Celtics fans playoff thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Celtics fans playoff thread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:49 am

Bulls in round 1, Wizards in round 2 are probably the best matchups we could have asked for

Could see some real fireworks if we do end up playing Washington!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Re: Celtics fans playoff thread

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:13 am

This team has to prove it can play playoff basketball before I get my hopes up.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:27 am

I would have preferred Indiana here. Chicago's a bad matchup for the Celtics on the glass, and they split the season series 2-2. I think the combination of Bradley, Smart and Crowder will slow down Wade and Butler enough to force Chicago to lean on their forwards for offense, which is where they are weak. It will be interesting to see how Rondo responds to playing the Celtics in this spot. He still can't shoot for shit, but he can be an effective passer and defender if he feels like it. It will also be interesting to see how Thomas responds to getting his ass kicked in the paint now that it's playoff season.

Celtics in 6.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:15 am

The Celtics get dragged down by their total disaster of big men from Olynik to Zeller to Johnson to Jebreko.

Marcus Smart also needs to never shoot a 3 again
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Bender on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:26 am

Apparently Marcus Smart gave a fan the finger after he bricked one of his three pointers, which shows he's maturing because in college he would've attacked that fan.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:29 am

Gerald Green: Celtics savior.

In all seriousness, it was nice to see this team show some killer instinct. Avery Bradley completely disemboweled purported NBA superstar Jimmy Butler over the last 4 games, Mortal Kombat style.

Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:10 am

Play the way they did last night they'll win this series as well
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Manny on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:34 pm

Haven't seen the C's much this year. Who does Thomas guard when they play Washington, or another team with two big guards who are likely to score a lot? I assume Smart will guard Wall, but they can't really play Bradley at the same time to cover Beal and stick Thomas on Porter?
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:47 pm

Manny {l Wrote}:Haven't seen the C's much this year. Who does Thomas guard when they play Washington, or another team with two big guards who are likely to score a lot? I assume Smart will guard Wall, but they can't really play Bradley at the same time to cover Beal and stick Thomas on Porter?

Therein lies the drama
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:08 pm

Thomas doesn't cover anyone. Smart Crowder and Bradley cover his man. Good article on ESPN about it. And the Bullets aren't that good.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Manny on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:32 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Thomas doesn't cover anyone. Smart Crowder and Bradley cover his man. Good article on ESPN about it. And the Bullets aren't that good.

Agreed, but I think it's a fairly even match up. Dominant lead guards with middling supporting casts (including a forward who's about 1/3 as good as he thinks he is). I like the Wizards depth a bit better, and Boston obviously has a better coach. Wall is probably a bit better all around than Thomas, but not as good a scorer. I don't particularly care either way, but I do like that the teams seem to hate each other.
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:06 pm

I will be in the building for Game 1
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:52 pm

Cool story, Hansal.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:22 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I will be in the building for Game 1

Catching a train?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:38 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Catching a train?

Yep nailed in.

In all seriousness, the crowd was absolutely rocking
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon May 01, 2017 8:16 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Catching a train?

Yep nailed in.

similar to the just as scripted wwe
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 01, 2017 9:03 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Catching a train?

Yep nailed in.

They did work real hard to keep the Bullets in the game in the middle portion of the fourth.

By the way, for a superstar PG, John Wall gets ripped on the dribble an awful lot. Bradley, Smart and Thomas each stripped the ball clean at least once.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon May 01, 2017 11:28 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Catching a train?

Yep nailed in.

Well played
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon May 01, 2017 12:32 pm

Manny {l Wrote}:I like the Wizards depth a bit better

Then you're out of your mind.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleDave on Wed May 03, 2017 11:42 pm

This is a pretty simple series to decipher.

The Celtics can throw multiple + defenders at Wall & Beal while safely hiding Thomas on Oubre or Porter knowing that neither is going to be allowed to take advantage of that match-up at the expense of shots for their two stars. Beyond that, the Wizards have no bench and they can't dominate the paint the way the Bulls could in order to slow things down.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu May 04, 2017 12:01 pm

Fingers crossed that AB doesn't aggravate his hip injury. Things went south while he was getting treatment last game.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat May 13, 2017 9:00 am

IT3 was positively getting mugged out there last night
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Thu May 18, 2017 12:18 pm

After witnessing what happened last night, I say don't trade the pick because there is no player that you could get that would bring the Celtics even close to beating the Cavs in the near term.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 18, 2017 12:33 pm

Last night had everything to do with timing. Everyone knew they were going to get crushed. They'll only get a game or two, and they won't overtake the Cavs until Isaiah walks and Fultz assumes lead dog responsibility, but they aren't far off. Draft Fultz, extend Bradley, sign Griffin or Hayward, the only two real options for FAs

I don't think they were trading that pick under any circumstances.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Thu May 18, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 18, 2017 12:34 pm

Oh, and find a tall athletic guy that can rebound for fucks sake. When you get steamrolled by a guy with no talent like Tristan Thompson, you deserve what you get.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu May 18, 2017 12:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Last night had everything to do with timing. Everyone knew they were going to get crushed. They'll only get a game or two, and they won't overtake the Cavs until Isaiah walks and Fultz assumes lead dog responsibility, but they aren't far off. Draft Fultz, extend Bradley, sign Griffin or Hayward, the only two real options for FAs

I like Fox more than Fultz, but I agree with the rest of this.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 18, 2017 1:01 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Last night had everything to do with timing. Everyone knew they were going to get crushed. They'll only get a game or two, and they won't overtake the Cavs until Isaiah walks and Fultz assumes lead dog responsibility, but they aren't far off. Draft Fultz, extend Bradley, sign Griffin or Hayward, the only two real options for FAs

I like Fox more than Fultz, but I agree with the rest of this.

Fultz is a slower John Wall that can actually shoot. Try to imagine an uninjured Derek Rose. Okay fuck, um....
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby gallopingghost on Thu May 18, 2017 1:41 pm

And play Brown more, what is Brad waiting for? Fuck Johnson, fuck Green, fuck Crowder. They all suck. What have you got to lose?
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 18, 2017 2:10 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

I'd prefer Hayward to the no-knees Blake

In addition to his injuries this year, past injuries include:
"Blake Griffin’s history of injuries to his left leg is troublingly long: broken kneecap, meniscus tear, partially torn quadriceps, knee bone bruise, sprained knee, and strained hamstring. Along with numerous other injuries (back stress fracture, right elbow staph infection, and broken right hand), Griffin’s health has caused him to miss nearly two full NBA seasons’ worth of games, the 2012 Olympics, the 2014 FIBA World Cup, and the 2016 Olympics."

I agree, the difference is they need Griffin's skill set more than Hayward's. In two years, Jalen Brown is probably going to be as good or better.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 18, 2017 2:40 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

I'd prefer Hayward to the no-knees Blake

In addition to his injuries this year, past injuries include:
"Blake Griffin’s history of injuries to his left leg is troublingly long: broken kneecap, meniscus tear, partially torn quadriceps, knee bone bruise, sprained knee, and strained hamstring. Along with numerous other injuries (back stress fracture, right elbow staph infection, and broken right hand), Griffin’s health has caused him to miss nearly two full NBA seasons’ worth of games, the 2012 Olympics, the 2014 FIBA World Cup, and the 2016 Olympics."

I agree, the difference is they need Griffin's skill set more than Hayward's. In two years, Jalen Brown is probably going to be as good or better.

Noted on the skill set. Problem is, by the time Griffin would bring them to the next level, 2-3 years, he will be on the decline or potentially worse due to injury history. I also think brown will be damn good but I still would rather sign Hayward because Danny boy can eventually trade when Brown gets good. If they don't get Hayward, I would prefer not signing Griffin as it would be way too big of a risk and an impulsive move.

It's going to be Hayward, they are going to draft Fultz, and they are going to extend Bradley. Team will be stupid deep but still won't have the first team horses to get to the Finals. Lose Amir Johnson and Jerebko and add Fultz and Hayward? Yes please.

Maybe the stashed French dude in China can come over and grab 12 rebounds a game and beat people up.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Next

Return to Conte Forum