NCAA Tournament Day 1

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NCAA Tournament Day 1

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:08 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I like Hurley. Having watched quite a bit of URI games this year, he is a good Xs and Os guy.

It felt like yesterday there wasn't alot of thought to the offense. Long periods of standing around and trying to make something happen in isolation, though. This is my first Rhody game all year, though, so sample size and all that
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:09 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I like Hurley. Having watched quite a bit of URI games this year, he is a good Xs and Os guy and has a good feel for the game. I really could care less whether he yells and curses and I think the fact that Millenials get butt hurt when a coach chews them out is another reason to hate them.

Honestly, the best coaches I ever had were the angry task master types. Fear is a tremendous motivator and it has been my experience that games are easier when practices are brutal. The few “player’s coaches” I have played for fielded teams that were not as good in the crunch and I think it was because they were never taken to the dark place where you figure out how much pressure you can take.

I'd also be fine with Hurley.

I can't see anyone at BC going for his act though.

Now that Crean is taken I am fine with BC going after Hurley.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:55 pm

135-0 is in serious jeopardy of becoming 135-1.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:01 pm

If UVGay loses this game, I never want to hear about kicking BC out of the ACC again.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:03 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:If UVGay loses this game, I never want to hear about kicking BC out of the ACC again.

no problem

watch the game
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:05 pm

16 point deficit with just 600 seconds to go
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:09 pm

12 point deficit, with 432 seconds to go
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:16 pm

12 point deficit, 315 seconds to go.

history may yet be "made"
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:19 pm

same 12 point deficit, now down to 247 seconds
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:19 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:If UVGay loses this game, I never want to hear about kicking BC out of the ACC again.

no problem

watch the game

I am, Costco shoppers.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:22 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

no problem

watch the game

I am, Costco shoppers.

was there 3 hours ago just to gas up

I still can't believe what we are watching. This shit is fucked up
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:23 pm

17 point deficit. Did you just see the close up of the girl crying in the stands?

Wow, just wow. I thought the Arizona game last night was unbelievable. Its nothing compared to this shit
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:30 pm

17 point lead, 111 seconds

I wonder how Haven Monahan is taking this?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:31 pm

Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:33 pm

I don't know if this is the biggest upset in all of college basketball history, but it is sure worthy of mention. Its not unthinkable to be that legendary.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:36 pm

Do they have to keep giving us the close ups of everyone crying? Just focus on the players.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:49 pm

The UMBC fans (all 200 of them or whatever) don't even want to leave the court. LOL! Now the fans have to go and book rooms tonight and tomorrow night in Charlotte (or drive another 700 miles this weekend or whatever it is) so they can watch the game on Sunday. I seriously doubt any of them booked those rooms. Maybe they can just cut deals with the UVa fans that planned to stay in town?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:03 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:The UMBC fans (all 200 of them or whatever) don't even want to leave the court. LOL! Now the fans have to go and book rooms tonight and tomorrow night in Charlotte (or drive another 700 miles this weekend or whatever it is) so they can watch the game on Sunday. I seriously doubt any of them booked those rooms. Maybe they can just cut deals with the UVa fans that planned to stay in town?

You worry about weird stuff. There are 20,000+ hotel rooms in Metro Charlotte. I am sure their fans will be fine.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:07 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:The UMBC fans (all 200 of them or whatever) don't even want to leave the court. LOL! Now the fans have to go and book rooms tonight and tomorrow night in Charlotte (or drive another 700 miles this weekend or whatever it is) so they can watch the game on Sunday. I seriously doubt any of them booked those rooms. Maybe they can just cut deals with the UVa fans that planned to stay in town?

You worry about weird stuff. There are 20,000+ hotel rooms in Metro Charlotte. I am sure their fans will be fine.

It's also a convenient 5 hour drive to Florida (one of the reasons Charlotte was chosen as a host) if they want to spend Saturday at Disney or something and then come back for Sunday's game.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:10 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

yeah I'm sure you are right. They will be fine. I suppose they could crash on tre's couch
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:29 am

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

It's also a convenient 5 hour drive to Florida (one of the reasons Charlotte was chosen as a host) if they want to spend Saturday at Disney or something and then come back for Sunday's game.

Timeshare only though
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:13 am

I think we need to start talking about the America east as a multiple bid conference.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:17 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think we need to start talking about the America east as a multiple bid conference.

Does last night's score mean Albany could've beat Virginia by 70?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:21 am

acc pretty much shit the bed opening round. I feel like a big ten fan
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:33 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think we need to start talking about the America east as a multiple bid conference.

Does last night's score mean Albany could've beat Virginia by 70?

I think we split with umbc. It's Lax season anyway.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:42 am

b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:13 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:This is quite something, though:

https://www.google.com/search?q=umbc+al ... fz;dt;fp;1

There were times when they looked legit.

Time to get on the dane train.

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:20 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The year when Zoellner and the Danes almost took down UConn as a 16-seed was a good one.

I was at the Joshua Tree in Davis and hammered. My buddies and I were cheering like nuts for Das Big Man and after the game a group of UConn scrubs kept trying to get us to fight them cause they thought we were die hard Albany fans or something. We got them kicked out and my buddy took home one of their girlfriends.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:32 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The year when Zoellner and the Danes almost took down UConn as a 16-seed was a good one.

I was at the Joshua Tree in Davis and hammered. My buddies and I were cheering like nuts for Das Big Man and after the game a group of UConn scrubs kept trying to get us to fight them cause they thought we were die hard Albany fans or something. We got them kicked out and my buddy took home one of their girlfriends.

Good times. That was St Patrick's day too, I was hammered.

Dane Train is exclusive to the #1 Lacrosse team in the country however.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Good times. That was St Patrick's day too, I was hammered.

You were hammered? Big surprise.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum