Brian Kelly recruiting....

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Brian Kelly recruiting....

Postby ctyndale on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:42 pm

First commit from Austin Collinsworth, son of NBC announcer and NFL WR Cris, had this to say about the school...

“It was just a great balance of everything – a great football program and great academics,” Collinsworth said. “They have the No. 2 business school in the country and I also liked the people. I want to be an entrepreneur”

Number 2, huh?
ctyndale
n00b

Re: Brian Kelly recruiting....

Postby RyanBC on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:01 pm

lol ya that is hilarious. # 2 in some obscure category probably. or if you only count illinois and indiana (actually then #3)...

and i heard collinsworth is more like a mid major type recruit...
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:06 pm

RyanBC {l Wrote}:lol ya that is hilarious. # 2 in some obscure category probably. or if you only count illinois and indiana (actually then #3)...

You heard wrong, he's a good player, has size and is fast. Played running back this year but as a junior I think he started at QB.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby OmariWalker on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:07 pm

RyanBC {l Wrote}:lol ya that is hilarious. # 2 in some obscure category probably. or if you only count illinois and indiana (actually then #3)...

He is a white RB so more like DIII recruit
OmariWalker
Carney Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:12 pm

OmariWalker {l Wrote}:

Are that big of a moron? Last time I checked a white RB was a finalist for the Heisman this year. Are you an alias of Eagledom?
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby bcfan85 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:28 pm

white people smell like cheese
bcfan85
Carney Hall

Postby OmariWalker on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:27 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
OmariWalker {l Wrote}:

Are that big of a moron? Last time I checked a white RB was a finalist for the Heisman this year. Are you an alias of Eagledom?

No. I started the ND-Stanford thread with how is Gerhart not the favorite for Heisman. Someone went on to compare him to a DIII RB. I like white RB's.
OmariWalker
Carney Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:49 pm

bcfan85 {l Wrote}:white people smell like cheese

Exalt.
Last edited by Endless Mike on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby RyanBC on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:28 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

You heard wrong, he's a good player, has size and is fast. Played running back this year but as a junior I think he started at QB.

size and fast relative to what?

http://www.ndnation.com/boards/showpost ... 553;d=this
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby ryrob on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:22 am

#2 undergrad according to BusinessWeek (CSOM is 17th). Hate on him if you want, but he's not making up some arbitrary ranking.

http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/rankings/
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby RyanBC on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:39 am

Richmond 12th? I don't buy it. Nope.
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:29 am

The rankings are based on student surveys. BC got the top Accounting program in the nation but I've had a professor with tenure tell a whole class that he doesn't feel that is true.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:37 am

This guy is either a WR or a S. He would be best at S,but this is probably a reach for ND.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:10 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
OmariWalker {l Wrote}:

Who are the other exceptional white running backs of the last 10-15 years?
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:18 am

RyanBC {l Wrote}:Richmond 12th? I don't buy it. Nope.

Villa-fucking-nova was 11th.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:20 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
RyanBC {l Wrote}:Richmond 12th? I don't buy it. Nope.

Villa-fucking-nova was 11th.

Kellogg not in top 20? wtf
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:28 am

the devry institute has placed graduates in 96 of the Forbes 100 companies.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby RyanBC on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:50 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:the devry institute has placed graduates in 96 of the Forbes 100 companies.

I think Devry was # 1 just above ND in those rankings. Harvard Yale Stanford U CHI Dartmouth Cal Cornell Princeton Duke Brown Georgetown Northwestern BC be damned.
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby Boston Domer on Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:22 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Kellogg not in top 20? wtf

It was a ranking of undergraduate business schools.
RyanBC {l Wrote}:I think Devry was # 1 just above ND in those rankings. Harvard Yale Stanford U CHI Dartmouth Cal Cornell Princeton Duke Brown Georgetown Northwestern BC be damned.

Many of the schools you named do not offer a BBA.
Boston Domer
Carney Hall

Postby ryrob on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:29 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:The rankings are based on student surveys. BC got the top Accounting program in the nation but I've had a professor with tenure tell a whole class that he doesn't feel that is true.

Not really, try reading the methodology. That accounting survey was a completely different set of rankings. You guys should take a seat at the Player Hater's Ball, or at least try some reading comprehension.

For the 101 schools remaining, the student survey score counts for 30% of the final ranking, with the recruiter survey score contributing 20%. Starting salaries and the MBA feeder school measure contribute 10% each. The academic quality measure supplies the remaining 30%.
Last edited by ryrob on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby Sophistry on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:30 pm

Say what you want about ND, but that Collinsworth kid is a good football player from a top program-Highlands.

Again, as I posted earlier on the recruiting thread, BC needs to cross the Ohio River when in Cincy, drive 5 minutes and grab some of their talent.

ps-that signing should not be viewed as some great pick-up for ND, considering that UC was possibly his first choice until Kelly left for ND
Last edited by Sophistry on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sophistry
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:33 pm

Sophistry {l Wrote}:Say what you want about ND, but that Collinsworth kid is a good football player from a top program-Highlands.

Again, as I posted earlier on the recruiting thread, BC needs to cross the Ohio River when in Cincy, drive 5 minutes and grab some of their talent.

TEXAS, CALIFORNIA, FLORIDA....

The talent is Endless Mike.

So sad, so pathetic.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:35 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:The rankings are based on student surveys. BC got the top Accounting program in the nation but I've had a professor with tenure tell a whole class that he doesn't feel that is true.

Not really, try reading the methodology. That accounting survey was a completely different set of rankings. You guys should take a seat at the Player Hater's Ball, or at least try some reading comprehension.

For the 101 schools remaining, the student survey score counts for 30% of the final ranking, with the recruiter survey score contributing 20%. Starting salaries and the MBA feeder school measure contribute 10% each. The academic quality measure supplies the remaining 30%.

I'm just going on what was told to me and my class by my teacher. No need for the hostility or large amounts of douche baggery.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Sophistry on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:41 pm

The more that I think about Kelly's departure, the more I'm convinced that it benefits BC provided that they stay active in this area. ND's recruiting will be more against OSU and Michigan whereas UC should drop a few notches. Kelly at ND is merely an overlapping of what ND and UC were starting to broaden. That GCL type kid will be more available to BC as a result.
Sophistry
Carney Hall

Postby RyanBC on Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:56 am

I'm not saying that the kid is a bad player or the high school is a bad program.

Just that ... ND wants it to be like the 1800s when they show up they win and everyone is awed by their horsemen or other echoes. That is why if they have to fight, the turtle and crater and lose most of the time. They have no real talent advantage (just judge per the NFL although Clausen and Tate are two rare good pros that came through there last few years) and they haven't had a decided schematic advantage (LOL) under radio, davie, o'leary or fake belechick.

Too bad they couldn't get back to the Hula bowl this year to get Monty Teau II. would have been great to see clausen do that finger waggle again with his black eye.
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:29 am

bcfan85 {l Wrote}:white people smell like cheese

What kind?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:13 pm

Query:
Does having an MBA make a big deal in hiring a manager at your company?
If they have their MBA from a good school but it was online does it matter?

My buddy wants to drop $115k on an online MBA from UNC, not sure its worth it. We look at experience and the MBA could be a tie-breaker with the school being a 2nd tier tie-breaker, but I may look askance at an online degree.

This also applies to hiring butlers.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:57 pm

I immediately discount any degree received online. even at a tobaccoroad company, a unc online mba does nothing for me
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:09 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:I immediately discount any degree received online. even at a tobaccoroad company, a unc online mba does nothing for me

I think he basically looked at a list of business schools and found the best one that did online degrees. I told him its not worth the cash when he is close to 20 schools with degrees, I am not saying go to Ramapo or Columbia or bust, but you have some decent schools like RU/Seton Hall at the same cost.

Caveat, if the online degree was Columbia and he could say he went there and the degree doesnt say Online, he could probably do it. There is no way to say you went to UNC and commuted.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:16 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:I immediately discount any degree received online. even at a tobaccoroad company, a unc online mba does nothing for me

I think he basically looked at a list of business schools and found the best one that did online degrees. I told him its not worth the cash when he is close to 20 schools with degrees, I am not saying go to Ramapo or Columbia or bust, but you have some decent schools like RU/Seton Hall at the same cost.

Caveat, if the online degree was Columbia and he could say he went there and the degree doesnt say Online, he could probably do it. There is no way to say you went to UNC and commuted.

A lot of schools now get rid of the online designation on the degree. You would have no idea unless the person said something. Maybe he just really wants to be a non-sidewalk alumni Tar Heel fan?
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium