Official Future Scheduling Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Future Scheduling Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:56 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Its better than listening to you talk about basketball, Mr. 25 & 12.

And what exactly do you disagree with? That Daz wont win 10 games next year, that Wade shouldn't be grateful being the backup qb at BC and would best be suited looking to start elsewhere (assuming he gets his degree and that the staff made it known that Brown was starting) or the fact that the program is not heading in the right direction and is a 'joke' as evidenced by the 4 major blowouts this season and only 2 acc wins over the last 2 season?

Don't get me wrong, they are in a much better spot than after Spaz, its just that they aren't close to where they need to be.

Nice try short bus.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:37 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:My guess is Daz drove this schedule more than Bates.

Which makes sense as he's got 4 years left on his contract.

In all honesty, I have no problem with these ads. Like it or not, Kansas and Rutgers are peer programs... at least they are based on the last 8 years (and likely the next 4). The schedule going forward is fine. Of the eleventy billion things to criticize the program on, getting winnable P5 games on the schedule is simply not one of them.

This. Heading to Alumni to watch them play Purdue, Rutgers or Kansas is a lot better than going to see Wagner, Buffalo or UConn. It's fine considering the state of the program. Win games and play an exciting team in a bowl game.

This. The program is a joke with no hope in sight. These are the games that they should be playing so that they don't get blown out and can eventually make it to a really bad/boring bowl match-up.

Ugh I hate defending Daz and BC.

To say this program is a joke makes you sound ridiculous.

They are in the bottom 5 or 10 of the P5 programs regarding facilities and fan support. In addition, they are 46-56, 23-41 in conference since Spaz took over. 18 games under .500 in conference with no major changes in the foreseeable future doesn't bode well for the program. IDK how much worse things need to get before they can be accurately categorized as not being good. But let's see how a freshman or another 5th year QB does next year... things are bound to turn around.

Not good and a joke are about as close as Boston and Oklahoma there Shaddix

What ever happened to Shaddix?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:03 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:My guess is Daz drove this schedule more than Bates.

Which makes sense as he's got 4 years left on his contract.

In all honesty, I have no problem with these ads. Like it or not, Kansas and Rutgers are peer programs... at least they are based on the last 8 years (and likely the next 4). The schedule going forward is fine. Of the eleventy billion things to criticize the program on, getting winnable P5 games on the schedule is simply not one of them.

This. Heading to Alumni to watch them play Purdue, Rutgers or Kansas is a lot better than going to see Wagner, Buffalo or UConn. It's fine considering the state of the program. Win games and play an exciting team in a bowl game.

This. The program is a joke with no hope in sight. These are the games that they should be playing so that they don't get blown out and can eventually make it to a really bad/boring bowl match-up.

Ugh I hate defending Daz and BC.

To say this program is a joke makes you sound ridiculous.

They are in the bottom 5 or 10 of the P5 programs regarding facilities and fan support. In addition, they are 46-56, 23-41 in conference since Spaz took over. 18 games under .500 in conference with no major changes in the foreseeable future doesn't bode well for the program. IDK how much worse things need to get before they can be accurately categorized as not being good. But let's see how a freshman or another 5th year QB does next year... things are bound to turn around.

Not good and a joke are about as close as Boston and Oklahoma there Shaddix

What ever happened to Shaddix?

he's posting on soonersoutsiders now
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:56 pm

Apparently recruiting off the recently scheduled home-and-home with BC, Kansas has jumped out to the #9 recruiting class in the nation for 2018, tops in the Big12, pulling in 5 recruits out of Louisiana today, including 3 four-star recruits. Bates must've known what he was doing...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:27 pm

CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – Boston College's future home-and-home series with Ohio State has been moved to 2026 and 2027, both schools announced Thursday. The Eagles face the Buckeyes on Sept. 19, 2026 in Columbus at Ohio Stadium in the fourth meeting all-time between the two schools.

The two schools were previously scheduled to meet in 2023 and 2024.

The Buckeyes make their second appearance all-time at Alumni Stadium on Sept. 18, 2027.

Ohio State is the third Big Ten opponent on Boston College's future football schedules. The Eagles also face Purdue in 2018 and 2020 along with a four-game series with Rutgers.

The Eagles open the 2017 season on the road Friday, Sept. 1 at Northern Illinois. BC's home schedule features Notre Dame, Florida State and Virginia Tech this upcoming season. For season tickets, visit BCEagles.com.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:35 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – Boston College's future home-and-home series with Ohio State has been moved to 2026 and 2027, both schools announced Thursday. The Eagles face the Buckeyes on Sept. 19, 2026 in Columbus at Ohio Stadium in the fourth meeting all-time between the two schools.

The Buckeyes make their second appearance all-time at Alumni Stadium on Sept. 18, 2027.

Ohio State is the third Big Ten opponent on Boston College's future football schedules. The Eagles also face Purdue in 2018 and 2020 along with a four-game series with Rutgers.

The Eagles open the 2017 season on the road Friday, Sept. 1 at Northern Illinois. BC's home schedule features Notre Dame, Florida State and Virginia Tech this upcoming season. For season tickets, visit BCEagles.com.

So basically the game will never happen... got it.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:16 am

hansen, when did you start working for hotels.com?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:50 am

Maybe Jarmond Tamzarian ought better to be called Jarmond Manchurian
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:01 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:hansen, when did you start working for hotels.com?

I'd like to think recently but it's probably been awhile.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:26 am

The Optimist Says:
1) BC had a P5 hole in 2021 when scheduling Missouri, but no other P5 holes until 2026, leading to a double booking with Ohio State in 2024.
2) Missouri is not Kansas or Rutgers or Purdue when it comes to P5 match-ups, they're a much more likely loss, especially on the road.
3) Razor thin bowl margin in 2024, with Ohio State, @Missouri, Clemson, Louisville, @FSU, @VT and the 6 very likely losses therein.
4) Something has to change for BC in 2024 .
5) Something had to change for Ohio State in 2023 (Texas, @Notre Dame and BC)
5) BC could've postponed Ohio State to the next open P5, in 2030 and 2031 (Jesus Christ, those dates!), but didn't. Instead doubling up in 2026 and 2027 with Rutgers, much more winnable, especially with Rutgers at home when Ohio State is on the road and vice versa.
6) 2023 now needs a P5, but you now have more control placing the 2nd game in a new P5 home-and-home series in a year with a more favorable schedule.
7) By 2026 BC may be good enough to justify the matchup for Ohio State and their playoff resume.
8) If not, at least Ohio State has shown a willingness to play 2 P5's in one year (Texas and Notre Dame in 2022-2023) and can now schedule a decent P5 to play in addition to a cupcake BC.
9) Maybe the rescheduling including a $$$ payout to help finance the filling of the corners.

A Pessimist Says:
1) Today Ohio State replaced BC in their future schedule with a 2024-2025 series with Washington.
2) Ohio State's P5 matchups in the 2020's are against Oregon, Notre Dame, Texas, Washington...and Boston College. One of these match-ups is not like the others, especially for a team aiming to build a playoff resume every year.

:koolaid :pepper2 :koolaid :pepper2 :koolaid

Also, updated the master post on page 1 to reflect the re-scheduling/postponing/gradual cancellation of the Ohio State series.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:47 am

Filling the 2023 P5 Opening
- Minnesota: has openings in both 2023 and 2024, allowing BC to play hopefully a home game against Minnesota when playing at Missouri in 2024. Pair it with a hockey matchup and not a bad weekend series.
- Kansas State has a similarly awkward single opening in 2023. Maybe we can find a neutral site to host a one-off game...like a dark warehouse without any spectators or cameras present...
- BYU can do both 2023 and 2024. We've played them before. More winnable than pairing Missouri with BYU than with Ohio State, and maybe a fairly attractive substitute.
- Oregon State can also do 2023 and 2024.

I'd take Minnesota. Let's see Jarmond leverage those BIG ties...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:34 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I assume this was Buttcut's call?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:35 pm

if this thread had a groin, i would kick it
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:04 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:if this thread had a groin wall, i would kick a hole in it it

fixed

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 02, 2017 7:27 am

here's the yukon presale info for fenway

http://m.mlb.com/redsox/tickets/special ... bab5af1558

password is uconndonor
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue May 02, 2017 7:35 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:here's the yukon presale info for fenway

password is uconndonor

It is too bad that the teams have to share one sideline. Is this because of the view from the 1st base line or is there just not enough room?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue May 02, 2017 7:56 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:here's the yukon presale info for fenway

password is uconndonor

It is too bad that the teams have to share one sideline. Is this because of the view from the 1st base line or is there just not enough room?

i think it's that in addition to the fact that it isn't a real football game and gayer than anything that hansen does... even at his gayest
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 02, 2017 8:43 am

Sign me up to sit in the inbred section in an uncomfortable seat eating my knees to watch BC grind out a 34-3 nailbitah.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue May 02, 2017 8:59 am

Sign me up to sit in the section where I can throw pizza pies at Cap'n Catsup.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue May 02, 2017 9:45 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Sign me up to sit in the section where I can throw pizza pies at Cap'n Catsup.

Is that because they stopped selling bags of peanuts?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ada ... 55f840372f
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 02, 2017 10:15 am

Those morons won't be at the football game this year, they only show up for Notre Dame.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue May 02, 2017 6:07 pm

I doubt an opposing coach (or a coach about to be fired) would ever use this against us. Thanks Boston for being such a great sports town.
http://nypost.com/2017/05/02/disgusted- ... in-boston/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 02, 2017 9:06 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I doubt an opposing coach (or a coach about to be fired) would ever use this against us. Thanks Boston for being such a great sports town.
http://nypost.com/2017/05/02/disgusted- ... in-boston/

Jesus shut the fuck up. I've been in Yankee Stadium. At least the red sox have black players.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue May 02, 2017 9:57 pm

That's only because they refuse to shave their facial hair.

All that said, Boston did give Adam Jones a very nice white guilt standing ovation tonight. So we can go right back to pretending it never happened.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 02, 2017 10:09 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:That's only because they refuse to shave their facial hair.

All that said, Boston did give Adam Jones a very nice white guilt standing ovation tonight. So we can go right back to pretending it never happened.

It's cool, Rutgers, UConn and all the rest of your alma maters are proud of CC De Doucheia
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 02, 2017 10:10 pm

PS shut the fuck up when you are owned, Storrs.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 02, 2017 10:11 pm

Talk to you next week, when Bosco picks a QB and you are relevant again.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 02, 2017 10:15 pm

Wait do we like Hendrik tonight? Is he the greatest again?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 02, 2017 10:16 pm

New Jersey is so hard to read, as they have so many teams, including the Bulls and Cowboys and Duke.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed May 03, 2017 5:40 am

The Globe gallantly coming to your city's defense.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/201 ... story.html
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium