NFL Playoffs Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:33 am

Sloppy game, but I'll take the win
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:55 am

kudos to the texans d, played better than i thought they would. still never got a sense that they had a shot. not breaking ground here but brock is atrocious. bottom what 30% of the starters?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:35 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:kudos to the texans d, played better than i thought they would. still never got a sense that they had a shot. not breaking ground here but brock is atrocious. bottom what 30% of the starters?

Brock is not very good, not at all...

We are very fortunate to have so many "elite" level QB's remaining in the playoffs. That seems the be the recipe to win playoff games and Superbowl, you simply must have an elite QB. Obviously, Tom Brady is the best of the best, the best that has ever been. Matty Ice, he is also elite. If Green Bay pulls it out today, that is another elite QB. I don't like Roethlisberger but two Superbowls makes him elite. Alex Smith, I remember Utah going 13-0 and they should have played USC for the national championship that year (and not Oklahoma or Auburn) he "might" be elite (if not elite, certainly very good.)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:38 pm

while we could argue all day about which of the playoff qbs are elite, we can all agree they have PRIDE
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:43 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:That seems the be the recipe to win playoff games and Superbowl, you simply must have an elite QB.

This is incorrect.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:16 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:That seems the be the recipe to win playoff games and Superbowl, you simply must have an elite QB.

This is incorrect.

There are exceptions to the rule Chickenman, I'll concede that. Brock won a playoff game last week. Trent Dilfer even won a Superbowl ring. And there may be a few others, this is Superbowl 50. I'm sure if you and I spent the time looking at all the Bowls and playoff games, there would be quite a few wins with teams that did not have an elite QB at the helm. But as a general rule, I would say that if you want to win in the playoffs, you need an exceptional QB.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:55 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

This is incorrect.

There are exceptions to the rule Chickenman, I'll concede that. Brock won a playoff game last week. Trent Dilfer even won a Superbowl ring. And there may be a few others, this is Superbowl 50. I'm sure if you and I spent the time looking at all the Bowls and playoff games, there would be quite a few wins with teams that did not have an elite QB at the helm. But as a general rule, I would say that if you want to win in the playoffs, you need an exceptional QB.

I disagree.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:27 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

This is incorrect.

I disagree.

Okay. Its all good.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:28 pm

this is Super Bowl 51.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:38 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:kudos to the texans d, played better than i thought they would. still never got a sense that they had a shot. not breaking ground here but brock is atrocious. bottom what 30% of the starters?

Brock is not very good, not at all...

We are very fortunate to have so many "elite" level QB's remaining in the playoffs. That seems the be the recipe to win playoff games and Superbowl, you simply must have an elite QB. Obviously, Tom Brady is the best of the best, the best that has ever been. Matty Ice, he is also elite. If Green Bay pulls it out today, that is another elite QB. I don't like Roethlisberger but two Superbowls makes him elite. Alex Smith, I remember Utah going 13-0 and they should have played USC for the national championship that year (and not Oklahoma or Auburn) he "might" be elite (if not elite, certainly very good.)

is joe flacco a elite qb?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcshater on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:12 pm

WOW, what a game. Packers vs. Cowboys. Thought when Rodgers got sacked the Packers would just run out the clock and take their chances in OT. Great catch by Cook keeping both feet in-bounds to set up the game winning FG. If the Patriots make it to the SB they will have a hard time with either the Falcons or the Packers.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:53 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Aaron Rodgers is really freakin good. He will make it tough on the pats d, especially w/ Nelson back...

Sleeping on the Falcons? They looked really good ib both sides of the ball. I don't think GB can stop their offense.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:16 pm

GB/ATL will be more exciting than the super bowl
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:47 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:GB/ATL will be more exciting than the super bowl

Yes. Neither of those two teams is beating the Pats. NFC was always seriously overrated.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:03 am

Neither play defense either. Not that the Pats really do but more so than those guys.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:27 am

The teams that had the best chance to beat the Patriots were the Cowboys, the Raiders with Derek Carr and the Chiefs. The first two because they could keep pace offensively... the third because their D is elite (and elite Ds have frustrated Brady in the past causing him to force mistakes). I think that the Pats would've been favorites in each of those games, but those 3 teams could beat them. Pitt, GB and ATL have no chance... even if you combined them into one team. Each are thoroughly flawed teams riding elite QBs. I'd take the Pats as a double digit favorite against each of them.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:36 am

The ATL offense will set the pace.

The d can get just enough stops/TOs/bounces to make it work. ATL is much improved on that side of the ball compared to previous teams.

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby eagletx on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:38 am

Was never a big patriots fan, but have no problem with Brady giving a middle finger to the NFL chieftans this season.The NFL is a real joke with their administration of disciplinary issues...Mike Tomlin is a whiny little bitch, and I hope the Pats put a nasty slap down on the Steelers. First thing Tomlin spouts about is the advantage given NE by having an extra day and a half....nothing like creating an excuse right out of the gate.

Then hoping Matty Ice wins a ring after all is said and done.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Want #MattVP to win the SB.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:51 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Aaron Rodgers is really freakin good. He will make it tough on the pats d, especially w/ Nelson back...

Sleeping on the Falcons? They looked really good ib both sides of the ball. I don't think GB can stop their offense.

Maybe.

Matty ICE is a really good qb and has much better weapons at his disposal than Rodgers. That said, Rodgers is the better qb and has been on fire the past 8 games. That in conjunction with both of their defenses not being able to stop anyone leads me to believe the Packers win, although I will be rooting for the Falcons.

Ryan was still in high school when Brady won his first Superbowl ring. I'd like to see Atlanta play the Patriots for the big one. I was hoping that would have happened 4 years ago but two head coaching brothers had other plans.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:58 am

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:57 pm

Matty Ice off to a strong start.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:41 pm

discount double check what time the game starts, because Green Bay offense has not showed up yet
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:46 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:discount double check what time the game starts, because Green Bay offense has not showed up yet

Damn that's happened twice this weekend then.

AJ Turner thought the game yesterday started at 4 pm.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:59 pm

If Matty keeps this up, he's going to be wearing a ring in two weeks. Wow.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:16 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:If Matty keeps this up, he's going to be wearing a ring in two weeks. Wow.

He and Bloggo are finally making it official?
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:24 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:If Matty keeps this up, he's going to be wearing a ring in two weeks. Wow.

With all of their injuries, it is remarkable that the Packers have made it this far. Their RB wears #88!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:03 pm

Congrats to Matty Ice.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Iggle on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:15 pm

There's been, what, 1 good and 2 decent playoff games so far?
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:40 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:

He and Bloggo are finally making it official?

:whammy
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium