how to make nags hoop exciting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:26 pm

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:14 pm

That's hot
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:30 pm

not that anyone gives a shit but holy hell this program has turned embarrassing

some impressive highlights this season:
losses to powerhouses like dartmouth, columbia, bu & fairfield
20+ point loss to maine
30+ point loss to vt
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:36 pm

GDF really screwed up women's hoop more than nearly anything else. Fired Inglesse prematurely. Hired the clueless Crawley. Fired her. Now Johnson who doesn't seem to be able to recruit.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:36 pm

What did buttcut do?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:45 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:What did buttcut do?

Nothing. He left Johnson alone. So I guess neglect. But GDF hired the past two disasters.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:27 am

i couldnt tell you if this team is undefeated or defeated
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:56 pm

women's basketball makes men's basketball look like co-ed sailing
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Let’s see who Jarmond hires.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:36 pm

I don't think you can read much into the hire unless it's someone like Geno. i will note that Sarah Behn is the head coach at Brown and would assume gets a strong look.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:29 am

It's actually somewhat amazing that a single coach can have a losing record at 4 different schools, but HJS found her.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:13 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I don't think you can read much into the hire unless it's someone like Geno. i will note that Sarah Behn is the head coach at Brown and would assume gets a strong look.

I’ll remind everyone, a prior connection to BC and a terrible record in the Ivy League shouldn’t be enough to get a job at BC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:27 pm

Poached a Great Dane.
http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticl ... =210892788

She's won a lot... but, inherited a program on rock solid ground. Essentially, she just continued the previous success. She has yet shown the ability to do a complete gut renovation (that doesn't mean she can't). While I don't think you can extrapolate Nags Hoops to Football or MBB, it would appear that Jarmond (at the very least) seems to put a premium on prior success. This wouldn't be of note if our previous AD didn't make flagship hires of coaches coming off of poor years.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:42 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Poached a Great Dane.
http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticl ... =210892788

She's won a lot... but, inherited a program on rock solid ground. Essentially, she just continued the previous success. She has yet shown the ability to do a complete gut renovation (that doesn't mean she can't). While I don't think you can extrapolate Nags Hoops to Football or MBB, it would appear that Jarmond (at the very least) seems to put a premium on prior success. This wouldn't be of note if our previous AD didn't make flagship hires of coaches coming off of poor years.

She pretty much had a total rebuild at Pikesville. They won 4 games and were 0-18 in conference two seasons before she got there. I’m cautiously optimistic that this will be a good hire, even if it’s a slow rebuild. Since we know BC won’t pay top salaries, Jarmond looks to be hiring young up and comers. Did the same with the volleyball hire. I’d rather go this route than mediocre retreads.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:20 pm

Not that I give a shit about women’s hoops, but since I need another agenda I’ll posit the following: if we were going to hire someone from a low conference, why wouldn’t we hire Sarah Behn away from Brown. She apparently inherited a shit show on Federal Hill and has turned them into a competitive program over the last three years. Why do our ADs hate former players who have done well?
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Not that I give a shit about women’s hoops, but since I need another agenda I’ll posit the following: if we were going to hire someone from a low conference, why wouldn’t we hire Sarah Behn away from Brown. She apparently inherited a shit show on Federal Hill and has turned them into a competitive program over the last three years. Why do our ADs hate former players who have done well?

I would say it's more College Hill than Federal Hill.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:38 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Not that I give a shit about women’s hoops, but since I need another agenda I’ll posit the following: if we were going to hire someone from a low conference, why wouldn’t we hire Sarah Behn away from Brown. She apparently inherited a shit show on Federal Hill and has turned them into a competitive program over the last three years. Why do our ADs hate former players who have done well?

Federal Hill is what they call Dago Hill now, right?
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:35 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Federal Hill is what they call Dago Hill now, right?

I will say this, while Federal Hill is dingy, I think you can find quality Italian food that beats the faux-Italian in the North End.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:43 pm

Best italian in boston is in the south end and bay village. Cinquecento, da Vinci, erbaluce
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:06 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Best italian in boston is in the south end and bay village. Cinquecento, da Vinci, erbaluce

Is this like a Little Italy vs. Arthur Avenue thing?
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:46 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Best italian in boston is in the south end and bay village. Cinquecento, da Vinci, erbaluce

The places he mentions are in the most expensive sections of Boston. I think Bay Village has the highest price per sq ft. in Boston last I checked. Not like the Bronx.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:41 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

The places he mentions are in the most expensive sections of Boston. I think Bay Village has the highest price per sq ft. in Boston last I checked. Not like the Bronx.

Also those are a couple of isolated restaurants in a relatively diverse restaurant areas, not an entire Italian neighborhood like Arthur Avenue.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:05 pm

seems like the nags hoops coach might be heading to wvu, maybe she'll update fear and loathing?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:35 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:seems like the nags hoops coach might be heading to wvu, maybe she'll update fear and loathing?

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:42 pm

I'm sure we will instead find a fit... but, wouldn't you think we should reach out to Chris Dailey? Lawyers here will comment about her discrimination lawsuit as a non-starter. But, she's in the HOF and never been a Head Coach.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:44 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I'm sure we will instead find a fit... but, wouldn't you think we should reach out to Chris Dailey? Lawyers here will comment about her discrimination lawsuit as a non-starter. But, she's in the HOF and never been a Head Coach.

I am guessing WVU took a pass and she is now all sorts of excited to be a Backup College Eagle. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:18 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I'm sure we will instead find a fit... but, wouldn't you think we should reach out to Chris Dailey? Lawyers here will comment about her discrimination lawsuit as a non-starter. But, she's in the HOF and never been a Head Coach.

I am guessing WVU took a pass and she is now all sorts of excited to be a Backup College Eagle. :ace

Kinda like when you were rejected by Notre Dame and USC (and Hackley before that).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:56 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Kinda like when you were rejected by Notre Dame and USC (and Hackley before that).

To paraphrase Al Calavicci aka the late, great, Dean Stockwell: "In his mind he was always...at Hackley...at Notre Dame...at USC."
Last edited by Dick Rosenthal on Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:33 am

damn

in logi's defense, hackley has never accepted our type
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali