2018 ACCT Brooklyn, NY

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2018 ACCT Brooklyn, NY

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:30 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:It was their C game when they needed a little better. This team was beatable

Kudos to Clem they made shots and played extremely aggressive on Jerome and Ky. Needed pop / JC to have games like last night and didn’t happen. Also they didn’t miss from the line

Clemson still has the best off the court talent in the acc ( both :cheer and pre bojangles diet divisions)

Agreed here.

That was also a very fun run that’s the most fun I’ve had watching BC Basketball in a long time.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:33 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Hey, you still have the Bonnies.

True. And a coach who wouldn’t let Nik Popovic play point forward on back to back sets in the last four minutes of a four point game when Nik generally wants to pee on himself when he gets the ball in tight situations. Was watching the game with a guy who was Othell Wilson’s back up at UVA back during the Ralph Sampson era. He was confounded as I. Shit even Dakich, who was shitting all over BC/riding Jimmy C’s jock for likely making an NIT in his fourth season, made the comment that BC was completely unsettled down the stretch and he was surprised that Christian hadn’t taken a TO to calm them down.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:36 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Also they didn’t miss from the line

There are many lines on a basketball court. Please be more specific.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:50 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Dick I would have thought you were a burning tree man

I am, but I live down the street from WGCC and it is the family club. Also, a lot easier to get home after an afternoon of day drinking and let’s face it, coming home buzzed from Burning Tree is a recipe for really pissing off a wife who is already angry that I belong to a club that only lets her on he grounds once a year to buy me Christmas presents from the pro shop. Also, I’ll admit that it hasn’t been the same since Nino died and Boehner went back to Ohio/Florida. There was something surreal and entirely worth the social climbing and wheedling necessary to secure a membership to see Nino Scalia teeing off in gym shorts and a Property of Notre Dame Football T-shirt or watching Boehner chain smoke his way to a 72 while making jokes about how bad Obama sucks at golf—which he does.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:37 pm

I can't speak to this game as I didn't watch, but overall I'm happy for the team. If we don't get NIT, we've been snubbed. We earned it. A 19 win ACC team has to get to the NIT. No bad losses, several good wins, finished on a high note and ACC player of the year runner up.

I really hope Robinson comes back. If so, I could see BC being a Top 25 team next year. :koolaid
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:38 am

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:I can't speak to this game as I didn't watch, but overall I'm happy for the team. If we don't get NIT, we've been snubbed. We earned it. A 19 win ACC team has to get to the NIT. No bad losses, several good wins, finished on a high note and ACC player of the year runner up.

I really hope Robinson comes back. If so, I could see BC being a Top 25 team next year. :koolaid

They’ll be somewhere between a 3-5 seed in the NIT.

There are some logistical hangups though they need to work through.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:30 am

If Robinson comes back next year it could be a very good team depending on how ready Tabbs and Hamilton are. It doesn't seem like Robinson is getting that much attention in articles about the draft. I don't think he has that much potential to be a great NBA player, it's just that it has become rare to see a productive player stay 4 years, but who knows what he'll do especially with Europe paying more and more nowadays.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:20 am

I was not aware of this, but nospacepidia says a number of "experimental" rule changes will be in effect for the NIT this year:

- Games will be played in 10-minute quarters instead of 20-minute halves. The NCAA has used this timing convention for women's basketball since the 2015–16 season.
- As in NCAA women's basketball, as well as the 2017 NIT,[3] there will be no "one-and-one" foul shots. Starting with the fifth foul in each quarter, non-shooting fouls by the defense result in two free throws, with the exception of administrative technical fouls (for which only one shot is awarded).
- The three-point line will change to the current FIBA distance of 6.75 meters (22 ft 1.75 in) from the center of the basket, except along the sidelines. Once the arc reaches a distance of 3 feet (0.91 m) from the sideline, it will become a straight line parallel to the sideline.
- The free-throw lane will be 16 feet wide, the same width as in NBA and FIBA rules, instead of the 12 feet in the current NCAA rules.
- The shot clock will be reset to 20 seconds after an offensive rebound.

This will be weird. 20-second shot clock after an offensive rebound? WTF?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:50 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I was not aware of this, but nospacepidia says a number of "experimental" rule changes will be in effect for the NIT this year:

- Games will be played in 10-minute quarters instead of 20-minute halves. The NCAA has used this timing convention for women's basketball since the 2015–16 season.
- As in NCAA women's basketball, as well as the 2017 NIT,[3] there will be no "one-and-one" foul shots. Starting with the fifth foul in each quarter, non-shooting fouls by the defense result in two free throws, with the exception of administrative technical fouls (for which only one shot is awarded).
- The three-point line will change to the current FIBA distance of 6.75 meters (22 ft 1.75 in) from the center of the basket, except along the sidelines. Once the arc reaches a distance of 3 feet (0.91 m) from the sideline, it will become a straight line parallel to the sideline.
- The free-throw lane will be 16 feet wide, the same width as in NBA and FIBA rules, instead of the 12 feet in the current NCAA rules.
- The shot clock will be reset to 20 seconds after an offensive rebound.

This will be weird. 20-second shot clock after an offensive rebound? WTF?

They left out the 4 point shot?

Also, will the net light on fire with Robinson makes 3 in a row?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:57 am

do the bring down the 25 point basket with 5 minutes remaining in the 4th?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:00 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:It was their C game when they needed a little better. This team was beatable

Kudos to Clem they made shots and played extremely aggressive on Jerome and Ky. Needed pop / JC to have games like last night and didn’t happen. Also they didn’t miss from the line

Clemson still has the best off the court talent in the acc ( both :cheer and pre bojangles diet divisions)

Agreed here.

That was also a very fun run that’s the most fun I’ve had watching BC Basketball in a long time.

I agree with you micro. I forgot that college basketball could be so fun. been way too long. thanks a lot gene
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:44 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Agreed here.

I agree with you micro. I forgot that college basketball could be so fun. been way too long. thanks a lot gene

I hope this finally puts the "BC never shoulda left the Big East" argument to bed. This was a fun tournament and the team was fun to watch in the post season. BC became a little bit of a neutral crowd/ media darling too which was fun.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:14 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Agreed here.

I hope this finally puts the "BC never shoulda left the Big East" argument to bed. This was a fun tournament and the team was fun to watch in the post season. BC became a little bit of a neutral crowd/ media darling too which was fun.

I heard it from 3 people this week. That argument will never die
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:25 am

"The ACC isn’t simply comprised of Tobacco Road schools anymore. With recent additions like Syracuse, Pitt and Boston College, there are 15 schools in the conference, and having the tournament in the New York area isn’t as far-fetched as it once sounded"

https://nypost.com/2018/03/11/acc-tourn ... come-back/

I get it, most newspaper sportswriters are aged 50 or older, but it's been 13 years BC's been in the ACC. It was 5 or 6 years after Flutie graduated BC that I started there and that seemed like forever then. I bet these guys were yelling at Marquette to get out their yard over at the Big East Torunament.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Los on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:59 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Also, will the net light on fire with Robinson makes 3 in a row?

That's only in the T.E. version of the NIT.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum