Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:50 pm

I mean Carolina traded a 3rd and 7th for a solid backup goalie/potential starter (on a dumpster fire of a team, but he should beat out Ward). The Bruins traded a 3rd round pick for a player who is arguably one of the five worst in the NHL.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:05 pm

Hextall traded the contract of a guy who hasn't played hockey since 2011 and now works for the league and a generously described third pairing defenseman with a first pairing contract for something.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:36 pm

Who just got voted into the HoF today. Wish the B's did that with Savard's $4.5M cap hit.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:56 pm

The Hamilton deal was weak and I have no idea what the Rinaldo thing was all about, but they just turned the Lucic deal into a nice return by flipping the goalie for a first and the kid from Miami OH
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:45 pm

Hamilton just signed an offer with the Flames for just $250k more a year and one year longer than the Bruins offered.

I think it's fair to say that Sweeney is not good at his job.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:04 pm

Hamilton leaving will never bother me much. He's a good player, but the idea being spun with hindsight that he is a franchise defenseman is hysterically laughable.

Getting a weak return and then fucking it up at the draft is another story.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:21 pm

Also rumors that the B's are looking into Bickell.

There may actually be one franchise that would take Tanner Glass off the Rangers' hands after all.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Hamilton leaving will never bother me much. He's a good player, but the idea being spun with hindsight that he is a franchise defenseman is hysterically laughable.

He isn't right now but is projecting to be a franchise defenseman. Which I very much believe.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:21 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Hamilton leaving will never bother me much. He's a good player, but the idea being spun with hindsight that he is a franchise defenseman is hysterically laughable.

He isn't right now but is projecting to be a franchise defenseman. Which I very much believe.

That's reading tea leaves, maybe you are right. In the meantime, my take on the news about the $250K/per and extra year is the opposite of Bombers - it doesn't look like he was ever going to sign an extension here.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

That's reading tea leaves, maybe you are right. In the meantime, my take on the news about the $250K/per and extra year is the opposite of Bombers - it doesn't look like he was ever going to sign an extension here.

Are there other ways to project 22 year old hockey players, especially defensemen? Give him a bridge contract and you risk running into a Subban situation.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:45 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Are there other ways to project 22 year old hockey players, especially defensemen? Give him a bridge contract and you risk running into a Subban situation.

That's fair. Like I said, I was in favor of bringing him back at the right price, and he's a good player. I'm just not sure I see the franchise thing. Time will tell, and it very well may turn out to be a terrible move.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Snooks Kelly on Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:22 am

Jimmy Hayes to the Bruins.
Snooks Kelly
n00b

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:37 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:What's up with this ugly Naoko broad? What happened to Katherine Tappen?

Tappen is on the NHL Network, sadly. At least we still get to see her every once in a while.

Some good news:

NESN announced in a press release at 8:02 p.m. Thursday night that Naoko Funayama, the respected sideline reporter, will not have her contract renewed when it expires this summer.

Sarah Davis is an improvement.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:02 pm

well that was unexpected
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcshater on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:01 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:well that was unexpected

Yes Julien going to Montreal was unexpected. I expected him to be hired by the end of the month but going to Montreal intensifies the rivalry ten-fold. Imagine if they meet in the playoffs !!! Both teams needed a shot in the arm and a change in leadership is a good way to start, although I have mixed emotions about Claude being canned by the B's. Shall I say the classless B's announcing Julien's firing on the day of the Patriots Super Bowl parade.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:49 am

Very impressed with McAvoy. The Bs must have the worst 3rd line in the NHL.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:38 pm

This team is good.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bcshater on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:46 am

This team is going to get on a roll. The first line is fantastic. Pastrnak a career night last night. Hard to imagine a better night, yes I know he is only 21. Pastrnak's 3rd goal with a between the legs pass to himself was outstanding.

Team did falter at the end of the regular season costing home ice advantage for the East. Memories of Claude with those losses.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:36 am

Despite the scores there have been times that the ice is tilted toward the boston goal. Much will depend on Rask. But yes they are real good.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:18 am

bcshater {l Wrote}:This team is going to get on a roll. The first line is fantastic. Pastrnak a career night last night. Hard to imagine a better night, yes I know he is only 21. Pastrnak's 3rd goal with a between the legs pass to himself was outstanding.

Team did falter at the end of the regular season costing home ice advantage for the East. Memories of Claude with those losses.

They were also averaging an injured guy per game at that point. Amazing what they’ve been able to do considering basically all their top guys outside of Rask, Krug and Pastrnak missed a decent chunk of the season with injuries.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bcshater on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:20 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bcshater {l Wrote}:This team is going to get on a roll. The first line is fantastic. Pastrnak a career night last night. Hard to imagine a better night, yes I know he is only 21. Pastrnak's 3rd goal with a between the legs pass to himself was outstanding.

They were also averaging an injured guy per game at that point. Amazing what they’ve been able to do considering basically all their top guys outside of Rask, Krug and Pastrnak missed a decent chunk of the season with injuries.

So true. Yes many injuries at the end of the regular season.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:38 am

How often do the Bruins run into a hot goaltender in the playoffs?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:25 am

Andersen has been great, but part of the reason is that Toronto has largely handled the traffic out front. About the only time the Bruins got any traffic in front of him they either scored or the puck landed on the stick of the world’s most expensive checking line forward, Rick Nash, (16 goals in 82 playoff games), which as Ranger fans could tell you is the same as not getting traffic in front. Bottom line is the Maple Leafs have adjusted and the Bruins have not, that is the primary reason they are in danger of hacking up a series they should win.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:22 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:How often do the Bruins run into a hot goaltender in the playoffs?

As often as the Caps do.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:30 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Andersen has been great, but part of the reason is that Toronto has largely handled the traffic out front. About the only time the Bruins got any traffic in front of him they either scored or the puck landed on the stick of the world’s most expensive checking line forward, Rick Nash, (16 goals in 82 playoff games), which as Ranger fans could tell you is the same as not getting traffic in front. Bottom line is the Maple Leafs have adjusted and the Bruins have not, that is the primary reason they are in danger of hacking up a series they should win.

I hate to admit you're right here, and I hope Nash plays a bigger role in the next series, but even looking at the numbers from hist last three regular seasons, he's clearly on the downside of his career. Sweeney shouldn't give him too much this off-season, if anything.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:23 pm

The Bruins finally decided to crash the net and look what happened? I’ll be interested to see how they do against Tampa which has a far superior defensive corps vis a vis Toronto. I honestly have no feel for how good the Bruins actually are. At the beginning of the series I thought they were a Cup contender. The last three games, not so much and even with last night’s win, their defense looks extremely suspect and Chara, who has been skating around with a fork sticking out of his back the past few years looks even slower and more tired then before—his fluke goal notwithstanding. If he and Girardi end up on the ice at the same time it will look like each team has a guy dragging a hundred pound bag of sand behind him, the difference being that Girardi is only logging 15-16 minutes while Chara logs 22-24.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:57 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:The Bruins finally decided to crash the net and look what happened? I’ll be interested to see how they do against Tampa which has a far superior defensive corps vis a vis Toronto. I honestly have no feel for how good the Bruins actually are. At the beginning of the series I thought they were a Cup contender. The last three games, not so much and even with last night’s win, their defense looks extremely suspect and Chara, who has been skating around with a fork sticking out of his back the past few years looks even slower and more tired then before—his fluke goal notwithstanding. If he and Girardi end up on the ice at the same time it will look like each team has a guy dragging a hundred pound bag of sand behind him, the difference being that Girardi is only logging 15-16 minutes while Chara logs 22-24.

Rask needs to play a lot better than he did most of this series. He had stretches were he looked strong, but much of the series was not great.

Toronto is really fast, which exposes the Bruins D other than Krug from time to time. Was always worried about the matchup, and given how they played after the first two games, they are probably lucky to have won. Then again, you say that about a lot of playoff hockey.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:51 pm

Toronto, Tampa, and Boston are probably the three best teams in the East. Going to 7 wasn’t too surprising.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:27 am

On top of being a mediocre hockey player, Tom Wilson is still a piece of shit.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 02, 2018 7:09 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:On top of being a mediocre hockey player, Tom Wilson is still a piece of shit.

remains absolute trash
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy