Northeastern

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Northeastern

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:00 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:If I didn't have work tomorrow, I'd be getting drunk right now.

There's no way you still drink.

I never really "drank." I can count on one hand the number of times I was fully intoxicated. The worst it was, October of 1993. We went to the Hong Kong in Cambridge and I "split" two scorpion bowls with the designated driver. He didn't drink even one sip, I had two complete scorpion bowls. I sucked every drop of vodka. I was poluted beyond recognition. It was so bad, a buddy of mine told me that I had to go with him for a walk as he went to visit the ATM. Returning to the Hong Kong, I stumbled up the stairs until I was looking the bouncer square in the eye. He told my buddy that he couldn't let me back in and he proceeded to hold me by the shirt so I didn't fall down the stairs. So my buddy went back in, grabbed everyone else, and I sat alone in the back seat of the SUV ready to toss my cookies. We stopped somewhere in Brighton to get roast beef sandwiches somewhere at 2AM. But most of that night was blank for me. I woke-up drunk, not hungover, drunk.

There was an exceptionally great reason for me to get drunk that night in 1993. I had a similar reason to get drunk last night after watching every bit of that basketball game. I still can't even fucking believe what I saw. And I do not want to remember it.

What did you do with the other half of the nanny?

2 years later councilor, 2 years later
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:14 pm

The Betardos choked, the Tedwardos were upset by the Drain Cloggers, Fordham lost, Boise was just upset and is on the wrong side of the bubble ... will any board members have a team in the tournament?
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:22 am

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:The Betardos choked, the Tedwardos were upset by the Drain Cloggers, Fordham lost, Boise was just upset and is on the wrong side of the bubble ... will any board members have a team in the tournament?

I think Dick's Bonnies will make the cut.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:33 am

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:The Betardos choked, the Tedwardos were upset by the Drain Cloggers, Fordham lost, Boise was just upset and is on the wrong side of the bubble ... will any board members have a team in the tournament?

What about Dick's Fighting Irish?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:48 am

I don’t really root for Notre Dame in basketball. That isn’t to say that I wish them ill, but I have not gotten excited about a Notre Dame basketball team since the days of Kelly Tripucka, Tracy Jackson, Rich Branning, Bill Laimbeer, Tim Andre, Joe Klein and the late, great Orlando Woolridge. That isn’t to say, I did not enjoy the David Rivers-Donald Royal-Gary Voce-Tim Kempton-Scott Hicks iteration that finished off the last iteration of the Michael Jordan-Sam Perkins-Kenny Smith UNC team or the more recent iteration that clobbered Duke in the ACC Championship and almost took out and Kentucky before following that up with taking out Wisconsin the following year, but I don’t go out of May to watch them.

The Bonnies are a different story. I will always root for a scrappy underdog team that does more with a hell of a lot less than it’s Conference brethren. I would like it a lot if BC embraces that attitude vis a vis the rest of the ACC instead of whining about land constraints and local politicians and academic expectations are the reason we can’t have nice things. Would love to see them win the A10 this weekend, which Lunardi thinks would get them up from an 8/9 to a 5 seed.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Bumpers on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:01 pm

The Loyola Ramblers, my friends. And as good Jesuits, you all should be rooting for the Iggies of the North Shore, too, and you don't even have to change the Maroon and Gold colors.

Their story is worth rooting for, too. This team is everybody's little brother, an hard-scrabble group of no quit. Have not been in the tourney since 1985 but won it all in '63. I went to HS with the head coach, who really earned his stripes if only for having to smell Majerus for 1 year at SLU.

GO RAMBLERS!

:chewbanka :chewbanka
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:15 pm

And just so I can continue with my relentless agenda, the AD of Loyola Chicago is Steve Watson, the former AD at Bonnies and the guy who hired Mark Schmidt. He also does a great spiel about Butt Cutt if you can get some drinks in him. Watson is a great guy and I could not be happier for him.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:02 pm

Is Dick loyal to the Bonnies or to the coach? Because if this is just a coaching agenda, then we have to include Auburn, Providence, Villanova, any team coached by one of MoJ's top 75 candidates, maybe Penn--one of you assholes is probably rooting for Penn, right? Kennesaw State isn't going to make the tournament, though, sorry Glacier.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:40 pm

I have been rooting for Bonnies since Essie Hollis and Greg Sanders were destroying Otis Birdsong and Houston for the NIT Championship. I can remember fondly the heady days when Earl Belcher and Delmar Harrod were whipping up on Roosevelt Bowie and Marty Head of Syracuse in the ECAC Game of the Week on NBC.

Look, I like Schmitty. Always have and always will. But the record will also reflect he was never my first choice when Becker was given the gate. I merely said he was low hanging fruit—alum and local boy who would not cost a lot—and was demonstrably and objectively better at coaching and program building than Jimmy Christian.

The Jimmy Christian love is something I will never understand. Objectively, Butt Cutt may be the worst AD ever, anywhere. Jimmy C is one of his two big moves. That should tell you all you need to know about the TCU wash out.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I have been rooting for Bonnies since Essie Hollis and Greg Sanders were destroying Otis Birdsong and Houston for the NIT Championship. I can remember fondly the heady days when Earl Belcher and Delmar Harrod were whipping up on Roosevelt Bowie and Marty Head of Syracuse in the ECAC Game of the Week on NBC.

Look, I like Schmitty. Always have and always will. But the record will also reflect he was never my first choice when Becker was given the gate. I merely said he was low hanging fruit—alum and local boy who would not cost a lot—and was demonstrably and objectively better at coaching and program building than Jimmy Christian.

The Jimmy Christian love is something I will never understand. Objectively, Butt Cutt may be the worst AD ever, anywhere. Jimmy C is one of his two big moves. That should tell you all you need to know about the TCU wash out.

No one loves Jimmy C. He's a decent X's and O's guy that landed a few very good players in four years. He's also landed a lot of bad ones and wash outs. I just think the idea that he is Addazio level bad at X's and O's is stupid. He completely obliterated the Cuse zone a few games ago and he coached circles around the new star at NCSU
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:52 am

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}: Providence

kudos are due to cooley

was in the building last night and his team just doesn't quit. they don't have the talent of some of his previous teams and sure it's not the most glorious style of basketball as they employ a looser version of al's flex but hey 3rd win versus a top 5 team this year.

hasn't been under .500 in the big east since his first year and on his way to 5th straight ncaa tourney for a program that hadn't been to back to back ncaas in more than 2 decades before his arrival.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:54 am

Bumpers {l Wrote}:The Loyola Ramblers, my friends. And as good Jesuits, you all should be rooting for the Iggies of the North Shore, too, and you don't even have to change the Maroon and Gold colors.

Their story is worth rooting for, too. This team is everybody's little brother, an hard-scrabble group of no quit. Have not been in the tourney since 1985 but won it all in '63. I went to HS with the head coach, who really earned his stripes if only for having to smell Majerus for 1 year at SLU.

GO RAMBLERS!

:chewbanka :chewbanka

That '85 team was led by Alfredrick Hughes...talk about a scrappy player.

I am with you....Go Ramblers.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:56 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

kudos are due to cooley

was in the building last night and his team just doesn't quit. they don't have the talent of some of his previous teams and sure it's not the most glorious style of basketball as they employ a looser version of al's flex but hey 3rd win versus a top 5 team this year.

hasn't been under .500 in the big east since his first year and on his way to 5th straight ncaa tourney for a program that hadn't been to back to back ncaas in more than 2 decades before his arrival.

No, wait everyone here says he is a horrible coach. How can he have had such success? Luck? No, it has to be the assistant coaches.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:13 am

I like Cooley. I don’t think he is much of an X and Os guy, but his kids play hard for him and they don’t shrink in the moment like ours do under the brave leadership of Jimmy Christian. Also, Kevin Olley got fired today, three years after winning a National Title and despite being a legendary alum. I may have nothing but contempt for UCONN, but I have to give them credit for being committed to winning. No way does Jimmmy Christian survive to this point in Storrs and no way does he get to come back after repeatedly giving away games in the final minute because the team may or may not have talent coming back. We have such a loser mentality as an athletic program and it makes me sick—like all the joy over getting through the weak sister portion of the ACC tournament and being on the bubble for the NIT.

All I know is that I will be dealing with another year of Steve Addazzio underperforming when it matters and that will be followed up by The TCU Quitter coming back with enough talent to be a high NCAA seed which I know translates into being on the NCAA bubble and another year of saying “almost there.”
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:04 pm

Pitt fired Kevin Stallings after two years and an 0-19 conference record. BC? Gives Christian an extension after the same.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:29 pm

glad someone caught that

diallo is a very good player, steff with a good offensive game
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:06 am

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:

Is Dick loyal to the Bonnies or to the coach? Because if this is just a coaching agenda, then we have to include Auburn, Providence, Villanova, any team coached by one of MoJ's top 75 candidates, maybe Penn--one of you assholes is probably rooting for Penn, right? Kennesaw State isn't going to make the tournament, though, sorry Glacier.

Ah, it's all politics anyway
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:28 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}: Also, Kevin Olley got fired today, three years after winning a National Title and despite being a legendary alum. I may have nothing but contempt for UCONN, but I have to give them credit for being committed to winning.

i wouldn't exactly hold up what's going on at storrs as how we want bc to be run.

they were either cheating (again) and holy shit do they really suck or they're a bankrupt program in a bankrupt state trying to disgrace an alum to save some $$ and it's about to get ugly: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... just-cause

that fanbase is in for a surprise. you take a gander at the puppy pound and some of the candidates they want are billy donovan, rick pitino, & the corpse of calhoun. despite it's success from the mid 90s through 2014, it's not an attractive job.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:47 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

kudos are due to cooley

No, wait everyone here says he is a horrible coach. How can he have had such success? Luck? No, it has to be the assistant coaches.

Cooley gets talent (albeit most can’t read) and gets them to play hard. He is horrific at actually coaching basketball.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:58 pm

Just noting that Beeker has taken Penn to the Dance after a decade in the wilderness. A bad coach at the ACC level—it amuses me that Beeker and Amaker are the two best coaches in the Ivy League after failing horribly in the ACC and Big Ten. With that said, Jimmy Christian was not an upgrade and we are stuck with another year of this obviously failed experiment. I am guessing Beeker has gone to back to back NCAAs by the time the current coaching farce ends.

The whole reason you fire an incompetent like Beeker is to hire someone appreciably better. Butt Cutt failed, as he did in all things he touched at BC, miserably.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:58 pm

I liked Donahue and I am happy for him, but JC > Beeker. Beeker was a stubborn, control freak who didn't hire a ACC level staff so he never recruited well and didn't adjust well to opponents.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:11 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Just noting that Beeker has taken Penn to the Dance after a decade in the wilderness. A bad coach at the ACC level—it amuses me that Beeker and Amaker are the two best coaches in the Ivy League after failing horribly in the ACC and Big Ten. With that said, Jimmy Christian was not an upgrade and we are stuck with another year of this obviously failed experiment. I am guessing Beeker has gone to back to back NCAAs by the time the current coaching farce ends.

The whole reason you fire an incompetent like Beeker is to hire someone appreciably better. Butt Cutt failed, as he did in all things he touched at BC, miserably.

Can’t believe he’s already been at Penn for 3 years already.
Jesus, time goes by fast.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:20 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Just noting that Beeker has taken Penn to the Dance after a decade in the wilderness. A bad coach at the ACC level—it amuses me that Beeker and Amaker are the two best coaches in the Ivy League after failing horribly in the ACC and Big Ten. With that said, Jimmy Christian was not an upgrade and we are stuck with another year of this obviously failed experiment. I am guessing Beeker has gone to back to back NCAAs by the time the current coaching farce ends.

Can’t believe he’s already been at Penn for 3 years already.
Jesus, time goes by fast.

I’ve been critical of JC but he’s easily better than Donahue. BC now has a team that can compete and win against anyone. Recruiting has also clearly picked up with the 2018 class.

For a while I wanted BC to hire Amaker, but now it’s clear Amaker would have been terrible at BC. Amaker has been and will always be successful at Harvard but he’s winning because there’s a massive talent gap between his team and the rest of the Ivys. That doesn’t fly in the Power 5. For different reasons Donahue is a good coach in Ivy but bad in Power 5. Donahue is a decent Xs and Os and is now in a conference where he doesn’t need to recruit at a high level. With the exception of a couple players he essentially recruited an Ivy League roster to play in the ACC.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:34 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

kudos are due to cooley

Cooley gets talent (albeit most can’t read) and gets them to play hard. He is horrific at actually coaching basketball.

So if he doesn't coach basketball how do they win? Luck or TRE's empty chair doing the coaching?

Are you OJ? Be honest.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:13 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

kudos are due to cooley

So if he doesn't coach basketball how do they win? Luck or TRE's empty chair doing the coaching?

College basketball is 90-95% talent. If it were not, Cooley would be selling insurance or some other profession.
Are you OJ? Be honest.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:34 am

Cadillac do you get this upset when people say Roy Williams can't coach?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:00 am

In fairness, Cooley isn't getting the same talent as Roy. He's also no threat to win the national title.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:01 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:In fairness, Cooley isn't getting the same talent as Roy. He's also no threat to win the national title.

Right but its the same principle. Talent and motivation covering for coaching deficencies
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:27 am

i miss oj
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum