NFL Playoffs Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:48 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Houston should take it to Cook's Raiders

This is going to be like watching two turtles fuck.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:51 pm

Houston -3
Detroit +4.5
Pittsburgh -7
Giants +3
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Wake @ BC 2015.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:09 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Wake @ BC 2015.

I try to forget these 3 hours on a daily basis.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:43 pm

That was the opposite of exciting
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:07 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:The Miami defense looks REALLY bad right now...

Miami is bad. Period.

They made the playoffs feasting on the worst division in the NFL. This happens every year where a team who hasn't beaten anyone due to an easy schedule makes the playoffs and is quickly bounced. That said, the Final Four in each conference will represent the best teams... which is about all a football fan can ask. Three of the playoff games will be competitive.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:45 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:That hit on Matt Moore was vicious, Dupree should have been ejected for targeting... another example of shitty NFL officiating

Edit: This http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/matt- ... 1790951034

They need to update the rule. That was a dirty hit and he should have been tossed.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:48 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:That hit on Matt Moore was vicious, Dupree should have been ejected for targeting... another example of shitty NFL officiating

Edit: This http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/matt- ... 1790951034

They need to update the rule. That was a dirty hit and he should have been tossed.

I don't know. Looked like a good play. Moore released the ball a split second before the hit. He also did so in a manner that saw his head level drop as he started falling down as he threw it. That said... I appreciate that it was a very hard hit in a sport that now rivals Powder Puff leagues. Accordingly, in today's soften society, I assume there will be manufactured twitter outrage and shaming that will result in a suspension from an organization that is solely concerned about its image and likes on Facebook.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:48 pm

This game is brutal. Nothing better than Mike McCarthy calling plays for high comedy though.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:02 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This game is brutal. Nothing better than Mike McCarthy calling plays for high comedy though.

Agreed. The Giants are looking like they will pull this out

Nah. Rogers found the soft spot in the Giants D. Going to be tough to win this for Eli. If it wasn't for the dumb 4th Down call this might be over.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:09 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This game is brutal. Nothing better than Mike McCarthy calling plays for high comedy though.

Agreed. The Giants are looking like they will pull this out

Nah. Rogers found the soft spot in the Giants D. Going to be tough to win this for Eli. If it wasn't for the dumb 4th Down call this might be over.

Fair. I still think Eli pulls this out

Don't think the Giants can stop Rogers with Cromartie hurt. Middle of the field is wide open on slants and posts
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:15 pm

Glad I don't have to watch NFC often. Buck and Aikman are horrific. Going to enjoy discount double check killing his Cowboys next week.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:20 pm

McCarthy is dumb. That is all.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:McCarthy is dumb. That is all.

the giants are dumber. pick up the fucking ball, assholes.

I blame Kate mara's body double from house of cards
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:49 pm

The Giants are out, the Pats can walk to the Super Bowl, and Matty's going to get blamed when Seattle's allowed to tackle Julio Jones on every play. All I have to look forward to is the Cowboys losing at home.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:39 pm

People that think this Giants team was the only team that could beat the Pats were a special level of retarded. The Giants suck and there is a team or two that could beat the pat's on a good day. It is just not the Giants. Steelers and Packers
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:26 pm

mccarthy is atrocious. i don't mind going for it on 4th down (this is the same coach who kicked an extra point after the hail mary last year in the playoffs to go to OT opposed to going for 2) but that's your play? a slow developing handoff to ty?

joe buck and aikman are unlistenable but nantz and simms are worse

nypost better bring the fire tomorrow
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:42 pm

Giants WRs did not have a particularly good game.
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/01/0 ... drugs.html
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:45 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

mccarthy is atrocious. i don't mind going for it on 4th down (this is the same coach who kicked an extra point after the hail mary last year in the playoffs to go to OT opposed to going for 2) but that's your play? a slow developing handoff to ty?

joe buck and aikman are unlistenable but nantz and simms are worse

nypost better bring the fire tomorrow

There was a wide open gap for a sneak. All they needed was inches.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:46 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:People that think this Giants team was the only team that could beat the Pats were a special level of retarded. The Giants suck and there is a team or two that could beat the pat's on a good day. It is just not the Giants. Steelers and Packers

Didn't the patriots have a weak schedule this year due to luck and injury?
I dont follow the NFL very closesly but I vaguely remember reading that somewhere.
Something about very few teams they beat had winning records.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:54 pm

Hansen, your thoughts?

* This is the one topic where I won't tell you to shut up. Make the most of this opportunity.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:55 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:People that think this Giants team was the only team that could beat the Pats were a special level of retarded. The Giants suck and there is a team or two that could beat the pat's on a good day. It is just not the Giants. Steelers and Packers

But at least Eli preserved his undefeated record in the Superbowl which is the basis of his greatness. If he had won three playoff games and then lost in the Superbowl it would mean that he sucks. This way he retains his great quarterback status vs Brady because he beat him twice head to head.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:51 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

I dont follow the NFL very closesly but I vaguely remember reading that somewhere.

They beat the Texans 27 to 0 with jacoby brissett at QB. Think on that BC fan. Like the Cardinals beating the sox
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:58 pm

If Vontaze Burfict has never been thrown out of a game, nobody else should either. Dupree should probably be fined, but no ejection was the right call. On the other hand, Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell probably should be suspended for what they did to the Dolphins
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:03 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:If Vontaze Burfict has never been thrown out of a game, nobody else should either. Dupree should probably be fined, but no ejection was the right call. On the other hand, Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell probably should be suspended for what they did to the Dolphins

I agree that's the right call given what the rules are. I'm saying the rule should be changed. He went high and led with the crown of the helmet.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:09 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:If Vontaze Burfict has never been thrown out of a game, nobody else should either. Dupree should probably be fined, but no ejection was the right call. On the other hand, Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell probably should be suspended for what they did to the Dolphins

I agree that's the right call given what the rules are. I'm saying the rule should be changed. He went high and led with the crown of the helmet.

I thought Bud should have went lower. I agree that the NFL needs to straighten out what they consider "hitting a runner" vs a personal foul, before it costs someone a Superbowl. They may also want to figure out what a catch is
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:18 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

I thought Bud should have went lower. I agree that the NFL needs to straighten out what they consider "hitting a runner" vs a personal foul, before it costs someone a Superbowl. They may also want to figure out what a catch is

I agree with all you guys. Absolutely no reason he had to hit him in the facemask when the flags are attached to his waist.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:50 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

I agree with all you guys. Absolutely no reason he had to hit him in the facemask when the flags are attached to his waist.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo. ... ent=safari

"Moore was rolling to his right, when linebacker Bud Dupree lowered his head and hit Moore in the helmet with the crown of his helmet. It was a easy for officials to throw a 15-yard penalty flag on Dupree."

Using quotes from a Yahoo sports article to support your opinion? What is this a high school English class? I would also appreciate it if you could at least cite it in MLA format
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:02 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

They beat the Texans 27 to 0 with jacoby brissett at QB. Think on that BC fan. Like the Cardinals beating the sox

Cardinals-Red Sox are 2-2 in World Series. :shrug
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:20 am

One of which took place when 40% of the modern-day league would be ineligible to play.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium