Latest Bracketology

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Latest Bracketology

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:13 pm

BC in as a 12 Seed (not in the First Four game).

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: Latest Bracketology

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:19 pm

Enjoy it while it lasts, folks.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:22 pm

HA!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Primetime on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Interesting. He has 11 ACC bids in the tourney (only NC State, Wake, GT, Pitt out), which would tie the record and is pretty generous IMHO. Strangely he has Providence as the "next 4 out" (feels like they are on / belong on the bubble every year).

This team really didn't prove anything in the OOC. Even if we win out (CCSU, Richmond, Dartmouth) - we will have zero "quality" (i.e. Top 100) wins and 3 losses to Texas Tech (T25 team), Providence (bubble), and Nebraska (not good).

To get to the tourney I would imagine we need to win out in the OOC (10-3) and then go 9-9 in conference play. An ACC tourney win (followed by a loss) puts us at 20-13.

It can be done, but this team is really going to have to earn it over the next 12 weeks. They're gonna need to replicate the Duke performance consistently, which I just can't fathom.
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:49 pm

Wake went 9-9 last year in conference and 19-14 overall and made it. Their best win was #8 Louisville (our best win will look better than that).

I still think the depth catches up with them, but scrapping together 7-8 more ACC wins isn't as crazy as you all think.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:57 pm

It is not crazy. It's also not likely.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It is not crazy. It's also not likely.

@ UVA (#16), @ UNC (#7), @ Lville, @ Cuse (x2) , ND (#18) (x2), Miami (#6) (x2), FSU (#19) (x2) - You need to scrape out 3 or 4 of these.

Clemson, Wake, GT, @ Pitt, @ NCST - You probably need 4 of these at minimum. If you won all 5 it would really help.

Add a Wednesday win in the ACCT and you're probably there.

Still feels like about a 2 seed in the NIT. With Hawkins this is a NCAA team.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It is not crazy. It's also not likely.

@ UVA (#16), @ UNC (#7), @ Lville, @ Cuse (x2) , ND (#18) (x2), Miami (#6) (x2), FSU (#19) (x2) - You need to scrape out 3 or 4 of these.

Clemson, Wake, GT, @ Pitt, @ NCST - You probably need 4 of these at minimum. If you won all 5 it would really help.

Add a Wednesday win in the ACCT and you're probably there.

Still feels like about a 2 seed in the NIT. With Hawkins this is a NCAA team.

I was just about to post this as well. The way the schedule lines up, they get Clemson and Wake at home (back to back games) in beg of Jan and VT/GT back to back home games at end of Jan, those are going to be key for any shot. Im of the opinion that Cuse (and VT for that matter) is not that good this year and is probably closer to the Clemson/Wake/GT/etc... group than the top tier of the league, but the point is the same.

Edit: They also have a 2 game stretch of a mediocre Dartmouth team and FSU at home, would set up for an ideal way to pick off FSU (no travel and "rest" prior).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:27 pm

There will be nights that Bowman and Robinson go off and Chatman is shooting well that they will win a couple from that top line. I just don't have confidence that they will take 5 or 6 of the ones that are actually gettable to enhance that. Hope I am wrong.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby thebs19 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Isn't this because he's technically giving us the "auto-bid" since we "lead" the ACC as of now?

He has teams with 11 seeds as "last in with bye" but us on the 12 line (not listed as last in).

I don't think there's anything to see here.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Yes, he's giving us the auto-bid. We're below the last 4 in, implying we wouldn't get an at-large.

That said, we might have a case if we can maybe go 8-10, beat one more big-gum, and not lose to CCSU, Richmond, Pitt, or GT. In that case, we'd have 2 great wins, 0 bad losses, and a bunch of meh in the middle. Also need Nebraska to stay on the right side of the bad loss cutoff. 8 wins in the ACC seems like a big ask to me though.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby thebs19 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Yes, he's giving us the auto-bid. We're below the last 4 in, implying we wouldn't get an at-large.

That said, we might have a case if we can maybe go 8-10, beat one more big-gum, and not lose to CCSU, Richmond, Pitt, or GT. In that case, we'd have 2 great wins, 0 bad losses, and a bunch of meh in the middle. Also need Nebraska to stay on the right side of the bad loss cutoff. 8 wins in the ACC seems like a big ask to me though.

Right, thats what I was seeing. Last 4 without playin and Last 4 in are all above us on the seeding line.

We wouldn't be ranked among "First 4 out" or "Next 4 out" since we're "in", technically, but given Providence's placement in "Next 4 out", have to imagine we are well below them as an at large resume is concerned (even with Duke on there).
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:41 pm

thebs19 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Yes, he's giving us the auto-bid. We're below the last 4 in, implying we wouldn't get an at-large.

Right, thats what I was seeing. Last 4 without playin and Last 4 in are all above us on the seeding line.

We wouldn't be ranked among "First 4 out" or "Next 4 out" since we're "in", technically, but given Providence's placement in "Next 4 out", have to imagine we are well below them as an at large resume is concerned (even with Duke on there).

That’s my fault (and incredibly stupid on the part of Lunardi).
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:48 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
thebs19 {l Wrote}:

Eh, he pretends that Vermont won't choke in the conference championship most years as well. What's he supposed to do, just guess the auto-bid?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:36 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
thebs19 {l Wrote}:

Eh, he pretends that Vermont won't choke in the conference championship most years as well. What's he supposed to do, just guess the auto-bid?

or assume the acc auto-bid will come from one of the 7-10 teams that qualify as an at-large
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:01 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
thebs19 {l Wrote}:

Uh yea this

or assume the acc auto-bid will come from one of the 7-10 teams that qualify as an at-large
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:29 pm

So today....

• #18 Kentucky loses at home
  • #4 Oklahoma loses
  • #7 Wichita State loses
  • #24 TCU loses
  • and #8 Texas Tech loses

This season really is the year that the college hoops favorites are taking it in the teeth
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:50 am

What we need to do is not lose to other teams that much anymore

Syracuse would have been a nice win, because 4-4 beats the hell out of 3-5
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Return to Conte Forum