Current Scholarship status/positional breakdowns by class

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Current Scholarship status/positional breakdowns by class

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:24 pm

moving the hilliman talk away from '18 recruiting thread:

@EagleInsiders

#EagleInsiders has the latest on a possible transfer out of the #BCFootball program and where that player may be heading (AAVIP) https://247sports.com/college/boston-co ... -112824743 … #BC #BCEagles #BostonCollege @BrianDohn247 @SamHellman247

pic in the header is of hilliman

and he tweeted this last night:
Jonathan Ⓜ️ Hilliman
@JMH_32
Interesting off season ahead
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:51 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:moving the hilliman talk away from '18 recruiting thread:

@EagleInsiders

#EagleInsiders has the latest on a possible transfer out of the #BCFootball program and where that player may be heading (AAVIP) https://247sports.com/college/boston-co ... -112824743 … #BC #BCEagles #BostonCollege @BrianDohn247 @SamHellman247

pic in the header is of hilliman

and he tweeted this last night:
Jonathan Ⓜ️ Hilliman
@JMH_32
Interesting off season ahead

He will never be the #1 back at BC, but I would rather be the #2 here, then fight for a job at RU. Its not like he is transferring to RU or tOSU. RU blows, I wont hire an RU grad and I am in-state.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:09 pm

I'd prefer Hilliman stay, but he should transfer if he has any aspirations of playing at the next level.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:22 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I'd prefer Hilliman stay, but he should transfer if he has any aspirations of playing at the next level.

Freshman year I thought he might have that ability, not sure anymore, but it may be because he is being compared to Dillon.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:36 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I'd prefer Hilliman stay, but he should transfer if he has any aspirations of playing at the next level.

Freshman year I thought he might have that ability, not sure anymore, but it may be because he is being compared to Dillon.

I don't think he has it, but far be it from me to tell him not to try.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:42 pm

Good kid. Has his diploma. He should go where he'll play a significant role. Same for Wade. Neither are starting at BC next year. Wish both alums good luck.

Btw... to confirm... Perry's redshirt was burned for a single meaningless handoff in Fenway against Yukon. Never saw the field after that. Correct? That could go down as a DiCoscmo/Merritt like burning.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:45 pm

Wade's gone per IG post.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:57 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Wade's gone per IG post.

Good luck to him. Hear he is a really good kid.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:30 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Wade's gone per IG post.

Good luck to him. Hear he is a really good kid.

According to the telecast during the Cuse game, AJ credited Darius for helping him adjust at the beginning of the season. Best of luck to him.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:10 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Good kid. Has his diploma. He should go where he'll play a significant role. Same for Wade. Neither are starting at BC next year. Wish both alums good luck.

Btw... to confirm... Perry's redshirt was burned for a single meaningless handoff in Fenway against Yukon. Never saw the field after that. Correct? That could go down as a DiCoscmo/Merritt like burning.

As should be obvious to anyone with a brain rather than cranial cavity packed with ketchup, if you're going to incinerate a guy's redshirt to purportedly prepare him for game action, you probably ought to let him do something, anything which actually would prepare him for game action.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:10 pm

Be shocked if Perry ever plays much. His burnt redshirt means nothing
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Be shocked if Perry ever plays much. His burnt redshirt means nothing

I’d agree here
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 31southst on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:10 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Be shocked if Perry ever plays much. His burnt redshirt means nothing

I’d agree here

I agree but that doesn't mean it wasn't still a really dumb move.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:48 am

Anyone who suggests that Hilliman has a realistic chance at an NFL future, a chance that would be enhanced by transferring down, does him a disservice. He's not that good. Better to work on a masters at BC where he is only a play away from a Dillon injury and where he's as likely to continue seeing the field a fair amount in any event.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:56 am

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:Anyone who suggests that Hilliman has a realistic chance at an NFL future, a chance that would be enhanced by transferring down, does him a disservice. He's not that good. Better to work on a masters at BC where he is only a play away from a Dillon injury and where he's as likely to continue seeing the field a fair amount in any event.

Hilliman was an NFL prospect before the injury. I don't know if it's mental or physical, but he hasn't been the same since. That said, being that close, I can certainly understand wanting one last shot. He has a diploma. He's not going for an MBA (norncould a FB player ever realistically do it during the season). So, the value of these alleged "graduate" classes are suspect whether they are at BC or elsewhere. These are simply Tyler Murphy-type scenarios. Good kids. Fulfilled their obligations to their parents and school. Now, just looking for one last shot. They probably will have a blast wherever they land.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:21 am

Hillman has NFL size and talent and can catch and run block. At worst he's a Brandon Bolden if he can get the pre injury step back that he was missing. He showed some signs this season, it's worth a shot.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:04 am

not that it's a surprise but hilliman is going to visit rutgres this weekend

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index ... to_vi.html
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:06 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:247 / eagleinsiders had an article about zach allen returning for his senior year. I didn't realize it was in question but they said early evaluations have him as a 2nd rounder in this years draft. seems like they deleted article & tweet.

CONFIRMED

https://sports.yahoo.com/boston-college ... 21565.html
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:16 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:247 / eagleinsiders had an article about zach allen returning for his senior year. I didn't realize it was in question but they said early evaluations have him as a 2nd rounder in this years draft. seems like they deleted article & tweet.

CONFIRMED

Great quotes from Allen. I’m also optimistic. Brown just needs to come back 100% and stay healthy.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:45 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

CONFIRMED

Great quotes from Allen. I’m also optimistic. Brown just needs to come back 100% and stay healthy.

and not be wildly inaccurate, but that's a topic for another thread.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:37 pm

John Swofford and the ACC pushing a proposal to allow players to play in up to 4 games and still qualify for a redshirt: https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status ... 8413854720

May be unlikely, but I think it's a great idea. Plus, it should greatly reduce confusion about the redshirt declaration deadline.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:28 pm

Don't know why it would be unlikely? The whole redshirt thing is wildly contrived. There should be no pushback... save dickering over whether the threshold should be 2, 3 or 4 games. It would also largely resolve the need for medical waivers for a 6th year (as many of those hardships involve injuries occurring at the very beginning of a season). The only thing I don't like about the proposal is that it isn't retroactive. If it is worth doing (because it helps student-athletes), it shouldn't matter.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:04 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Don't know why it would be unlikely? The whole redshirt thing is wildly contrived. There should be no pushback... save dickering over whether the threshold should be 2, 3 or 4 games. It would also largely resolve the need for medical waivers for a 6th year (as many of those hardships involve injuries occurring at the very beginning of a season). The only thing I don't like about the proposal is that it isn't retroactive. If it is worth doing (because it helps student-athletes), it shouldn't matter.

I do imagine a lot of schools will like it for a lot of different reasons. Development schools will be able to try more players out early and see who sticks. baby rapists will be able to tap freshman when likely draft picks decide to sit out bowl games.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:18 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:not that it's a surprise but hilliman is going to visit rutgres this weekend

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index ... to_vi.html

Hilliman to Rutgers is official.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:56 am

updated to put Wade and Hilliman as outgoing.

Outgoing 2017 Seniors (12): Moore (DB), Landry (DE), Schwab (LB), Merritt (DT), Knoll (K), Lazard (OL), Callinan (WR), Thadd Smith (WR), Yiadom (DB), McClary (DB), Wade (QB), Hilliman (RB)

2017 "Seniors" that are probably gone (2): Flutie (WR), Wilson (RB)
2017 "Seniors" that likely receive a medical redshirt (2): Strachan (LB), Baker (OL)

Seniors in 2018: Schmal (OL), Robinson (WR), Allen (DE), Walker (WR), J. Smith (WR), Harris (DB), Ray (DE), Denis (DB), Torres (DB), Bletzer (LB), Conte (OL), Monteiro (OL), Stevens (OL), Lindstrom (OL), Sweeney (TE), Vitiello (TE), Cohee (DL), Smith (DT), Lichtenberg (K)

Juniors in 2018: Cheevers (DB), Richardson (LB), Davon Jones (RB), Glines (WR), Al-Attrach (DB), J. Martin (LB), Karafa (DE), Knopfke (OL), Pallazolo (OL), Phillips (OL), Johnson (OL), Garrison (WR), Borgersen (WR), Idrizi (TE), Marten (TE), Burt (TE)

Sophomores in 2018: White (WR), Brown (QB), Palmer (DB), McStravick (WR), Lamot (LB), Korutz (DL), Barlow (DE), Fish (OL), Leonard (OL), Ragan (OL), Morais (DE), Carlson (K)

True freshmen who will be sophomores in 2018: Dillon (RB), Perry (QB), Levy (RB), Petrula (OL), McDuffie (LB), Rayam (DT)

True freshmen who may or may not have redshirted: A. Lindstrom (OL), Stewart (DB), Stoneburner (WR), Lewis (WR),

Freshmen who redshirted: Haynes (DB), McDonald (QB), Sebastian (DB), Muse (DB), Theobald (LB), Long (TE), McQuarrie (TE), Jordan-Williams (WR), Brown (TE), Berry (DT), Emer (DL), Valdez (DE)

Incoming recruits (20): Dirstine (OL), Bailey (RB), Bennermon (DT), Betro (DT), Davis (LB), Days (S), DeNucci (LB), Galloway (WR), Gethers (CB), Jones (ATH), Langan (QB), Luchetti (TE), Maitre (ATH), Shelmire (OL), Sparacio (LB), Stewart (LB), Tessitore (K), DePalma (LB), Valecce (QB), Vrabel (OL)
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:32 pm

How many on the roster right now? Too drunk to add
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:57 am

hansen {l Wrote}:How many on the roster right now? Too drunk to add

A lot will be leaving early. Probably won't know for sure until they release the Spring roster.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby mario14b on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:32 pm

Stoneburner is still listed. He is transferring.
mario14b
n00b

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:04 pm

mario14b {l Wrote}:Stoneburner is still listed. He is transferring.

Either got too much or zero :skank
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:53 pm

Wade committed to Delaware
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium