hosted a truly significant November game? That was 2007, when the Eagles were undefeated and ranked No. 2 and Florida State came to town to quickly restore ACC order. (BC lost that game and two others.) With that in mind, go ahead and circle Nov. 10 on your calendar, the date Clemson visits the Eagles. Maybe that game will matter.

Maybe throw some snow or cold into the forecast — things Clemson doesn’t deal with often — and see what happens.

While it very much remains to be seen what shape 3-0 Boston College will be in when the Tigers arrive, Clemson seemingly faces few legitimate challenges between now and then. A schedule of Georgia Tech, Wake Forest and Florida State on the road and Syracuse, North Carolina State and Louisville at home seems rather manageable.

https://sports.yahoo.com/author/pat-forde/

https://sports.yahoo.com/3497433-030254857.html

Too bad that's 13 Virginia Tech and not Georgia Tech. And a ranked Miami team is in there too. NC St is also a road game. Nice work though Forde.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:36 am

He's talking about the Clemson's schedule.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:54 am

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:He's talking about the Clemson's schedule.

That's what I get for not reading all the words.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:11 am

So one person out there gives me a -4 reputation points for every post I put up no matter the content of the post.

I have no idea who you are but you seem to be a very strange and weird person to neg me on every post considering the relatively inoffensiveness of the stuff I post.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:33 am

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:So one person out there gives me a -4 reputation points for every post I put up no matter the content of the post.

I have no idea who you are but you seem to be a very strange and weird person to neg me on every post considering the relatively inoffensiveness of the stuff I post.

First rule of karma...
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:43 am

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:So one person out there gives me a -4 reputation points for every post I put up no matter the content of the post.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:50 am

Maybe they have a ghey crush on you.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:20 pm

ewww. gross.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:24 pm

Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:34 pm

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:50 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:50 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:52 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Los on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:06 pm

- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:20 pm

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:04 am

BC notebook: Steve Addazio not swept away by Top 25 ranking
Tells team to ‘just go about business’

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/college/college_football/2018/09/bc_notebook_steve_addazio_not_swept_away_by_top_25_ranking

Steve Addazio tried to downplay the significance of Boston College’s first Top 25 ranking in his six seasons at The Heights.

BC was elevated to No. 23 in the AP poll and 25th in the Amway Coaches Top 25 following a 41-34 victory at Wake Forest last Thursday.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:12 am

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:BC notebook: Steve Addazio not swept away by Top 25 ranking
Tells team to ‘just go about business’

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/college/college_football/2018/09/bc_notebook_steve_addazio_not_swept_away_by_top_25_ranking

Steve Addazio tried to downplay the significance of Boston College’s first Top 25 ranking in his six seasons at The Heights.

BC was elevated to No. 23 in the AP poll and 25th in the Amway Coaches Top 25 following a 41-34 victory at Wake Forest last Thursday.

he can say this all he wants but we all know that he goes home, pulls out the sports section from the usa today, puts on his beats (by dre), slaps on some crisco oil and treats his cockandballs like an amusement park...

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:01 am

He deserves a little credit for this, he assembled the talent and has yet to fuck it up. This is top 25 roster if he stays out of his own way, and he should be complimented for assembling it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:48 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He deserves a little credit for this, he assembled the talent and has yet to fuck it up. This is top 25 roster if he stays out of his own way, and he should be complimented for assembling it.

I actually think Daz is a good program manager. I realize this is a minority opinion here.

He hires good coaches that recruit and develop talent well. We've come a long way since the Spaz Dumpster Fire years. I think he doesn't make in-game adjustments or decisions quickly enough but he's mitigated that in the past with hires like PP and then relying on him for in-game help. Is he a prick to the media or to anyone that questions him? Of course, but as someone pointed out here recently, so are most coaches e.g. Belichik. Contrary to some, he's done a really good job overall to this point despite some mistakes along the way (Wake game, not recruiting a QB for that year which we had to rely on Fadule, etc.).

I'm curious what happens if we have a big season this year. Will other schools want to hire him? Will he want to stay or leave? I actually think he would stay (much to the detriment of TRE (rhymes with homo) and all others who despise him) but maybe I am way off base here. Hard to imagine a better situation than this. Zero media scrutiny for a P5 job. I could also see Leahy-hoo opening up the wallet a bit to keep him as well.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:58 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He deserves a little credit for this, he assembled the talent and has yet to fuck it up. This is top 25 roster if he stays out of his own way, and he should be complimented for assembling it.

I actually think Daz is a good program manager. I realize this is a minority opinion here.

He hires good coaches that recruit and develop talent well. We've come a long way since the Spaz Dumpster Fire years. I think he doesn't make in-game adjustments or decisions quickly enough but he's mitigated that in the past with hires like PP and then relying on him for in-game help. Is he a prick to the media or to anyone that questions him? Of course, but as someone pointed out here recently, so are most coaches e.g. Belichik. Contrary to some, he's done a really good job overall to this point despite some mistakes along the way (Wake game, not recruiting a QB for that year which we had to rely on Fadule, etc.).

I'm curious what happens if we have a big season this year. Will other schools want to hire him? Will he want to stay or leave? I actually think he would stay (much to the detriment of TRE (rhymes with homo) and all others who despise him) but maybe I am way off base here. Hard to imagine a better situation than this. Zero media scrutiny for a P5 job. I could also see Leahy-hoo opening up the wallet a bit to keep him as well.

As I said about 10 wins, if he turns into a genius like Belichick, he can be a prick to whomever he wants.

He's not going anywhere. He's older, he's more of a builder as a recruiter, he's very catholic, and he's very safe. And I think he thinks he can be in the hunt for the division most years.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:08 pm

quite possible, but what if Harbaugh goes 8-4? Weren't there "reports" of Michigan putting feelers out for Daz a couple of yrs ago? probably a reach, but it had enough traction that the Michigan guys I know asked me about what Daz was like.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Boston College's Jeff Smith makes successful switch from QB to WR
Rich Thompson Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Smith was quarterback Anthony Brown’s go-to split end in both the pass and run against the Demon Deacons. Smith caught six passes for a career-high 145 yards (with a long of 71) and two touchdowns. He also carried the ball on three jet sweeps for 42 yards with a long of 30.

I had forgotten this tidbit:

Smith was recruited to play quarterback out of Clearwater Central Catholic in St. Petersburg, Fla. He was under center in nine games as a true freshman and made his first career start at No. 3 Clemson.

Smith switched to wide receiver his sophomore year when Addazio brought in graduate transfer quarterback Patrick Towles from Kentucky.

Smith completed a 20-yard reverse option touchdown pass to Towles in BC’s 36-30 win over Maryland in the Quick Lane Bowl in 2016.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/college/college_football/2018/09/boston_colleges_jeff_smith_makes_successful_switch_from_qb
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:59 pm

Wait, you forgot Jeff Smith played QB?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium