NFL Playoffs Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:12 pm

I hate the Pats, but they are going to give the Falcons an epic beat down in a couple of weeks.

On another note, has anyone been to the Super Bowl and was it worth the hassle?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:57 pm

Pats -3 and o/u 58.

I like the Falcons.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby basselope on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:00 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I hate the Pats, but they are going to give the Falcons an epic beat down in a couple of weeks.

Been to a few of them and they don't suck.... but you will spend a cockfuck amount of money.
Think going to Vegas and getting bitch slapped for an entire week.

Being a loser Browns fan, I have no idea what they hell it is like for a fan of a team that is playing.
Assume you must be a PATS fan so can't believe you haven't been??? so go already...
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:05 pm

Sanu better have his game face on in two weeks.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:22 pm

I don't think it's going to be a beat down - Falcons D looked pretty good. Matty and the Falcons offense, by contrast, did all kinds of nasty shit to the packers D. Seattle/Green Bay are better teams than Houston/Pittsburgh.

Guess we'll find out in two weeks - but until then, eepstein wrestles hogs slathered in baby oil in fifth floor o'neill while wearing one of hansen's discarded speedos.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:29 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:I don't think it's going to be a beat down - Falcons D looked pretty good. Matty and the Falcons offense, by contrast, did all kinds of nasty shit to the packers D. Seattle/Green Bay are better teams than Houston/Pittsburgh.

Guess we'll find out in two weeks - but until then, eepstein wrestles hogs slathered in baby oil in fifth floor o'neill while wearing one of hansen's discarded speedos.

Packers don't have a D
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:I don't think it's going to be a beat down - Falcons D looked pretty good. Matty and the Falcons offense, by contrast, did all kinds of nasty shit to the packers D. Seattle/Green Bay are better teams than Houston/Pittsburgh.

Packers don't have a D

Clearly you have trained your many fitness mirrors on the supple muscles of the Packers D - assuming your khaki pockets haven't blown themselves apart at the seams like so much championship confetti shot from phallic cannons, let's assume the packers don't have a D - what will the Pats do to prevent those ATL receivers from looking like they were rubbed down with baby oil and slipping between the seams? Matty's throwing well enough that he could hit the fifth floor O'Neill glory hole from the Gasson debate room. Thoughts?

Also, this is less gay than posts about fitness.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:00 pm

Or a RB.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:16 pm

Chris Hogan just set an NFL playoff record with 9 receptions, 190 yds and two TDs. What makes this amazing is that he played lacrosse at Ped State. His only college football was as a fifth year senior at Monmouth. He chose Monmouth because they had recruited him in high school in New Jersey where he was all state in both football and lacrosse. With all the BC connections in Jersey, why didn't whoever was coach at the time make him an offer? Why didn't our resident board expert on Jersey football spot him?
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:01 am

growing up I listened to wmcx, Monmouth college's radio station. It was a good station.

I also worked with one of their djs, dj howie ski. He removed all magic from the world of radio for me and made me pursue accounting instead. but, I still liked the radio station even after that.

That is my brush with Monmouth college, now university.

When I moved to the Midwest, I found a new radio station that I liked. Their afternoon djs were named "free beer" and "hot wings." I once engaged them in a discussion about whether Batman and robin were members of the hall of justice or justice utility men (with utility belts) that parked their car there.

The late 80s and early 90s were a simpler time
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:28 am

basselope {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I hate the Pats, but they are going to give the Falcons an epic beat down in a couple of weeks.

Been to a few of them and they don't suck.... but you will spend a cockfuck amount of money.
Think going to Vegas and getting bitch slapped for an entire week.

Being a loser Browns fan, I have no idea what they hell it is like for a fan of a team that is playing.
Assume you must be a PATS fan so can't believe you haven't been??? so go already...

I am a Buccaneers fan. Maybe in a year or two I'll have a chance
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:13 am

McCarthy remains and will always be a bad coach, 4th and 1 down 17-0 he's punting away when his defense had allowed drives of: 13 plays, 80 yards, TD / 12 plays, 59 yards, FG / 9 plays, 80 yards, TD

didn't realize the steelers secondary was that bad. granted I didn't watch much of them this year and lord knows captain checkdown alex smith wasn't going to test them
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:02 am

patriots by 10+. i dont see this being very close.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:10 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:patriots by 10+. i dont see this being very close.

Agreed... I'd do a signature bet with whomever was willing to take Falcons with the 3 points Vegas is giving.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:13 am

If ATL can get TDs instead of FGs this will be a close game
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:33 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Chris Hogan just set an NFL playoff record with 9 receptions, 190 yds and two TDs. What makes this amazing is that he played lacrosse at Ped State. His only college football was as a fifth year senior at Monmouth. He chose Monmouth because they had recruited him in high school in New Jersey where he was all state in both football and lacrosse. With all the BC connections in Jersey, why didn't whoever was coach at the time make him an offer? Why didn't our resident board expert on Jersey football spot him?

It's a remarkable story. The talent will find a way to rise to the top I guess. How the hell did the 49ers find this guy? Combine?
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:47 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Chris Hogan just set an NFL playoff record with 9 receptions, 190 yds and two TDs. What makes this amazing is that he played lacrosse at Ped State. His only college football was as a fifth year senior at Monmouth. He chose Monmouth because they had recruited him in high school in New Jersey where he was all state in both football and lacrosse. With all the BC connections in Jersey, why didn't whoever was coach at the time make him an offer? Why didn't our resident board expert on Jersey football spot him?

Take a step back and remember what's important to the recruiting process: who measured Hogan's measurables, and what were those measurements? Did Chris Hogan's hip fluidity make Rivals' staffers wish they were a loofah? How well did he penetrate? What was the khaki pocket survival rate of Hogan's film, and how much of that film was sleeveless? Shirtless?

Depending on these and other factors, Hogan may have been buried deep in two-star gen pop.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:01 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If ATL can get TDs instead of FGs this will be a close game

I would also add that Atlanta must get pressure on Tom Brady.

The Patriots have never blown out anybody in the Super Bowl and I would be surprised if it happened this time.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:46 am

The falcons will win.

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:49 am

I will say that I am pleased by the groundswell keeping the line down to a dumb number.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:25 pm

Please everyone shut their fucking whore mouths about Chris Hogan. Look at the endless parade of white receivers that the grand wizard of foxboro loves to throw to.

Hogan sucked at 3 teams before he got to the patriots and Tom Brady (who married Josef Mengele's granddaughter). I watched Hogan be mediocre all last season at buffalo just like we watched welker be mediocre in denver and miami. The common thread is Angry Dick's hero, Tom Brady. Tom brady, vehement white supremacist and greatest quarterback in the history of the nlf, will tear the falcons a 3rd asshole en route to making that doughy ginger commissioner hand over the lombardi trophy.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:11 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:Please everyone shut their fucking whore mouths about Chris Hogan. Look at the endless parade of white receivers that the grand wizard of foxboro loves to throw to.

Hogan sucked at 3 teams before he got to the patriots and Tom Brady (who married Josef Mengele's granddaughter). I watched Hogan be mediocre all last season at buffalo just like we watched welker be mediocre in denver and miami. The common thread is Angry Dick's hero, Tom Brady. Tom brady, vehement white supremacist and greatest quarterback in the history of the nlf, will tear the falcons a 3rd asshole en route to making that doughy ginger commissioner hand over the lombardi trophy.

You fucking can have Scott Chandler back.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:15 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:Please everyone shut their fucking whore mouths about Chris Hogan. Look at the endless parade of white receivers that the grand wizard of foxboro loves to throw to.

Chandler was pretty good but he done blowed out his knee. Now we're playing Charles Clay (knees made of wet balsa wood and crushed egg shells) a squajillion dollars. The Bills really have their shit together. Like if the Browns were given a monkey's paw and they wished to get better and then the evil monkey's paw granted them 7 to 9 wins per year but never let them make the playoffs.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:43 am

Their mediocrity is actually quite amazing. Since 2000, the Bills have won between 6 and 9 games in 14 of 17 years.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:46 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Chandler was pretty good but he done blowed out his knee. Now we're playing Charles Clay (knees made of wet balsa wood and crushed egg shells) a squajillion dollars. The Bills really have their shit together. Like if the Browns were given a monkey's paw and they wished to get better and then the evil monkey's paw granted them 7 to 9 wins per year but never let them make the playoffs.

Who would give the evil monkey paw: Rob Johnson, Wade Phillips or Doug Flutie?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Will someone hand-deliver the monkey paw or will it be thrown across the field? We know it won't be kicked through an upright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCJFmL4oxPE
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:52 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Will someone hand-deliver the monkey paw or will it be thrown across the field? We know it won't be kicked through an upright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCJFmL4oxPE

I could have stomached that if it was the Norwood kick. There was no shame in that.

I'd rather motorboat Andy Reid than watch The Music City Miscarriage of Justice.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:19 pm

Quoted from the Wikipedia article on Rob Johnson:

In September 2008, Johnson was invited to a Titans workout, along with Joey Harrington and Chris Simms. However, the Titans signed Simms as a backup for veteran Kerry Collins. This was Johnson's last reported NFL workout.

There are a lot of recruiting stars in that sentence.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:41 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Quoted from the Wikipedia article on Rob Johnson:

In September 2008, Johnson was invited to a Titans workout, along with Joey Harrington and Chris Simms. However, the Titans signed Simms as a backup for veteran Kerry Collins. This was Johnson's last reported NFL workout.

He was so awful in so many ways...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80742f36/Top-Ten-One-Shot-Wonders-Rob-Johnson

The highlight of that video clip is the noble and highbrow bills fans pouring beer into bowls of Flutie Flakes around the 3 minute mark.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:27 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Quoted from the Wikipedia article on Rob Johnson:

And it doesn't even mention that Collins was filling in for an injured Vince Young.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium