2017-18 Season

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

2017-18 Season

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Not a bad start vs. QU.

Once again, a ridiculously young team, but they're fast, have a great goalie, and seem committed on defense. They need to find goal scorers, and their passing and cohesion on offense are lacking at this point. They also have trouble breaking a press.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Re: 2017-18 Season

Postby commavegarage on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:41 pm

woll is so good. defense looked really poor however.

they were the better team, but i also think they're an NCAA team. to hang in there with them was a good start to the season in my mind as well.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:15 pm

Excellent (and much needed) win at PC this evening! This is a ridiculously inexperienced BC team, but there's speed and talent in the freshman class.

Despite the score, BC looked pretty evenly matched against Wisconsin - except for the stupid penalties. BC needs to find more offense, hopefully today's game against PC helped give them confidence. I don't think Hawkey is that good a goalie, but it's great to see that this young team had such a comeback in them.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:02 pm

another tough one this weekend, saturday's is on fox sports north for those with sports packages
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:47 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:another tough one this weekend, saturday's is on fox sports north for those with sports packages

What’s with all the penalties the last few years?

I’m still pissed Comcast dropped Fox College Sports.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby James Kilmeady on Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:22 pm

Elephant in the room. York is 72 and he's entering into Beamer/Paterno land. They looked horrible this weekend at StCSU. Eleventy million penalties. This is the third year that BC has been heaviliy penalized and this year already looks to be worse than last year. I hate to say it but Mr York might be too old. When they were able to get the puck in the offensive zone this weekend there was no one in front of the net. Doesn't BC have any centremen?
Oh they'll make you or break you but they'll never forsake you...
James Kilmeady
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:50 pm

James Kilmeady {l Wrote}:Elephant in the room. York is 72 and he's entering into Beamer/Paterno land. They looked horrible this weekend at StCSU. Eleventy million penalties. This is the third year that BC has been heaviliy penalized and this year already looks to be worse than last year. I hate to say it but Mr York might be too old. When they were able to get the puck in the offensive zone this weekend there was no one in front of the net. Doesn't BC have any centremen?

I don’t get the penalties. They’re not a physical team.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:38 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
James Kilmeady {l Wrote}:Elephant in the room. York is 72 and he's entering into Beamer/Paterno land. They looked horrible this weekend at StCSU. Eleventy million penalties. This is the third year that BC has been heaviliy penalized and this year already looks to be worse than last year. I hate to say it but Mr York might be too old. When they were able to get the puck in the offensive zone this weekend there was no one in front of the net. Doesn't BC have any centremen?

They're not a big team, but they take a lot of cheap penalties. I see a lack of discipline.
This weekend:
Elbowing x1
Charging x1
Roughing x2
Cross-Checking x2
Slashing x1
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:56 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

They're not a big team, but they take a lot of cheap penalties. I see a lack of discipline.
This weekend:
Elbowing x1
Charging x1
Roughing x2
Cross-Checking x2
Slashing x1

I’m going to the series up in Burlington (will complete all the HE arenas for me).
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:56 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This weekend:
Elbowing x1
Charging x1
Roughing x2
Cross-Checking x2
Slashing x1

I’m going to the series up in Burlington (will complete all the HE arenas for me).

The Gut is an old-style barn, ECAC feel. I like it. BC seats (benches) are in the corner, near the UVM students, who are loud and obnoxious. First time I'm missing this series because it's over NC St.; it was always in the dead of winter.

Have you seen BC @ UConn? It's always on a Tuesday night, so I've never made it.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:27 pm

i've been there for a couple of bc games, it's a generic dumpy ahl rink in a generic dumpy city

usually a good bc crowd though, I would imagine there would be even more if it wasn't a tues night as you said
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:37 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This weekend:
Elbowing x1
Charging x1
Roughing x2
Cross-Checking x2
Slashing x1

The Gut is an old-style barn, ECAC feel. I like it. BC seats (benches) are in the corner, near the UVM students, who are loud and obnoxious. First time I'm missing this series because it's over NC St.; it was always in the dead of winter.

Have you seen BC @ UConn? It's always on a Tuesday night, so I've never made it.

I’ve not seen BC there but I have been to a game there.

Since it’s an every other year thing with UVM I’d rather complete the entire arena circuit than watch BC play football in a 6-6 type year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:03 pm

I truly thought this team would benefit from having graduated the older Fitzgerald and assumed BC would see a reduction in penalty minutes. My God did he take a lot of dumb penalties and not in a good way (Brooks Orpik too a lot of them too but those teams were so damn talented no one cared). I was wrong on this one.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:53 pm

Another two losses this weekend. Tonight vs. DU was painful to watch. Denver is a great team - older, experienced, more talented; BC needed to play an outstanding game, and instead, they gave up 3 PP goals. 1-5-1 to end October.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby James Kilmeady on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:46 am

I have enormous success for Mr York as a player, coach, and as a man. I pray that he knows when to hang them up and doesn't become like Bowden or Paterno at the end.
Oh they'll make you or break you but they'll never forsake you...
James Kilmeady
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:36 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:Another two losses this weekend. Tonight vs. DU was painful to watch. Denver is a great team - older, experienced, more talented; BC needed to play an outstanding game, and instead, they gave up 3 PP goals. 1-5-1 to end October.

We can call a spade a spade. This hockey team is bad, very bad
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:56 am

good weekend, bci has video of the woll incident where he got dq'd for kicking

https://twitter.com/bcinterruption/stat ... 4384835584

will miss tuesday vs yukon
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:31 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:good weekend, bci has video of the woll incident where he got dq'd for kicking

https://twitter.com/bcinterruption/stat ... 4384835584

will miss tuesday vs yukon

This was after Will got run over a number of times. Obviously stupid on his part but a big part of this is on the refs.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:29 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:Another two losses this weekend. Tonight vs. DU was painful to watch. Denver is a great team - older, experienced, more talented; BC needed to play an outstanding game, and instead, they gave up 3 PP goals. 1-5-1 to end October.

No, they don't have high-end scoring talent, they have the youngest roster in D-1, and they probably played the hardest October schedule in the country.

At best, they're an NCAA bubble team, but they're not god-awful, either.

The never-ending juggernaut at Lowell and the supposed Greatest Team on Earth from the other end of Comm Ave. aren't looking so hot, either. Nor is Frozen Four favorite Penn St.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:26 am

I don't know much about hockey but I do know that if you are judging a BC hockey team in November you are an idiot.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:01 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

No, they don't have high-end scoring talent, they have the youngest roster in D-1, and they probably played the hardest October schedule in the country.

At best, they're an NCAA bubble team, but they're not god-awful, either.

The never-ending juggernaut at Lowell and the supposed Greatest Team on Earth from the other end of Comm Ave. aren't looking so hot, either. Nor is Frozen Four favorite Penn St.

Eh I saw both games in person this weekend. We can call them mediocre if that makes you feel better.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:04 pm

Well, at least they are feasting on the bottom of the Hockey East. While I don’t think this team is any sort of threat for an NCAA title, I think that if they play disciplined hockey, they will be on the bubble with a chance to get in. Woll is really good and gives them a puncher’s chance in any game they can stay out of the box and play decent defense. They will not be particularly fun to watch, but if they grind this won’t be a wasted year.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:36 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Well, at least they are feasting on the bottom of the Hockey East. While I don’t think this team is any sort of threat for an NCAA title, I think that if they play disciplined hockey, they will be on the bubble with a chance to get in. Woll is really good and gives them a puncher’s chance in any game they can stay out of the box and play decent defense. They will not be particularly fun to watch, but if they grind this won’t be a wasted year.

BC hasn’t had a disciplined hockey team in about 5 years.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:03 am

Disagree. They played disciplined hockey through most of the league play and played a tight style through the HE tournament. I thought that would improve by necessity this year. And I’d also point out that the October schedule was absurd, particularly for a team this young and lacking elite talent. I don’t put a lot of stock in the fact that they got worked by St Cloud and Denver. I never saw them as a bottom tier HE team and I suspect when it is all said and done, they will outperform expectations like last year.

What does concern me is that they have whiffed on the elite talent for a few years in a row. I actually don’t put that on York—or at the very least I think he is a small percentage of the problem. The problem largely rests on Brown’s shoulders and to a lesser degree McInnis. They are the mid-forties ex-NHLers who need to be closing kids and I think it is fair to say both have failed the last two years. I don’t know why that is, I knew Marty pretty well when he played on the Island and he was a personable guy—the antithesis of Steve Heinz who I am proud to say I once knocked the fuck out in a bar in LA. Also heard good things about Brown. With that said, they are both Lenny’s guys and Lenny’s reign was marked by wasting an embarrassment of riches at times and following stellar recruiting with utterly miserable years.

Anyway, they are supposed to have an embarrassment of riches coming over the ne t two years. I will be watching to see if it actually arives. We can’t afford and more scumbag dagos like Sonny Milano.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:15 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Disagree. They played disciplined hockey through most of the league play and played a tight style through the HE tournament. I thought that would improve by necessity this year. And I’d also point out that the October schedule was absurd, particularly for a team this young and lacking elite talent. I don’t put a lot of stock in the fact that they got worked by St Cloud and Denver. I never saw them as a bottom tier HE team and I suspect when it is all said and done, they will outperform expectations like last year.

What does concern me is that they have whiffed on the elite talent for a few years in a row. I actually don’t put that on York—or at the very least I think he is a small percentage of the problem. The problem largely rests on Brown’s shoulders and to a lesser degree McInnis. They are the mid-forties ex-NHLers who need to be closing kids and I think it is fair to say both have failed the last two years. I don’t know why that is, I knew Marty pretty well when he played on the Island and he was a personable guy—the antithesis of Steve Heinz who I am proud to say I once knocked the fuck out in a bar in LA. Also heard good things about Brown. With that said, they are both Lenny’s guys and Lenny’s reign was marked by wasting an embarrassment of riches at times and following stellar recruiting with utterly miserable years.

Anyway, they are supposed to have an embarrassment of riches coming over the ne t two years. I will be watching to see if it actually arives. We can’t afford and more scumbag dagos like Sonny Milano.

I believe BC has finished Top 5 multiple years in a row now in penalty minutes. They commit more undisciplined penalties than any team they play (slashing, holding, etc.). It’s a huge part of why they just missed the NCAAs last year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Tonight was a good win.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:46 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Tonight was a good win.

That was a damn good win. Glad it was on the interwebs. Did you make it tonight, or just going tomorrow?
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:06 am

Just Saturday (in a different part of VT until then) but the hotel bar had the game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:14 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Just Saturday (in a different part of VT until then) but the hotel bar had the game.

How was it? That’s a lousy UVM team, but BC looked very good this weekend. Great shorty.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:32 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Just Saturday (in a different part of VT until then) but the hotel bar had the game.

How was it? That’s a lousy UVM team, but BC looked very good this weekend. Great shorty.

Good time overall the beer is incredible in VT.

It was an absolute ass kicking by BC.

That also completes the entire HE rink tour for me so I’m personally excited by that aspect
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Kelley Rink