Celtics fans playoff thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Celtics fans playoff thread

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:37 am

Oh and if the Celtics had been a bigger threat last year, its very possible IT wins the MVP. This year they are a bigger threat, although probably not big enough.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:46 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Oh and if the Celtics had been a bigger threat last year, its very possible IT wins the MVP. This year they are a bigger threat, although probably not big enough.

Who said IT was better than Kyrie? And why are the Celtics a bigger threat this year? In addition to Kyrie, could it also be that Brown is much improved and they drafted the most NBA ready player?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:52 pm

He's certainly played like an MVP the last couple of games, albeit against the dregs of the NBA.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:27 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:He's certainly played like an MVP the last couple of games, albeit against the dregs of the NBA.

It was always going to take time for him to settle in to the Stevens offense, and he was not shooting well early, so you knew he would move closer to the mean on his percentage. The combination of those things is going to make him an MVP candidate.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:04 pm

I've come to a heuristic which I feel is pretty accurate; Brad Stephens is enough of a genius that he makes every player roughly 1 standard deviation better than they would be on any other team
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:55 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I've come to a heuristic which I feel is pretty accurate; Brad Stephens is enough of a genius that he makes every player roughly 1 standard deviation better than they would be on any other team

If Marcus Smart could come to the heuristic that he needs to shoot less or less poorly, the Celtics would become unstoppable.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby lobstalova on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I've come to a heuristic which I feel is pretty accurate; Brad Stephens is enough of a genius that he makes every player roughly 1 standard deviation better than they would be on any other team

If Marcus Smart could come to the heuristic that he needs to shoot less or less poorly, the Celtics would become unstoppable.

it's amazing how he still manages to be one of the best plus minus players while shooting that poorly, truly baffling.
lobstalova
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:18 am

lobstalova {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

it's amazing how he still manages to be one of the best plus minus players while shooting that poorly, truly baffling.

His jump shot is embarrassing
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:50 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
lobstalova {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

His jump shot is embarrassing

It's actually not. It's between his ears because he has good form.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:23 pm

Marcus Smart is so bad at offense
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Marcus Smart is so bad at offense

One of the single best plus minus players in the shit NBA. More smart less NBA.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

He comes off the bench so I would think a lot of his minutes are against second teamers since many NBA teams seem to have similar substitution patterns. But he does play more minutes than the average sub and does play good defense so I will give him credit.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat May 05, 2018 1:00 pm

For all you filthy degenerates out there, I raised an eyebrow when I saw Philly is -9.5 tonight

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun May 06, 2018 12:05 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:For all you filthy degenerates out there, I raised an eyebrow when I saw Philly is -9.5 tonight

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun May 06, 2018 11:15 am

For the many things that suck about the NBA, the fact that after a made basket and time-out, the team gets to inbound the ball at their end of the court could be worst.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun May 06, 2018 12:14 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:For the many things that suck about the NBA, the fact that after a made basket and time-out, the team gets to inbound the ball at their end of the court could be worst.

It's done to ncrease buzzer beaters. Everyone likes dunks, threes and buzzer beaters
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HustlinOwl on Wed May 09, 2018 4:07 pm

Hard to argue against this.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat May 19, 2018 9:18 pm

The Celtics were atrocious tonight, but you’ll never convince me these games aren’t rigged.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 28, 2018 6:55 am

goat
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcshater on Mon May 28, 2018 7:41 am

Don't follow a lot of pro basketball anymore. But LeBron showed me that he is certainly one of the best ever. After making a block though he did take the rest of the play off and didn't get down court. Guess you can do that when you are carrying your entire team too the NBA Finals.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 28, 2018 11:20 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:goat

Ugh not close. Guy is the Rob Gronkowski of hoop.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Tue May 29, 2018 10:45 am

Am I the only one that thinks the constant barrage of three point shots is boring basketball?
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Tue May 29, 2018 10:45 am

Am I the only one that thinks the constant barrage of three point shots is boring basketball?
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Tue May 29, 2018 12:49 pm

Am I the only one that thinks the NBA is boring "basketball"?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 30, 2018 9:09 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:goat

Ugh not close. Guy is the Rob Gronkowski of hoop.

This might be your worst take ever on EO
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 30, 2018 2:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

+/- is about as useful of a stat as Saves.

I'll be thrilled when Smart signs elsewhere. You can find guys that play D and can shoot above 30%, it's not mutually exclusive.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 31, 2018 7:50 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

+/- is about as useful of a stat as Saves.

I'll be thrilled when Smart signs elsewhere. You can find guys that play D and can shoot above 30%, it's not mutually exclusive.

This is about as hot a take as calling the bull in the China shop the goat.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu May 31, 2018 9:49 am

The Cavs are easy money to win the championship because the NBA is rigged and it will further the narrative that LeBroad is the GOAT and that he won a championship at his age while playing 5 on 1 against the greatest team ever assembled while also serving as the player/coach and his hair magically grows back because he rides on an inflatable banana with three other dudes while Brian Windhorst massages his man titties with non-Greek yogurt. Bank on it.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 31, 2018 12:55 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:The Cavs are easy money to win the championship because the NBA is rigged and it will further the narrative that LeBroad is the GOAT and that he won a championship at his age while playing 5 on 1 against the greatest team ever assembled while also serving as the player/coach and his hair magically grows back because he rides on an inflatable banana with three other dudes while Brian Windhorst massages his man titties with non-Greek yogurt. Bank on it.

LeBron is only in the GOAT conversation for people born after 1990.

I'd argue he wouldn't be the best player in the league now but for the fact that the entire league is terrible and is designed for him to exploit - i.e., terrible "3 and D" garbage that allows a dogshit player like Trevor Ariza or JR Smith to be a multi-millionaire, and a one dimensional spot up shooter like JJ Reddick to pull $24 million a year (Dell Curry is rolling over in his grave) - combined with (or perhaps as a direct cause of) skinny-ass jumpshooters player PF and C instead of actual power forwards and centers. See how many times LeBron goes to the hoop with Oakley and Mason in the paint, or Olajuwon and Ewing prepared to block his shot.

Used to be when you were a one-man team, the GOAT was lucky to make the playoffs.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:40 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Disagree. He's mean and the Celtics need a guy like that. The players respond to him. He has flaws but the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum