Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:07 am

CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:I think Addazio's days are numbered. The way it was told me is he told Jarmond at their first meeting that he thought he had a 7-8 win team if everyone stayed healthy. Then he started with the injury stuff and the forecast was lowered to 5-6 wins. Supposedly Jarmond was telling people he is drawing the line at five wins this year. I talked to someone who has diner with Leahy and he said Leahy will not stand in the way of making a change, even if it means eating three years of Addazio's contract. He wants Jarmond to have every chance to succeed and will back his play on Addazio.

As depressing as it was Saturday, it may be the best thing in the long run.

Mark my words, if Addazio returns next year, he is back for at least another 2 as "his youth continues to show improvement." This is our OOC schedule next year:

09/01 - UMass
09/08 - Holy Cross
09/22 - at Purdue
09/29 - Temple

YUCK!!

If Jarmond wants to make a move this is the year to do it.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagles06 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:08 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:I think Addazio's days are numbered. The way it was told me is he told Jarmond at their first meeting that he thought he had a 7-8 win team if everyone stayed healthy. Then he started with the injury stuff and the forecast was lowered to 5-6 wins. Supposedly Jarmond was telling people he is drawing the line at five wins this year. I talked to someone who has diner with Leahy and he said Leahy will not stand in the way of making a change, even if it means eating three years of Addazio's contract. He wants Jarmond to have every chance to succeed and will back his play on Addazio.

Mark my words, if Addazio returns next year, he is back for at least another 2 as "his youth continues to show improvement." This is our OOC schedule next year:

09/01 - UMass
09/08 - Holy Cross
09/22 - at Purdue
09/29 - Temple

YUCK!!

Purdue actually went out and got a coach that doesn't believe a good offensive philosophy is running your HB into the offensive line 2x every series. If Daz is still here, Purdue would paste the Eagles.
BCEagles06
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:21 am

BCEagles06 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

09/01 - UMass
09/08 - Holy Cross
09/22 - at Purdue
09/29 - Temple

YUCK!!

Purdue actually went out and got a coach that doesn't believe a good offensive philosophy is running your HB into the offensive line 2x every series. If Daz is still here, Purdue would paste the Eagles.

good first post - welcome aboard
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:29 am

BCEagles06 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

09/01 - UMass
09/08 - Holy Cross
09/22 - at Purdue
09/29 - Temple

YUCK!!

Welcome aboard. Have you ever run around the Dustbowl with a broomstick between your legs?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:36 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
BCEagles06 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

09/01 - UMass
09/08 - Holy Cross
09/22 - at Purdue
09/29 - Temple

YUCK!!

Welcome aboard. Have you ever run around the Dustbowl with a broomstick between your legs?

how'd you know it was a lady posting, lbl?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:00 pm

Let's not get too crazy about Purdue and the brother of the only guy better than Matt Ryan at QB in the 2008 draft (who is also the OC)
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:56 pm

wow.

blast from the past
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Let's not get too crazy about Purdue and the brother of the only guy better than Matt Ryan at QB in the 2008 draft (who is also the OC)

If they hired Mark Harriman of Bates to be Defensive Coordinator they would be known as "Brohm Brothers, Harriman".
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Let's not get too crazy about Purdue and the brother of the only guy better than Matt Ryan at QB in the 2008 draft (who is also the OC)

If they hired Mark Harriman of Bates to be Defensive Coordinator they would be known as "Brohm Brothers, Harriman".

As the authority on NESCAC Foootball, Middlebury’s QB this year is better than anything I’ve seen on our roster. Kid throws absolute darts (granted he is a transfer from UNLV). He would embarrass Brown or Wade at anything to do with playing QB.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby tallsy on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 am

With Kugler and Andersen out, do you think Addazio gets fired at Logan if the team gets trucked by Louisville on Saturday?
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:50 am

tallsy {l Wrote}:With Kugler and Andersen out, do you think Addazio gets fired at Logan if the team gets trucked by Louisville on Saturday?

Are you @FakeBaldwin on Twitter? Short of a sex scandal or cheating scandal, BC is not going to fire a coach mid-season. They don't operate like that.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:53 am

tallsy {l Wrote}:With Kugler and Andersen out, do you think Addazio gets fired at Logan if the team gets trucked by Louisville on Saturday?

I could be wrong, but I don't believe the happenings at UTEP hold a terrible amount of influence within St. Mary's Hall.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby tallsy on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:05 am

No. But obviously they wouldn't want to be the first school to fire a coach mid season. But if the team looks inept on Saturday, Jarmond might be given freer reign to shake up BC sports culture.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:42 pm

Which idiot assistant would be The interim Coach?
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:47 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Which idiot assistant would be The interim Coach?

Pasqualoni would be the most obvious pick. Maybe TOB if he and Jarmond hit it off last week. I don't see mid-year happening, especially with the early signing period.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:09 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Maybe TOB if he and Jarmond hit it off last week.

?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:09 am

they're not firing him midseason
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:46 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:they're not firing him midseason

Nor should they.

Outside of a scandal, there is no reasons to make a midseason move... and I mean like ever. The coaching fraternity is a small universe. Like it or not, Daziani is well-liked in that community. For instance, he will have his pick of assistant jobs (and likely ESPN color commentary) whenever he leaves BC. BC is not viewed as a good job, but it is also isn't viewed as a place with insane expectations. Let Daz finish the gauntlet. Let him go 2-22 in conference. If BC fires him after that (not going to happen), BC will be seen as patient and if the presser doesn't go scorched-earth, the job will be viewed as the worst in the Power 5... but, at least above AAC and MAC.

The only folks who want Dazoo fired mid-season are those so emotionally wrapped up in the program that they need the cathartic release that'll come with kicking the Ketchup King to the curb. Looking at the attendance and message board activity, that universe consists of like 14 people.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:56 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

?

He was inducted into the BC HoF this summer and they honored him and the others at halftime of the VTech game. A damn solid class that also included Clemmensen, Guerin, Koppen, and Troy Bell.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:08 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

?

He was inducted into the BC HoF this summer and they honored him and the others at halftime of the VTech game. A damn solid class that also included Clemmensen, Guerin, Koppen, and Troy Bell.

Thanks. Maybe they will put his plaque next to GDF's.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:14 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:they're not firing him midseason

Nor should they.

Outside of a scandal, there is no reasons to make a midseason move... and I mean like ever. The coaching fraternity is a small universe. Like it or not, Daziani is well-liked in that community. For instance, he will have his pick of assistant jobs (and likely ESPN color commentary) whenever he leaves BC. BC is not viewed as a good job, but it is also isn't viewed as a place with insane expectations. Let Daz finish the gauntlet. Let him go 2-22 in conference. If BC fires him after that (not going to happen), BC will be seen as patient and if the presser doesn't go scorched-earth, the job will be viewed as the worst in the Power 5... but, at least above AAC and MAC.

The only folks who want Dazoo fired mid-season are those so emotionally wrapped up in the program that they need the cathartic release that'll come with kicking the Ketchup King to the curb. Looking at the attendance and message board activity, that universe consists of like 14 people.

this.

and as a true t.s. slaughter hater... i want him to have to suffer through the rest of the season. i'm hoping for physical violence at one of his post-game pressers that results in showing the true dickhole that he really is. i envision a full on king hippo moment

complete with al skinner talking to sully between rounds

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:09 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: king hippo moment

I would like to wash your balls for this gem.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby QuailMan on Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:27 pm

Anyone say Luke Keuchly yet?
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:43 pm

I think we all agree UConn is a W. So that leaves the four other games as true nailbiters. Addazio wins one, he's safe.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:51 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I think we all agree UConn is a W. So that leaves the four other games as true nailbiters. Addazio wins one, he's safe.

I don't know, I think it depends on how it goes down. If he wins next week, but ends the season badly aside from a UConn win then he could still be gone. I don't know how you keep a guy who would have an ACC record of 4-20 in the last three years.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:04 pm

He's safe. Has always been. If there was ever a doubt, it was removed when Colton actually made a FG (middle schmiddle).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:10 pm

What this means is that everyone can stop talking about Moorhead, Chip Kelly and Schiano as they will all be hired this off-season. However, it does give HCRD another year under Urban before taking over.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:30 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I think we all agree UConn is a W. So that leaves the four other games as true nailbiters. Addazio wins one, he's safe.

5 wins seems like an odd goal post
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:41 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

5 wins seems like an odd goal post

This. That number seems picked out of thin air (or some frequently incorrect source on EO)
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BrightonEagle on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:19 pm

if the rumors are true that he's safe with five wins, there's basically no point in being a bc fan. we're basically saying that we're ok being a terrible program. i've sat through a lot of terrible bc games over the last decade, but i'm not going to keep doing it indefinitely out of a sense of loyalty. they're just not fun. given the returning players and the easy schedule next year, keeping him means he's probably here for a few more years. and it means that we're going to watch kelly (unlikely i know) and moorhead, who is unusually well suited for the bc job, take jobs elsewhere so who knows who will be available when we do finally make a change. not to mention that the program will be in worse shape by then so it'll be a less attractive job.
BrightonEagle
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium