Northeastern

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Northeastern

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:02 pm

13-7 (6-2 CAA)

Currently 1st place
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:12 pm

What division is that?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:What division is that?

Division-1 counselor. As a 14 seed, we almost (almost being the operative word) beat Notre Dame in the first round of the REAL March Madness just 3 years ago. In fact, ours was the very first tip off of the true opening round of the tourney. I certainly hope we will return to the tourney this year.

BC plays in the best hoops conference in division-1. Its not even a question. My alma-mater plays in maybe the 6th or 7th WORST conference in all of division 1. There are no teams that get "at-large" bids from CAA. You need to win it all to get in, there is no other way. Given how well my Huskies are playing I give us (at best) 30% chance of making the tourney this year.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:57 pm

Big win tonight, 14-7 (7-2 CAA, #1)

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology

We are a #14 seed. I'll take it
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:13 am

18-9 (11-4 in the CAA)

We need a big win today over William & Mary. We are number 2 on the conference. We have to win the CAA tournament to advance to the only hoops tournament that matters in college basketball. College of Charleston beat us twice and will likely beat us a third time in the tourney. I give us at best, 20% shot of making March Madness.

I think heads up, this BC would probably beat us by (say) 5 or 6 points on a neutral court. We don't have your backcourt. Your guys are just better, just better. Coen gets the most out of what we have.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:33 pm

Northeastern sucks. Sixth IB the America east at best.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Northeastern sucks.

We got lucky yesterday. 19-9 (12-4 CAA).

Teddy my alma mater is going to have a real hard time in the CAA tournament in just a few days. I give us now (at best) 15% shot at making March Madness.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Sixth IB the America east at best.

Northeastern would not finish 6th in the American East conference. You are high on crack Teddy. A Coen coached Northeastern would win that lame-ass conference every single year.

IMHO, the conferance rankings (from the top all the way down to CAA)

• ACC
  • BIG T(14)N
  • Big-XII(10)
  • Pac-12
  • SEC
  • Big East
  • WCC
  • AAC
  • Ohio Valley
  • Mountain West
  • Conference USA
  • CAA (all the way the fuck down here)

but there are division-1 conferences much worse than ours including the American East
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:12 pm

20-9 (13-4 CAA)

Unfortunately the last game of the regular season is entirely meaningless. My Huskies have locked up the #2 spot in the CAA tournament. They can not improve nor can they be over taken in their ranking. Only the winner of the CAA tourney advances to the real tourney. And its like to be the College of Charleston or Northeastern with the bid, typically a 14 seed.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:55 am

Regular season co-champs 21-9 (14-4 CAA)

Well done gentlemen. And we didn't have bribe anyone with $100,000 the way they did in Arizona
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:44 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:BC plays in the best hoops conference in division-1. Its not even a question. My alma-mater plays in maybe the 6th or 7th WORST conference in all of division 1. There are no teams that get "at-large" bids from CAA. You need to win it all to get in, there is no other way. Given how well my Huskies are playing I give us (at best) 30% chance of making the tourney this year.

KenPom gives you a 29.6% chance.

Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:59 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:BC plays in the best hoops conference in division-1. Its not even a question. My alma-mater plays in maybe the 6th or 7th WORST conference in all of division 1. There are no teams that get "at-large" bids from CAA. You need to win it all to get in, there is no other way. Given how well my Huskies are playing I give us (at best) 30% chance of making the tourney this year.

KenPom gives you a 29.6% chance.

I'll take it.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:55 pm

on to the semi-finals
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:21 pm

36 - 27 at halftime, Huskies up

I'll take it
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:38 pm

That is getting it done! Well done Coach Bill building this team.

Basically, its an away game. Win it and we dance. I give us a 45% shot.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Northeastern is a buzzsaw, IB. I give them a 70% chance of not blowing this.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:25 pm

northeastern is filling it up from 3 point land but they're not getting to the charity stripe. i don't like how this is turning for the huskies, i give them a 69% chance of blowing this
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:30 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:northeastern is filling it up from 3 point land but they're not getting to the charity stripe. i don't like how this is turning for the huskies, i give them a 69% chance of blowing this

tell the truth - you were looking at your schwanz and thinking about chase rettig's tailgate during the usc game as you typed this, weren't you
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:39 pm

They're missing bunnies and turning the rock over. If Coach Bill doesn't get this thing settled down, they have no better than a 63% chance of putting on their dancing shoes.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:35 pm

maybe they can get an at-large bid from the charity stripe. not likely though - as there are probably women on the selection committee and they'll only chose the alpha mcstudly's available for selection

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:44 pm

Up by 17 early in the second half.

We lose in overtime. Oh well. If I didn't have work tomorrow, I'd be getting drunk right now.

Guess I can still root for BC.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:16 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Up by 17 early in the second half.

We lose in overtime. Oh well. If I didn't have work tomorrow, I'd be getting drunk right now.

Guess I can still root for BC.

You still get drunk? :quadlaser
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:58 pm

Epic choke. I'll take it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Epic choke. I'll take it.

Yes, they choked. That is going to be an awful flight back to Boston
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:19 pm

I am going contrarian here, perhaps because I just spent the weekend in Charleston and found the CoC crowd there to be annoying. I wanted Northeastern to win. IB aside, Infind most NU grads to be exponentially preferable to BU, Tufts, Harvard, Brandeis and Emerson grads I have been subjected to over the years. I also like Bill Coen. He was a good assistant at BC.

With that said, if I were an NU fan I would do the honorable thing and commit sepuku right about now. :suicide :gun
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:22 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I am going contrarian here, perhaps because I just spent the weekend in Charleston and found the CoC crowd there to be annoying. I wanted Northeastern to win. IB aside, Infind most NU grads to be exponentially preferable to BU, Tufts, Harvard, Brandeis and Emerson grads I have been subjected to over the years. I also like Bill Coen. He was a good assistant at BC.

With that said, if I were an NU fan I would do the honorable thing and commit sepuku right about now. :suicide :gun

We don't get many real opportunities to get into the tournament. Its like a wasted year. I am disappointed.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:58 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:If I didn't have work tomorrow, I'd be getting drunk right now.

There's no way you still drink.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:29 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:If I didn't have work tomorrow, I'd be getting drunk right now.

I never really "drank." I can count on one hand the number of times I was fully intoxicated. The worst it was, October of 1993. We went to the Hong Kong in Cambridge and I "split" two scorpion bowls with the designated driver. He didn't drink even one sip, I had two complete scorpion bowls. I sucked every drop of vodka. I was poluted beyond recognition. It was so bad, a buddy of mine told me that I had to go with him for a walk as he went to visit the ATM. Returning to the Hong Kong, I stumbled up the stairs until I was looking the bouncer square in the eye. He told my buddy that he couldn't let me back in and he proceeded to hold me by the shirt so I didn't fall down the stairs. So my buddy went back in, grabbed everyone else, and I sat alone in the back seat of the SUV ready to toss my cookies. We stopped somewhere in Brighton to get roast beef sandwiches somewhere at 2AM. But most of that night was blank for me. I woke-up drunk, not hungover, drunk.

There was an exceptionally great reason for me to get drunk that night in 1993. I had a similar reason to get drunk last night after watching every bit of that basketball game. I still can't even fucking believe what I saw. And I do not want to remember it.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:41 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:I was poluted beyond recognition.

You are a board treasure.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:34 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

I never really "drank." I can count on one hand the number of times I was fully intoxicated. The worst it was, October of 1993. We went to the Hong Kong in Cambridge and I "split" two scorpion bowls with the designated driver. He didn't drink even one sip, I had two complete scorpion bowls. I sucked every drop of vodka. I was poluted beyond recognition. It was so bad, a buddy of mine told me that I had to go with him for a walk as he went to visit the ATM. Returning to the Hong Kong, I stumbled up the stairs until I was looking the bouncer square in the eye. He told my buddy that he couldn't let me back in and he proceeded to hold me by the shirt so I didn't fall down the stairs. So my buddy went back in, grabbed everyone else, and I sat alone in the back seat of the SUV ready to toss my cookies. We stopped somewhere in Brighton to get roast beef sandwiches somewhere at 2AM. But most of that night was blank for me. I woke-up drunk, not hungover, drunk.

There was an exceptionally great reason for me to get drunk that night in 1993. I had a similar reason to get drunk last night after watching every bit of that basketball game. I still can't even fucking believe what I saw. And I do not want to remember it.

What did you do with the other half of the nanny?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:54 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

What did you do with the other half of the nanny?

i'm sure he burned it as he was even more afraid of the other half. that's where the microvagina was
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum